Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Sukitte Ii na yo.' and 'Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun' To Be Animated [Update May 24]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 22, 2012 10:00 AM
Mar 2010
SHOUJO FANS UNITE! COME ON! SHOW SUPPORT! KEEP IT COMING! :D

Man, I'm seeing lots of people I don't see! :D I'm so happy!

(thought this place had very few shoujo lovers)
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 22, 2012 10:19 AM

Nov 2008
humm not really sure about what to say cause i stopped reading them for a while now
May 22, 2012 10:31 AM

Jun 2008
FUCKYEAH!
I have both on my plan to read list, so i'm glad it will be animated.
May 22, 2012 10:47 AM

May 2008
STILL NO DENGEKI DAISY HMM?

*sulks* But w/e I'll watch them and hope for Daisy to get animated itself soon.

May 22, 2012 10:49 AM
Mar 2010
KayChan4U said:

as much as I hate to say this, Daisy has only very recently started to sell...'ok standards' in japan. if it can keep that up, MAYBE we'll get a dengeki daisy adaptation, but right now, daisy is not popular in japan. IKR? WHY?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 22, 2012 10:55 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Wow! I like these manga but I'm pretty sure these adaptation are probably not going to be so good... You never know though. Maybe we'll get another Kimi ni Todoke.
p r o f i l e 👀
May 22, 2012 11:00 AM

May 2008
phoenixalia said:
KayChan4U said:

as much as I hate to say this, Daisy has only very recently started to sell...'ok standards' in japan. if it can keep that up, MAYBE we'll get a dengeki daisy adaptation, but right now, daisy is not popular in japan. IKR? WHY?

It's so amazing and has a super good rating on here so I don't understand it either :c

Then again..and I can't find the source or even remember where it was I saw it, but the author of Daisy said she had some sort of announcement she was going to make sometime soon...so here's hoping.

May 22, 2012 11:02 AM
Mar 2010
Naruleach said:
Wow! I like these manga but I'm pretty sure these adaptation are probably not going to be so good... You never know though. Maybe we'll get another Kimi ni Todoke.

as long as its not Studio DEEN...Kodansha PLEASE...anyone but them. That's all I ask of you.

After how they butchered Hiiro I'm not even gonna trust them on a 5 minute anime.
May 22, 2012 11:03 AM
Mar 2010
KayChan4U said:
phoenixalia said:
KayChan4U said:

It's so amazing and has a super good rating on here so I don't understand it either :c

Then again..and I can't find the source or even remember where it was I saw it, but the author of Daisy said she had some sort of announcement she was going to make sometime soon...so here's hoping.

ooh really? how old is this? when did you see this? could be a drama CD.
May 22, 2012 11:05 AM

Oct 2011
phoenixalia said:
what ISN'T generic these days? Every story we get now has been done before. This applies to both shounen AND shoujo AND seinen. How many onii-chan anime/manga have we seen? Hmm? And how can you judge it without reading it?

At least some other stories will throw something unique into their little mixture to give the subject matter a unique twist. It doesn't appear they tried there in the synopsis itself. And I wasn't judging, I never stated it WAS generic, I said it seemed generic. I only have what the synopsis gives me, which isn't much.

jmal said:
Execution > novelty. A premise that has been seen 200 times can still be fresh and exciting if well-written and properly executed, while even a truly unique work can be uninteresting and tiresome if poorly written and executed.

Right, but if the premise itself isn't promising or doesn't even have much a pull to it, then it won't get the respect it deserves. I don't read manga that much, I don't get the enjoyment others get out of it. Will I watch these anime? Probably, when they roll around eventually. So I'll only be able to judge these adaptions and get that take on the story.
May 22, 2012 11:17 AM

May 2010
More shoujo? Will try. :)
May 22, 2012 11:38 AM

Feb 2010
I've been reading the Sukitte Ii na Yo manga for a little while. It's okay, I suppose. The other series sounds more interesting.
May 22, 2012 11:54 AM

Aug 2007
I like both series, so i can't wait.
May 22, 2012 12:07 PM

Sep 2010
lordzeru said:
phoenixalia said:
what ISN'T generic these days? Every story we get now has been done before. This applies to both shounen AND shoujo AND seinen. How many onii-chan anime/manga have we seen? Hmm? And how can you judge it without reading it?

At least some other stories will throw something unique into their little mixture to give the subject matter a unique twist. It doesn't appear they tried there in the synopsis itself. And I wasn't judging, I never stated it WAS generic, I said it seemed generic. I only have what the synopsis gives me, which isn't much.

jmal said:
Execution > novelty. A premise that has been seen 200 times can still be fresh and exciting if well-written and properly executed, while even a truly unique work can be uninteresting and tiresome if poorly written and executed.

Right, but if the premise itself isn't promising or doesn't even have much a pull to it, then it won't get the respect it deserves. I don't read manga that much, I don't get the enjoyment others get out of it. Will I watch these anime? Probably, when they roll around eventually. So I'll only be able to judge these adaptions and get that take on the story.

Simple. A lot of people don't give points for originality and do find promise in a genre-standard story.

May 22, 2012 1:13 PM

Dec 2009
No fan of shoujos, but I'll read those two to see if I enjoy them.
May 22, 2012 1:15 PM
Feb 2010
phoenixalia said:
this is just an eg: how would you feel if moe anime are never made again?

We can only pray for that to happen.....

phoenixalia said:

There's still alot that is original or not generic, you need to look for it, but still...
Chimera_AntMay 22, 2012 1:19 PM
May 22, 2012 1:44 PM

Jan 2008
Thank god. I was getting tired of waiting for scanlations of Sukitte Ii na yo. Haven't heard of the other one though.
May 22, 2012 1:51 PM

Jun 2010
FFFFF--- OMG YES!! So excited, been waiting for some new shoujo anime.
May 22, 2012 1:56 PM

Jan 2011
Seriously... out of everything that I think better, it has to be this -_____-

I mean I did read it, but I dropped it after 3 chapters =/
May 22, 2012 2:07 PM

Jun 2008
HOLY SH-

Can't wait. Just can't. ><
May 22, 2012 2:37 PM

Jul 2011
Sukitte Ii na yo as an anime? Eh... I'll pass on it. :<
Tonari no Kaibutsukun looks interesting.

I'm fine with reading shoujo, but I'm not too fond of watching it for some reason. So I will probably skip out on both. Might read Tonari no Kaibutsukun though.
May 22, 2012 3:13 PM

Aug 2010
I'm so happy Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is having an anime adaptation. I really liked the manga, so it's good news for me, independently if some people think it's boring/terrible or doesn't deserve this...

As for Sukitte Ii na yo, I haven't read the manga, so I can't speak for it...
I'm the king... of Fujoshi Land!!
May 22, 2012 4:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well, as long as the male character is not a douche.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 22, 2012 6:01 PM

Nov 2009
melandrea said:
Orulyon said:
Great news. They should animate Dengeki daisy someday too~
AMEN to that! Dengeki Daisy would be an awesome anime, as long as they stayed with the original story.

If Dengeki Daisy got an anime adaptation, I could die happy. That's probably the manga that I want to see animated the most right now. It's one of my faves!

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

May 22, 2012 9:42 PM

May 2012
Amutofan123 said:
melandrea said:
Orulyon said:
Great news. They should animate Dengeki daisy someday too~
AMEN to that! Dengeki Daisy would be an awesome anime, as long as they stayed with the original story.

If Dengeki Daisy got an anime adaptation, I could die happy. That's probably the manga that I want to see animated the most right now. It's one of my faves!

Agreed! I'm excited to hear about Sukitte Ii Na Yo, but a good Dengeki Daisy anime adaptation pretty much beats anything.
May 22, 2012 10:14 PM

May 2012
Yuumihara said:
Argh...
Really ? from all the shoujo manga out there they decided to animate this two?

morshuwarrior said:

Btw, the sypnosis of Tonari no Kaibutsukun is incredibly terrible.

It's not only the sypnosis and Sukitte Ii na yo shitty too.

you're funny
you think every single anime studios' anime proposal gets approved by the publisher?
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 22, 2012 10:23 PM
Mar 2010
ichiro-san said:

Agreed! I'm excited to hear about Sukitte Ii Na Yo, but a good Dengeki Daisy anime adaptation pretty much beats anything.

like I said before, that is pretty much impossible right now. :(
May 22, 2012 10:46 PM

Nov 2007
MM-Rosiie said:
I'm fine with reading shoujo, but I'm not too fond of watching it for some reason. So I will probably skip out on both. Might read Tonari no Kaibutsukun though.

same hereeee! as much as i love the genre itself, shoujo, for me, has always been awkward to watch lol :I ( except for a few ones out there ) i prefer listening to the drama cd & reading along as i listen but ah well. ┐(´д`)┌ curious about the seiyuu anyways. as usual LMAO
May 22, 2012 10:55 PM
Feb 2011
I'm really surprised to hear about 'Sukitte Ii na yo' being animated since there are so many perverted scenes... wonder if those will be edited out? I ended up dropping the series because I don't like smut and the characters were not interesting to me.

There are so many great shojo titles out there (Shinobi Life anyone? This would make a GREAT anime that guys would probably watch too). So I'm really disappointed to hear about 'Sukitte Il na yo' getting an adaptation.

I will read some of 'Tonari no Kaibutsukun' though... and if I like it, I will watch the anime.
May 22, 2012 11:06 PM

Aug 2010
oh my god this is like a dream come true!!!
I never would have thought these would get adaptions. Just hope they can live up to the great manga.

Bast news of the day :)
May 22, 2012 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
Ah, interesting. I've read the manga up (not finished yet) and liked what I've seen. I hope the anime series can pull it off.
May 22, 2012 11:10 PM
Mar 2010
nerdsonfire1 said:
I'm really surprised to hear about 'Sukitte Ii na yo' being animated since there are so many perverted scenes... wonder if those will be edited out? I ended up dropping the series because I don't like smut and the characters were not interesting to me.

There are so many great shojo titles out there (Shinobi Life anyone? This would make a GREAT anime that guys would probably watch too). So I'm really disappointed to hear about 'Sukitte Il na yo' getting an adaptation.

I will read some of 'Tonari no Kaibutsukun' though... and if I like it, I will watch the anime.

again, about Shinobi Life, which I also LOVE more than Tonari and Suki, it sold mediocre in Japan...yea. Mangas like Barajou no kiss, Dengeki Daisy, Shinobi Life, Arisa....they are not popular in Japan. Ikr? WHY?
May 22, 2012 11:32 PM

Jun 2010
I am glad that more shoujo manga are getting animated, but why only OVA? Either way, I was expecting Strobe Edge to get animated because I assume it is quite popular.

Also... They should decide to animate non-school shoujo as well. Like, shoujo with fantasy/supernatural, they are very few.

phoenixalia said:
nerdsonfire1 said:

again, about Shinobi Life, which I also LOVE more than Tonari and Suki, it sold mediocre in Japan...yea. Mangas like Barajou no kiss, Dengeki Daisy, Shinobi Life, Arisa....they are not popular in Japan. Ikr? WHY?

Arisa would be interesting now. Also Silver Diamond deserves an anime adaption.
May 22, 2012 11:38 PM

May 2010
AWESOME. One of my favorite manga to be animated... made my whole day . ^^
but i wonder why these two? Cause , i mean there are alot more popular shoujo manga, like Strobe edge, Dengeki daisy.
Still, happy. ~.~
May 22, 2012 11:56 PM

Apr 2010
I'm interested in reading both now. :3
May 23, 2012 12:26 AM

Jun 2009
omg I'm so happy that Tonari no Kaibutsukun is getting animated! I can't wait for it :D

May 23, 2012 12:41 AM

Sep 2008
I just hate these kind of shoujo, there are a lot better out there =/
O well
May 23, 2012 12:52 AM
Mar 2010
R1seAgainst said:
I just hate these kind of shoujo, there are a lot better out there =/
O well

unfortunately, these type of shoujo are the only type which sell in Japan. =(
Shinigami_Nana said:
AWESOME. One of my favorite manga to be animated... made my whole day . ^^
but i wonder why these two? Cause , i mean there are alot more popular shoujo manga, like Strobe edge, Dengeki daisy.
Still, happy. ~.~

again, they may be popular here but Strobe Edge and Dengeki Daisy didn't sell well in Japan. Its what popular in Japan that matters.

deathxempress said:
I am glad that more shoujo manga are getting animated, but why only OVA? Either way, I was expecting Strobe Edge to get animated because I assume it is quite popular.

Also... They should decide to animate non-school shoujo as well. Like, shoujo with fantasy/supernatural, they are very few.

Arisa would be interesting now. Also Silver Diamond deserves an anime adaption.

The thing is Supernatural Shoujo manga , again, don't sell well in japan. you're probably thinking, 'what's wrong with japanese girls?'. XD in fact, Asuka, which has only supernatural shoujo is one of the shoujo magazines with the lowest circulation.
yet so many of the shoujo in that magazine(barajou, psychic detective yakumo, saiunkoku)

I do not get why only school life shoujo romance sells in Japan. :/

EDIT: So these two are OVAs....sigh, I knew it was too good to be true. Once again, no TV ANIME. WHY JAPAN WHY?

so, girls, ladies, we have to hurry up and buy those OVAs for more shoujo to be animated!
May 23, 2012 1:16 AM

Apr 2007
Where are you people getting the idea that they're OVAs from? The sources I've read mention a "fall broadcast", thus heavily implying that they're TV series even though there's no clear "TV anime" mention yet in the magazine.

I'll let the MAL team update the staff list whenever they can, but I am highly excited for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun now that Kaburaki Hiro & Brain's Base have been confirmed.
May 23, 2012 1:25 AM

Mar 2008
great news
May 23, 2012 1:49 AM

Jul 2008
Ah yes! Tonari no Kaibutsukun is so much fun. Yamaken is incredibly amusing, as are pretty much all the side characters.

BEGINNER
May 23, 2012 1:53 AM

Jun 2010
phoenixalia said:

The thing is Supernatural Shoujo manga , again, don't sell well in japan. you're probably thinking, 'what's wrong with japanese girls?'. XD in fact, Asuka, which has only supernatural shoujo is one of the shoujo magazines with the lowest circulation.
yet so many of the shoujo in that magazine(barajou, psychic detective yakumo, saiunkoku)

I do not get why only school life shoujo romance sells in Japan. :/

EDIT: So these two are OVAs....sigh, I knew it was too good to be true. Once again, no TV ANIME. WHY JAPAN WHY?

so, girls, ladies, we have to hurry up and buy those OVAs for more shoujo to be animated!

Ah, I didn't know that. But anyway, Asuka isn't the only magazine that has supernatural shoujo. Lala, Aria, etc. have also supernatural shoujo. Although some shoujo by Asuka had anime adaptions such as Uraboku, Yakumo & Saiunkoku. But true, it is a little odd to hear that the best-selling genre is romance/school/shoujo. Maybe because people are related more to the characters, unlike the ones with super-powers & such.
May 23, 2012 2:59 AM

Feb 2012
I hope SHAFT will produce either one of them.
May 23, 2012 2:59 AM
Mar 2010
Katapan said:
Where are you people getting the idea that they're OVAs from? The sources I've read mention a "fall broadcast", thus heavily implying that they're TV series even though there's no clear "TV anime" mention yet in the magazine.

I'll let the MAL team update the staff list whenever they can, but I am highly excited for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun now that Kaburaki Hiro & Brain's Base have been confirmed.

really? but even if it says fall broadcast....wait...BROADCAST? That meaning...on TV? They only use broadcast on TV right? Oh, I don't want to get my hopes up incase they'll be crushed again. :(

can you please show me where you saw that?
May 23, 2012 3:13 AM

Jun 2011
wowwwww, this is unexpected o-o
never thought they will get animated... is it going to be OVA or TV series?
I want Saku pyon x Kayano combi as well~~
May 23, 2012 3:16 AM

Feb 2010
Im reading them both and this is... Just great... *^*

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
May 23, 2012 3:31 AM

Sep 2011
i dont know they sound generic as fuck

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 23, 2012 3:33 AM
Jul 2011
A great news for a shoujo-romance lovers~! I'll watch both anime adaptations once it airs. I won't be reading any of the upcoming chapters of both manga to avoid spoiling myself.

I just hope Sakisaka Io's work (Strobe Edge and Ao Haru Ride) would get its anime adaptation as well.
May 23, 2012 3:43 AM
Mar 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
i dont know they sound generic as fuck

...and the haters will hate.
May 23, 2012 5:19 AM

Feb 2011
Oh, that's great! I really enjoy Sukitte ii na yo a lot. Wish that Dengeki Daisy could get an adaption as well. ^o^
Cool, cool... but will it blend?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Yesterday

7 by Clonazenyan »»
42 seconds ago

» Kyoto Animation Adapts 'Nichijou' Author's 'City' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

34 by AE-2 »»
3 hours ago

» Voice Actress Aya Hirano, Actor Masashi Taniguchi Announce Marriage

Vindstot - Jan 2

37 by MR-GRAYv2 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: Samishigariya no Ryuu' Anime Movie Announced for 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

19 by ezorde »»
5 hours ago

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Sep 19

28 by Adriannitro »»
Yesterday, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.