Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2014 8:38 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
1. As a yuri fan, seeing them hold hands & hugging gets confusing xD

2. Was hoping ichigo x aoi would be pairs since they're best friends

3. Yurika's jealousy for ran was awesome. At least she got a partner. Kaede is pretty good

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 25, 2014 7:56 AM

Dec 2011
Fun chapter, with a bit of drama...
Thinking on it, this is the seccond chapter with some kind of drama in 79 episodes.

Still, interresting. Now a few chapters with filler activities, and then the double M cup... it should be interresting if we get to see all the parters performances (unlikely, i know, but a man can dream right?)
Apr 25, 2014 8:53 AM

Sep 2013
i saw all of the pairs happen but what ever happend to the unit between drearc and starlight
Apr 25, 2014 3:06 PM

Jul 2008
DrFluffyUnicorn said:
i saw all of the pairs happen but what ever happend to the unit between drearc and starlight

It felt more like a symbolic thing or something XD
Apr 25, 2014 4:12 PM

Oct 2011
First half rather boring but it had some nice points (or rather: way better than most of second half of this show).

Second half... that is why this series needs more of Yurika. And Kaede, she was fine here too. Too bad that other teams will get more focus soon but one can hope for more of those two.
Apr 26, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2012
I remember when Kaede was fit introduced, and I did not care for her much. Now I miss her she is so much fun to watch. It was nice to get so much Kaede this episode, because we will not see much more of her this season :(
Apr 28, 2014 12:37 AM

Feb 2013
Oh my, I love Kaede.

May 5, 2014 11:00 PM

Jul 2008
This was a great episode.

I say this every time Kaede does anything, but we need more of her. She was completely pushed aside and used as a filler character for the Tristar unit in season one, and she has almost never gotten chances to shine on her own. Other times I remember her doing things was giving Ichigo the courage to go to America (so basically Ichigo got character development through her) and then she filled in for PowaPuri when Shion was gone. It is so nice to see her and Yurika dealing realistically with the fall out from Tristar.

Yurika was amazing, as usual. It was hilarious how she wrote "blood" when they all wrote down what they wanted to eat. I felt bad for her when Ran and Sora paired up!

I am really excited for the Double M Cup, but I think the outcome is pretty predictable already. My guess is Ichigo/Seira win a narrow victory over Double M. It is also possible Double M will win. But it is kind of sad that despite this great episode, Kaede/Yurika have no real chance of winning. I would love for the show to flip expectations and make a unit win like Kaede/Yurika or Otome/Maria.

Aoi really did look disappointed when she was talking to Ichigo about how she would pair with Seira. Even though she was telling Ichigo her best partner was Seira, she still looked sad. But then she seemed happy the next day with Kii, so idk.
May 9, 2014 12:23 PM

Mar 2014
DrFluffyUnicorn said:

see, that never happened. as far as Sunrise is concerned, you are making that up :U
Jun 16, 2014 2:00 PM

Jun 2008
I loved the second half of the episode, even though I would have preferred if Yurika had gotten Ran.

However, I was practically screaming "NO NO NO" at the monitor when it became obvious which pairs were going to happen.

I really...do not care for anyone from Dream Academy. Just give us Akari back, within ten seconds of her appearing she was a million times better than anyone from DA.
Jun 21, 2014 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
The pairs were kinda foreshadowed since the beginning of season 2...
Ichigo always pairs with Seira
Aoi Kiriya vs.Kii Saegusa....
Then the 3rd DreAca girl was Sora ....which leaves Ran
Otome was 4th Starlight Girl + Maria Himesato (4th DreAca Girl)

Just follow the order that Starlight + DreAca girls appeared
and it makes sense...
So it IS Predictable
Oct 2, 2014 8:56 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Darn, no Aoi/Ichigo. It would've been nice to see the two SA girls take on Double M and DreAca's Seira/Kii. The smart teacher idols Aoi/Kii pair was very predictable. They have a lot in common so it's one pair up that will be fun to watch.

Kaede/Yurika took the 2nd half of the episode. It must be pretty uncomfortable for Yurika and Kaede to pair up t first. I mean TriStar was basically Mizuki only. Without her, Yurika/Kaede were just regular idols. Still, hopefully them two get far and show Mizuki how much they have improved.

Apr 7, 2015 8:37 AM
Aug 2012
So touching episode! One of my favorite from this season definitely! They are special unit-that's so sweet
Jan 24, 2016 1:13 AM

Apr 2012
GarLogan78 said:

Yurika was amazing, as usual. It was hilarious how she wrote "blood" when they all wrote down what they wanted to eat. I felt bad for her when Ran and Sora paired up!

THIS it's even colored red and there's effort put into it to really make it look like it was written in blood hahaha!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 20, 2018 8:48 AM

Jul 2015
That was one of my favorite episodes so far, I really liked seeing the add and all the interview about how it was made, and seeing Yurika's fangirls were awesome.

The second half was even better, she might be strong now but she also went through a lot of problems to get there, what an inspiration to follow.
Sep 9, 2021 3:37 PM

Feb 2020
A wholesome and heartwarming episode. I think those units fit together perfectly.

Kaede was the MVP of the episode. All the moments between her and Yurika were so freaking cute.

SerafosMar 2, 8:44 AM
Feb 1, 8:06 AM

Jun 2016
Not Ayana's best episode but certainly the yuriest one.
Feb 2, 9:11 AM

May 2019
Choosing partner part is really wholesome with all the girls gathering. Aoi is truly Ichigo's best friend when she ask Ichigo to choose Seira instead because she knows it could push her so far. And this is pretty much the same with Kii, so Aoi partner up with her is no surprise there. Pretty sure Yurika is a little heart broken there when Ran not choosing her haha. Luckiy we have Kaede to heal Yurika right after. Kaede and Yurika really fit for one another with how their personalities are opposite to one another. Kaede is pushy and flashy really push Yurika's reserved and guarded persona. Definitely need more Yurika centered episode, she is great.
VivaceRexFeb 2, 9:19 AM

Apr 24, 9:08 AM

Aug 2011
the dreaca girls don't blend in with the original girls well at all, they still feel like cardboard cutouts. i guess i should just feel thankful i'm getting any yurika at this point... clown x vampire is a fun pairing so at least there's that. i also forgot how early akari was introduced before akarigen starts, i wonder if people assumed she would just be another abandoned side idol at first LOL

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 178 Discussion

megmica - Mar 31, 2016

37 by VivaceRex »»
Feb 17, 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.