Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2012 7:08 PM

Jan 2012
Is Ryuunosuke a Boy or a Girl? seriously they refer to Ryuunosuke as if 'he' was a boy. Transgender?

EDIT: omg it's a guy! i really thought he was a girl see here
SemeticBoyDec 12, 2012 5:33 AM
Dec 11, 2012 7:09 PM

Jan 2012
TheHandOfShame said:
penguindrum264 said:
TheHandOfShame said:
So Rita and all the painters at that atelier looked at Renaissance era paintings and thought they're not as good as their own work, and only quit painting out of despair when they saw Mashiro's paintings? This is fake drama. Nobody would quit painting because of Mashiro's paint splotches, and then blame it on her. If they can deal with not being as good as the Renaissance masters, they can deal with not being as good as Mashiro.

Until this episode, I thought Akasaka was a girl.

Go to a music/art institute or department, look at the graduation rates in most of those schools/departments. Most give up. A lot get discouraged being around a person who is talented. Yea they know they probably won't be as good as masters(they have already worked hard and achieved what they have/had), but there's a difference being around a person given the same resources but progresses at a much faster rate with just as much or less effort. Most people sadly cannot come to a accept the fact someone else is naturally better, and start to think negatively of themselves and their works.
Sorata thinks positively(something that's rare and I think should be more common) and is inspired by being Mashiro(even though he does something completely different from her). The ones that get inspired by those who are naturally better than them to work harder are those who continue till the end.

So I fail to see how the drama is fake. Yes to a person who hasn't witnessed this countless times it may seem fake. For those who have seen others face this are able to understand.

If there really are a lot of people who behave that way, then I guess I have once again overestimated the intelligence of other people. It is absurd to accept that you're never going to be the best, but then quit when somebody turns out to be better than you.

It's understandable that people feel that way. I'm guessing unless if you've seen people in this situation or never questioned yourself about something you dedicate yourself too, it's not understandable. I never felt this way, in fact when I see people better than me I get inspired.

Sadly, many people don't feel that way, they feel belittled being around someone who progresses much faster than them. It's not about someone being better but someone being able to understand and progress at a much faster rate. It's more of an emotional.

Arts and music is more of an emotional field in comparison to most other fields and a person's ability to understand things determination to practice and have creativity along with the person's bond with the field. Sometimes people get impatient when they're left behind and give up. They start to lose the interest and emotional interest in what they once had. They think they've wasted time doing something they aren't good at. They feel incompetent.

Rita was even told by her grandfather to stop and that probably made her feel worthless.

I'm not sure if you would understand this, but please note it's a common thing and you shouldn't judge someone because of this. I tried my best to explain it. I don't think I can really describe it in a way that's understandable without you witnessing an event like this especially when they're.

Just the main point, an emotional connection is important in arts field. (some people do give up due to lack of dedication and the competitiveness of the fields but that's a whole other discussion).

Ryunosuke did make valid points though. If you've noticed all the characters had conflicting emotions so far and their worth able to start thinking positively. I'm sure there's gonna be one about Jin and Misaki since I believe their both in the same field if I'm not mistaken.
penguindrum264Dec 11, 2012 7:19 PM
Dec 11, 2012 7:22 PM
Jul 2012
God, Ryuunosuke is LUCKY! Not because he got Rita, because he can see through someone's facade, and that is something I wished I could do, and am somewhat like him, nerd, geek, sometimes cocky, and overall has hair too long for gender. Out of all my male classmates, I have the longest hair( it is not like his, its just barely reaching the back of my chest if I stood straight)
Dec 11, 2012 7:44 PM

May 2009
SemeticBoy said:
Is Ryuunosuke a Boy or a Girl? seriously they refer to Ryuunosuke as if 'he' was a boy. Transgender?

Babby's first trap?
Dec 11, 2012 7:55 PM

Feb 2012
bastek66 said:
SemeticBoy said:

Babby's first trap?

Sounds about right
Dec 11, 2012 8:35 PM

Nov 2009
penguindrum264 said:

tl;dr

I have a friend, and he has been playing League of Legends for about 2 years. Then he invited me to play. So, I played, and until now it has been 1month, but I carried him to win games from the 2nd week. It only took me 1week to master what type of champion I'm belong to.

You wouldn't know how frustrated he was when I called him noob, I even beat him 1v1 same champ without runes/masteries. Now I feel guilty, I have to apologize to him, called that was just luck cause I know I've hurt his pride.

And, let's face with reality, I wouldn't want to be friend with a genius. But I would be glad to have him in my assignment group.
Takana_no_HanaDec 11, 2012 8:39 PM
Dec 11, 2012 8:39 PM
Oct 2012
basically Rita is a bitch who blame another person because mashiro better than herself at painting and quit painting because she's not good as her ... yeah right good thinking ( I want to slap her on her face )
Dec 11, 2012 9:02 PM
Oct 2012
genius people yeah right there's a dozen people like that in my university and you know that I don't blame them because they're genius people and I don't quit my education because a lot of genius people around me, I befriend with them instead tell them that I hate to be with them and I learn something new from them, pressure in daily life is usual for me and can make me to be a better person the point is never give up to yourself ( just example from my point of view )

never give up because this is your life, this is your game , this is your rule
Dec 11, 2012 9:05 PM

Oct 2012
penguindrum264 said:
TheHandOfShame said:
penguindrum264 said:
TheHandOfShame said:
So Rita and all the painters at that atelier looked at Renaissance era paintings and thought they're not as good as their own work, and only quit painting out of despair when they saw Mashiro's paintings? This is fake drama. Nobody would quit painting because of Mashiro's paint splotches, and then blame it on her. If they can deal with not being as good as the Renaissance masters, they can deal with not being as good as Mashiro.

Until this episode, I thought Akasaka was a girl.

Go to a music/art institute or department, look at the graduation rates in most of those schools/departments. Most give up. A lot get discouraged being around a person who is talented. Yea they know they probably won't be as good as masters(they have already worked hard and achieved what they have/had), but there's a difference being around a person given the same resources but progresses at a much faster rate with just as much or less effort. Most people sadly cannot come to a accept the fact someone else is naturally better, and start to think negatively of themselves and their works.
Sorata thinks positively(something that's rare and I think should be more common) and is inspired by being Mashiro(even though he does something completely different from her). The ones that get inspired by those who are naturally better than them to work harder are those who continue till the end.

So I fail to see how the drama is fake. Yes to a person who hasn't witnessed this countless times it may seem fake. For those who have seen others face this are able to understand.

If there really are a lot of people who behave that way, then I guess I have once again overestimated the intelligence of other people. It is absurd to accept that you're never going to be the best, but then quit when somebody turns out to be better than you.

It's understandable that people feel that way. I'm guessing unless if you've seen people in this situation or never questioned yourself about something you dedicate yourself too, it's not understandable. I never felt this way, in fact when I see people better than me I get inspired.

Sadly, many people don't feel that way, they feel belittled being around someone who progresses much faster than them. It's not about someone being better but someone being able to understand and progress at a much faster rate. It's more of an emotional.

Arts and music is more of an emotional field in comparison to most other fields and a person's ability to understand things determination to practice and have creativity along with the person's bond with the field. Sometimes people get impatient when they're left behind and give up. They start to lose the interest and emotional interest in what they once had. They think they've wasted time doing something they aren't good at. They feel incompetent.

Rita was even told by her grandfather to stop and that probably made her feel worthless.

I'm not sure if you would understand this, but please note it's a common thing and you shouldn't judge someone because of this. I tried my best to explain it. I don't think I can really describe it in a way that's understandable without you witnessing an event like this especially when they're.

Just the main point, an emotional connection is important in arts field. (some people do give up due to lack of dedication and the competitiveness of the fields but that's a whole other discussion).

Ryunosuke did make valid points though. If you've noticed all the characters had conflicting emotions so far and their worth able to start thinking positively. I'm sure there's gonna be one about Jin and Misaki since I believe their both in the same field if I'm not mistaken.
i completely agree with you. it's sad that it's true, but it is reality. People will tend to look toward the negative side, instead of positively looking at it. I fail to see whats not to understand, but i think this is very realistic. People can judge other's actions from the side and say they lack intelligence, but in actuality, if they were put in the same situation, emotions would sway their judgement, and what they thought was stupid, might be the action they will subconsciously do. emotions are hard to control, and they can heavily influence your judgement based on your emotions. This didn't feel forced IMO like a lot of people said.
Dec 11, 2012 9:10 PM

May 2011
BloodSeed said:
genius people yeah right there's a dozen people like that in my university and you know that I don't blame them because they're genius people and I don't quit my education because a lot of genius people around me, I befriend with them instead tell them that I hate to be with them and I learn something new from them, pressure in daily life is usual for me and can make me to be a better person the point is never give up to yourself ( just example from my point of view )

never give up because this is your life, this is your game , this is your rule

I wouldn't be frustrated about someone being better than me, I see it more as a motivation to catch up. But some people do get frustrated, but probably more so if its someone they personally know, and they probably have a superiority complex. However, I see this more common in hobbies more so than education.
Dec 11, 2012 9:10 PM

Sep 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Lol, the forced drama.

I wouldn't say that the drama is forced. For me, it's kinda lame.

Dec 11, 2012 10:33 PM

Sep 2009
I'm enjoying this show...both the comedy and drama. It's interesting seeing comments from both sides of the fence. On an episode that's nothing but comedy people complain about the lack of drama and on an episode with a lot of drama other people complain about that.
Dec 12, 2012 5:09 AM

Jul 2012

Best girl of this show. I loved her cold and rational apporach to the situation.
Finally a character that doesn't give a shit about the feelings of others and let herself be manipulated by the others.
Made the show instantly better!
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Dec 12, 2012 5:16 AM

Feb 2012
nantuko said:
"oh no, there's someone better at something than me, so I gonna stop doing it because with that I am bad at it" That's the way you go, girl. So forced..
That was even worse than I expected.
Akasaka was saying what I was thinking, ha. Plus point for him.
Except for that a shitty episode but it's a 24 ep anime, it has to go down somewhere (temporary), doesn't it?

My thoughts exactly. As much as I completely 100% understand what it meas to feel inferior to somebody because of their art (went to art school myself) and even wanting to quit it, that was just straight up stupid in my opinion, the whole class left??! a bit of an exaggeration dont you think, at least make it a little believable...
I'm sorry but... there are surely better painters than Shiina out there, just read an art history book Rita! I agree with everyone about Ryuunosuke slowly becoming their favourite character though, at least he has a backbone as opposed to batty boy Kanda over there lol
anyway Rita is just an annoying character and after realising this anime is 24 episodes I feel sort of deflated.
erochanDec 12, 2012 5:20 AM
Dec 12, 2012 5:44 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have found sadly in this episode that Mashiro is a sick individual with a genetic default despite having a genius gene. Here is what I found out:
Emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD) is a broad category which is used commonly in educational settings, to group a range of more specific perceived difficulties of children and adolescents. Both general definitions as well as concrete diagnosis of EBD may be controversial as the observed behavior may depend on many factors.
Precisely the following symptom:
Externalizing disorders

Words and phrases that are commonly used with children who externalize are extroverted, under-controlled, and acting out. This includes Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Conduct Disorder. These children act out their emotions instead of holding them in, exhibiting behaviors such as fighting, bullying, cursing, and other forms of violence.

As such it drags in and becomes even apparent in the following:
Conduct disorder is a psychological disorder diagnosed in childhood that presents itself through a repetitive and persistent pattern of behavior in which the basic rights of others or major age-appropriate norms are violated. These behaviors are often referred to as "antisocial behaviors."[1] Indeed, the disorder is often seen as the precursor to antisocial personality disorder.

Now that being said you can follow from the Conduct Disorder:
Lack of Empathy
Empathy is being able to recognize feelings that other people are experiencing. Therefore, lack of empathy is not being able to recognize feelings of others. The child diagnosed with CD often presents with a lack of empathy. Because the child with CD is unable to place themselves in the other person’s shoes, they are unable to understand their consequences.
One of the factors of conduct disorder is a lower level of fear. Research performed[44] on the impact of toddlers who are exposed to fear and distress show negative emotionality (fear) predict toddlers’ empathy-related responding to distress. The findings support that if a caregiver is able to respond to infant cues, the toddler has a better ability to respond to fear and distress. If a child does not learn how to handle fear or distress the child will be more likely to lash out at other children. If the caregiver is able to provide therapeutic intervention teaching children at risk better empathy skills, the child will have a lower incident level of conduct disorder.

And I think I said enough to show that Mashiro is genetically a lost cause whom has much to offer society with her brain but little can she function around with those illnesses. Being tolerant like Rita is the best one can do or losing it and killing Mashiro is another but then again some people tend to think that it’s best to get rid of problematic kids like Mashiro, I think the benefits are there despite the social problems such a kid like Mashiro causes. However with this: The specific cause of behavioral disorders is not known, but a number of factors may contribute to their development. Genetics may play a role, as behavioral disorders are more common in children who have a family history of mental illness or substance abuse. Environment factors, such as unstable home life, child abuse, lack of supervision, and inconsistent discipline, all seem to increase the risk of children developing behavioral disorders.... it undeniable Mashiro may have had abusive parents that used either drugs or had problems from their own families. To say the least I wonder of them with my findings. Are they even alive?

My sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_disorders#Externalizing_disorders
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conduct_Disorder#Diagnosis
http://www.localhealth.com/article/behavioral-disorders
About fan service appeal, I find that Rita’s breast press in the spoiler
Was sexually appealing to me cause I liker her big breasts.

About Rita, I find that Rita at the end in the following,

Was MOE and made my manhood happier.

About Hauhau aka Himemiya Saori//Tatebayashi Souichirou-senpai, I find that both of them in the spoiler
as a first appearance make me think that Souichirou is kind of like Jin but more refined/conservative and it looks like he has a relationship going on with Saori. While Hauhau looks best in the spoiler
with MOE appeals as such it show and she exhibited. The earphones too.

About thee end/my conclusion, indeed the episode had forced drama to appeal to the masses sadly. It was not really done right cause it felt forced.

I am getting FUCK ALL FED THE FUCK UP with the shit drags at the end. Always dragging blah blah this shit and that shit at the end. GET ON WITH IT! GET ON WITH IT! Meaning pass it and don’t drag. If you have to show some MOE DO IT but don’t make characters talk and blah blah shit then at the end MOE BOOM and that’s it. NO! Make the MOE BOOM and it’s over.

It’s hard to explain but if there is one thing forced in this series it’s the last 5 minutes of every single episode. Being in the industry, I can see in fact the series drags on instead of taking a direct approach to things. Easiest way to explain them would be instead of taking a detour, why not take the direct road to the destination? Pretty much.

Needs more Rita! Needs less Ryousuke cause he is a piece of shit fuck that fucks all cares of people's feelings. I hate shit heads like that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 12, 2012 6:07 AM

Jan 2008
ok , to star...
forced drama
forced drama
to start...
forced drama
forced drama
start off...
Lol, the forced drama.

*double face palm*

Really now , I didnt face palmed this much in my life . I dont really get other people , did they really understood this episode or did they just watched this episode from their asses ? I guess I dont need to explain myself about why this wasnt that "forced" since other users already pointed those out .

Well , done with the rant . now then
Rita is really~♥

And nice to see that Akasaka is finally interacting with others , and not going to school just for the required attendance .They really need Akasaka to be in their group because they need someone that can smack them right in the face the harsh truth without holding back . Just like what he did to Rita .Because that's what makes ppl better .

And to those people saying that Rita didnt developed/changed/improved in this arc:
From this .
To this .
Ok , anyone ?

And the art in this episode ,as usual, is just superb .
You can really feel how deep the characters feel just by looking at them alone .Combined with the rainy atmosphere . Just amazing .

Oh , and Akasaka , is just soooooo cute being embarrassed and such .Really looking forward to more of that next episode , HNNNNNNNNNNNG meido trap ~♥
And from what I noticed , there's still quite a number of ppl here that doesnt know that Akasaka is a
lol .
Oh , and about these parts .
It seemed like he picked up Sorata's bag first ,and it seems like he cares for Sorata the most in all of Sakurasou , so RyuunosukexSorata anyone ? x]]
archer_shirou01Dec 12, 2012 6:20 AM
Dec 12, 2012 7:26 AM

Jun 2010
Was seriously painful to read most of the comments... its mad depressing how close minded/narrow minded people are... Really the drama in this show is quite well done, I feel like the echii/consistent sex talk degrade the quality of the show while the drama is actually very true.

I think someone actuallly talked about lack of intelligence and illnesses was it? Hilarious, seriously. While we could discuss what a genius is and what constitutes that, forever, what many need to try to comprehend is that being a genius is a lonely thing. Others will undoubtedly feel jealous much more so than the few that claim they get motivated by people being better than them (Sorry but I don't believe you, pretty sure you are just bsing us and yourself). Geniuses get launched onto pedestals (mentioned in the anime considering Mashiro had a painting in an exhibit and her own book) and this causes peers (in the sense of those following the same discipline, whether it be art, sports or w/e) to battle against their own desire to continue their respective discipline while facing they may never even come close to reaching the heights of a naturally talented individual.

Does that mean you should give up? There is no right answer. Using sports as an analogy is perfect for this. You could work hard your entire adolescence in a respective sport and still have no chance at surpassing someone you worked harder than, but was more talented. Its a crushing depression that happens quite often. Many many people fall short of something they have poured their souls into.

Rita poured her soul into painting, only for her Sensei/Teacher/Grandfather to tell her she had no chance of reaching Mashiros potential. Technically the Rita arc was a slight rehash of what Sorata had already gone through. He had all these peers (age wise) around him that were soaring to heights unknown while he hadn't even begun to take flight.

If you can't comprehend the true magnitude of the story illustrated here, I feel sorry for you.
I can only conclude you are either A) Full of it B) Lying to yourself C) Ignorant.

@Yumekichi... I'm sorry to call you out but are you serious? Do you have some kind of mad inferiority complex that you are attacking Mashiro so heavily? Some kind of genius IRL that pwns you? While how Mashiro acts is maybe a little far-fetched, shes hardly "ill" in any way... How does HAVING empathy and whatever else somehow make you better? Beyond ridiculous.

Honestly I can't believe you went as far to call her a sick individual, we are talking about a fictional character here but if you were to say that to someone IRL I doubt I could hold back from knocking you unconscious. Seriously, you couldn't be talking out of your ass any better.
Dec 12, 2012 7:46 AM

May 2012
Nice drama in the ep.
Really like rita in the end of the episode :D
Ryousuke being shy is a nice element in the series (Y), but hell next episode cosplay? wtf xD
Dec 12, 2012 9:00 AM

Oct 2010
LuciferIAm said:
Was seriously painful to read most of the comments... its mad depressing how close minded/narrow minded people are... Really the drama in this show is quite well done, I feel like the echii/consistent sex talk degrade the quality of the show while the drama is actually very true.
The sex is just as a sell factor of the industry while the drama may be well done, it still feels forced at some point due to the directors ways of doing things. This is not the first time and many can tell you of their experiences from seeing series directed by the director. THEY ARE FORCED! In most of her series.
LuciferIAm said:
I think someone actually talked about lack of intelligence and illnesses was it? Hilarious, seriously. While we could discuss what a genius is and what constitutes that, forever, what many need to try to comprehend is that being a genius is a lonely thing.
Not at all. Being Genius is you being determined by a means of IQ and if you don't pass it then you are not a genius. Many did not do the test but should they have done, it would deem their level genius or not. That being said one can be mentally sick and be a genius at the same time. In others words one can be ADD but still excel in areas that makes them a genius.
LuciferIAm said:
Others will undoubtedly feel jealous much more so than the few that claim they get motivated by people being better than them (Sorry but I don't believe you, pretty sure you are just bsing us and yourself). Geniuses get launched onto pedestals (mentioned in the anime considering Mashiro had a painting in an exhibit and her own book) and this causes peers (in the sense of those following the same discipline, whether it be art, sports or w/e) to battle against their own desire to continue their respective discipline while facing they may never even come close to reaching the heights of a naturally talented individual.
No, most people like that tend to mentally enforce themselves due to the respects of their teachers whom should not be. It should instead be what they want. Whom Kanda explains to Rita. I am not BSing at all and quite on the opposite I have researched all there is to so far.
LuciferIAm said:
Does that mean you should give up? There is no right answer. Using sports as an analogy is perfect for this. You could work hard your entire adolescence in a respective sport and still have no chance at surpassing someone you worked harder than, but was more talented. Its a crushing depression that happens quite often. Many many people fall short of something they have poured their souls into.
And they should not care other than what it brings them and for their life. That is the problem of society whom it thrives to excel itself at and innovate. This is quite apparent in this series.
LuciferIAm said:
Rita poured her soul into painting, only for her Sensei/Teacher/Grandfather to tell her she had no chance of reaching Mashiros potential. Technically the Rita arc was a slight rehash of what Sorata had already gone through. He had all these peers (age wise) around him that were soaring to heights unknown while he hadn't even begun to take flight.
Indeed except Sorata cared nothing of them or was nothing of close to them to care. It's more his family expected of him and to me it looks like it's to be better than people around him. That mentality is clear.

Now the Rita arc serves as a example of how people are with trusted authorities and Rita needed someone to remind her that she does not need one to do what she wants. Basically if you got that.
LuciferIAm said:
If you can't comprehend the true magnitude of the story illustrated here, I feel sorry for you.
I can only conclude you are either A) Full of it B) Lying to yourself C) Ignorant.
Well sadly I understood far more than anyone. I just don't have the time anymore to write out but if you go to the club and can see my long posts, it should tell you how much far more I understand of this show.
LuciferIAm said:
@Yumekichi... I'm sorry to call you out but are you serious? Do you have some kind of mad inferiority complex that you are attacking Mashiro so heavily? Some kind of genius IRL that pwns you? While how Mashiro acts is maybe a little far-fetched, shes hardly "ill" in any way... How does HAVING empathy and whatever else somehow make you better? Beyond ridiculous.
It's obvious you do not understand the illness she has and much less as to what the anime showed of her and how it connects to what I mention.
LuciferIAm said:
Honestly I can't believe you went as far to call her a sick individual, we are talking about a fictional character here but if you were to say that to someone IRL I doubt I could hold back from knocking you unconscious. Seriously, you couldn't be talking out of your ass any better.
It does not matter, the fiction is to represent a reality whom clearly I showed makes sense in terms of what Mashiro is ill of mentally despite her genius.

I have long been around anime to know all its content shown or insinuated. I might be wrong but very often I am not.
archer_shirou01 said:
ok , to star...
forced drama
forced drama
to start...
forced drama
forced drama
start off...
Lol, the forced drama.

*double face palm*
You should not if you know the director and that HER WAYS are always into forced drama.
archer_shirou01 said:
Really now , I didnt face palmed this much in my life . I dont really get other people , did they really understood this episode or did they just watched this episode from their asses ? I guess I dont need to explain myself about why this wasnt that "forced" since other users already pointed those out .

Well , done with the rant . now then
Rita is really~♥
It was forced and by pointing out, you should mention what exactly because so far it proves to me nothing at all.
archer_shirou01 said:
And nice to see that Akasaka is finally interacting with others , and not going to school just for the required attendance .They really need Akasaka to be in their group because they need someone that can smack them right in the face the harsh truth without holding back . Just like what he did to Rita .Because that's what makes ppl better .
It can also backfire and get him into shit. A lot of people don't like shit heads like him cause of his consideration. This could land him a few fists in the face with WHO THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU ARE SHIT HEAD? Kind of thing. Ryousuke is a troublemaker that should STFU and know his place around.

He is just lucky Rita is a type of person that is quite not aggressive.
archer_shirou01 said:
And to those people saying that Rita didnt developed/changed/improved in this arc:
From this .
To this .
Ok , anyone ?
I think the improvement is emotional only. People expected something more from it. I for one wanted it to turn it differently but alas it was more generic kind of.
archer_shirou01 said:
And the art in this episode ,as usual, is just superb .
You can really feel how deep the characters feel just by looking at them alone .Combined with the rainy atmosphere . Just amazing .
The visuals are indeed but it's more the art in their eyes that make it different. The approach in seeing them change is in their eyes. That's the key of this series IMO.
archer_shirou01 said:
Oh , and Akasaka , is just soooooo cute being embarrassed and such .Really looking forward to more of that next episode , HNNNNNNNNNNNG meido trap ~♥
And from what I noticed , there's still quite a number of ppl here that doesnt know that Akasaka is a
lol .
I think he is just being overblown to MOE levels and TRAP levels due to the MOE itself.
archer_shirou01 said:
Oh , and about these parts .
It seemed like he picked up Sorata's bag first ,and it seems like he cares for Sorata the most in all of Sakurasou , so RyuunosukexSorata anyone ? x]]
I would not mind but those will only be done on Fan mangas. You will not find that in the series. However Ryousuke picked his bag first because he felt reality the most from Kanda in what he told him. His affection got his impulses in showing who meant most to him. That would be Kanda.
Yumekichi11Dec 12, 2012 9:07 AM

Dec 12, 2012 11:38 AM
Apr 2009
Yumekichi11
Just some things you forgot to consider when writing that nice but unreasonable analysis of yours.

Empathy is being able to recognize feelings that other people are experiencing. Therefore, lack of empathy is not being able to recognize feelings of others. The child diagnosed with CD often presents with a lack of empathy. Because the child with CD is unable to place themselves in the other person’s shoes, they are unable to understand their consequences.

Mashiro perfectly recognized feelings of Aoyama in 7th episode while others were not able to do it.

One of the factors of conduct disorder is a lower level of fear. Research performed[44] on the impact of toddlers who are exposed to fear and distress show negative emotionality (fear) predict toddlers’ empathy-related responding to distress.

These words have nothing to do with Mashiro.

Also, such mental disorders are not a diagnosis that made so easy. It requires some more than just observing two-three scenes of someones life.
Mashiro may have this disorder and may not have any disorder. By the way, any tsundere girl (I'm looking at you Aoyama) or genki (Hi there, Misaki) can be seen with mental issues too.
So you free to think all you want, but just don't try to make it a fact using some copypasted articles without really having knowledge or experience in this areas.
Dec 12, 2012 11:40 AM

Mar 2012
LuciferIAm said:

I can only conclude you are either A) Full of it B) Lying to yourself C) Ignorant...

Not trying to start a flame war or anything (it looks like the mod's gonna have to come in pretty soon), but it's silly to throw everyone under the bus for not thinking exactly what you're thinking.

Everyone's had to go through this at one point or another, meeting someone else who is far more talented than they are. I meet them all the time. You probably do too. The reason so many people called this episode forced drama is probably that Rita is just plain immature. Jealousy is common. We all know that. But to say that someone destroyed you because he/she is more talented -- that's a lot of bull. It's not like Rita hasn't had any success either. Her painting's in that exhibit too.

And it's not like Shiina's only succeeded based on pure talent. Of all people, Rita should've understood how much work Shiina's put in to be where she is. If she likes painting so much, why should she stop because of Shiina or whatever her grandfather said? Only one person ever gets to be the best at something in the world at any point. When you boil down Rita's inferiority complex, it's just bitterness toward someone who's done better. It's childish. Comparing her to Sorata is also inappropriate in this case. Sorata looked to improve himself, sure, he got frustrated at some point, but he never battered other people for their successes even when he's feeling low.
Dec 12, 2012 11:49 AM
Apr 2009

Not trying to start a flame war or anything (it looks like the mod's gonna have to come in pretty soon), but it's silly to throw everyone under the bus for not thinking exactly what you're thinking.

Everyone's had to go through this at one point or another, meeting someone else who is far more talented than they are. I meet them all the time. You probably do too. The reason so many people called this episode forced drama is probably that Rita is just plain immature. Jealousy is common. We all know that. But to say that someone destroyed you because he/she is more talented -- that's a lot of bull. It's not like Rita hasn't had any success either. Her painting's in that exhibit too.

And it's not like Shiina's only succeeded based on pure talent. Of all people, Rita should've understood how much work Shiina's put in to be where she is. If she likes painting so much, why should she stop because of Shiina or whatever her grandfather said? Only one person ever gets to be the best at something in the world at any point. When you boil down Rita's inferiority complex, it's just bitterness toward someone who's done better. It's childish. Comparing her to Sorata is also inappropriate in this case. Sorata looked to improve himself, sure, he got frustrated at some point, but he never battered other people for their successes even when he's feeling low.

Well Rita is immature teen girl. You expected maturity? Really?
Her behavior perfectly understandable, I guess one can easier understand it if he had some similar experience (and sports are perfect example here)
Dec 12, 2012 11:55 AM

Mar 2012
reve said:

Well Rita is immature teen girl. You expected maturity? Really?
Her behavior perfectly understandable, I guess one can easier understand it if he had some similar experience (and sports are perfect example here)

No, I don't mean to say I expected every character in this series to be mature. I'm only offering my reasons for saying why this felt like forced drama. Rita was basically throwing a tantrum and her case is far less relatable (as can be surmised from the negative responses on this thread) than those of other Sakurasou residents. It's fair enough that you think her behavior is perfectly understandable. I just disliked the way the other person criticized everyone who begged to differ.
Dec 12, 2012 12:08 PM

Oct 2010
reve said:
Yumekichi11
Just some things you forgot to consider when writing that nice but unreasonable analysis of yours.

Mashiro perfectly recognized feelings of Aoyama in 7th episode while others were not able to do it.
Well that's strange but she totally omitted the ones from Rita? Clearly mental emotional defienciency somewhere there.
reve said:

One of the factors of conduct disorder is a lower level of fear. Research performed[44] on the impact of toddlers who are exposed to fear and distress show negative emotionality (fear) predict toddlers’ empathy-related responding to distress.

These words have nothing to do with Mashiro.
Who said to take all the words of the article. You should take this:Empathy is being able to recognize feelings that other people are experiencing. Therefore, lack of empathy is not being able to recognize feelings of others. The child diagnosed with CD often presents with a lack of empathy. Because the child with CD is unable to place themselves in the other person’s shoes, they are unable to understand their consequences. More into account in terms of Mashiro.
reve said:
Also, such mental disorders are not a diagnosis that made so easy. It requires some more than just observing two-three scenes of someones life.
Mashiro may have this disorder and may not have any disorder. By the way, any tsundere girl (I'm looking at you Aoyama) or genki (Hi there, Misaki) can be seen with mental issues too.
Yes and some do have it. Rare are those that are more normal than the average but there are some, depends on how you look at a character. And no this is not based on 2 or 3 scenes. It is based on multi parts of episodes, character profiling and setup analysis. In fact it's so much that's it's too hard to explain.
reve said:
So you free to think all you want, but just don't try to make it a fact using some copypasted articles without really having knowledge or experience in this areas.
Don't accuse me of that cause the articles have loads to do with the realism of this show.

I do have experience, I did a stage with social worker in psychological care and I did do Psychology in college.

I am telling you that Mashiro is quite the gene defect despite her other positive traits.

Most are blind to the fact the series is nothing more than a mere morale/hope booster for people that are like the characters in this series to go on and achieve. All the psychological aspects are laid out so far. Remains to see how one views but in terms of society in Japan, yeah this series as of this episode surely and totally is a booster that totally gives out hope to the young audiences that watches it in Japan.

Dec 12, 2012 12:20 PM
Apr 2009

Yes and some do have it. Rare are those that are more normal than the average but there are some, depends on how you look at a character. And no this is not based on 2 or 3 scenes. It is based on multi parts of episodes, character profiling and setup analysis. In fact it's so much that's it's too hard to explain.

Multiple parts of episodes are still just parts and it's still too little information to make some assumptions.

I do have experience, I did a stage with social worker in psychological care and I did do Psychology in college.

I am telling you that Mashiro is quite the gene defect despite her other positive traits.

Then sorry, but you are incompetent as a psychologist. No one of them are going to make a diagnosis basing only on some events of persons life. There should a lot, really A LOT of tests, observations and such procedures before making an assumption about mental disorder.
I also studied psychology in university (vastly a pedagogical part of it, but a lot of general psychology too). And it's like a mandatory rule -- not to make earlier assumptions and you are just making one
Dec 12, 2012 12:29 PM

May 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
You should not if you know the director and that HER WAYS are always into forced drama.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Yumekichi11 said:
However Ryousuke picked his bag first because he felt reality the most from Kanda in what he told him. His affection got his impulses in showing who meant most to him. That would be Kanda.

He hasn't friends besides Maid. He hates women that's why he picked Sorata's bag first, don't put up here any yaoishit.
Dec 12, 2012 12:37 PM

Nov 2008
Hopefully Ryuunosuke will get more air time, love his character and personality. I wonder what is going to happen to Rita?
Dec 12, 2012 12:41 PM

May 2009
ClementIV said:
Hopefully Ryuunosuke will get more air time, love his character and personality. I wonder what is going to happen to Rita?

Spoiler http://i.imgur.com/09xEdl.jpg
Dec 12, 2012 12:42 PM

Oct 2010
reve said:

Multiple parts of episodes are still just parts and it's still too little information to make some assumptions.
There is plenty that suggests around at most. It just needs a reading in between in the long run of seeing animes I can deduce that but of course the last say is the creator himself. Till then I got quite enough to impose that diagnosis. Perhaps IRL it would be a joke but in fiction it's plain fun for me.

reve said:
Then sorry, but you are incompetent as a psychologist. No one of them are going to make a diagnosis basing only on some events of persons life. There should a lot, really A LOT of tests, observations and such procedures before making an assumption about mental disorder.
IRL yeah but in terms of anime for kicks, even one bunch of elements can lead to a diagnosis on many characters. I would certainly not take back anything of this series back into the IRL situations but what it does show of the Slice of Life gender to me is in part what I concluded of Mashiro of her character a genius but broken DNA strand that offered a beauty with certain defect gene traits among them emotional recognition of jealousy.
reve said:
I also studied psychology in university (vastly a pedagogical part of it, but a lot of general psychology too). And it's like a mandatory rule -- not to make earlier assumptions and you are just making one
Does not matter, cause standardization do not apply much on diagnosis for fiction and at least I chose not to apply all of them in my diagnosis.
bastek66 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

What the fuck are you talking about?
Her:
http://myanimelist.net/people/5978/Okada_Mari
that should tell you all.
bastek66 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
However Ryousuke picked his bag first because he felt reality the most from Kanda in what he told him. His affection got his impulses in showing who meant most to him. That would be Kanda.
He hasn't friends besides Maid. He hates women that's why he picked Sorata's bag first, don't put up here any yaoishit.
Ok that can be taken into account but other than that I was going by his feelings and no there is no romance of them involved. I was going more for friends only ones.
bastek66 said:
ClementIV said:

Oh great now I get it. Not what I hoped for but predictable with how Rita acted in this episode in regards to your spoiler.

Dec 12, 2012 12:44 PM

Nov 2011
Does no one else feel sorry for Ryuunosuke? In fact he's my favourite character given that every other character in this episode proved they were dramatic piles of horse shit which was completely irrelevant. It was quite a cliché story from Rita to begin with so I can't say I felt sorry for her haha.
Dec 12, 2012 12:53 PM
Apr 2009

IRL yeah but in terms of anime for kicks, even one bunch of elements can lead to a diagnosis on many characters. I would certainly not take back anything of this series back into the IRL situations but what it does show of the Slice of Life gender to me is in part what I concluded of Mashiro of her character a genius but broken DNA strand that offered a beauty with certain defect gene traits among them emotional recognition of jealousy.

Well, I can argue back that in anime there is a lot of exaggeration of emotions and reactions, so taking it into account one should at least divide it in half.
This is work of fiction, so IMO it is stupid to apply RL analysis to fictive situations leave alone stating diagnosis and such with quotes of symptoms description. After all if author wanted to make character with disorder he would just write one line about it (but he didn't for 8 novels and I really don't think he will in last).
Dec 12, 2012 1:24 PM

May 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Her:
http://myanimelist.net/people/5978/Okada_Mari
that should tell you all.

She isn't director. And she isn't bad at adaptations.
For a fucks sake I bet if Toradara aired today it would've been called "forced drama".
For the one who created that buzzword - Go choke on a dick!
Dec 12, 2012 1:27 PM
Sep 2008
reve said:

Well, I can argue back that in anime there is a lot of exaggeration of emotions and reactions, so taking it into account one should at least divide it in half.
This is work of fiction, so IMO it is stupid to apply RL analysis to fictive situations leave alone stating diagnosis and such with quotes of symptoms description. After all if author wanted to make character with disorder he would just write one line about it (but he didn't for 8 novels and I really don't think he will in last).

Thank god! Finally someone said it. Seriously Yumekichi11, imo what you're doing does not make sensee. Yeah, I know it's for fun, but still...
Dec 12, 2012 1:36 PM

Mar 2012
This episode was good. They just overdid with a rainy scene and the crying.
Dec 12, 2012 1:39 PM

Jan 2008
Finally got around to taking a peek at this thread. What's with all this 'forced drama' shit? As in the discussion, not the anime. I don't understand why people are considering it 'forced', probably 'sudden' but it was not forced.

It should have been obvious there a lot of things going on in Rita's head, there we're plenty of hints such as how she mentioned Shiina will break Sorata like she broke her, how Ryuunosuke mentioned her fake smile (meaning she shows fake emotions), etc. It only needed something to trigger the emotional break down, and after everything that happened, it should have been pretty obvious it would have ended like that when they figured they needed another person to help draw at Shiina's level. She was obviously the only choice, and if you bothered to remember, though not sure how you can't since we're constantly reminded on it, on how she doesn't paint anymore. Adding those together, it should have been pretty clear. I don't know how it forced it on anyone.
Dec 12, 2012 2:03 PM

Feb 2012
What a nice grandfather!

This is just silly, srsly.
Dec 12, 2012 2:23 PM

Oct 2010
reve said:

Well for me it's gratifying for my brain and quite simply it's not to you. What I gain from it in my own way is what other lose out. I am simply stating that even if the author did not mention it, quite obviously he left signs which can be interpreted as such.

Once again in this episode, ignorance of the notions of jealousy aka a emotional state ommitance which IRL is a sickness or can be one. Since Mashiro has other social functional problems, one can diagnosis her with a illness most easily.

Dec 12, 2012 2:54 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
(Big Grin)

Scoops said:
What a nice grandfather!

This is just silly, srsly.
Sure it is, if you've never had relatives like that.
Dec 12, 2012 2:55 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was like Scottie Pippen coming to you in tears: " My grandma told me I will never be as good as Michael Jordan. Fuck basket-ball. I quit. CAN YOU FEEL MY PAIN?"

You like it if you want, but no way you're going to force me to like this kind of storyline.
Dec 12, 2012 3:02 PM
Feb 2012
I think the biggest problem with the drama is that the specific situation it details is niche enough that most people won't actually empathize. If you've been through the same, it's 100% accurate, but most people haven't.

It's not about the existence of people that happen to be better than you, it's more complicated than that.

The issue stems is if you're 3 standard deviations above average at something, average people will look up to you, and then expect you to perform at 5 standard deviations because they can't recognize the difference (talent creates expectations, remember Hyouka?). However, being at 3 standard deviations, you'll know that 5 standard deviations is more or less impossible no longer how much you really work. Then you get grouped along side someone who is the once in the century 7 standard deviations above average. And suddenly, they're performing what you've tried and fail to do countless times without breaking a sweat, and then other people immediately begin comparing you and asking why you can't match up. It's soul crushing and demoralizing, because you're constantly being compared to someone you can never meet, and expected to perform at a level that you'll never reach.

That is the problem when you have enough talent to be noticeable, but not enough to actually deliver. It's not a situation most people are put though, but if you have been, the emotions are very real.
Dec 12, 2012 3:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
SetsukoHara said:
but no way you're going to force me to like this kind of storyline.
I didn't think anybody was trying. Somebody twisting your arm?
Dec 12, 2012 4:21 PM
Nov 2012
I really like Shinaa clumsiness! What Rita said was really true about not being Shinaa if she was not clumsy. Ryuu will fall for Rita and im rooting for them ehehhe ^^ LOL about the Ryu cosplay too x.x whyyy RYU WHYYYY
Dec 12, 2012 4:34 PM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
SetsukoHara said:
but no way you're going to force me to like this kind of storyline.
I didn't think anybody was trying. Somebody twisting your arm?

No, but some people think that if I don't like then I am:

bastek66 said:
idiot

bastek66 said:
stupid

and I

archer_shirou01 said:
just watched this episode from my ass
Dec 12, 2012 4:35 PM
Oct 2010
Cratex said:
Forced drama?

In high school I was a VERY big fish in a little pond - never even studied. Then i went to a small liberal arts college, majored in Physics and Mathematics - I was still a big (but not very big) fish in a small pond.

Then I went to graduate school at a large state university and tried to get a Ph.D. in Physics, my dream since I was 16. I was eaten alive.

Took me almost 15 years to get over it.

Guess I was stupid and shallow. (shrug)

Perhaps the degree to which you can understand and empathize with a person like Rita is proportional to your own experiences with failure at a subject for which you were passionate and determined to succeed. Turned on its head, perhaps it should not be expected of people who never had the experience of failing at something they were passionate about (or never having anything to be particularly passionate about?) to comprehend Rita's behaviour. Sad case of affairs, that. But that is just my view.

I do think there were some pacing issues near the end: it went too fast. It was like:

* rain *
Rita: I hate you!
Mashiro: Wat
* everyone runs, Ryuu saves the tomatoes *
Mashiro: You had no fun?
Rita: No, I had fun! I love you!
Mashiro: I love you too! lets make babies *hug*

Next scene they draw pictures together.

Like can I order a stoplight? They're going so fast spacetime is curving all around them.
Dec 12, 2012 4:51 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
hentai_proxy said:
It was like:

* rain *
Rita: I hate you!
Mashiro: Wat
* everyone runs, Ryuu saves the tomatoes *
Mashiro: You had no fun?
Rita: No, I had fun! I love you!
Mashiro: I love you too! lets make babies *hug*

Next scene they draw pictures together.

Like can I order a stoplight? They're going so fast spacetime is curving all around them.
ROTFLMAO
Dec 12, 2012 4:54 PM

May 2009
SetsukoHara said:

No, but some people think that if I don't like then I am:

bastek66 said:
idiot

bastek66 said:
stupid

Only if you are using retarded buzzwords.
Dec 12, 2012 4:59 PM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
Forced drama?

In high school I was a VERY big fish in a little pond - never even studied. Then i went to a small liberal arts college, majored in Physics and Mathematics - I was still a big (but not very big) fish in a small pond.

Then I went to graduate school at a large state university and tried to get a Ph.D. in Physics, my dream since I was 16. I was eaten alive.

Took me almost 15 years to get over it.

Guess I was stupid and shallow. (shrug)

I don't think your situations are alike. To be honest your situation seems closer to Sorata actually, and you didn't see anyone complaining about Sorata's feeling.
Rita's situation is not exactly the same because she is still succesful, her paintings or whatever she is doing were also in that exhibit. Plus, it seems that Mashiro is the only person that was actually better than she was.
I really can't empathize with someone that is moping around because of those reasons. And when the director adds lots of crying, shock faces, sad piano music, and the freaking rain... I can't help but thinking the drama is forced considering Rita's problem.
Dec 12, 2012 5:08 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
SetsukoHara said:

I don't think your situations are alike. To be honest your situation seems closer to Sorata actually, and you didn't see anyone complaining about Sorata's feeling.
Sorata doesn't really know what he wants and he's not yet really passionate about anything yet. He's also not directly competing with any of the others with what he's working out for himself. Rita, like me, found the one thing she thought she was good at totally eclipsed by the amazing raw talent of someone else and was weeded out based on a grade curve. That's why I can totally see where she is coming from.
Dec 12, 2012 8:25 PM

May 2011
Logically I know that the greatness another person obtains in no way diminishes anyone else's achievements. But I understand that particular kind of jealousy in this. What really did bother me is that Rita said all that despite being Shiina's friend. It is like she didn't even see how poor Shiina is at dealing with people while still caring about others after all that time. Maybe their schooling did make that hard to see, but ugh, Shiina gets hurt so much from what people say.

I'm glad Akasaka spoke up though. Somehow I felt sorry for him more than Rita. Totally harsh what he said, but Sorata telling him he spoke without thinking about others made me so mad. Mostly because to me he was the only one who seemed to be saying anything to defend Shiina. As one life-challenged person for another.
Dec 12, 2012 10:46 PM
Nov 2010
I dunno why people think Rita's feelings on the matter is unrealistic, flat, and cliche. When one aspires to be great and that dream is crushed by one's best friend, whom doesn't even notice, one might be a little jealous, envious, and hateful- just a little, maybe. I mean, even Rita's grandfather told her to stop trying... that sounds pretty demoralizing to me..lol.

I'd say a more flat or one-dimensional character would be one that doesn't care what anybody says or thinks, never gives up, and is like that no matter what happens; Less believable and more cliche.

The real reason people complain about Rita is because they don't like her negativity, her complaining, and her drama. But that was the most interesting part. You see how she thinks, you begin to see parallels with how Sorata thinks too when he coldly pushed Shiina away when he lost the proposal. It adds depth; not flatness lol.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do You Remember This Anime?

Fantom_Slayer - Sep 5

39 by Kagayaku3_0 »»
Sep 23, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

642 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 4, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

403 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2012

245 by Megumin_SatouS2 »»
Aug 18, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2012

266 by Jeelan_oh_man »»
Jul 28, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.