Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2013 9:16 PM
Mar 2012
Man, this episode was AWESOME. Although I expected the roof scene to be a little more intense, as it was in the LN.

So, according to the preview, they are skipping like 5 LN chapters now. They'll definitely end with
or something like that. I guess the roof scene wouldn't cause as much expectations for a third season like that one would.
Mar 14, 2013 9:18 PM

Dec 2011
Loved this episode. Yozora having the sign of shame.

Kobato in that movie and knowing she is really popular.
Maria knowing the truth behind Maria... and become more friendly with her.

And more of Rika!!! I love how she is kind of the omniscient character that brings out the truth behind Kodaka... but still has feelings for him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2009
Some nice drama this episode.
Mar 14, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2012
rika ofcourse is a GOD
Mar 14, 2013 9:31 PM

Feb 2012
We need more Rika episodes.
Mar 14, 2013 9:45 PM

Nov 2007
This anime should have Rika as the solitary main female character. She is already miles ahead of Yozora and Sena. Intelligent. Interesting. And. Simply the Best character in the anime.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 14, 2013 9:49 PM

Jul 2009
ok. RIKA BEST GIRL! YES.
Mar 14, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2012
See, Kodaka is just hiding the fact that he doesn't know so he gets more harem members. Rika is awesome.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 14, 2013 10:04 PM
Sep 2012
I was wondering what punishment Yozora would have when the others found out. That outfit was just too hilarious. Haha!

The movie Kobato made is pretty good and she really did look like a princess. LOL @ Sena suffocating Kobato with her bobbies yet again.

That student club president looks cute and wow did Rikka step on a land mine revealing the truth about Kodaka. They are right though, they're already friends.
Mar 14, 2013 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
I like the more serious moments.
Mar 14, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2011
I kinda already had an inkling that Kodaka notices the developments between him and the girls, even before episode 2 came out......why?
Noticeable from the opening:
"Be my friend, even if you pretend to not know"
"Be my side, you've already realized it"
But honestly that's not enough, which is why I only had an inkling and didn't really realize I was right until this episode haha

RediceRyan said:
I like the more serious moments.

I guess we're polar opposites then o_O. As much as I like the serious moments, its the funny and "Dense MC(Even though just pretending)" moments that make my day. But I really like the development, in the previous season it was full speed ahead "Harem train", this season keeps me at the edge of my seat with the new melodramatic scenes and deeper understanding of the characters.

Here's the list:
Sena: No particular change. She acts the same as last season, just with more affection to Kodaka. You can easily see that although she's full of pride, she's at the same time honest with herself.

Yozora: Like Sena, no particular change. Last season already showed so much of her darker personality that it doesn't surprise me anymore this season. She's not as honest as Sena, but she doesn't have much to hide since she's already shown so much to Kodaka and the others

Maria: First season was simply showing her as the usual Imouto character, this season gave light to her friendship with Kobato and how she truly feels about the people around her. This episode showed how much she likes to monopolize her "enemy/ friend" status with Kobato, evident on how she got upset when she found out Kobato was actually very popular(not very sure this is the reason why she got sad, but from what I think, she's either sad because of Jealousy that Kobato actually has potential to have friends or she's sad because she might lose her only friend. Either way its related to Kobato)

Rika: She seems like the perverted, intelligent and comedic glasses character, but this season shows a more darker personality. I don't know anything in the LN so I have no idea what Rika's character is really like, but from what I've seen so far, she gets irritated from certain things (I have no idea about these things since this kind of personality was only shown very briefly in episode 7 and in episode 10). It can also be easily seen that her personality is at times cute, annoying but funny, and finally, for brief moments, a darker personality, but most importantly, she's the most straightforward and actually most caring of the club.

Kobato: what? did anything really change since last season? All I saw was her friendship with Maria, and if you call it a development, her inability to stomach Sena's affectionate advances towards her became worse.

Yukimura: he was actually a girl. PERIOD
(Get it, cuz she's a girl, and, well.... you know.....haaaah)

Kodaka: Personality wise, this guy will definitely never change since he's the MC, but certain revelations like his pretending to not notice the girls' feelings and the like show a more compassionate and caring character, but at the same time a bit of a jerk. He was already nice before, but his wish for everybody to stay the same and remain in the club shows that he's indecisive and actually sensitive and caring for such things, but a small bit of a jerk because the longer this keeps up, the more he'll hurt the others' feelings. Oh, I almost forgot, it also shows that Kodaka has the tendency to be lonely. He views the entire club as his friends(probably) and is very important to him, He'd definitely feel lonely if his decisions turn out to be the reason for the club's disbandment and the characters (except for the girl Kodaka chooses) go their separate ways. BTW, Maria and Kobato aren't part of the pick.
Naoe-RikiMar 14, 2013 10:45 PM
There comes a time when you need to become stronger and finally move forward from playing like a child, to strong adult

Mar 14, 2013 10:32 PM

Dec 2012
Can't wait for the next episode, It starting to look like Koadaka is showing some cracks are beginning to show in Kodakas emotional wall.
Mar 14, 2013 10:38 PM

Jun 2012
Rika needs more screen time I am in love with her!!!!!!
Mar 14, 2013 11:02 PM

Sep 2011
Cirris said:
FrostyFang said:
Well, apparently Kodaka isn't as dumb as he appears to be

Essentially Kodaka has grown fond of the collective group and doesn't want to jeopardize that. So, he pretends not to hear when the girls are making overtures of wanting more than friendship. He knows that moving forward would eventually mean having to choose one of the girls as a female love interest cause everyone seems like they want to "c'est si bon" him. The fallout would be the other girls would feel rejected and distance themselves from the club. Something I think Kodaka really fears.

^Nailed It
Mar 14, 2013 11:35 PM
Sep 2012
LCSeixas said:

So, according to the preview, they are skipping like 5 LN chapters now. They'll definitely end with Sena confessing to Kodaka or something like that. I guess the roof scene wouldn't cause as much expectations for a third season like that one would.

With the next volume being postponed and all that, I think I don't want to end the 2nd season with a big cliffhanger like that. And if it did end with the confession, they'll skip too many chapters and we will have to wait another three years for the next season.

And there's still Kate x Kodaka and Hinata x Kodaka developments waiting to be written.
Mar 14, 2013 11:47 PM

Aug 2012
I was amazed by the fact they actualy spelled out my suspicious of Kodaka and the way he sees his companions, or rather, how he knows they see him.

Probably my favorite episode of this season. I'm a slave for character development.
Mar 14, 2013 11:50 PM

May 2010
cephilis said:
I noticed Rika only asked about how Kodaka felt about Sena. Does she think they have the best chemistry?

Well,I think they really suit each other.They look the best together too but I am sure that she will be forever in friend's zone maybe best friend but not lover & thats what make me sad as i am big fan of rikaxkodaka
Mar 14, 2013 11:52 PM

May 2010
Glad that Kodaka is noticing Rika more & more;D
Mar 14, 2013 11:59 PM

Aug 2010
Rika really wins the 2nd season so far. And I really loved the intro scene with rika in delinquent mode berating Yozora
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 15, 2013 12:16 AM
Aug 2011
Huh? What was that?

Oh shit. That face Rika made, and Kodaka's reaction face. Fuck was that brilliant. I am moved.

Yup, best serious episode in this series so far... and maybe even best overall.

I'd like to add that Yozoracunt has a serious problem for disliking people for shit reasons. I don't care if there was loldrama in her past.

5/5 - "Oh damn, look at those babies jiggle!"
Mar 15, 2013 12:17 AM

Jun 2012
I like the set up here, actively ignoring romantic hints to keep the group together. Don't recall seeing that before. And the antics are as fun as ever.
Mar 15, 2013 12:20 AM

Sep 2012
My oh my, Haganai is getting to be serious. Something it hasn't been since the ending of last season. Really starting to pity Yozora, since everyone else is just beating around the bush and she's well.. Still behind the bush, maybe even further.

As for Kobato, best episode of her ever! Haha, Hime-Sama is the right term to use!

Can't wait to see how everything unfolds now that we all know Kodaka is purposely being oblivious, and that his harem has expanded even further ^^
Mar 15, 2013 12:23 AM

Jan 2012
ku ku ku i kinda want a rika version of the OP
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 15, 2013 12:34 AM

Feb 2013
Oh my god I loved this episode!!

That was great. Absolutely great.

Ugh...I am sad that it's coming to an end so soon.......boo.
Mar 15, 2013 12:36 AM

Apr 2009
Loved it how Rika pushed things forward :D
Mar 15, 2013 1:16 AM

Jun 2012
So Kodoka has finally been exposed. It is about time, especially given how people on this forum have been predicting it for weeks or even months now.

Haganai has shown itself to be one of the darker ecchi harems, while still offering copious amounts of fun for fans of the genre. It has done things differently, as people have mentioned in this episode discussion, and Kodoka is an interesting harem lead.

Of course, where does it go from here? The greatest end for this self-described "love comedy" would be for Kodoka to choose a girl. Of course, I can't really see that happening.

The best ending would be a harem ending. Kodoka tells the girls that he doesn't want to select a girlfriend and alienate the rest of them. The girls assure him that no matter what he does, they will all stay as friends. Kodoka blushes, realizes the potential romance in his immediate future, and the show ends with some bubbly music, possibly the op.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 15, 2013 1:18 AM

Dec 2012
Finally i was tired of spoiling that now everyone can stop with Kodaka is dense crap
5/5 <3
Since Volume 9 is postponed this will not reach the end of the story but considering the show popularity Season 3 will be coming soon enough ^__^.
Mar 15, 2013 1:30 AM

Jan 2013
Finally, we're caught up to the point that I can link to this and not completely spoil.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=545903

Basically, I think Rika and Kodaka will definitely end up together in the end.
Executive Editor of the Pop Culture Social Club located at popculturesocialclub.com
Mar 15, 2013 1:37 AM

Oct 2010
After this episode, I hope he chooses Rika to date in the end. She has earned her spot as the number 1 most likable female in this anime.
Mar 15, 2013 1:56 AM

Jun 2010
Holy shit this episode. Hundreds of people already spoiled me about that but well, awesome. Was speechless at the end.

Dat Rika x Kodaka scene in the first half and ending part. Rika route ftw. I think Rika route is equally good as Sena route. I hope there will be Rika/Sena x Kodaka ending.

Lol at the preview scene. So there's a meaning behind the opening song.

5/5 YEAH!

P.S
Is there enough material for Season 3?
Mar 15, 2013 2:07 AM

Feb 2013
nice episode.The comedy-focused plot is changing into a more serious one.I just don´t know how the outcome of this show wil be,due to the fact that there are only 2 episodes left and 2 new characters have been "introduced". For the whole first season i thought that rika was going to be in a secondary character in terms of the romance parts, but now i´m confused.

Let´s see how all the things will come up at the end.

Mar 15, 2013 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
Ignoring the romantic advances is one thing, but refusing to acknowledge everyone as friends has been a bit annoying, so it's nice to see Rika cut through the crap.
Mar 15, 2013 2:35 AM

May 2011
Finally, it is revealed that Kodaka isn't just another stupid harem protagonist. I was waiting for this moment - and it really does make the show even better.

I'm still hoping this will end with Kodaka x Yozora, since I was under the impression that was what the whole show was about, though I'm not so sure anymore. I love all the characters.
VokocaMar 15, 2013 3:07 AM
Mar 15, 2013 2:46 AM
Sep 2012
Do people who want a Rika x Kodaka end didn't get the memo of her being friendzoned shortly after the rooftop scene? It was all over the net.
Mar 15, 2013 2:55 AM
Jun 2008
The end of the episode gave me a hint that the op song actually related to the Anime, I didn't realize it until I read the full lyric . xD

Rika said that her character was made up. Does that mean she is not Fujoshi .
Mar 15, 2013 3:04 AM

Jun 2009
I just wonder what could have been if Sena and Kobato are genuine sisters.
Mar 15, 2013 3:22 AM

Jun 2008
I really don't know how I forgot about this....but...

DAT Glorious ASS!

Goddamn....please tell me this girl eventually gets a bigger role in this series!
Mar 15, 2013 3:26 AM

Dec 2012
And here I was thinking Kodaka was actually THAT dense... guess there's a reason why he's feigning ignorance that much... I WANT KODAKA X RIKA ENDING :@@
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Mar 15, 2013 3:48 AM

Nov 2012
Nice one Rika, telling him to cut the crap. To be honest I'm liking that dark part of Rika more and more, I want to see some more of that.

Mar 15, 2013 4:02 AM

May 2010
Isn't anyone else really irritated by the pathetic pussy called Kodaka?
Seriously, why do mangakas make the main male characters pathetic like this guy?
There are very few cool characters I can actually think of - Naruto (Used to be pathetic, now is badass), Ichigo and the Elric brothers. And not by coincidence, they are all popular...
Kodaka, has been getting on my nerves for the whole second season.
EVERY fucking time there's a chance for some kind of development in this anime that has stayed pretty much the same since the first episode, this guy says "Nandatte?"
Am I the only one who's really irritated by that?
Whether he's just that dense or actually has a reason is irrelevant. There is no reason good enough to be a pussy.
Mar 15, 2013 4:07 AM

Sep 2012
dyils said:
Seriously, why do mangakas make the main male characters pathetic like this guy?
There are very few cool characters I can actually think of - Naruto (Used to be pathetic, now is badass), Ichigo and the Elric brothers. And not by coincidence, they are all popular...
EVERY fucking time there's a chance for some kind of development in this anime that has stayed pretty much the same since the first episode, this guy says "Nandatte?"
Whether he's just that dense or actually has a reason is irrelevant. There is no reason good enough to be a pussy.
I guess you have not read the posts in this tread or some earlier episode thread. I think most of us already come to the consensus that Kodaka is a cool guy who pretends to be dense in order to keep the club in one place. If that means keep saying "Nandatte?" so be it. I guess he'd rather be called a pussy than not showing the consideration and care towards those girls in the club that he calls friend.

In case you find it bothersome to read all the posts, here is a good one taken from an early post in this thread:

GC9000 said:
Essentially Kodaka has grown fond of the collective group and doesn't want to jeopardize that. So, he pretends not to hear when the girls are making overtures of wanting more than friendship. He knows that moving forward would eventually mean having to choose one of the girls as a female love interest cause everyone seems like they want to "c'est si bon" him. The fallout would be the other girls would feel rejected and distance themselves from the club. Something I think Kodaka really fears.
symbvMar 15, 2013 4:11 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 15, 2013 4:09 AM
Feb 2013
Shit is getting serious. It's getting interesting.

And like others have said, he obviously notices the romantic feelings of the other girls, but he's been pretending to not hear it to keep the companionship that the club had always had.

His mindset is having friends > girlfriend.

But now that Rika has revealed the truth, we'll see what happens next. And yes I do get irritated too because I actually want to see some romantic development, but he is only doing this because he want to keep the things the way are. Glad to see Rika stepping up to make Kodaka do something about it.
AkiraJinMar 15, 2013 5:43 AM
Mar 15, 2013 4:11 AM

Dec 2012
dyils said:

How is he a pussy ? because having friends is more important to him than getting a girlfriend ?
Sorry that he is not a sex crazed teenager derp..
Mar 15, 2013 4:25 AM

Jan 2009
Oh hey, Rika's got an Intuos4.
And that's pretty much the only thing that appealed to me in this episode.
Too much Sena. Too much Kobato. Too much Maria.
Too little Yozora. And should've been a little bit more Rika as well.

On another note, it feels like this is suddenly starting to take on a more serious tone. Which is just completely unnecessary. And personally, I'd say it's unwanted as well.
Mainly because 99% of shows that suddenly try taking themselves seriously fail.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 15, 2013 4:45 AM

Jul 2010
Why are so many people still surprised about the fact that Kodaka isn't as dense as he seems? The serie has been hinting at it multiple times, idk, I liked the rooftop scene but I didn't expect Rika to tell him so bluntly because it was already rather obvious..?

I'm very curious how the season will end though, with this going on there might even be some real romance in the last 2 episodes? :)
Mar 15, 2013 4:51 AM

Jan 2013
last two episodes,time sure does fly fast. i hope there's a third season.
Mar 15, 2013 5:12 AM

Jan 2012
-Shady said:
last two episodes,time sure does fly fast. i hope there's a third season.

Hopefully it comes out after the LN concludes.
Mar 15, 2013 5:24 AM

Dec 2012
Thank you Rika! Thank you so much. Finally someone told him :)
I do must admit that I did not think that Rika would play a huge role in developing the whole story, but it happened and I really like it :)
Wondering what the ending is gonna be like. I guess that he won't decide, because he is just not in love with any of the characters around him..! I really hope that Yozora gets the chance in one of the last two episodes to speak to Kodaka alone, because I really want a happy ending for her. Doesn't have to be the couple-way.. maybe they just start to be really good friends, like they used to be!!
Can't wait :)

9/10
Mar 15, 2013 6:05 AM

Nov 2012
Finally the plot is moving. Of all girls, I guess Rika is the most observant of them. The rest are... blissfully ignorant, I guess. I wonder what will happen next... though I won't be surprised if they just pretend the conversation never existed.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 15, 2013 6:22 AM

Sep 2007
This is heading to either a Sena or a harem ending. As each week passes, Sena's maturity is becoming clearer and clearer. Also, Rika has been the star of the season for me but it is also clear that she wont end up with the MC - she is the most aggressive of the lot in her pursuit. Also the MC notices that she is trying the hardest to make friends and he will oblige to at least that ...

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

171 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.