Forum Settings
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2012 11:07 PM

Jul 2007
Great movie. It solidifies the fact that K-ON! thrives so much better with original KyoAni material as opposed to the flawed and substantially mediocre source material courtesy of kakifly.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 22, 2012 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
I loved it. 10/10 (probably being too generous but I just loved seeing it again).

Also, I thought it was really cool how they made the ED like a music video (they even had the BBC logo in the upper left corner, like it was something that would actually air on TV).

edit: jk they didn't do that.
Gar_LoganJul 22, 2012 1:06 PM
Jul 22, 2012 2:06 AM
Apr 2011
The BBC logo, the song title card and the karaoke in the ending are all added by CoalGuys. You would not see them if you turned subtitles off. Really, they made the ending more interesting and awesome.
Jul 22, 2012 5:46 AM

Nov 2010
It was alright. Definitely a movie made for the fans and brought back nostalgia from 2 years ago.

Felt there could have been more fun and antics in London, and there could have been a little more push at the end, but definitely enjoyed myself.

8/10
Jul 22, 2012 6:53 AM

Feb 2010
Yui and Azusa <3

Jul 22, 2012 7:31 AM

Aug 2010
TOO BAD WE CAN'T RATE IT 11/10
Jul 22, 2012 9:29 AM

Sep 2009
The best movie ever.
Jul 22, 2012 11:41 AM

Aug 2010
Great movie. It should be 8/10, but after hearing Tenshi ni Fureta yo, I don't mind giving it a 10/10
Such a beatiful song...
Jul 22, 2012 1:05 PM

Jul 2008
Xlash said:
The BBC logo, the song title card and the karaoke in the ending are all added by CoalGuys. You would not see them if you turned subtitles off. Really, they made the ending more interesting and awesome.

lol I feel stupid now.
Jul 22, 2012 2:14 PM
Mar 2008
A really good and refreshing movie, loved it.
Jul 22, 2012 4:18 PM

Apr 2008
I really don't know why this show gets so much hate thrown at it. Yes, its got a bunch of cute girls doing not a whole lot with some music thrown in. Yes it's Moe, but I think it's Moe done right. The characters are engaging, and it's just fun to watch. If the music is light music this is a light story. I enjoyed this series the same way I enjoyed Aria. You relax and just let the flow take you and enjoy it.

The movie was pretty great as well. The way everyone seemed to "meet by coincidence" felt a little contrived, but so what. The point is to enjoy the interaction of the characters and the nice music. When the End credits started, I even thought, "The only thing that could make a great finish to this is another music-video-style ending, like in the tv series". 2 seconds later I got my wish! I was thrilled!!! not only that, I laughed a bit when I saw that they stamped the top left with the BBC logo! X-D

Enjoyed it all. I know the manga extends into their college life a bit (I think it may be it's own manga), and wouldn't mind if that got animated as well.

edit: lol, apparently I didn't see the post above. Well, it's still great, but the bbc logo and such WERE a really neat addition.
Jul 22, 2012 11:17 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Well that was just astounding. It was a great ending to the series and it really did bring back memories of the second season for me.

Everything from the visual softening effects to the performances were well done in my opinion; it was truly an enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing movie to watch.

I won't expect more content from this series as I believe they should stop at this point (despite another half of me wanting them to continue); this really did end on a high note. Loved it. Completely reignited the signature like feeling I got from this show.

It was no deep story; but the enjoyment more than makes up for that debatable short coming.

9/10
Jul 23, 2012 3:52 AM

Dec 2007
I hate animes that end with graduation since I graduated 3 years ago... This movie made me feel nostalgic and miss my high school days... Same thing that happened with Angel Beats ending, haha.

Yet, awesome movie. My eyes were sweaty at the end, if you know what I mean...

I just don't want K-on to end now, not until they play at Budokan :(
Jul 23, 2012 4:11 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, that felt so good. <3
Jul 23, 2012 2:19 PM

Jun 2012
This was an enjoyable movie- I especially loved the song/music video at the end. :)
Jul 23, 2012 2:36 PM

Mar 2008
kimmiechan said:
I really don't know why this show gets so much hate thrown at it. Yes, its got a bunch of cute girls doing not a whole lot with some music thrown in. Yes it's Moe, but I think it's Moe done right. The characters are engaging, and it's just fun to watch. If the music is light music this is a light story. I enjoyed this series the same way I enjoyed Aria. You relax and just let the flow take you and enjoy it.

The movie was pretty great as well. The way everyone seemed to "meet by coincidence" felt a little contrived, but so what. The point is to enjoy the interaction of the characters and the nice music. When the End credits started, I even thought, "The only thing that could make a great finish to this is another music-video-style ending, like in the tv series". 2 seconds later I got my wish! I was thrilled!!! not only that, I laughed a bit when I saw that they stamped the top left with the BBC logo! X-D

Enjoyed it all. I know the manga extends into their college life a bit (I think it may be it's own manga), and wouldn't mind if that got animated as well.

edit: lol, apparently I didn't see the post above. Well, it's still great, but the bbc logo and such WERE a really neat addition.

really well put, i agree 100%. Too much criticism for a show thats just meant to be a "sit back and relax" show.

Jul 23, 2012 5:01 PM

Dec 2009
Well... this movie was great. Nothing more should be said :)
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 23, 2012 6:22 PM

Jan 2011
when they were on the airplane and azunyan saw the paper thay Yui suppose to keep secret.
Yui: Did you see anything?
Azu-nyan: No
Yui: "soka"
I laughed so hard.....so so so sooooo hard. I rewatched that scene 3 times and i couldnt keep myself from not laughing.
K-On is one of the best anime. I wish there was season 3 and 4 and and and. There's no episode that wont make you laugh or have that smile while watching. It's super kawai, super funny and super cool
Jul 23, 2012 6:23 PM

Nov 2011
Thank you, KyoAni.
It's a Masterpiece.
Jul 23, 2012 6:39 PM
Nov 2009
Ritsu's English is a miracle of the universe.

If this is the end of K-On!, I can't say I'm disappointed. I'll miss the characters a lot though. Singing! at the ending, particularly with Mio and Yui sharing the mic, was a wonderful wonderful touch.

It's been great. Thank you, Kyoani.
Jul 23, 2012 11:15 PM

Nov 2009
Some impressions/discussions here:

http://randomc.net/2012/07/23/k-on-movie/
Jul 24, 2012 12:18 AM

Jan 2011
While the story was touching my heart,

I'm only 70% joking.

Although people will have their own issues with the movie, that is not to say that you are not entitled to your own subjective opinion. By that token, I believe that the movie served as a fitting means of sending the K-ON! girls off and it equally provided sufficient closure for the series. You will not hear any cries of yearning from here, because any desire for a continuation would betray the earnest feelings that I experienced at the film's conclusion.
Everything needs more fanservice. Especially real life.
Jul 24, 2012 12:54 AM

Jan 2009
I never had any expectations for this movie since it got announced, saw it as a way for KyoAni to further milk on the franchise even after season 2's excellent ending.

But maaaaan it was great. Truly had everything that made the second season of the TV anime so enjoyable and more, the remake of the final episodes was a nice touch too but I think I still like the TV version better. 9/10
Jul 24, 2012 4:02 AM

Apr 2009
Yui was wearing the happi even when they got back to the hotel, she didn't return it! @_@

8/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 24, 2012 9:19 AM

Jul 2010
This was great. Superb animation, a sufficient amount of music and a touching story which even comes together with the ending of the second season. I just loved seeing their usual banter and shenanigans again, not only in Japan but also in a more recognizable place (for me).

They portrayed London and the English people pretty well and even though there was the occasional stereotype, it adds to the overall comedy, so I didn't mind. It seems like they used genuine English speaking voice actors, yet they didn't sound very professional. Maybe they just picked a couple of random people off the street. ^^

The opening song and ending music video were nice touches too. Even though Coalguys' subs made the latter even better than it was, I loved the song and the animation on it's own greatly.

Overall a great ending to the K-On! saga. ... or is it? 9/10.

Jul 24, 2012 9:47 AM

Dec 2008
-Yumaol- said:
Thank you, KyoAni.
It's a Masterpiece.

THIS. THIS!!!!!!!
Jul 24, 2012 1:42 PM

Jun 2009
Great movie, reminded me of why i loved k-on so much.
Lots of great moments.. Loved the azu cat gag and azu nyan yuri confusion also the sushi bar scene was great Ritsu trying to make Japaneese sound like English was priceless Sawa and her ninja outfits was great... But what I liked the best was their last perfomence at the class (The tribute to S2 2nd Op) which seems like a lot of fun and I think this is the first time they actually finished a song instead of just fading away in the middle.. oh and YuiXMugi jump was cute..
That's it 10\10 as expected from Kyoani

Ha bi ba nono
Haaa bi ba nono
Jul 24, 2012 2:59 PM

May 2011
I loved this movie so much, it's all the great things I loved from the series. ^^

That scene at the end was my absolute favorite in the series. <3 Tenshi ni Fureta yo!
Jul 24, 2012 10:15 PM

Jan 2011
well i finally watched it and i have to say i loved it! so many awesome moments which reminded me why i loved this series,i really like how the classroom show was pretty much the intro to S2.

gonna give it a 9/10 for my slightly biased opinion and hopes for the collage life to be animated if not i'll have to pick up the manga again :3.
Jul 25, 2012 1:04 AM

Jan 2009
its just full of cuteness and friendship i thought their will be some twist lol but maybe im expecting so much on a slice of life anime, i did not watch the TV series but i say anyone can watch this as a standalone movie
Jul 25, 2012 10:00 AM

Dec 2008
I cried in rooftop scene.... THAT SCREAM... THAT SCREAM!!!
Jul 25, 2012 10:34 AM

Sep 2010
This movie is fucking awesome..... MOE on top of all those detailed art is just superb.....

CUTE story + Azu-cat + Engrish + Singing ED + MOE = Awesomeness ^ 2
Jul 25, 2012 6:09 PM

Nov 2011
twonline said:
This movie is fucking awesome..... MOE on top of all those detailed art is just superb.....

CUTE story + Azu-cat + Engrish + Singing ED + MOE = Awesomeness ^ 2

xD
Jul 26, 2012 5:16 AM

Jul 2011
I love it. Its a masterpiece! But the ending kinda leave me hanging. Thank you KyoAni for this wonderful anime. K-ON! Daisuki! ~♥♥♥
Jul 26, 2012 5:29 PM

Nov 2009
MY EYES... CAN'T HANDLE THE SUPERB ANIMATION.

God, what a beautiful piece of animation this is. I just find it so unfortunate that the first half of the film was a bit... uneventful. Sure, it's K-On so it was to be expected. But I didn't find the jokes or moments of intimacy between the girls as sharp as in season 2.

But maaaaan, that quality of animation is absurd.
Jul 27, 2012 2:58 PM

Apr 2012
It started with fascinating music (Hikari), followed by a really funny Ritsu & Yui moment ("Screw you, Yui! Screw you, Yui! Screw you, Yui!"), then ... it continued being so K-ON!!! Fun, adorable, perfect! And that song for Azusa was so moving.
I want more! T_T
Jul 27, 2012 3:03 PM
Dec 2010
That was so amazing ;w; It had beautiful animation, love the characters, and awesome music. I'm kinda sad that K-ON ended, but I don't think it should get a season 3. I'm pretty satisfied with how it ended.
Jul 27, 2012 5:29 PM

Mar 2011
This movie is awesome and spectacular i enjoy the fun and music of the HTT, again they hit me on my heart. Sadly this is the last k-on! show that they will make but they did a satisfying ending.
Jul 28, 2012 11:34 AM

May 2011
oh gosh this movie reminds me how much i loved k-on. Nice OP and ED aside, its got emotional insert song as well. Nice to see they are showing some parts of london there. Azunyan is as cute as ever. And yui is just..yui. the usual yui. I wish we get more of ui and nodoka though..

Gahhhh! hopefully we'll get a season 3..although it might not be very possible at this point now..and the manga version of college K-on isnt all that great too.. :(

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 28, 2012 12:50 PM

Mar 2012
just watched the K-on! movie and it was so heartwarming =w=

My friend code: 0688 - 6300 - 6898
Jul 28, 2012 1:19 PM

Dec 2008
Thank you Kyo-ani for making my London look so fantastic!
Jul 28, 2012 5:17 PM

Apr 2009
BlazingMew said:
That was so amazing ;w; It had beautiful animation, love the characters, and awesome music. I'm kinda sad that K-ON ended, but I don't think it should get a season 3. I'm pretty satisfied with how it ended.

Fully agree with this, nothing to add but me seconding this :P

Jul 29, 2012 9:18 AM

Apr 2010
I really want a full version of

EDIT:

I managed to find it.
wanieruJul 29, 2012 9:21 AM
Jul 29, 2012 9:29 AM

Feb 2010
Two words, *Awesomely satisfying*
Finally marks the end.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 29, 2012 10:31 AM
Jan 2011
Seriously, after watching the movie ( which was frickin awsome ) I saw the ED, and thought, Season 3 Incomming, or did they just tease us with the more adult character ending ? :(
Jul 30, 2012 4:04 PM

Sep 2011
F*cking perfect. I mean, seriously. I don't have anything else to say, literally flawless in my book.
I loved this so much that I was watching through the whole thing smiling like a retard. I'm glad nobody walked in, they surely would have taken me to a psychiatrist :D
Azunyan also became one of my favorites. But I still love every single one of them (except Sawako and Nodoka, who don't interest me that much).
Also, Yui and Ui's parents o_O I didn't think we would ever see them :)
And wow, the english was actually english, or at least it sounded believable. Btw, the girls' english was pretty funny :D
I'm so shipping YuiAzu :P

I had a lot of eyegasms throughout the movie, the art is incredibly beautiful.
I really liked that they didn't go to America like any other avarage anime would have done. I especially liked the setting of London since I've been there this april, also for 5 days (plus 2-2 getting there and back). I've been to many places they showed, like the London Eye and the Tower of London. The level of detail was amazing.

A truly wonderful ending to an awesome series. Instant 10/10, reserved only for the shows I truly love. It also became my 3rd favorite anime as of now. Will rewatch a thousand times. I still want to see a 3rd season though :D
RazielZeroMay 23, 2018 5:44 PM
Jul 31, 2012 1:38 AM

Jan 2012
its so innocent. i wish there's a more darker side spinoff episode for them.
there's definitely going to be a part 2
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 1, 2012 6:53 AM

May 2009
Well, that was really nice :)
Aug 1, 2012 4:46 PM

Apr 2010
That was probably one of the best anime movies I have ever seen.

Most of the time the movies of TV series are not a good or up to the same quality of the original series. But this movie was everything the series was and more. I loved it so much. This is good enough to watch over and over again. 10/10
Aug 1, 2012 6:48 PM

May 2012
thats sad.. its gonna end. .i wish theres more, i want to see them in thier collage life(well its just an excuse,, i want to see more cuteness of mio.yui,azu,mugi and ritsu..).. and i want to laugh more..

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» U & I New Live!

salsalsalsal - Jul 22

6 by salsalsalsal »»
Jul 31, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Dragevard - Sep 30, 2021

20 by waalex11 »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Are there many musicians in the fan base?

Prime1984 - Jun 4, 2023

23 by 10q7ch »»
Jun 9, 2023 10:25 PM

» The Girls of Afternoon Tea Time are English Icons

raabyray - May 13, 2023

3 by kotosugu »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Is this a movie you would watch in the cinema?

Zaqu - Aug 19, 2021

21 by Rinrinka »»
Nov 25, 2022 5:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.