Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 27, 2012 10:50 PM

Jun 2009
I liked this movie as well.
I am upset about what happened to Rygart though. Hopefully, he won't live in a wheelchair.
Also, yummy fanservice.
Jul 2, 2012 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
I loved this episode.

The fight was nice, at least the scenes with Rygart vs. the others and when Baldr was like "nope" when Cleo attacked. Good to see that Krisna actually has capable soldiers. Not so sure about the other generals yet, like General True who was a total failure last episode.

Maybe his subordinate, the one who shot the leg of Cleo's golem and was with him in the meeting about Cleo is more capable soldier in this squad?

The normal fights are a bit stupid. I mean, Athens has superior golems, sure, but that doesn't excuse standing there and do nothing for like 5-10 seconds, waiting for the enemy (like, Cleo) to finally knock them out. They did that repeatedely, like when she used one of Krisna's golems as shield to ram the other - they just stood their. And then she turned around, exposing her backside to a clear line of fire. Nobody fired though.

Also, i liked the ambush scene, they finally showed that the normal guys can damage one of these golems, too, even if it was like 20 shooting at Cleo. They only destroyed some armor though, and it did not hinder her escape, nor her fighting capabilities later on the plains. Kinda stupid, as the whole ambush was meaningless this way.

Also, Sgys and Cleo. Nice interaction. Cleo being totally serious "i won't say anything", with Sigyn totally ignoring it and offering tea. The fanservice was okay, too. It wasn't out of place, Cleo wanted to switch to allow her escape. Sure, they would not have to show it, but why shouldn't they? They don't need to show the fights, either, they could just show someone saying "so xy is dead". It wasn't extraordinarily long, either.

Best was the interaction between Rygart and Gram though. I wonder if or how Gram knew about the situation. He was somewhere totally different before. Unless he has a habit of following Rygart, maybe in the hopes of getting some food, after the previous scene with the two of them.

Now that Cleo knows that Rygart knows Zess and got a general idea that what she learned is not exactly true, maybe they can talk. Hodr and Sigyn should participate, too. Maybe they can tell her the final condition Athens requires and then let her go, she will meet up with Zess and tell him, and he will turn sides, seeing that this condition is totally unreasonable for it self, and even more so if you're an old friend of them.

With Zess, who's unbeatable except by Rygart with a supercharged golem, and Rygart in said supercharged golem, maybe they can beat Borcuse and any other "special" guys on Athens side. There doesn't seem to be any real danger except Zess squad and Borcuse anyways, with the regular army being in a stalemate with a small portion of Krisna's forces since the beginning.
Nov 8, 2012 8:12 AM

Sep 2010
Wonder if Rygart crippled Zess somehow cause the look on that one guys face said "this doesn't look too good"

Rygart's reaction to the owl's pet food was the same as mine when I tasted my dog's dog food, but like a boss I ate a couple more pieces.

Red haired megane is hot I love him already hggggnnnn <3

5/5

9/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 14, 2012 11:10 AM

Aug 2010
This episode is actually my favorite so far. The mech fights were really good, and the 12-year-old girl finally got some character development to make her likeable.

The animation is still strong, and the preview for the next one looks really good too.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 28, 2012 8:57 PM

May 2012
The amount of fucks I give to cleo and zess , in the manga and the anime is zero .
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jan 13, 2013 8:43 PM

Apr 2009
Things are going to get worse for the protagonists. Athens has mobilized its best forces and its most feared general. Krisna only has Rygart and his unit, one maverick pilot with a prototype unit and one competent general who might die soon judging from the preview.

Zess survived, but it's probably safe to say that he'll be out of commission for a while, if not permanently due to his subordinate's reaction on his injuries.

Is Cleo really just 12? I'm with Rygart on this, maybe Athens really has done some kind of experimentation on her and others like her to make them that competent in handling their war machines. She reportedly mastered her unit in a day. And in melee combat went on to defeat 5 enemies in a row without killing any one of them. Not to mention that overdeveloped body...

Also, there's that new loli under Borcuse's command. Not surprising if she's like Cleo, although it can also go the other way where she's older than she looks.
Mar 2, 2013 11:42 AM

May 2010
I gave this a 7/10 because of the animation alone. Generic characters
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 8, 2013 11:42 PM

Feb 2013
Cleo was the boss in this episode.

I'm hoping she will switch sides. I want to see her beat everyone again.
Jan 17, 2014 4:40 AM

Aug 2013
So Cleo's just 12 years old. Really? *scratches head* I hope there's something more to it than "kid with a bombshell body."
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 27, 2014 7:56 PM

Jun 2013
The movies are getting better and better :)
Feb 4, 2014 6:55 PM

Dec 2012
Can never get over Cleo being 12. With this show's logic, that short girl at the end with Borcuse must be 3 or 4.

The first half of this movie was awesome, the fights were all so intense and everything was moving really well. I didn't mind the second part with Cleo being captured but it was kind of stale again. Overall I'd probably say 7.5/10 for this movie, they keep getting better for me. That guy with glasses looks like he's going to be a real problem.
Mar 4, 2014 7:16 PM

Nov 2012
Rygart nearly killed Zess with dat slash.

Lol'd at him taking that one guy out just by ramming into him at full speed.

Cleo went all out,straight badass.Took out 5 soldiers without killing them.

"Disrobe." Liked where this was heading.

Best movie so far 8/10.
Jun 19, 2014 7:50 PM

May 2013
Cleo is definitely not 12 but whatever. The owl moments were hilarious. Although these guys should start being more strict, who lets a prisoner live freely like that...

8/10
Jul 9, 2014 11:01 AM

Oct 2008
Is really fanservice and Cleo's age the only thing some people see here?
The fighting was really good, especialy because it's on the ground. No Gundam slyle fight. Plus, there are some realistic figures like when they run out of ammo or can't reach the enemy unit because of the small range of ammo.

Great movie. 9/10
Sep 21, 2015 12:19 AM

Nov 2011
Since everyone's still talking about it, I actually find Cleo's body to be amusing; the show is treating it like a running gag. We usually have 300-year-olds running around in 8-year-old bodies, but this time it's a 12-year-old in an adult body. It would be kinda interesting if there was more to it, but I don't think there needs to be.

That aside, I thought the action was considerably better in this movie, and the developments were all-around satisfactory too. The conflict between Rygart and Zess was brought to a close without dragging things out (his subordinate's reaction seems to say that even if he survives, he'll be disabled). The highlight was Rygart intentionally screwing up his mecha's auto-stabilization so he could get the drop on Zess. Also, Baldr appropriately lampshaded that the soldiers were getting more flustered by Cleo's charge than they should have been. (It was very fun to watch, though.)

Sigyn leaving her pistol unloaded was a pretty obvious move, but I liked how they handled Rygart talking to the owl. It was amusing and didn't feel contrived, even if the timing was convenient.

Hopefully Borcuse will live up to the buildup.

It was the best movie so far.
TripleSRankSep 21, 2015 12:49 AM
Dec 22, 2015 7:48 PM

Nov 2013
Yay for fanservice. Starting from this episode, I'm watching code geass all over again
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 21, 2016 6:44 AM

Nov 2013
Luxun said:
Yay for fanservice. Starting from this episode, I'm watching code geass all over again

No. Not unless you accidentally watch Code Geass instead of this.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 21, 2016 6:56 AM

Nov 2013
Nobody can beat Zess? Well, you have just proven the opposite, Rygart. He is a fairly good soldier and pilot, but as a leader, he is a failure. Plus he totally underestimated Rygart and the unknown golem. Good, that he is replaced by an actually capable adversary.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 28, 2017 12:46 PM

Apr 2014
This is getting worse..
Oct 2, 2018 5:05 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Daipyon said:
Cleo really doesn't look like 12 years old XD

Yeah, her assets are way to nice for that, also it was kinda hot the scene where she brought Sigyn down on the bed~~
Sep 2, 2019 1:35 PM

Dec 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if Zess is unable to walk after that.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 25, 2021 8:39 PM
Oct 2019
I enjoyed the owl backstory and how RyZess met Hodor. I enjoyed the owl v Rygart antics.

I was INCREDIBLY annoyed by this Cleo girl. Her and that dead girl from the previous episode are psycho bitches that are brainwashed on (apparent) lies. But, I assume she's going to "come around" on Rygart and realize the error of her ways. Fuck Zess for knowing the truth and not correcting his subordinates.

Zess' brother has the hots for that one chick? A random prisoner is going to do what for Hodor's army?

I respect Rygart for not wanting a war and not wanting to kill. I generally feel the same. But he has no plan. He doesn't know what he's doing. He's being stupid about it and getting people killed or nearly killed. BE SMARTER

Gonna give this another 8/10. I enjoy the story
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Broken Blade 3

aSt3R - Aug 30, 2010

23 by Hero_kun »»
Feb 12, 2011 2:10 PM

» Break Blade 3 Trailer

AmberFebruary - Sep 20, 2010

2 by thb »»
Oct 1, 2010 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.