Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 1, 2013 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So much fish~

Hero looks great in that armor imo. Otherwise, an alright episode. I enjoyed watching the Female Knight this episode but not so much that kid. Ugh, annoying kid.

I had to face palm myself during that night scene. Just fucking priceless. I loved that dance at night though. That was elegant.
Stark700Feb 1, 2013 10:45 AM
Feb 1, 2013 10:43 AM

Feb 2012
so did they kiss or what
Feb 1, 2013 11:26 AM

Jun 2012
At last, now the show is turning into something I expected and hoped it to be. I am happy.
ChepriFeb 1, 2013 12:05 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Feb 1, 2013 11:28 AM

Aug 2010
Good episode.

And Yuusha mentioned his harem XD...man he has a lots of girls he met on his journey hehe.

That was a nice dance scene.
Feb 1, 2013 11:47 AM
Sep 2011
Once again I'm awestruck by the gorgeous background art, seemingly rendered in watercolour, every shot is feast for the eyes.

I'm glad the focus shifted away from our main cast a bit and showed more of how war is progressing and the regions inhabited by the Demons as it shifted dynamics concerning the plot. As valuable potatoes and corn may are for the world, actual politics around the war are just more effective at holding the viewer's attention.

It seems clear that the world presented in this anime is modeled after the the countless conflicts between occident and orient that have occured during the middle ages. The city that was featured in this episode had the typically circular structure of a orientalic city, even with a building in the center of it that shows resemblances of a mosque.
The knowledge about technological and scientific advancements the Demon King possesses fit in since the Muslim Empire was much more adavanced at that point compared to the Christian Occident.
EudaimoniaFeb 1, 2013 11:53 AM
Feb 1, 2013 11:51 AM

Jun 2012
So the pacing of the story is definitely not what I expected and leaves much to be desired but it's not a deal breaker. After reading up on the source material up to what we've seen the story does randomly just push forward months between chapters. My point was if the events before this episode were fleshed out more this week would have felt more rewarding. It was nice to see what happened nonetheless.

So the country that's getting supported through the War is about to go to war with the Demons in the South to take back an island which Female Knight will be leading, Yuusha is keeping Gate City under control which seems to be a demon city under human control and Maou is about to meet up with Merchant again I think. So many things to keep track of.

Dawww the end of the episode this week.... So now we know where Maou keeps her dakimakura X D, I will never get tired of her talking to that thing. She even has mini versioni of him now. When Yuusha suddenly returned, I was just as surprised as Maou after what he said last episode. It was pretty funny hearing them talk about love rivals with each other where Yuusha sounded like a pimp with all of the names he listed off. Then when told him about Merchant he got really sad and pulled a Head Maid making fun of her huge tits I was laughing the entire time. They both knew they weren't really unfaithful but it was great seeing the scene play out nonetheless. Kinda meh that he "didn't do the rest" once he got back as he promised but there are bigger things they all need to tend to
Feb 1, 2013 12:01 PM

Feb 2013
Another great episode! the focus on the war, a taste that the hero has magic, the scene that led up to the dance was great through and through so close to that kiss but hey that's anime for ya lol. Only con I think the female knight found out about the demon king to soon.
Feb 1, 2013 12:12 PM

Feb 2008
they skipped a lot of fun stuff but i guess its ok. next week is the war.
Feb 1, 2013 12:54 PM

Feb 2012
That teleporting ability. i want...

I guess the Hero might be a hero after all and a little disappointed they never kissed.
Feb 1, 2013 12:59 PM

Jan 2013
MidnightPride said:

I guess the Hero might be a hero after all and a little disappointed they never kissed.

Pretty much this. Its been a whole year, he could have at least done that, ah well.
Feb 1, 2013 1:07 PM

Feb 2012
RedArmyShogun said:
MidnightPride said:

Pretty much this. Its been a whole year, he could have at least done that, ah well.

Well as the series has said he is... A stupid virgin.
Feb 1, 2013 1:11 PM

Sep 2012
Dotei yuusha... sigh, disappointing even if it is the original material. Nice that they danced at least. The hug pillow is still very funny.

The armor does look cool. Need to see yuusha more in action.

First episode was great but been downhill since then for me sadly.
Feb 1, 2013 1:13 PM

Oct 2012
Anyone else find it funny that she sleeps with a body pillow of the hero and since when could he teleport?
Feb 1, 2013 1:16 PM

Sep 2012
rul said:
Anyone else find it funny that she sleeps with a body pillow of the hero and since when could he teleport?

He got it so he could go out and visit and fight what, couple of episodes ago.

Last episode head maid caught him coming back and complained about his excuse about not seeing Maou when he could teleport back at any time. Again, makes it all the more sad that he isn't with her. Well nigh unbelievable if you ask me since Maou is just my type, Lisara Restall female red headed demon kings, something about 'em...
Feb 1, 2013 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
looks like things will get complicated wonder when they will meet the rest of the heroes crew
Feb 1, 2013 2:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Cute chapter, but I feel that a lot of important storyline is skimmed over in order to fit the source material into the number of episodes they have.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 1, 2013 2:38 PM

Dec 2009
I wish the characters had more interraction and chemistry.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 1, 2013 2:42 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode though they skipped some parts though but the dance scene was nice
Feb 1, 2013 2:53 PM

Oct 2011
So for the Hero, only the GIRLS are working hard huh!!
Also, flabby maou, lol!!
Really, when the hero can just teleport anywhere, maou can only sleep with a hero pillow!!
Signature
Feb 1, 2013 2:54 PM
Mar 2009
Guess we won't see the escapades of Hero during his year in the Demon World. Aww.

So Previous Winter King dies by sinking ship instead of going down like a badass against Southern Winter General? Bleh.

Dat Hero Dakimakura. Lawl.

Hahaha, that exchange between Hero and Maou was hilarious. She should have asked him for the continuation of the kiss.

The war next episode and then the after party? Holy shit, this anime is moving fast.
Feb 1, 2013 3:20 PM

Feb 2011
It was good , but still the series are confussing me as fawk . Idk if the problem is that I'm watching it in eng sub , but I usually get every idea from an anime . This one is giving me troubles . It was cute when they started dancing , let's see how Yuusha's journey will develop now .
Feb 1, 2013 3:25 PM

Mar 2012
UnbornMVs said:
It was good , but still the series are confussing me as fawk . Idk if the problem is that I'm watching it in eng sub , but I usually get every idea from an anime . This one is giving me troubles . It was cute when they started dancing , let's see how Yuusha's journey will develop now .

I don't think it's that hard to figure out.

Humans are at war with the demons, however, the human nations are rather divided in their own right so they are struggling somewhat to win the war. Did you notice how the prince of the Northern continent argued with the leader of the Southern continent? They are working together to win the war but both leaders feel the other side is either corrupt in one way or another or is working toward their own personal goal. However, there are still areas that they are winning in terms of the war, like that Gate Yuusha mentioned in the series. Yuusha is trying to take over that Gate because the humans are oppressing the demons, but he's not trying to win it for the humans or the demons because he knows the victor will only oppress the losing side.

If you're confused more so along Maou's storyline, she's more or less trying to end the war with no winning or losing side. She just wants to prevent any more loss of life and she knows one way of doing that is establishing a better farming system for growing crops and eliminating starvation.

I can't really blame you for being confused though. It does seem like this series is doing a very roundabout way of telling that part of the story.
Feb 1, 2013 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
Damn this one was so much better then the last one, really enjoyed seeing Hero on his quest in that city, and saving that girl.

Can't wait for next week, looks like he'll reunite with that old dude from his party, seems like it'll be another good episode.
Feb 1, 2013 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
MidnightPride said:
RedArmyShogun said:
MidnightPride said:

Well as the series has said he is... A stupid virgin.

Saddly to the far most ends possible, least Maou is loyal to an idiot like him. Ah well.
Feb 1, 2013 3:43 PM
Aug 2012
Damm, all the romance is making me faint.........
Feb 1, 2013 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
Can someone see if I'm right? The war that's gonna happen in the next episode is about taking that island that demons control? And the trading that Maou made in the last episode has something related to it or was just something else to make the way to the end of the war? except for the compass.
Feb 1, 2013 4:35 PM

Jul 2012
Wtf was that cop-out on the kiss scene, I mean really? :P

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Feb 1, 2013 4:45 PM

Dec 2009
I really enjoyed this episode. Everything seemed to fall into place so nicely. No complaints here.
Feb 1, 2013 4:46 PM

Nov 2007
Demons vs. Royal humans...

Adding another person, female knight, to list to know who Maou really is. It's good that they are now friends.

Yuusha finally showed in front of Maou. Dancing along with New Year celebration music. He left immediately after to continue with his mission, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 1, 2013 5:43 PM
Jun 2008
They cut too much dialogue and some of the scene, but I felt this episode is okay.As long as the episode done some proper animation, I think I am good with that xD

felipekorbes said:
And the trading that Maou made in the last episode has something related to it or was just something else to make the way to the end of the war? except for the compass.

hope you understand by seeing at this picture

felipekorbes said:

he war that's gonna happen in the next episode is about taking that island that demons control?
yes xD
Feb 1, 2013 5:56 PM

Aug 2011
JUST HAVE SEX ALREADY JEEZ. Or kiss. That's fine too.
Feb 1, 2013 6:26 PM

Oct 2012
MorningGlory said:
felipekorbes said:
And the trading that Maou made in the last episode has something related to it or was just something else to make the way to the end of the war? except for the compass.

hope you understand by seeing at this picture

felipekorbes said:

he war that's gonna happen in the next episode is about taking that island that demons control?
yes xD

Thanks for the help, things are clearer now. That's what happens when you get too much airing series and are not used to it.

itsvero said:
JUST HAVE SEX ALREADY JEEZ. Or kiss. That's fine too.

That's what I feel about it too.
Feb 1, 2013 6:31 PM

Jan 2013
I really wished the Hero could've been a bit more outgoing. He had a chance to get so much done but he didn't get anything after 1 whole year. I hope they meet together next episode in the war though. I'm a bit saddened by how this is only 12 episodes and 5 episodes are done already, this is easily my favorite Anime of this season! I really want the two to get kinky LOL
Feb 1, 2013 6:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Marow said:
I wish the characters had more interraction and chemistry.

Totally agree with you. I think Yuusha and Maou are cute together, but to me the romance kinda felt like it came out of nowhere since the first episode. But maybe it's supposed to happen this way...

It was sad to see that demon(?) yelling all those things about humans....and then seeing his injuries as well. I liked what Yuusha said about winning and being right. No wonder he is the hero :) even if he said that he himself isn't smart, he is thoughtful and has empathy.
Feb 1, 2013 6:42 PM
Jun 2008
Kazmo said:
I'm a bit saddened by how this is only 12 episodes and 5 episodes are done already, this is easily my favorite Anime of this season! I really want the two to get kinky LOL

There are only 5 volume from the LN and I believe 12episode will only cover 1 volume(400pages++ ) xD
I won't be surprise that 24episode can cover 1volume if the Anime stay 100% faithful to LN .Which is impossible and the anime will be just full of talk lol
Feb 1, 2013 6:55 PM

Jul 2007
Another great episode.

Its moving a bit too fast for my taste, but I find the whole "time goes by" approach refreshing from usually quite detailed timelines of present day anime shows.

Hero got more character development too which is great.

4/5
Feb 1, 2013 7:18 PM
Jun 2008
dark knight hero see gate city is bit messed-up with how treat demon as slaves & servants wonder how to save the area?

oh whole 200 ships sents to battle end-up being release the kraken with many lost involve during nations leaders have argue about it.

red queen confess to yellow knight about everything from being demon queen to working with hero yet yellow knight allow them continue all fine on it cue hero confess as well.

so new year party with red queen with hero's pillow wonder oh here the hero give litte argue, hero's harem, & etc dance the night & all that hero got a plan to save gate city.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 1, 2013 8:11 PM

Sep 2012
The CG hurts my eyes.

Still waiting for Yuusha to use his Geass
Feb 1, 2013 8:11 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Yuusha just appeared out of nowhere... and that attempted kiss... such a tease!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2013 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
When did he learn teleportation? I thought that was her skill.
[center]
Feb 1, 2013 8:26 PM

Oct 2012
I'm really starting to think this might be my favorite show of the winter season. Apparently he's meeting the "old pervert" next episode should be interesting because the "old pervert" is with the winter king.
Feb 1, 2013 9:21 PM
Nov 2012
VioLink said:

Maou doesn't have that skill iirc, he's the one with the super powers.
Feb 1, 2013 9:28 PM

Jan 2013
Awwww they were so close to kissing
LunaFeb 2, 2013 7:13 AM
Feb 1, 2013 9:52 PM

Dec 2011
VioLink said:

Naw, it's Yuusha's. He's not the hero for sword skills alone...he's got a bunch of uber magicks like that which help him own!

Mod Edit: Removed advertising.
LunaFeb 2, 2013 7:13 AM
Stilts
Writer
http://randomc.net/
Feb 1, 2013 10:08 PM
Jun 2008
Mortorrounds said:
I'm really starting to think this might be my favorite show of the winter season. Apparently he's meeting the "old pervert" next episode should be interesting because the "old pervert" is with the winter king.
The word old pervert makes me felt like he is the only guy with an occupation named "old pervert" ;3
Feb 1, 2013 10:24 PM
May 2009
dakimakura ATTAAAAAAAAACK
Feb 1, 2013 11:04 PM
Dec 2012
I was hoping that the plot would pick up this week instead of next (the "Real" war might start) week. My expectations of this series is slowly dropping, I would like to see more character development and progression.
Feb 1, 2013 11:09 PM

Jul 2011
I will listen to the pretty music while continuing to watch these cookie-cutter-characters (whom I despise) run around pretending their plot is intelligent.
Oh and the art is nice.
Feb 1, 2013 11:16 PM

Mar 2012
One thing that's starting to bug me is how almost everyone other than the protagonist party is both evil and stupid. But in the meanwhile, Maou and Yuusha at least make a cute couple.
Feb 2, 2013 12:12 AM

Nov 2011
This ep was nothing short of fantastic, we finally get some exposure to the state of the world and some great relationship development between the maou and yuusha and i would like the WHOLEHEARTEDLY THANK the character designer for not making the demons some long horned gigantic ugly beasts with wings, you dont know how relieved i am.
Zee530Feb 2, 2013 12:15 AM

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

293 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.