Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2013 9:57 PM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Johnny-sensei I understand your feelings so much xD.

... Powa Powa Puririn.... Otome-chan... Your naming sense... Ichigo's leadership is CHAOS but it works out well with her natural charisma xD.
Jul 4, 2013 10:04 PM

Jun 2011
Really cool episode, in my opinion!
Looks like Yurika did end up being the new member of Tristar which I didn't see coming at all except for the mention of a magazine scan in last episodes discussion showing it. Maybe she'll get more screen time now...? One can hope.
One can hope.

Can somebody remind me who the black haired girl in the Powa Powa Puririn group is though? That whole sequence with Otome was definitely funny but it is bothering me badly that I can't remember who she is at all. That and I bet it could be a good song... with some... slight... changes...
Jul 4, 2013 10:20 PM

Nov 2010
dorothy3242 said:

Can somebody remind me who the black haired girl in the Powa Powa Puririn group is though? That whole sequence with Otome was definitely funny but it is bothering me badly that I can't remember who she is at all. That and I bet it could be a good song... with some... slight... changes...

It's Shion, the actor girl who won the audition for the detective roles with Aoi in episode 14
Jul 5, 2013 12:32 AM
Jun 2008
kuroikishi said:
dorothy3242 said:

It's Shion, the actor girl who won the audition for the detective roles with Aoi in episode 14

Ah... I was wondering that as well. I wonder if she's going to get more air time and thus more character development. I think others have shown their face more then any of the other characters and they haven't had lines I think.
Jul 5, 2013 3:32 AM

Jul 2012
Leave it to Ichigo to compair their group to food. XD I was just like, "this is really happening isn't it?"

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jul 5, 2013 5:28 AM
Jun 2013
dorothy3242 said:
Really cool episode, in my opinion!
Looks like Yurika did end up being the new member of Tristar which I didn't see coming at all except for the mention of a magazine scan in last episodes discussion showing it. Maybe she'll get more screen time now...? One can hope.
One can hope.

Speaking of that song...that is one of the most cringeworthy moments in the anime, but the formation of new unit is brilliant, plotwise that is. Shion's presence would require someone from STAR☆ANIS sing for two characters if Powa Powa Puririn actually performs the next episode, which will break the otherwise brilliant one on one pairing between the characters and STAR☆ANIS members.

Then again, the stage really fit the symbolism of the joint performance. The spinning sun refers to Soleil, the spinning star refers to Tristar and the moon refers to Mizuki. The dramatic turn of the previous episodes has changed the direction of this anime into a more mature way. I really glad that I watch this show.
Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.
Jul 5, 2013 10:43 AM

Oct 2011
I really hope that we might get to hear Otome's song. That will be brilliant.

I'm not sure about that third group - on the other side Tristar and Soleil "duels" might be interesting from point of view of character development, on the other PPP looks like comedic relief (not that Ichigo doesn't do that perfectly) while introducing some chaos. I do like this idea, if all 3 groups would gey enough time.

Good for Yurika - actually she doesn't exactly fits in terms of overall mood but her dedication toward her character is worth of praise, but that was clear after she lost in audition because of this.
Jul 5, 2013 1:26 PM

May 2012
They.... want to shine as brightly as a strawberry parfait, eh?
Well okay, that's... yeah. I'm sure if you had the right kind of lighting, you could probably make one shine. Probably.

Also I just don't like the new unit's name. I know they wanted to throw something to Otome and Sakura. (It was obvious to me Yurika was getting the Tristar position based on the colors of the dress Ran had.) But really, Powa Powa Puririn? Just not a fan.
Jul 5, 2013 3:56 PM

Mar 2013
I get why Otome and Sakura need to be thrown in all the excitement to, but why Shion(black haired girl)? I mean no offense or anything, but her voice actor is not part of STAR☆ANIS, she's not in the opening or ending themes, she rarely appears, and barely has any relationship to the characters.

i may or may not be hoping for a little accident here....
merumerumerumerumerumexinfinity
Jul 5, 2013 4:28 PM
Jun 2013
Cakechibi said:
I get why Otome and Sakura need to be thrown in all the excitement to, but why Shion(black haired girl)? I mean no offense or anything, but her voice actor is not part of STAR☆ANIS, she's not in the opening or ending themes, she rarely appears, and barely has any relationship to the characters.

i may or may not be hoping for a little accident here....

Shion was Aoi's partner for Naughty Detectives (correct me if I am wrong) and were involved in Swallowtail Butterfly film audition, so barely isn't really accurate. It's not like there are any other characters which would suitable for the needed space for the trio (the triangle star on the last shot of this episode seems to signify there will be three trios).

Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.
Jul 6, 2013 12:02 AM

Apr 2011
Powa Powa Puririn? Oh Otome-chan.

It was already expected that Ichigo will be the leader and she's doing a good job on it already. I'm happy that these three are united again in one unit. Ran is definitely shining when she's with Ichio and Aoi as Mizuki said.
Jul 6, 2013 9:34 AM

Jul 2008
I am happy for Yurika. Though in real life her dedication to her character even when alone would probably be seen more as crazy than admirable.

A few random questions/observations...

Why are special appeals not as big of a deal anymore? To become the Starlight Queen, one had to do at least 3 special appeals on command. When Ichigo did a live with Mizuki, Mizuki set a new record for Special Appeals. But now all we see is the same Unit special appeal every episode.

I feel bad for Kaede (and to a much lesser extent, Shion). She seems like she is just a plot device to fill out Mizuki's new unit. She has essentially no character development, and we know nothing about her other than that she is a super idol from abroad. And with 12 episodes left and the show focusing more and more on live concerts and furthering career goals than slice of life antics, it is hard to imagine getting any episodes exclusively about her.

I wonder if we will get anymore new insert songs. The Aikatsu Fourth Party CD has all of the recent ones, and I think two we haven't seen yet. With only one cour left I don't know if the show will go to the trouble of compiling another CD worth of material.

Did Soleil change their dance to make the moves simpler for audience members like their instructor suggested, or was the part we saw the same as their previous performance?

This is kind of a silly thought, but Starlight Academy is a middle school right? Why would the top idol in all of Japan be like a 15 year old girl and the most popular units be girls ranching from 13-15? I mean I feel to have real popularity in the competitive entertainment industry you would have to be at least high school aged (with a few exceptions). But it is the show's universe so I won't question it lol.

If an S2 really does air this fall I hope it is the same characters. I don't want it to be like a new round of girls entering the academy or something.
Jul 7, 2013 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
GarLogan78 said:

This is kind of a silly thought, but Starlight Academy is a middle school right? Why would the top idol in all of Japan be like a 15 year old girl and the most popular units be girls ranching from 13-15? I mean I feel to have real popularity in the competitive entertainment industry you would have to be at least high school aged (with a few exceptions). But it is the show's universe so I won't question it lol.

Mm I'm not quite sure... but I think I recall they mentioned at some point that they also have a high school division though as the main characters are newbies and nowadays idol life start really young... but I don't know, is probable a plot hole xD

And yes if a second season is made I would like a sequel...

So, yay hurray for Ichigo's leadership, mm though this isn't related at all I wonder if Ichigo is going to learn at some point that her mom was part of Masquerade...
Jul 13, 2013 4:09 AM

Dec 2011
I really don't give a damn about "powa powa puririn" or Otome for that matter. Though i like that the opening song is the soleils song i really really want new songs... Or at least new coreographies, we've been at least 15 chapters without any new special appeal.
Jul 14, 2013 1:17 AM

Apr 2011
Ep 39 isn't out yet, right? I wonder what happened :|
Jul 18, 2013 9:50 AM

Sep 2009
Oh well, that was pretty obvious that she will choose Yurika :D
Jul 18, 2013 9:58 AM

Sep 2009
Waaiiit.. the Soleil just started and then they're introducing another group "Powa Powa Puririn"? gaaaaa... I hate this. They could've just passed 1 or 2 episodes to let another unit debut. :/

Let Soleil give some more screentime.!!! gaaaaaa!!!!!!
Apr 28, 2014 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
1. Otome forming her own unit seems like a bad idea…

2. Those animal costumes were cute

3. Yurika seems like a slacker. Surprised she got into tristar

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 7, 2014 11:09 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I thought Otome was messing around when she said she would form another unit. Guess she was serious after all.

Yurika new member of Tristar. Didn't see that one coming. I thought Otome would be chosen but Yurika was a bit of a surprise considering she slacks.

Aug 9, 2014 9:54 PM

Jul 2014
When I think about it, it makes sense that Yurika is apart of tristar. Mizuki was looking for someone who could shine one their own, even when they were in a group and Yurika is a perfect fit for that description.

I don't like the idea of Otome creating her own unit. I thought creating a unit was supposed to be a big thing and now it seems like child's play. Plus, it's not like they're super idols like Mizuki or were chosen by the headmistress, they just decided. They seem like naive band wagonners (?) and they don't seem to work well together with Otome deciding everything for herself.

Anyway, I'm liking Tristar more than Soleil. Their sound is more of my taste and my two of my favourites (Mizuki and Yurika) are in it. I really like Kaede's personality so I hope she gets more character development. I agree with the previous statement saying that she seems like a plot device.
vitaxliliumAug 9, 2014 10:18 PM
[center][/center]
Mar 6, 2015 8:24 PM

Dec 2012
Otome, stop before I literally cry from laughing. Powa powa pururin...but that's what makes her so much fun. Ichigo's logic always blows me away. The way she figures things out in her own quirky and unpredictable way is what makes her perfect as the leader of Soleil. Ohhh man, Yurika finally gets to shine. She really compliments Tristar as the new 3rd member and I loved that sinister expression on her face during the concert.
Jun 1, 2016 1:21 AM

Oct 2014
That "Ichigo parfait" thing seemed a lot like the "apple pie" or "rattlesnake" thing from My Little Pony.
Jun 3, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2013
I think Yurika is a good fit for Tristar, and now Otome has formed a new group with Sakura and Shion? With lyrics like those, I wonder how that will turn out.
Sep 5, 2021 2:48 PM

Feb 2020
Two airheads are leading their groups.

I like Powa Powa Puririn. Otome, Sakura, and Shion are cute together.

I'm happy for Yurika. She's finally gets to shine. I think she fits perfectly to Tristar.

SerafosMar 2, 8:26 AM
Jan 27, 7:08 AM

May 2019
Unexpected developments yet again. Yurika recruited as new Tristar member, new independent unit formation and joint live concert. It's good to see Yurika could shine again, her character really stands out with how she always persist to stay on her character. No wonder she got picked haha. And we also learn important lesson about leadership. It's not always about able to control other people or giving them tasks but it's about the ability to bring all people to work together as a team so they could also help guide the leader in return. Someone like Ichigo really fits this role even if she is an aihead but she is so natural when it comes to engage with people.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 82 Discussion

billybob300c - May 15, 2014

9 by aloradear »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 79 Discussion

billybob300c - Apr 24, 2014

18 by aloradear »»
Apr 24, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.