Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2012 10:22 PM
Sep 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
Sakurasou officially becomes my top fav romance anime this season beside Tonari xD, other show like sukitte is just shallow.

Finally Someone who said it right :D Sukitte do not deserve a higher rating than Sakurasou. Period.
Oct 22, 2012 10:22 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, this was like, the last show in my watching for the season I expected to have such feels, glad I gambled and went for one more show this season.
Oct 22, 2012 10:24 PM

Aug 2012
A great episode as always.
And I am thankful that it was Sorata who got punched and not Jin.
Don't get me wrong cause Jin totally deserved a punch or two for being such an ass but if Jin had taken that punch then they would have had to clear the misunderstanding and that would have made it look like Sorata had made a fool of himself and maybe he would have realized his feelings for Shino and I personally don't think the anime is ready to take their relationship to the next level.
Oct 22, 2012 10:27 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Yumekichi11 said:
SilentTruth said:
Sorata's spitting Milk was EPIC WIN!!
It's a ecchi gimmick known as bukkake. Quite easy to spot.

But... it's spitting milk. D: It was supposed to be funny... not dirty. D:
Yes but funny not quite. The level should have been higher like if he had cereals in his mouth that were colored. Now we have something more when he spits it out. This was a little too plain but still comedy wise the elements were there, it's just that well, it goes back to being a little too plain there. That's all.

Well, whatever I guess. I think you may be reading too much into it, but everyone's got their opinions. He was drinking milk so I doubt that he'd have cereal in his mouth. I just don't like to think dirty when it's not supposed to be. (Well, I don't like to think dirty at all, but yaoi)
Oct 22, 2012 10:32 PM

May 2012
Poor Misaki...my heart hurts... I am totally rooting now for Jin and Misaki...
Oct 22, 2012 10:44 PM

Jun 2010
Only 3 episodes. It's already hitting home. ;_; Well, kinda.

Oct 22, 2012 10:44 PM

May 2012
Shiina is so damn cute.
Oct 22, 2012 10:53 PM

Jul 2009
man fuck, this show tends to reopen old wounds.
i come back from school to escape a bit from reality and bam here's this anime that comes and slaps me in the face...
UGH. FOREVER LIKE THE MC.
KurogashiOct 22, 2012 10:58 PM
Oct 22, 2012 10:54 PM

Feb 2012
Loved it.

This and Chuunibyou are the two anime this season that makes me wish I had a time machine.

The wait for the next eps suck :(
Oct 22, 2012 11:31 PM

Apr 2012
It wouldnt surprice me if we get to see this series surpass 8.0 average rating within the next 24 hours.
Im a trance artist, check out my music video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQlR5qF3rnk

What makes an anime good is based on how many strings in my heart it can touch and emotions deploy.
Oct 22, 2012 11:39 PM

May 2012
The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall and My Little Monster are definitely my faves for the season. They are both very deep anime.

This show definitely has the feels going on. It has the right mix of comedy and drama. This is right up my alley for my favorite genre when it comes to anime; slice of life, romantic comedy, drama, etc. It seriously has me looking forward to Mondays every week. It also doesn't help that both this show and My Little Monster both air on Mondays.

Now we have to wait a whole week for the next episode. :(
Oct 22, 2012 11:42 PM

Nov 2011
Loved Jin in this ep

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 22, 2012 11:46 PM

Nov 2011
BassExtractor said:
It wouldnt surprice me if we get to see this series surpass 8.0 average rating within the next 24 hours.

Actually, i'm surprised it hasnt, well i feel its better than kaibutsu atleast

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 22, 2012 11:53 PM

Jun 2012
I really enjoyed this episode with Sorata being confronted with what he really wants. Does he want to take care of Shiina and stay at Sakurasou or leave? Hmmmm : P

The show doesn't jump around the romances and instead dives head first into it which I like. Who didn't feel bad for Misaki when Jin was trying to get Shiina into the love hotel?
Oct 22, 2012 11:56 PM

Nov 2009
Zee530 said:
BassExtractor said:

cause the first several episode were quite generic, although it's not bad but it wasn't given any significant impression either.

Things gonna change after people finish this episode though.
Oct 22, 2012 11:57 PM

Apr 2012
Nice episode.
Sh*ts starting to get serious and all with sorata leaving (maybe)
Damn have to wait another week to know what happens next.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Oct 23, 2012 12:00 AM
Sep 2012
Much more emotional and drama-filled than the last episode, but it turned out well.
Rofl at the anti-climactic punch by Sorata and "If i do, i want to f*ck her silly".
Oct 23, 2012 12:01 AM

Apr 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Zee530 said:
BassExtractor said:

cause the first several episode were quite generic, although it's not bad but it wasn't given any significant impression either.

Things gonna change after people finish this episode though.

Ye thats what i think as well. We are already experiencing some kind of character development just 3 episodes in.
Im a trance artist, check out my music video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQlR5qF3rnk

What makes an anime good is based on how many strings in my heart it can touch and emotions deploy.
Oct 23, 2012 12:32 AM

Dec 2008
fck... many 'oh fck' moment for me in this episode...
fck this drama.. fck this NTR-ish, but i love this many fcking moment...
this anime captured my heart now...

and now, sorata, choose wisely..
leave sakurasou and got normal life then marry nanami or stay in sakurasou got weird life then marry mashiro... (so hard to choose for me..LOL)
hudangOct 23, 2012 12:38 AM

Oct 23, 2012 12:39 AM

Jan 2011
Lord, I was watching this and suddenly a huge bag of melodrama came to me, I suddenly realized the following standards: Happy start, fine development, melodrama, unexpected presentations, followed by (I presume) a happy ending. This is Okada Mari's core of works and I was laughing when I actually noticed it without looking for the staff positions.

If anything, I hope this doesn't take the Toradora! (thanks dchoy) route , which being fair, was what made something with huge potential into what I know of the show of overreactions. Now, I can't deny that I'm incredible curious as for what will happen next episode so I also hope they don't take away this bitter feeling I'm waiting for.
NiyawaOct 23, 2012 1:04 AM
Oct 23, 2012 12:49 AM

Sep 2008
I think I hate Shiina.
Oct 23, 2012 12:52 AM

May 2012
Niyawa said:
Lord, I was watching this and suddenly a huge bag of melodrama came to me, I suddenly realized the following standards: Happy start, fine development, melodrama, unexpected presentations, followed by (I presume) a happy ending. This is Okada Mari's core of works and I was laughing when I actually noticed it without looking for the staff positions.

If anything, I hope this doesn't take the Todaroda route, which being fair, was what made something with huge potential into what I know of the show of overreactions. Now, I can't deny that I'm incredible curious as for what will happen next episode so I also hope they don't take away this bitter feeling I'm waiting for.

Toradora?
Oct 23, 2012 1:16 AM
Sep 2012
just a curious question, does anyone know how close is the anime following the LN story?
Oct 23, 2012 1:24 AM

Nov 2009
dchoy said:
Niyawa said:

If anything, I hope this doesn't take the Todaroda route, which being fair, was what made something with huge potential into what I know of the show of overreactions. Now, I can't deny that I'm incredible curious as for what will happen next episode so I also hope they don't take away this bitter feeling I'm waiting for.

Toradora?

She was just a series composition, the light novel belongs to Kamoshida Hajime. Both Toradora and Sakurasou were adapted from the light novel. But she's good at breaking things up(from the novel) and put them together as well as expanding them. Also the director from Madhouse studio played a big role here.
Takana_no_HanaOct 23, 2012 1:31 AM
Oct 23, 2012 1:30 AM
Dec 2011
This show looks great so far! Easily one of my top 5 of the currently airing.

Also Shiina is one of the best looking anime girls I've ever seen!
Oct 23, 2012 1:45 AM

Jan 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
She was just a series composition, the light novel belongs to Kamoshida Hajime. Both Toradora and Sakurasou were adapted from the light novel. But she's good at breaking things up(from the novel) and put them together as well as expanding them. Also the director from Madhouse studio played a big role here.

Yes, but someone in charge with the composition can make such arrangements. My main issue wouldn't be the story or their development, otherwise I wouldn't like them either. But it's fairly obvious how she can make this same good storyline (AnoHana, Gosick) into something pretty absurd and unbearable (BRS, DTB2 (just for the script)) because of her attempt at drama, which for some reason always come with unnecessary overreactions.

Some people say she's just trying too hard to be Maeda Jun, but I see this as her own point of view in the story, which sometimes overwrites what was supposed to be in the original content (I presume) with her own internal presentation. If anything I'm just scared this will affect this current show, because it definitively have potential to make a good series whereas both the bitter feeling I was talking about, and the happiness can co-exist without relying on the melodrama she usually offers.
Oct 23, 2012 2:04 AM
Oct 2012
I'm more concern about Aoyama. Will she have a good ending? At this point it's definetely SorataxShiina and MikataxJin
Oct 23, 2012 2:43 AM

Aug 2012
That "Ahh" part when Sorata got punched sounded so retarded xD
Oct 23, 2012 3:20 AM
Feb 2012
(T.T)

Sort of felt crushed when I truly found out that Misaki is in love with Jin. Still, not a bad couple, but the intro made an impression that she was a "candidate" for our protagonist Sorata.

I'll still be watching though, but I may feel a bit more grieving due to this finding...

T^T
Oct 23, 2012 3:25 AM

Oct 2009
Man, fuck. Shiina is the cutest thing I've ever seen. That scene during the ED when she covers him with blanket, oh my.

The two males in the show (minus the programmer) both have some damn issues with their inferiority complex.

All the girls in the show are lovely. This is such a good watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2012 3:29 AM
Sep 2012
Misaki dont give up! GAMBATTANE~!
Oct 23, 2012 4:04 AM

Jun 2009
I really am enjoying it so far. This is one of my most anticipated episode each week this season, together with Chuunibyou.
Oct 23, 2012 4:05 AM

Oct 2007
Niyawa said:
but I see this as her own point of view in the story, which sometimes overwrites what was supposed to be in the original content (I presume) with her own internal presentation. If anything I'm just scared this will affect this current show, because it definitively have potential to make a good series whereas both the bitter feeling I was talking about, and the happiness can co-exist without relying on the melodrama she usually offers.

Okada likes melodrama,a lot of her original work has some (though really bringing up DTB2 is reaching since she wasn't the main screenwriter and wrote only 3 or 4 episodes,she's hardly responsible for the whole thing).That doesn't mean that she magically adds some to all her adaptations.
Toradora and Sakurasou would have taken the same route regardless of who was handling the adaptation because it's the route the novels took,hell Okada didn't even write the script for this episode,the original novel writer did it himself.
totoumOct 23, 2012 4:10 AM
all for fun.fun for all
Oct 23, 2012 4:17 AM

Oct 2012
The show is getting better and better, best episode so far!
Oct 23, 2012 4:27 AM

Feb 2012
Hmmmm.... Perhaps the most shocking series this season. Never expected anything from this series really but it's really good on all aspects.

It has the Ano Natsu feeling in it. I like the atmosphere and vibes on this show.
Oct 23, 2012 4:36 AM

Mar 2011
Somehow I can relate to Sorata, time when you don't understand what you want and seeing many people do their best to achieve their dream :") really jealous
It must be hard for Shiina to ask that question at the end
And poor Misaki senpai
Oct 23, 2012 4:42 AM

Jun 2011
I really have fallen in love with this show it is in my top 3 for the season along with Psycho-Pass and Shinsekai Yori. It is one of them that i cant wait for every week and do rewatch the episode each week.

I hope baka-tsuki or someone translates the light novels for this i seriously want to read them also they will be ending in 2 more with a total of 10 novels (same amount as Toradora novels had).

Sorata's VA Matsuoka Yoshitsugu really is good he is fast becoming a favourite of mine and he really is getting to shine in this show. His reaction voice and the noises he can do are hysterical 2 examples of his noises from todays ep would be his "uhhh" when he went down from the punch and that gargle noise he made when he smacked his head on Shiina's chin.

Also the ending song is great as well i cant get enough of it and it is so fitting for this anime i want the full version already =/
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 23, 2012 4:56 AM

Dec 2009
This one is growing quickly on me. I guess Okada is on this because of the drama. I hope she actually nails it this time, though.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 23, 2012 5:08 AM

May 2009
Marow said:
This one is growing quickly on me. I guess Okada is on this because of the drama. I hope she actually nails it this time, though.

This episode was written by LN author, Okada didn't write it.
Oct 23, 2012 5:25 AM

Sep 2012
The relationship between Misaki and Jin is really laughable. Jin is the biggest asshole I've seen this year in a slice of life anime this year.And Misaki is one stupid cunt, every girl with a brain would have given up on such a guy.
Oct 23, 2012 6:18 AM
Jan 2011
I got a feeling that Kanda won't be leaving anytime soon.
Oct 23, 2012 7:38 AM
Jan 2012
The characters are awesome and funny. this show is really good can't wait for the next episode. I can't find any annoying characters everyone is funny and good.
Oct 23, 2012 7:51 AM
Apr 2010
Jin: "I can't [go back to the dorm]. If I see [Misaki's] sad face, I'd want to ***k her silly."
OMG I laughed so hard.

He's an S isn't he?! >:D

Awesome episode again! And more serious this time around. :D
Oct 23, 2012 8:12 AM

Mar 2010
Hilarious episode, some parts cracked me up completely.
Oct 23, 2012 9:41 AM

Sep 2012
forgive me if I am wrong.. but I do feel that this anime have the potential to be godlike tier..
Oct 23, 2012 10:27 AM

Jan 2011
totoum said:

Okada likes melodrama,a lot of her original work has some (though really bringing up DTB2 is reaching since she wasn't the main screenwriter and wrote only 3 or 4 episodes,she's hardly responsible for the whole thing).That doesn't mean that she magically adds some to all her adaptations.
Toradora and Sakurasou would have taken the same route regardless of who was handling the adaptation because it's the route the novels took,hell Okada didn't even write the script for this episode,the original novel writer did it himself.

That's good to know, she is hell lucky to get those type of shows, the outcome is always pretty predictable. Figures.
Oct 23, 2012 10:58 AM

Apr 2010
Sorata is starting to show feelings for Shiina and Aoyama noticed she immediately left afterwards and i wonder if Aoyama is going to try to convince her feelings for him.
Shiina heard something that puts her in doubts from the looks of it and judging by the cliffhanger.
And i wonder if she will do something as well.

Then there are Misaki and Jin how seem to be in a pretty complicated situation and it's a question if they ever solve it.
Misaki was pretty heart broken after what happened.
Oct 23, 2012 11:01 AM

Jul 2012
It's like Denpa Onna with a more adult approach.
Wouldn't say I like it as much as Denpa Onna but it has potential.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Oct 23, 2012 11:11 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode. I laughed a lot.
Oct 23, 2012 12:13 PM

Jan 2011
Ha, Sorata is such an idiot. Seriously.
I'm surprised that this will be expecting more, I guess it'll get even better.
I'm looking forward to more, the story is promising.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.