Forum Settings
Forums

Subtitles can distract you so much from the actual anime...

New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2012 7:38 AM
Aug 2012
This is one way to look at it, i'm currently re watching Death Note in dub to see how it goes.
Sep 4, 2012 7:39 AM

Sep 2010
I'm finnish and here we put Finnish subs on every movie and series shown on TV that is spoken in foreign language. Therefore I'm used to read subs at the same time I concentrate at the other effects of the show.
NiniusSep 4, 2012 7:47 AM
Sep 4, 2012 7:57 AM

Jan 2012
I'm not american so I'm used so subtitles since I was a kid I read them fast and I'm able to p attention to the visual too
Sep 4, 2012 7:59 AM

Sep 2011
another reason why i dont watch subs
Follow me on twitter @jaywhy620 if you like wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) also I talk about anime occasionally and Follow me on Vine @ Awesome Wrestling
Sep 4, 2012 8:06 AM

Jun 2012
I can generally read pretty quickly and understand the sentence but i get angry when the translation is bad and the sentence doesnt really make sense or is out of context.

I usually dont even notice im reading the subs, but when i notice im conscious about my reading of them its a little annoying :P
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Sep 4, 2012 8:15 AM

Aug 2012
I've always used subtitles, even on English videos. It was a habit when I was younger and it's stuck with me, I just can't watch something without them. I actually find I can miss a lot by having no subtitles; I watch some things twice and pick up on a lot of words or hints I missed before. I don't even realize I'm reading them anymore, I just do while I watch.
Sep 4, 2012 8:32 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I can read fast enough for subtitles not to distract me. After the Tatami Galaxy I don't think any subs could be too fast for me.

DesolateOne said:
You can't forget that some fansubs don't always translate the Japanese to X language perfectly. I see this with a lot of shows and unless you speak Japanese or are familiar with some of the words/phrases spoken in Japanese, it will be hard to understand the context or connotations it brings.

Well, nothing we can do about that, only hope fansubs are as precise as possible. Though I find that when you've seen a lot of anime you can even spot some translation mistakes.
Also, fansubs can use notes to explain some things that could get lost in translation.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 4, 2012 9:09 AM

Jul 2012
Not really, it doesn't take long for me to read the subs.
Sep 4, 2012 10:47 AM

Jun 2007
BatoKusanagi said:
Well, nothing we can do about that, only hope fansubs are as precise as possible.
Nothing except... use official subs, where they're available? Though that's not so much of an issue with recent anime, since many releases these days are edits of CR or other streaming subs.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Sep 4, 2012 10:50 AM
Mar 2011
Zalis said:
BatoKusanagi said:
Well, nothing we can do about that, only hope fansubs are as precise as possible.
Nothing except... use official subs, where they're available? Though that's not so much of an issue with recent anime, since many releases these days are edits of CR or other streaming subs.

alot of official subs are dub titled so the translation does not fit right
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 4, 2012 11:45 AM

Feb 2008
How can someone have trouble reading subtitles? Have you ever read a book? Does it take you 5 minutes to read one sentence?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 4, 2012 11:48 AM

Sep 2012
this is stupid

I can read fast, i read books, i don't have this problem and i don't get how people can have this problem and pick dubs, learn to read and pay attention to the story.

I am so used to subs that i don't even need to look down.
As for dubs i think a lot of terms get lost with the translation and you cannot get some jokes. Subtitles explain that. I would rather not watch an anime if all i had was dubs...
BeautifulDuwangSep 4, 2012 2:41 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2012 2:24 PM

Aug 2009
DesolateOne said:
I recently realized how much subtitles can affect your focus towards the anime's story and character dialogues. You miss out on the visual and audio portion of the show more than you think. Those who know Japanese are probably better able to get a deeper understanding of the shows than those who read using subtitles.

Just yesterday I watched episode 7 of Sankarea without paying a lot of attention to subtitles. I paid more attention to how they expressed their words through their vocal projection and body language.

There are some studios that seemingly interpret their anime's manga counterpart so well that I can't help but praise them. I feel as if I can now figure out which studio does better in terms of adapting a manga into an anime.

What are your thoughts on this? Have you guys tried to pay more attention to the subtle details in the show or do you sometimes/always run through the dialogue without much afterthought?

I find that I enjoy a anime more when I don't have to read little words on the bottom of the screen.Its one of the reasons I prefer dubs.A 100% of my attention is focused on whats going in the anime when I don't have to read subs and I am practically getting the same experience watching the anime that the Japanese viewer did when they firsted watched the anime.
Sep 4, 2012 2:35 PM

Dec 2009
I admit,
but I can read pretty fast already when I don't try but when I do try to read really fast I can then try to concentrate an look more into the scene then the subtitles.
Sep 4, 2012 2:48 PM

Jul 2012
I read fast enough but sometimes, when there's extra trivia on the top of the screen, I pause so I can read that tidbit and then read subs too.
It's like this:"Onigiri means blah blah blah"
On the bottom: "Oni-chan, eat some onigiri!"
LOL
Nice example, eh?

And sometimes they use easy words like "demo", "sugoi", "mattekurusai" and common ones. XD
Sep 4, 2012 3:01 PM
Mar 2012
Sometimes I prefer to watch average anime in jap with subtitles, so I can amuse myself trying to pick up some of the words
Sep 4, 2012 10:11 PM
Dec 2011
I only watch anime subbed. I have never been conscious that i'm reading the sub its like i just watch the anime and understand it (which i don't understand japanese) but i don't pay attention to the subs. Subs for some magical reason just helps me understand it but i won't say i read them.

Now after reading this thread, it feels weird when i watch anime because im actually conscious about myself reading the subs.
Sep 4, 2012 11:06 PM
Feb 2012
The key is to glance at the subs quickly without reading every word, and rely primarily on the voices and the picture to get what's going on. I even prefer to have subs when shows are dubbed in English because it helps me understand the dialogue when I put it together with what the characters are saying and how they're acting.
Sep 4, 2012 11:07 PM

Nov 2010
I started watching subs 6 years ago, and at first I did notice myself staring down a little. But after a short while I was able to read the subtitles in a flash, sometimes before the people even started talking. And after a while I started to recognize words between what they were saying in the audio and the subtitles, and then I filled in the blanks and eventually be able to understand at least a little.

DesolateOne said:
You can't forget that some fansubs don't always translate the Japanese to X language perfectly. I see this with a lot of shows and unless you speak Japanese or are familiar with some of the words/phrases spoken in Japanese, it will be hard to understand the context or connotations it brings.

Yes fansubs are sometimes wrong but they are people who do it for free so we can watch anime as soon as possible after it airs. And if you learn to understand some Japanese then you know when they are wrong(no matter how often or how few there are) and you can substitute with your own learning.

And the only way to become familiar with Japanese words is to hear them. And to me the loss of a whole bunch of Japanese sayings, puns, dialects that can't be translated to any language, and the culture references(food, celebrities, history, holidays, old tv shows etc) that would have to be explained but can't because it's on tv is worse than having to watch it subbed. At least with subbed if you watch a lot you can eventually learn and be able to understand the context or connotation but it's completely lost when dubbed.

The funny thing is I usually have a whole different problem, sometimes I just listen to the anime while playing a game and don't get to see the visuals, but still understand what's going on.
Sep 4, 2012 11:09 PM

Sep 2011
I can read pretty fast so this isn't much of a problem for me, but I think it depends on the style of the anime.

If the anime doesn't require careful scrutiny in every single frame then subs obviously won't be distracting. I do agree though, some anime require the viewers to pay close attention to the different characters' minor change in expression. I find that certain anime shows require this much attention, and that some viewers do tend to miss out on certain details of the plot or the characters' feelings/motivations. I think that reading subtitles without paying careful attention to these kinds of subtle change in expressions could be the cause of this.
ronriSep 5, 2012 12:38 AM
Sep 4, 2012 11:35 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah well the horrible voices that are prevalent in most dubs are even more distracting
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 4, 2012 11:37 PM

Sep 2011
Goryo said:
Yeah well the horrible voices that are prevalent in most dubs are even more distracting

Not trying to be rude, but I think that's pretty much beside the point based on what the OP is trying to say (unless you're referring to Japanese dubs...).
ronriSep 4, 2012 11:48 PM
Sep 4, 2012 11:46 PM
Jun 2012
yeah subtitles can distract you to a certain extent. but i guess i have to live with it since i don't understand Japanese. maybe one fine day in the future i will pick up Japanese
Sep 5, 2012 12:32 AM

Jul 2008
I don't care how fast you guys read I think it still distracts, even if it is at the frame level of missing things, you are still missing some. Most anime when they talk a lot not too much is going on. You really don't need to see every frame perfectly. Ironically dubs can be more distracted because you are able to look at other things and still know what going on, since you don't have to look at the screen for every word you will get more distracted by outside things. There is no way I could watch subbed anime while doing the dishes but with dubs it is doable. Subs require way more focus than dubs. Subs do come with benefits as well, you don't need to hear every word to know what they are saying as long as you are looking at the screen. Sometimes when I watch things in English they will say something and I won't understand what they said either due to other noise or hard to understand English. When you miss a word in subs you know you missed it. Unless you misread it which rarely happens. I sometimes go back and watch a part again if I think I missed something.
Sep 5, 2012 12:43 AM
May 2010
@Mow123

'distract/disˈtrakt/
Prevent (someone) from giving full attention to something'

When watching subbed anime, I have to look at the screen quite often to keep track of EXACTLY what is happening. That said, this is not my full attention. I almost never use my full attention for the anime I am watching. However, as you said, with dubs this is not necessary.

So basically the subs themselves effectively can not distract me, because they are the only reason I look directly at the screen most of the time. Added to the fact that the simple act of reading is something I enjoy, I pay for more attention to subbed anime than dubbed.

I mention this because of your
Mow123 said:
I don't care how fast you guys read I think it still distracts,

quote.

Now, I am aware that you said the subs can distract no matter how fast we read, and not that they couldnt be less distracting than dubs anyway. You mentioned this yourself, I just thought I would point out there are a lot ways for subs to be less distracting myself.

Finally, the speed of my reading is not even relevant sometimes. I find that often all I do is look at the screen and I understand the words at the bottom, without actively trying to read the words. I see the picture, all of it, and the words are understood. /shrug.
Worships Asparagus.
Sep 5, 2012 12:44 AM

Aug 2012
Mow123 said:
I don't care how fast you guys read I think it still distracts, even if it is at the frame level of missing things, you are still missing some. Most anime when they talk a lot not too much is going on. You really don't need to see every frame perfectly. Ironically dubs can be more distracted because you are able to look at other things and still know what going on, since you don't have to look at the screen for every word you will get more distracted by outside things. There is no way I could watch subbed anime while doing the dishes but with dubs it is doable. Subs require way more focus than dubs. Subs do come with benefits as well, you don't need to hear every word to know what they are saying as long as you are looking at the screen. Sometimes when I watch things in English they will say something and I won't understand what they said either due to other noise or hard to understand English. When you miss a word in subs you know you missed it. Unless you misread it which rarely happens. I sometimes go back and watch a part again if I think I missed something.

it can only be distracting if you're used to dubs then transitioned to subs. but for us who watched subs from the start we watched anime, its not distracting at all, coz you're used to it . maybe it depends on the person watching.

from the day i started watching anime i only watch subs, so its just routine believe it or not.

as i have said, you'll get used to subs but not to bad quality dubs or dubs in general.
Sep 5, 2012 12:56 AM

Aug 2012
ZetaZaku said:
How can someone have trouble reading subtitles? Have you ever read a book? Does it take you 5 minutes to read one sentence?

people who watched dubs don't get it. its more like scanning the whole page, through this you're reading and watching at the same time. its not like reading but not watching.

subs can be scanned in seconds. and also we don't focus on subs alone. its like multi-tasking. a small sacrifice for better quality anime.

for dubs, you sacrificed quality for comfort or ease in watching anime.
Lyndon_OngSep 5, 2012 1:00 AM
Sep 5, 2012 2:25 AM

Jul 2008
miereneronaile said:
@Mow123

'distract/disˈtrakt/
Prevent (someone) from giving full attention to something'

When watching subbed anime, I have to look at the screen quite often to keep track of EXACTLY what is happening. That said, this is not my full attention. I almost never use my full attention for the anime I am watching. However, as you said, with dubs this is not necessary.

I think you missed my point, it is two different types of distractions, dubs require less screen focus you will not miss all the information if your eyes are far from the screen. Subs distract you because it makes you focus your eyes wherever the subs are instead of where the movement is. The thing you are distracted from is an object in the anime you are suppose to be looking at, instead you are reading the sub. you do not just look at the center of the screen when you watch anime your eyes move around a lot.

@shmirkies uh no I've watched subs almost always.... started with them and still watch them, been watching them for a very long time now lol. Unless you are reading the words in less than one frame of the anime you are missing frames. which is likely 1/30th of a second. And like I said you don't really need to see every frame but missing frames is a distraction. if you read the lines in 1/2 a sec you still missed 15 frames. They guy could of drawn his sword and swung in that time if he is fast. You would see it but not be focused on it, and would not see the full detail of the swing. If you were watching the dub you would be looking at the movement more.
Sep 5, 2012 2:32 AM
May 2010
Mow123 said:

I think you missed my point, it is two different types of distractions, dubs require less screen focus you will not miss all the information if your eyes are far from the screen. Subs distract you because it makes you focus your eyes wherever the subs are instead of where the movement is. The thing you are distracted from is an object in the anime you are suppose to be looking at, instead you are reading the sub. you do not just look at the center of the screen when you watch anime your eyes move around a lot.

No, I really didnt. I do not need to focus my eyes on the subs all that much. I see the picture, including the text, and notice it.
Worships Asparagus.
Sep 5, 2012 2:46 AM

Jul 2008
the, "I do not need to focus my eyes on the subs all that much" is too much for me... even if you read really quick you miss detail of the frames... sorry but its just a fact...
Sep 5, 2012 2:48 AM
May 2010
You dont actually get to decide how fast I can do these things, you realize that right?

I look at screen, I see subs and picture as one thing. Subs are part of picture, not separate. Yay.
Worships Asparagus.
Sep 5, 2012 3:36 AM

Aug 2012
miereneronaile said:
You dont actually get to decide how fast I can do these things, you realize that right?

I look at screen, I see subs and picture as one thing. Subs are part of picture, not separate. Yay.

exactly! maybe they're people who can scan the whole thing as one, and some who cannot. and maybe even if you missed something, its still fine.

i will never watch a dubbed anime again. i really feel bad almost feel dirty watching dubbed anime.
Sep 5, 2012 3:49 AM

Jul 2008
LoL Funny.
You think you can read subs in 1/30th of a second.
Congrats on world record on speed reading! .
or
You think you look at the middle of the screen the entire time but you don't.
or
You watch anime on a device smaller than a gameboy.

Why couldn't you just say, "well I guess it does distract me but not enough to bother me" lol.

Well whatever trolls will be trolls.
Sep 5, 2012 3:53 AM
May 2010
My ability to do something you apparently can not comprehend does not make me a troll.

To put it simply, my brain can do two things at once. It can work out the meaning of the subs in front of me at the same time as looking at the screen. Its quite simple, actually.
Worships Asparagus.
Sep 5, 2012 4:22 AM

Aug 2012
Mow123 said:
LoL Funny.
or
or

Why couldn't you just say, "well I guess it does distract me but not enough to bother me" lol.

but do you know that we don't really read sentences by each word? its more like we know and memorized the letters within each word by how the letters was arranged. and because of this statement we can scan words or sentences faster than reading it. its a form of hypothesis that our mind create. as you can see although the words was jumbled as long each word has the same letters we can still read it. but maybe not you. XD

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

now because we don't really read word for word, we can scan subs faster than you thought.

Lyndon_OngSep 5, 2012 5:06 AM
Sep 5, 2012 4:30 AM
May 2010
shmirkies said:
Mow123 said:
LoL Funny.
or
or

but do you know that we don't really read sentences by each word? its more like we know and memorized the letters within each word by how the letters was arranged. and because of this statement we can scan words or sentences faster than reading it that even the letters in every word is jumbled we can still read it. its a form of hypothesis the our mind create.

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

now because we don't really read word for word, we can scan subs faster than you thought. XD

I read the jumbled text at about 14 words per second without any trouble at all. Normal text is a fair bit faster than that. A normal line of subs is less than that, so it does infact take me a fraction of a second to read it. I might miss a few frames. Ohh dear.
Worships Asparagus.
Sep 5, 2012 4:35 AM

Jun 2012
same old i read fast and also listen to the emotion & tone in the voice, i have also been learning some words as i go along so i end up sometimes half reading half listening ( thats not to say i understand Japanese, but enough to recognise some sentences and words) I dont feel i am missing out but maybe i would change my tune if i understood Japanese fully.
Sep 5, 2012 5:28 AM

Jan 2012
I only really need to quickly glance at the subtitles to understand what they are talking about. So it doesn't affect me really.
Sep 5, 2012 6:16 AM

Feb 2005
Mow123 said:
@shmirkies uh no I've watched subs almost always.... started with them and still watch them, been watching them for a very long time now lol. Unless you are reading the words in less than one frame of the anime you are missing frames. which is likely 1/30th of a second. And like I said you don't really need to see every frame but missing frames is a distraction. if you read the lines in 1/2 a sec you still missed 15 frames. They guy could of drawn his sword and swung in that time if he is fast. You would see it but not be focused on it, and would not see the full detail of the swing. If you were watching the dub you would be looking at the movement more.
That's assuming there actually are details to miss. In 90% of anime, there isn't, the animation quality is usually pretty cheap, and exaggerated body language and facial expressions leave little subtlety to search for.
Sep 5, 2012 6:34 AM
May 2010
Baman said:
Mow123 said:
That's assuming there actually are details to miss. In 90% of anime, there isn't, the animation quality is usually pretty cheap, and exaggerated body language and facial expressions leave little subtlety to search for.

Its also assuming that for some reason whilst reading the subs you can not see the rest of the screen, despite the fact that I can see my laptops screen and see moving mouths and characters on my laptop screen whilst typing and looking at this computer screen. Its pretty silly.
Worships Asparagus.
Sep 5, 2012 7:00 AM
Mar 2011
I don't know about you, but I have the bad habbit to read subtitles just as fast as the characters speak. Yes, I often miss a lot.
Sep 5, 2012 7:05 AM

Sep 2012
I never miss a thing when I read subtitles. But common sense tells that anime (or movie, tv series, etc.) is better without subs.

The faster you read, the less details, of everything else, you lose.
"Ouvis? Falai vós cortês! Vós, fidalgo, cuidareis que estais na vossa pousada? Dar-vos-ei tanta pancada com um remo que renegueis!" Auto da Barca do Inferno, Gil Vicente

Ignorância gera violência, nela nunca procurei abrigo
Cultivo a paz pela subsistência da existência deste universo onde resido.
Se estás a um passo do abismo pensa bem,
Não queiras para os outros o que não queres para ti também.
Sala 101 - Dealema
Sep 5, 2012 7:22 AM

Feb 2012
Baman said:
]That's assuming there actually are details to miss. In 90% of anime, there isn't, the animation quality is usually pretty cheap, and exaggerated body language and facial expressions leave little subtlety to search for.

That and I don't need to read subtitles to understand battle screams or special attack calls.
Sep 5, 2012 7:25 AM

Aug 2012
Baman said:
Mow123 said:

@Mow123
wtf are you talking about? don't you get it? i already explained scientifically how people can read fast, more like a scan than reading. and please don't assume that its a hassle for us to watch subs, or its a distraction. its more of a distraction for me to watch dubs.
Lyndon_OngSep 5, 2012 7:31 AM
Sep 5, 2012 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
miereneronaile said:
Its also assuming that for some reason whilst reading the subs you can not see the rest of the screen, despite the fact that I can see my laptops screen and see moving mouths and characters on my laptop screen whilst typing and looking at this computer screen. Its pretty silly.

Not everyone is the same, some people's attention span might be shorter than yours. I already mentioned that some anime require more attention than others, and I've noticed this given the reaction of certain people when they watch said shows. As a side note why are we assuming that it's just gonna be on laptop screens? For example, I watch my anime on a HDTV, so obviously the images shown onscreen will be much more overwhelming to the eyes.

Again, it depends on the anime and the people themselves. I myself am fine with subs but I've seen/heard of people missing out on minor details such as the subtle changes in certain key frames and often times it's because they're paying too much attention to the dialogue (this is especially true if it's a dialogue-heavy show that relies on subtle changes of expression).
ronriSep 5, 2012 8:11 AM
Sep 5, 2012 8:09 AM
May 2010
ronri said:
miereneronaile said:

Not everyone is the same, some people's attention span might be shorter than yours. I already mentioned that some anime require more attention than others, and I've noticed this given the reaction of certain people when they watch said shows. As a side note why are we assuming that it's just gonna be on laptop screens? For example, I watch my anime on a HDTV, so obviously the images shown onscreen will be much more overwhelming to the eyes.

Again, it depends on the anime and the people themselves. I myself am fine with subs but I've seen/heard of people missing out on minor details such as the subtle changes in certain key frames and often times it's because they're paying too much attention to the dialogue (this is especially true if it's a dialogue-heavy show that relies on subtle changes of expression).

This is all true, but thats largely my point. He was implying EVERYONE would have some issues with it. Im sure some people do, and fair enough. I just dont find that myself.
Worships Asparagus.
Sep 5, 2012 8:11 AM

Sep 2011
miereneronaile said:

This is all true, but thats largely my point. He was implying EVERYONE would have some issues with it. Im sure some people do, and fair enough. I just dont find that myself.

That's fair enough. I just thought I'd point that out considering the number of times I've come across such cases. I do agree though, not everyone would have issues with subs like that.
Sep 5, 2012 8:26 AM

Dec 2009
Since I've been used to subbed things since a young age, I rarely have much of a problem.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 5, 2012 10:05 AM

Jun 2010
I've become so used to watching anime with subtitles, that I find myself needing subtitles when I watch regular TV, otherwise it just doesn't feel right, yeah it's weird I know.
Sep 5, 2012 11:03 AM

Feb 2011
I don't have a problem with missing anything. I'm just use to going back and forth quickly.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - 8 hours ago

21 by niknasr »»
4 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

85 by billybub »»
7 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

26 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
23 minutes ago

» Anime peaked in 1998 ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - Jun 6

89 by BilboBaggins365 »»
1 hour ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

40 by FanofAction »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.