Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2013 3:07 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I got chills during Calendar Girl. I enjoy this show too much.
Gar_LoganMar 12, 2013 5:42 PM
Mar 12, 2013 5:05 PM

Nov 2012
cute episode - especially raichi♡. but i'm way more excited about next week's. a ran-focused episode is what i've been wanting for for a while now.
Mar 12, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2009
calendar girl is the best song
Mar 12, 2013 8:52 PM

Mar 2011
They'd have used that performance without "ending" since it's the same song...
Mar 12, 2013 10:11 PM

Feb 2013
good ep this week
Mar 13, 2013 6:54 AM

Apr 2011
Calendar girl! I'm glad they finally perform the ending song.
Mar 19, 2013 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
Magito said:
Calendar girl! I'm glad they finally perform the ending song.
Jun 19, 2013 7:35 PM

Oct 2011
This was an adorable episode! Raichi~♥
Glad to see that Ichigo was able to get her idol aura. ^^
Apr 22, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
1. Aoi hugging ichigo like that at the beginning was hawt

2. Raichi can smell the idol from his mom

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jul 28, 2014 11:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ichigo trying to develop her aura xD

I prefer the Signalize song, but Calendar Girl isn't bad. Raichi gets his letter read on the radio. Ichigo was dense to not notice it was her brother. Who else loes Aoi as much as Raichi does.

May 30, 2016 10:34 PM

Dec 2013
Raichi's adoration of Aoi is really cute.
Jul 5, 2020 5:50 AM

Feb 2017
Daily life advice from Aikatsu.

Feels weird to hear the ED song twice.
Sep 4, 2021 6:36 AM

Feb 2020
Ichigo desperately tried to make aura to appear was hilarious.

Raichi was so adorable again. :3

It was nice to hear Calendar Girl as an insert song.

Beautiful performance.

SerafosMar 2, 8:20 AM
Jan 24, 9:19 PM

May 2019
Raichi, I feel you really. He is like me fr. Good advice from Ichigo to follow your dream. As expected for an airhead, things like love won't get through Ichigo's head haaha. I started to warming up to their idol songs like OP, ED and the concert ones. Idol activities so far is my favorite but calendar girl is also good not bad.

Apr 3, 4:24 PM
Nov 2019
Oh wow, when Raichi described his sister's scent as Cafe au lait, which is coffee combined with hot milk btw, I thought that was a metaphor of how the coffee represents Ichigo's ton of energy, like... after her performance with Mizuki, she was in a daze and the groundskeeper talked to her and she mishears him and goes "Yeah, Mizuki-san really is amazing!"

https://imgur.com/a/K3U0Wci
^ Gallery of screenshots of Ichigo's passionate admiration for Mizuki.

And the milk represents her growth both as an idol and a person. Like during episode 6 which is the autograph episode, she thought that making autographs was about perfecting it, but she ended up alienating her fans by focusing too much on perfection, instead of talking to them. Ran takes notice of this and asks Ichigo about who is she signing for, and Ichigo notices that no one is in line anymore. Ran explains that her fans felt that they were let down, and that it's not that they came only for the autograph, but rather they wanted to meet and talk to her, yet Ichigo wasn't talking to them or even looking at them. She only looked down while perfecting her autograph. Ichigo then admits that she got lost in making autographs. Then a fan comes by and asks if Ichigo is still signing autographs and she replies with a yes while looking at him, and Ran then says that she should keep her head up that way while signing, and that it's okay if her autograph is a bit messy here and there, and Ichigo with a smile replies with an "Un". That's one of the ways how Ichigo grew as an idol and a person.

Ah, and the warmth of the drink shows how much she cares about other people. Like during episode 12, which was the Christmas episode, Ichigo was helping out a lot of her fellow idols and she even was willing to go out in the cold blizzard and find a big tree, then chop it, and somehow transport it back to the school, and decorate it? XD! Sheesh Ichigo, you go girl! Oh, and her friends helped out too which is the thing about Aikatsu. They all help each other no matter what. Whether if it's about giving advice, or taking turns carrying the grandma, or training together, or stealing a premium card together, or dancing together, or helping each other disguise better, cheering each other up when one's nervous, love is power, cooking together, picking outfits together, helping their friend when they're in love, and many many many more things... Aikatsu has just shown so much care for basically every character, and how they interact with each other, even including the fans. Yurika-sama fans ayooo. XD.
"This garlic's delicious"
"Ah, Yurika-sama, would you like a bite?"
"You have the tall to try and feed a vampire garlic? I'll suck your blood."
Hahahahaha. Like even the comedy, which is connected real well with the events that happened, like in this case, Yurika-sama's garlic pasta scandal. I can't help but just love this show more and more and more. The people who worked on Aikatsu were clearly very passionate about this show and just adds everything nice to it. Like Raichi sniffing out that his mom is an idol, like wow! They're really heavily hinting it and it's fun to see. ;). Aikatsu truly is the best. I used to think that Madoka was the best anime ever but wow, Aikatsu is just winning by a huge landslide and I've yet to touch the surface with only just 22 episodes. There's like 156 more episodes to go and it makes me just so excited about how many more charming things will Aikatsu show me. Like it feels like this Aikatsu is K-On! but with several 2-cour seasons like woah! I never imagined that there was a longer K-On!, but for idols and goals and all different kinds of characters and scenarios. Sheesh. Aikatsu is the best anime ever. :). I'll be back here on the re-watch. Re-experience g everything again while knowing what will happen is just gonna... Wow... I'm getting chills. ;). Anyways, have a lot of fun watching Aikatsu everyone.

Edit: Oh, and I even posted this before even finishing the episode. Ahahahaha. But yeah, I wonder if the Cafe au lait scent was actually a suggestion by one of the staff. Like how it fits Ichigo's personality. XD. Otome-chan's candy scent is because of how sweet she is. Ran is like a flying butterfly because she shows beautiful outfits with her modelling, and also showing others how idols can shine, you know, like her teaching Ichigo about how fans want to meet their idol and not just get her autographs. (I actually wanna talk so much more about Ran but I forgot the great things that she did. ;-;. Well that's why there's a re-watch :D. Can I even re-watch even before completing the series? Why not XD? Be like Ichigo and say love you to every episode XD. Plus I didn't journal during certain episodes. Especially the first ones since I was so new to it). As for Aoi's sparkly scent, um... ngl I forgot how sparkly is related to Aoi. She definitely shined through the Naughty Detectives audition but other than that, I forgot. I need to re-watch. ;-;. Kinda sad how I can't connect the dots right off the bat but then again, re-watches are the best. I shall watch but this time add every notes to every episode discussion and things like that. Life's gonna be great :D.

Edit 2: And it's so amazing how I can just re-watch the same scenes without getting tired. It's like my 3rd or 4th time (or even more) watching Ichigo do the radio and I can't help but smile with how she's so nervous at first but then the advice given to her is how she the mic's holes can seem like tiny fans and she can focus on one as if she's responding to the. Aikatsu is so good. ;). Legendary status indeed.

Edit 3: Finished the episode and woah! That performance was amazing! Calendar Girl is such a good song too. I always listen to it at the end of every episode. Same with the OP. Also the fact that the Calendar Girl ED is playing a gramophone while showing cute are is awesome. I also like the detail how the needle moves slowly upwards as the song progresses. Such a fun detail. Ah, and also there's this one part where it goes "ribon dore ni shiyou kana soro soro yaba" and the "Yaba" at the end connects with the next sentence. So "Yaba-ii-tekimasu" and not only that, the "ittekimasu" also connects with the next part with "itekima-su-nshine". So "Yaba-ii-tekima-su-nshine". Like I actually found the first connection while listening in the earlier episodes, but I only realized that 2nd part when listening in the later episodes. It's a fun detail to realize as a non-japanese. Weeb status lol. But yeah, I wouldn't mind if both Signalize! and Calendar Girl stayed as both the OP and the ED for the rest of the series since they're both just that good, but then it makes me wonder about the how the next OPs and EDs will go... I mean I started watching Aikatsu simply because I liked Asterisk DnB's remix of Kira Power, which is the 3rd OP and had nice dancing. Even Signalize's dance makes me vibe. Oh and also the art is cute plus I liked PriPara a lot and heard that Aikatsu is in the same vein as PriPara, (heh, even the card idea from Aikatsu was taken from PriPara), like if you've heard of PriPara, then you've also heard of Aikatsu. Though yeah, Aikatsu has taken my heart away and now I can't even bother to watch a PriPara episode right now. No that PriPara was that bad, in fact, PriPara made me laugh a lot and showed basically similar things to Aikatsu, like PriPara has that charm. It's just that Aikatsu is just feels more grounded and real? Cough cough Ichigo climbs a mountain cough cough. Ah, and I like Signalize! and Calendar Girl a lot, while PriPara's OPs and EDs may be good, but... Aikatsu is just on a whole nother level. Plus PirPara's EDs are irl, which is like, don't get me wrong, they aren't bad, but like... It's anime. Why'd you put in unrelated irl girls instead of PriPara characters? Such a weird mix. I mean the only way I can see an irl OP or ED working out is when there's cosplay. Like the official Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid OP Music Video. Actually, even if there's unrelated idols to the anime, shouldn't they have been in the anime at some point? Like you get to see them on TV and Lala admires them or something. So yeah, the ED doesn't match. Unlike in Aikatsu, where even things like tv, movies, and radio broadcasts are a part of the anime... Yeah... Aikatsu is just better at everything huh. Doesn't mean PriPara is bad. It will eventually give me a void once I experience everything of it, (yeah, I've seen spoilers of legendary moments in PriPara and wow... they made me cry even without knowing anything, PriPara is just that good, alongside its own brand of comedy), but there's a reason why I'm prioritizing Aikatsu. It's got the drama, it's got the friendship, it's got the comedy, it's got a huge cast of fun characters... Uh... This is also what I've described PriPara... Hahahaha. See! They're both similar. They have both their own strengths and weaknesses. PriPara I think goes deeper with the drama, and as well as the comedy, but Aikatsu is more about the goals, friendship, and world building...? Both definitely have a lot of effort put into their characters. Both are light hearted. Both make you smile. Both make you laugh. Sheesh. Will both of these anime spark a rivalry for my favorites? :). Life's gonna be a lot of fun. Anyways, have fun watching both Aikatsu and PriPara everyone.
SyliconeApr 3, 6:04 PM
Neat.
Also neat.
And another.
+ another one.
And another one.
Then have one more.
Actually, have two more.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 79 Discussion

billybob300c - Apr 24, 2014

18 by aloradear »»
Apr 24, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 178 Discussion

megmica - Mar 31, 2016

37 by VivaceRex »»
Feb 17, 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.