Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 12, 2013 5:56 AM

Feb 2008
Mmm, delicious butts.

Definitely a better episode than I thought it would be. Figured it would be something to drop after 2-3 episodes, but this was enjoyable and high-quality enough that I'll be sure to watch it all.
Jan 12, 2013 6:13 AM

Feb 2012
Ill give it 1 more ep. 2/5.
Jan 12, 2013 7:17 AM

Jan 2011
The pilot of the plane suddenly disappeared before her transformation o.O

Jan 12, 2013 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
ohhh...... This Episode....

Didnt think I would like this Anime, But Guess what I ended up liking it xD
All and all, Cant wait for more.
Jan 12, 2013 8:31 AM

Apr 2009
Good first episode, fond memories of Strike Witches and Sky Girls going on here. Looks like Doggy bit the dust already, too bad, I thought it was pretty cool. Interested in how the girls will fight with the vividred system.

Also loving the idea of the sky power technology. The only unrealistic thing I saw in this is that gramps isn't living large after inventing something that changed the world (being poor and all). Though it seems he was likely isolated for being "insane" after claiming there were aliens.
KamakiriiJan 12, 2013 8:37 AM
Jan 12, 2013 9:29 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Persocom said:
The only unrealistic thing I saw in this is that gramps isn't living large after inventing something that changed the world (being poor and all). Though it seems he was likely isolated for being "insane" after claiming there were aliens.
Not unrealistic at all. Many people who invented "world altering" technologies died poor and unknown. In fact, the person responsible for us using A/C electrical current, Nikola Tesla, is in a lot of ways similar to the girls' grandfather:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla
Jan 12, 2013 9:36 AM
Jun 2008
I am here for the squirrel moe .
Jan 12, 2013 9:51 AM

Apr 2011
Very nice episode. An intriguing plot, an okay (hot) MC and mecha. What can go wrong with that? A 5/5 for the episode.
Jan 12, 2013 9:58 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty good first episode, I like how intense it is already. I also like the technology and the art.
5/5.

Jan 12, 2013 10:34 AM

Feb 2008
This is like Evangelion. An enemy that cannot be defeated by the military (Angels/Alone); if they reach a certain place in a facility or destroy it, the world will come to an end; only high school aged kids can even hope to defeat it. Except instead of lots of angst, this show has lots of ass.

Jan 12, 2013 10:34 AM

Oct 2012
That was......
Actually pretty cool.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 12, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
The final series to be aired on my to watch list of the season. All I can say is: It's awesome to be alive in 2013! banzai! banzai! BANZAI! :D
Jan 12, 2013 1:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hasn't this been done hundred times before just with less curvy ass?

Dropped.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 12, 2013 1:36 PM
Apr 2011
This could be good like Nanoha or bad like Strike Witches depending on the execution. As for the fanservice and ass, I love those as long as they aren't the only good thing about a series.

I wonder how powerful the characters will be in this anime.
Jan 12, 2013 3:19 PM

Dec 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Exaccus said:
Those of you in this thread who are drooling over a 14 year old's ass are what give the anime/manga fandom a bad name.

I can understand your feels brother. But when I look at this...

...my morals disappears like mist before the sun.

Its a government conspiracy.
They look about 9 though, creepy.
Jan 12, 2013 3:20 PM

Jan 2008
All dat mayonnaise. Hijikata (Gintama) and Akane would totally get along.

amare135 said:
They look about 9 though, creepy.

Loli lovers.
Jan 12, 2013 3:22 PM

Oct 2011
Daipyon said:

Unimportant characters die. That and without any screen time featuring their death.
Jan 12, 2013 4:33 PM

Aug 2011
From the amount of panty shots here, I expected nothing less from the director of Strike Witches. Akane poured so much mayonnaise on her meal. I like the taste of mayo but I admit that I felt a little nauseous when she ate it.
Jan 12, 2013 5:17 PM

May 2012
This show seems very interesting. It makes me think of Strike Witches even though I only watched two episodes. But don't worry I will watch the whole series soon!

"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?" - Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jan 12, 2013 5:18 PM

May 2012
Dako said:
From the amount of panty shots here, I expected nothing less from the director of Strike Witches. Akane poured so much mayonnaise on her meal. I like the taste of mayo but I admit that I felt a little nauseous when she ate it.

Yeah that made me a little sick too XP

"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?" - Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jan 12, 2013 5:35 PM

Feb 2012
That was stupid as hell but as long as it's entertaining, who cares.
Jan 12, 2013 7:49 PM

Jun 2008
Exaccus said:
Those of you in this thread who are drooling over a 14 year old's ass are what give the anime/manga fandom a bad name.

Hurr durr.....no one told you that a fucking cartoon is not the same as real life?

With this exact logic I can say....."Those of you in this thread that LOVE killing people in video games are what gives gamers a bad name"!

See how stupid your comment is???

Oh and the rest of you that have to justify yourselves from feeling guilty at watching FICTIONAL sexual characters....DON'T!

moralfags like the comment I quoted are only here to do damage control and make everyone feel bad about something he doesn't like.

BTW.....

^Now that is one GLORIOUS, absolutely delicious 14 year old FICTIONAL Ass!!!
--ALEX--Jan 12, 2013 8:22 PM
Jan 12, 2013 8:20 PM

Jan 2011
This first episode was actually really good! Really impressed with the animation and how fluid everything is. The ecchi parts are pretty laughable though. Girls wearing those really short shorts, seriously? LOL. Loved Akane's transformation sequence and how she overcame her fear for heights.
Looking forward to more of Vividred Operation. :)
Jan 12, 2013 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:
Exaccus said:

Hurr durr.....no one told you that a fucking cartoon is not the same as real life?

With this exact logic I can say....."Those of you in this thread that LOVE killing people in video games are what gives gamers a bad name"!

See how stupid your comment is???

Oh and the rest of you that have to justify yourselves from feeling guilty at watching FICTIONAL sexual characters....DON'T!

moralfags like the comment I quoted are only here to do damage control and make everyone feel bad about something he doesn't like.

BTW.....

^Now that is one GLORIOUS, absolutely delicious 14 year old FICTIONAL Ass!!!

Attacking assertions I never made.

Well done, kiddo.

Your ability to miss the point and strawman your opponent's position is second to none.

Please, do continue to make a fool of yourself.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 12, 2013 9:24 PM

Jun 2008
Exaccus said:

Says the guy that goes into an anime discussion forum to bash away at fans for liking a highly sexualized 14 year old fictional character because she's highly sexualized and then saying that those type of people are the ones giving anime a "bad name".

Yeah, hilarious...
Jan 12, 2013 10:04 PM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:
Exaccus said:

Says the guy that goes into an anime discussion forum to bash away at fans for liking a highly sexualized 14 year old fictional character because she's highly sexualized and then saying that those type of people are the ones giving anime a "bad name".

Yeah, hilarious...

Gee, have you ever considered that sexualizing of minors is something that is actually giving the anime/manga fandom a bad reputation?

No of course not.

You and so many others are feeding a negative stereotype and harming the larger community in the process. Which causes myself and others who don't want to be associated with depraved fetishes to get pretty damn irritated.

What you and others don't realize is that your expressions of unsavory fetishes do not occur in a vacuum, they affect others.

So as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing "hilarious" about this.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 12, 2013 10:08 PM

Oct 2012
Exaccus said:
JustALEX said:
Exaccus said:

Yeah, hilarious...

Gee, have you ever considered that sexualizing of minors is something that is actually giving the anime/manga fandom a bad reputation?

No of course not.

You and so many others are feeding a negative stereotype and harming the larger community in the process. Which causes myself and others who don't want to be associated with depraved fetishes to get pretty damn irritated.

What you and others don't realize is that your expressions of unsavory fetishes do not occur in a vacuum, they affect others.

You gave Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan a 7.
I cannot take you seriously anymore, LOL

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 12, 2013 10:27 PM

Jun 2008
Exaccus said:

No of course not.

IT'S FICTION!.....and not only that, it's ANIMATED FICTION!

It's NOT real life, and NO, there is NOTHING wrong with sexualizing "minors" since it's a fucking cartoon, and real little kids don't look anything like that, if you're uncomfortable with it, then simply don't watch.

If others want to deem anime/manga bad for sexualizing minors, then that's no different than people who deem video games bad for making games in which the players love to kill people (FICTIONAL PEOPLE!!!)

I knew exactly what you were getting at....

But what you don't seem to understand is that anime has a million genres....but you're here complaining about ONE genre and how this genre is giving the entire "fandom" a bad name.

Funny thing is that video games suffer from the same symptoms....it has a million genres but everyone focuses only on ONE genre (violence) and this is supposedly giving gamers a bad name.....because the implication is that video games are romanticizing brutal violence.

"unsavory fetishes".......please explain what that means?

Do you think if I like a 14 year old animated FICTIONAL character this will lead me to liking a REAL 14 year old girl that looks nothing like an animated picture?

BTW....in your profile you have Nanoha as your avatar....why didn't you put adult Nanoha??.....why did you put loli Nanoha there?

You do realize loli Nanoha is another one of these "sexualized minors" you're talking about, right?
Jan 12, 2013 10:28 PM

Sep 2009
Awesome! @_____@ Sci-fi magical girls! <3 Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 12, 2013 10:39 PM

May 2010
Not bad for starters
Jan 12, 2013 11:45 PM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:

It's NOT real life, and NO, there is NOTHING wrong with sexualizing "minors" since it's a fucking cartoon, and real little kids don't look anything like that, if you're uncomfortable with it, then simply don't watch.

If others want to deem anime/manga bad for sexualizing minors, then that's no different than people who deem video games bad for making games in which the players love to kill people (FICTIONAL PEOPLE!!!)

No. Evidently, you still do not know what I am getting at as you continue to argue as if I my point was in regards to the show itself. For sure, I don't like the fanservice. But my later complaint (the one you actually responded to) was my disapproval of people drooling over Akane's ass. So please stop distracting from what is actually the issue at hand with repeated strawmen and red herring fallacies.

But what you don't seem to understand is that anime has a million genres....but you're here complaining about ONE genre and how this genre is giving the entire "fandom" a bad name.

Funny thing is that video games suffer from the same symptoms....it has a million genres but everyone focuses only on ONE genre (violence) and this is supposedly giving gamers a bad name.....because the implication is that video games are romanticizing brutal violence.

I am not talking about genres here. I am talking about people and their words and behaviors feeding negative stereotypes.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unsavory?s=t

Do you think if I like a 14 year old animated FICTIONAL character this will lead me to liking a REAL 14 year old girl that looks nothing like an animated picture?

I don't know. And the question is irrelevant to what I was getting at.

BTW....in your profile you have Nanoha as your avatar....why didn't you put adult Nanoha??.....why did you put loli Nanoha there?

You do realize loli Nanoha is another one of these "sexualized minors" you're talking about, right?

Firstly, I've been changing my profile picture throughout the day since I'm trying to find one from my collection of images that will fit within MAL's limitations and looks good. I tried one of Saga, then Reinforce, then Nanoha, and now Fukki.

Second, don't project your own desires onto me. I like Nanoha as a character, not as a sexual object.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 13, 2013 1:36 AM

Sep 2012
We're talking about Nanoha here ? The character hyper sexualised in her transformation sequence ? the first movie is a good example.
Exaccus, please. Stop being stupid and go troll another topic. Sasami-san got a 16 years old girl being washed by her brother, why don't you go here ?

And I mean, like me, Negima is one of your favorite manga. NEGIMA. The manga where nude 14 years old are everywhere. Can't you consider people are also watching Vividred for its plot ? This first episode is more interesting that the two first volumes of Negima :o
Jan 13, 2013 2:59 AM

Jan 2009
JustALEX said:
Exaccus said:

No of course not.

Bro who cares? Lolicons gonna lolicon, im not a big fan of loli's unless they are tsundere loli's and not pure moe blob ones. But Anyways are must be valiantly come to the defense of Lolicons put the keyboard down young warrior there is no fight to be fought.

Just do whatever the hell you wanna do.
Jan 13, 2013 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
People actually went into this not expecting sexualized underaged girls? Whatever happened to actually looking up what a show is about before watching it?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jan 13, 2013 6:33 AM
Oct 2012
i really like this series but they should made it less fanservice :/
Jan 13, 2013 6:53 AM

Sep 2012
yoholala said:
i really like this series but they should made it less fanservice :/
Fanservice is one of the pillars of this show man.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 13, 2013 6:55 AM

Sep 2012
CrimsonLight said:
Daipyon said:
Unimportant characters die. That and without any screen time featuring their death.
Actually only the rear part of the plane fell off the building, so it is entirely possible that the pilots just fell out of consciousness in the cockpit and got rescued later once that Alone thing is dealt with.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 13, 2013 7:25 AM
Aug 2011
rederoin said:
People actually went into this not expecting sexualized underaged girls? Whatever happened to actually looking up what a show is about before watching it?

I, Myself, saw a lot of the promotional pictures and could already tell it would have loliservice, but some people probably didn't know.

Although, we shouldn't forget the high amount of people who watch a harem or ecchi anime on purpose and then expect it to be something else and ends up bitching about it. The same thing could apply here.
Jan 13, 2013 7:37 AM

Mar 2012
rederoin said:
It's like expecting K-On to be like Beck and criticising it for being moe. Actually, a lot of people seem to do that.
Jan 13, 2013 7:43 AM

Mar 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
rederoin said:

I, Myself, saw a lot of the promotional pictures and could already tell it would have loliservice, but some people probably didn't know.

Although, we shouldn't forget the high amount of people who watch a harem or ecchi anime on purpose and then expect it to be something else and ends up bitching about it. The same thing could apply here.
In other news, Hidamari Sketch is too wide and Boku no Pico has too much shota.
Jan 13, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2011
rederoin said:

That would be, like, totally uncool and would seriously give you a clue on what the show is about.
Jan 13, 2013 7:52 AM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
That would be, like, totally uncool and would seriously give you a clue on what the show is about.
Finding a clue on what the show is about so that you can enjoy the show better is uncool? Geez.

Jan 13, 2013 8:00 AM
Aug 2011
symbv said:
yhunata said:
Finding a clue on what the show is about so that you can enjoy the show better is uncool? Geez.

*sigh* Please stop with the sarcasm.

I actually saw many individuals say they don't like reading the synopsis or even knowing the genres, because its spoilers and they want to be surprised when watching it.
Jan 13, 2013 8:10 AM

Nov 2011
Please. I'm watching Toaru Kagaku no Railgun now and it has more fanservice than this (or at least the first few episodes had tons of it), and those girls are also 14-15. And I don't hear anybody complaining about that show. On the contrary - all I hear is massive amounts of praise.
Jan 13, 2013 8:58 AM

Jun 2011
Animation quality is superb for this show. The show seems to have potential with how it is so far such as the introduction of the Incarnate Engine and Alone aiming for it.

Hope it doesn't disappoint considering its only 12 episode long.
Jan 13, 2013 9:22 AM

Sep 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
I actually saw many individuals say they don't like reading the synopsis or even knowing the genres, because its spoilers and they want to be surprised when watching it.
Of course one is free to approach a series any way he wants, but just because he does not like getting information about the show beforehand does not mean it is "uncool" to check those information. My question remains: Why is it so cool to approach a show with zero information about what the show is about ??

Jan 13, 2013 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
I liked this first episode, I'm looking forward to this series.
Jan 13, 2013 9:52 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
(shrug) I knew something about the show going in (I usually, but not always, try to get an idea before making the effort to watch something) - as soon as I saw the ties to Strike Witches in the descriptions I assumed there would be things about it that would detract for me, but the story seemed interesting enough for me to want to check it out anyway. I, as most people are, am capable of liking a show while disliking certain elements. That's why we rate stuff on a 1 to 5 or 1 to 10 scale, not a binary scale. And the point (to me, at least, but we're all different) of these episode forums is to talk (ideally without insults) about what we liked and didn't like - otherwise, why bother?
Jan 13, 2013 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
Arlia said:
We're talking about Nanoha here ? The character hyper sexualised in her transformation sequence ? the first movie is a good example.
Exaccus, please. Stop being stupid and go troll another topic. Sasami-san got a 16 years old girl being washed by her brother, why don't you go here ?

And I mean, like me, Negima is one of your favorite manga. NEGIMA. The manga where nude 14 years old are everywhere. Can't you consider people are also watching Vividred for its plot ? This first episode is more interesting that the two first volumes of Negima :o

You completely misrepresented my point as shown here when you attack a position I'm not defending and spew red herrings to boot.

My point was not about how much fanservice I can tolerate existing in a series.

My point was not about whether it is morally ok or not to fantasize over minors in anime/manga.

These are distinct and different issues for another discussion.

My point was: It's about certain people actively embracing a mindset that gives the entire anime/manga community a bad name amongst outsiders. That's it. This isn't rocket science and it's not even debatable since there are in fact many people who are turned off by anime/manga fans who glorify sexualization of minors. I happen to love the anime/manga medium for entertainment. So yes, I do get pissed when other fans are feeding a negative stereotype because it affects my life and social interactions.

Cratex said:
(shrug) I knew something about the show going in (I usually, but not always, try to get an idea before making the effort to watch something) - as soon as I saw the ties to Strike Witches in the descriptions I assumed there would be things about it that would detract for me, but the story seemed interesting enough for me to want to check it out anyway. I, as most people are, am capable of liking a show while disliking certain elements. That's why we rate stuff on a 1 to 5 or 1 to 10 scale, not a binary scale. And the point (to me, at least, but we're all different) of these episode forums is to talk (ideally without insults) about what we liked and didn't like - otherwise, why bother?

I pretty much concur and this is more or less what I assumed when I decided to try out the first episode. I can tolerate fanservice to a degree (I still don't like it at all though) as long as other elements of a series compensate (plot, characters, action, worldbuilding, art, etc).

I'll emphasize it again for people who are intentionally being dense: I'm not arguing about the show itself, genres, videogames, or whether it's morally ok or not to drool over minors in anime/manga. Those are different questions.

My initial claim concerns people, the fans themselves who are giving our community a bad public image.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 13, 2013 12:36 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
kinda similar and bright as Rinne No Lagrange.. but Vividred seems to be more promising
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

79 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 29, 2022 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.