Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2012 6:06 PM

Jul 2012
Banishment ... this world!
Nov 1, 2012 6:53 PM

Apr 2012

I guess this pic should be posted at least once every page. You can't even post it too much, anyway.
I don't even know any words to describe accurately how frigging cute and adorable I find this.

And damn, so much Rikka x Yuuta progress. <3
So much jokes, so much fun, some background of Rikka, so much loneliness in her, so much awesomeness in one episode. And so much less Nibutani. Absolutely perfect. :]
Also, I like Rikkas rather depressing/"normal" side that shows even more depth to her character.
Nov 1, 2012 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
Okay that last part reminds me of Lelouch... but in a disturbing way.

Nov 1, 2012 6:55 PM

Sep 2012
5 episodes and not even a kiss or a show of romance this 8th grade syndrome needs 2 stop

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2012 6:58 PM

Apr 2011
i love the Smash Brother's reference. I did not expect that.
Nov 1, 2012 7:20 PM

Oct 2012
Dekomori and Nibutani are always funny
dark flame master
evil laugh dekomori
make me laugh non stop
(-:
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6573/edwinwrenchsig.jpg&sa=X&ei=uvmUUJn7L8bmrAelroGIAg&ved=0CAkQ8wc4fA&usg=AFQjCNEvc6Operr_1wp3ES_5H60niDXtNw" />
Nov 1, 2012 7:48 PM

May 2008
Funny episode, I really like the Super Smash Brothers reference Yuuta made.
Nov 1, 2012 8:06 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Wow, what a surprisingly sweet episode. This show gets better and better every week. Rikka's feelings are really starting to show now. This is steadily on its way to a 10.

Now I have to schedule an appointment with my doctor to see if I have diabetes now.
takkun_Nov 1, 2012 8:09 PM
Nov 1, 2012 8:16 PM
Oct 2007
Lelouch voice was amusing. Rest of the episode felt weak to me.
Nov 1, 2012 8:22 PM

Sep 2012
nasserdragneel said:
Dekomori and Nibutani are always funny

I have been wondering a lot about this... So much DekoMori and MoriSummer...

BUT yet DekoMori is an anime original character but Nibutani/MoriSummer is not...

So what does Nibutani do in the novel??? Her role in the anime seems more for comedy relief as a foil for Dekomori but what does she do in the novel? Is it possible that she forms part of a triangle with Yuuta and Rikka?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 1, 2012 8:32 PM

Jan 2011
rederoin said:
guwndomino212 said:
12 episodes are not enough for this epicness.

There is always hope for a 2nd season.

can only hope to me it seems like this series is quite well received lol

still staying strong from episode 1
Nov 1, 2012 8:37 PM

Jun 2009
clubparadisee said:
5 episodes and not even a kiss or a show of romance this 8th grade syndrome needs 2 stop

Not everyone's slutty enough to kiss at first sight like Louis
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2012 9:07 PM

Oct 2012
I loved every bit of this episode. I can't stress how much I did. Rikka's smile at the end - I kept hitting my head against my desk because it was too adorable. I also like it when Rikka talks normally when she's in distress or upset.
And as for when Yuuta temporarily acted as DFM, I feel like the producers did it on purpose with the posing similar to Lelouch since they have the same voice actor.
Nov 1, 2012 9:44 PM
Sep 2011
Looks like I can't get away from the every screenshot ever "in the spoiler" posts.. those things clog up my computer so badly. > >

Anyway I've undropped this show because of this episode, and it was kind of worth it. I can see a definite change in Yuuta's attitude toward Rikka. Still not sure why he hangs around her, but he doesn't seem to dislike her the way he did previously.

This episode did a good job of humanizing Rikka a bit, especially her line about having to only inform her sister and Dekomori of her email address changes. Makes me wonder if the reason she lives with her sister is because her parents recently died. Maybe her behavior is a way of coping? Maybe I'm reading into this too much.

Fair episode, nothing too especial but better than the past few. 3/5.
Nov 1, 2012 10:13 PM

Dec 2010
Math always hits the spot.
The pool scene, the email add, the test itself, the sister playing house, the mom, Lelouche

ROFL!
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Nov 1, 2012 10:49 PM
Oct 2012
bastek66 said:

that just melted my heart. holy shit.
Nov 1, 2012 11:18 PM

Apr 2011
Furin1994 said:
bastek66 said:

that just melted my heart. holy shit.

I cannot get over with this GIF. Makes me smile.
Nov 2, 2012 12:22 AM

Jul 2012
guava said:
That scene in the kitchen -- where we are given hints of the true depth of Rikka's loneliness -- is heartbreaking. I wonder how much of Rikka's retreat into fantasy is an escape from personal pain, and I wonder how big a role that will play later on in the story (will love, and Yuuta's acceptance of her, "cure" her of chuu2byou?).

Now this is getting interesting... Which concludes for me that I think this episode was well-done. Two-three locations for this act, the struggle of Rikka VS. Math, media references, and then DARK FLAME MASTER! I admit that this act was kind of embarrassing, but it felt like the best reward for Rikka here! (Lelouch-VA was the best!)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Nov 2, 2012 1:53 AM

Mar 2011
ooooh Dark Flame Master. lol

Rikka is so cuteee~
Nov 2, 2012 1:56 AM

Jun 2010
Dat face Rikka made at the end!!!!!!

I really like the progress on the romance between Rikka and Yuuta. Hope we could see some Yuuta x Shinka moments soon.
Nov 2, 2012 2:00 AM

Apr 2011
-MgZ_ said:
Hope we could see some Yuuta x Shinka moments soon.

I hope so too. XD
Nov 2, 2012 4:32 AM

Jan 2011
Wordsmith said:
Magito said:

I stlll hope Shinka has feelings for him.

I hope not. I can't stand her "bitch in sheep's clothing" style, and I cannot forgive her for hitting kumin. Does she kick puppies and kittens in her free time, too? *rage*

Well, puppies and kittens dont troll you, you know.
Id rage the same way as her if I get picked on like that all the time.
Nov 2, 2012 4:38 AM
May 2012
I want him to do more dark flame master!
Nov 2, 2012 5:52 AM

Jul 2011
Still best show of this season so far.

Dark Flame Master, ye you're awesome sir!
Nov 2, 2012 6:41 AM

Feb 2010
Another great episode 5/5.

Kumin sleeping at the Pool XD

bastek66 said:

Love this Scene! Rikka is so Cute!
Nov 2, 2012 6:56 AM

Sep 2008
Everytime Yuuta becomes Dark Flame Master I see Lelouch Lamperouge *.*

He is so damn cool!
I want more Dark Flame Master *.*
Nov 2, 2012 7:08 AM

May 2010
He really likes to copy Lelouch,doesn't he?Well I have fallen in love this episode & Rikka is one of my all time favortie characters.
Nov 2, 2012 7:47 AM

Oct 2012
I think that's how a "relation" between Rikka and Yuuta begins ;P
Nov 2, 2012 9:00 AM

Apr 2011
Rikka is getting more and more likable every episode. Especially if she shows her normal cute side.
Nov 2, 2012 9:33 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
RLinksoul said:
I can see a definite change in Yuuta's attitude toward Rikka. Still not sure why he hangs around her, but he doesn't seem to dislike her the way he did previously.
Well, my personal take is that though he hasn't realized it yet, he was bored and she is interesting in a way that appeals to him because it's his nature to be a little odd-ball himself.

I often troll my son (who is 12) in a way that is similar to the style of this show (I've always had a very active imagination), though I don't take on any "persona" while doing so. The other day when I was doing this he said he wondered if anybody else's dad was this weird. I asked him if he wanted me to change and he said "No, you're interesting."
Nov 2, 2012 10:00 AM
Jan 2010
GETTIN' SERIOUS

AUTISM LOVE
Nov 2, 2012 10:40 AM

Jul 2012
so ... someone was complaining about youta for being bully in other topic?? look at nibutani at the first 5 min :/

also that end xD rikka makes youta back to dark flame master lol i smell romance in the air
Nov 2, 2012 11:22 AM
Jul 2012
GrandPhantasm said:
GETTIN' SERIOUS

AUTISM LOVE

I love you.
Nov 2, 2012 11:37 AM

May 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I think those looks like panties and they are white. Not sure if the Bds will have more uncovered but the studio certainly failed at concealing this one. As a result fan service might be more than just ass shaking around.

They're not panties, but the inside of her skirt; I can tell by the two lines that run parallel to her leg. You're seeing things that aren't there.

OT: Best episode so far. The romance between Yuuta and Rikka is starting, and I;m sure it won't be long before he truly sees her best side and falls for her. I think Touka would like it her sister got herself a boyfriend to spend those lonely nights with.

And I think Shinka and Sanae will become good friends in due time as well. And for all her complaining, she seems to have little problem sticking around the club, even though she's not really obligated to do so.

I like how Kumin is very open about Rikka and Sanae's behavior. And how she sleep-insulted Shinka (and dodged the latter's karate chop).
Nov 2, 2012 12:26 PM
Aug 2011
That was freaking adorable.

I didn't think I would like this show as much as I have been liking it.
Nov 2, 2012 2:27 PM

Nov 2009
In this dimension, they are the only ones who acknowledge my existence ..
Nov 2, 2012 2:38 PM

Aug 2012
I'm starting to worry that this anime will end with everyone acting like an idiot rather than the other way around. That would be a terrible ending and would ruin the entire anime for me.
Nov 2, 2012 2:51 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
klopkr said:
I'm starting to worry that this anime will end with everyone acting like an idiot rather than the other way around. That would be a terrible ending and would ruin the entire anime for me.
I...don't think you're in the majority in that one.
Nov 2, 2012 3:20 PM

Aug 2010
klopkr said:

I bet many people here are WAITING for yuuta in DFM/Lelouch mode confessing his love to Rikka. Expect a fangasm in the thread for that episode.

As for me? For me, first and last thing is ENTERTAINMENT. As long as I'm entertained, I don't care about the rest :)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 2, 2012 3:34 PM

Oct 2012
klopkr said:

I do not think it will be the case here, but I do know where you are coming from. If there is an introduction of romance between characters while keeping the comedic balance, the anime turns into a very heart warming experience along with the overall enjoyment provided by supporting characters. But if they introduce romance and revert back to the formula used in the 1st 3 episodes, then you are left with feelings of disappointment in the end. It has happened in other instances. No way be sure unless you have read the novel.
Nov 2, 2012 4:02 PM

Mar 2012
This show just keeps getting better, my favorite ep so far. I like Rikka even more now and that "realistic" house scene was funny.
Nov 2, 2012 4:12 PM
Dec 2010
Awesome episode <3 The milk, the pool scene, Rikka praying, lol hilarious
5/5

btw, i just love all the 'dess' of Dekomori voice actor, natural charm xD

Bonus:

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
Yumeha = moe :3
Nov 2, 2012 5:39 PM

Oct 2011
Rikka is too cute in this episode!!!!!!!!
Signature
Nov 2, 2012 7:28 PM

May 2011
That test was easy, just time consuming.
Nov 2, 2012 8:57 PM

Oct 2010
AO968 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I think those looks like panties and they are white. Not sure if the Bds will have more uncovered but the studio certainly failed at concealing this one. As a result fan service might be more than just ass shaking around.

They're not panties, but the inside of her skirt; I can tell by the two lines that run parallel to her leg. You're seeing things that aren't there.
That's what I was thinking too and checked out in details. Does not look like it at all IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 2, 2012 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
I'm debating turning the sound that goes with the face you see under my name into my new message tone.
Cutest shit this season.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Nov 2, 2012 10:31 PM
Aug 2011
Another ultra lovable and bouncy episode, by bouncy I mean the characters xP nothing else XD Sooo~!! Kawaiiii~~!!!!!! Any hows, near the end of the episode where Touka saids to Yuuta, "urayamashii", in the subtitles it said "i wish i were you", but from my point of view it seemed like Touka was jealous of her little sister being able to be alone with Yuuta. Well I mean thats what I want to believe xP Does any one think so too? :) I understand that this most likely meant, Touka is jealous of Yuuta being able to get along with Rikka so well, but again I'm a Touka fan and would like some fan service XD
Nov 2, 2012 10:36 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
AkashiYamato said:
I understand that this most likely meant, Touka is jealous of Yuuta being able to get along with Rikka so well
That's about 50% of what I took away from her comment, but the other 50% is apparently Touka's job makes it difficult for her to even have time to spend with her sister, even if they did get along. I didn't get the impression that it had anything to do with Yuuta personally.
Nov 3, 2012 2:54 AM

Jan 2008
Kumin is just the most adorable person out here . who agrees ? :]]

anyways , nice development . Seems like there's really a big reason why Rikka has been acting like that , and her sister is already giving hints about that .

And wow , Shinka in the pool is just ... nice . lol . But her hitting Kumin like that with water was nerve wracking . but still . Shinka <3~

And the highlight of this episode , Lelouch Dark Flame Master is the bomb . I never expected that he will give her protocol code that way . lol .

Anyways , excellent episode as always .des .
Nov 3, 2012 6:00 AM

Jan 2011
Another nice episode, not a lot to say about it though.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

672 by Ne-mo »»
Apr 20, 1:40 PM

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

489 by FarCritical »»
Feb 22, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.