Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 4, 2013 7:12 PM

Jan 2013
Mandarni said:
Yes, the food will become a problem, I put it at about 80% probability. If you were to bet against it... yeah. Perhaps 90%. They have foreshadowed it, by explicitly stating that this is all the food they will get. No refills. They have also made a note, several times, of the fact that she eat quite a bit.

Secondly they have stated that anyone leaving the capsule will disqualify the entire group. It is only one week left, and group A is clearly doing fine in the social and stress aspect. There is one issue and that is the old man. But he should be fine, even without glasses and struggling.

They might combine these two clouds into one giant storm, or separate the issues over several groups - maybe group B, with the nervous wreck, tries to leave the capsule. Anyway, they have several cards to play to build up a nice bit of drama.

I agree with all of this! Anyway great episode, I really like the dance in the new op. I loved monkey-boy walking away like a monkey. Cant wait till next episode.
Mar 9, 2013 10:00 AM
Aug 2007
Noooooooooooo, I loved the first OP. But I knew I recognized the voice for this new OP... good choice.
Feb 22, 2014 7:50 PM

Jul 2012
Wow! I didn't like the Monkey guy at first but he really redeemed himself at the end. Group A for the win <3
Apr 3, 2014 10:06 PM

Mar 2013
Fukuda-san's story really struck home for me. Some may say that he was a terrible husband and father to have chosen his dream over his family, but I disagree; one should never give up an earnest dream they have, and I believe that it is the family's duty to support him in his decision, just as it is a parent's duty to support their kid's decision when they pursue their own dreams. My father doesn't have to be by my side to be a parent I'm proud of; his earnest effort and hard-work towards his own goals inspire me every day.
Jul 22, 2014 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
I have a lot of respect for Fukuda this episode. It just goes to show that anything can happen in space and anyone needs to be prepared for it.
Aug 8, 2014 9:02 PM

Nov 2011
I have a hard time relating to Fukuda. I feel like it's irresponsible to have a family like that if you can't afford to spend time with them, but I've never been in his shoes, so I can't judge. It's going to be pretty bad for him if he still doesn't make it after sacrificing his whole life for this. :/

In a similar sense, I can't blame his family for being angry with him either. He's not fulfilling his role as a husband and father by not being around them. They probably feel betrayed.

The monkey guy took a turn for the better, in any case.
Sep 21, 2014 6:14 PM

Nov 2010
Incredible sweet episode along with Naota's backgroundstory
Mar 27, 2015 5:37 PM
Jul 27, 2015 6:26 PM

Oct 2012
He's a crap father and decided to be a crap father indefinitely, All I'm getting from this guy. Kenji don't be this guy.

Nov 9, 2015 6:10 AM
Dec 2009
Very dramatic episode. There are a lot of people out their who have sacrificed their family for their dream... and a lot of people who have sacrificed their dream for their family.

I don't know what I would do... so far I haven't found a dream that was worth sacrificing my family for. Honestly, I'm not sure I want to. But I wish Fukuda luck.
Nov 12, 2015 12:42 AM

Mar 2012
TripleSRank said:
I have a hard time relating to Fukuda. I feel like it's irresponsible to have a family like that if you can't afford to spend time with them, but I've never been in his shoes, so I can't judge. It's going to be pretty bad for him if he still doesn't make it after sacrificing his whole life for this. :/

In a similar sense, I can't blame his family for being angry with him either. He's not fulfilling his role as a husband and father by not being around them. They probably feel betrayed.

The monkey guy took a turn for the better, in any case.

To be fair the wife chose to be in a relationship and have a child with him when knowing full well of his occupation (that's what I presume since the kid was pretty young and they seemed around their 30s). Then she ends up ditching him after they have a child and won't even let him see the kid because she hooked up with another man. The guy was working his ass off and cared about his family so saying he's not fulfilling his role because he doesn't have as much free time as a normal father is pretty unfair. Feel betrayed? That's ridiculous. That would be for an abusive, alcoholic, cheating husband/father.
Aug 21, 2016 12:28 AM
Dec 2011
Ok so, it's a male responsibility to provide funds, otherwise males are pretty much useless (it's any society rules, right?)!
, at the same time males are not allowed to pursue their own dreams (what society call them "workaholic").

Well, I though people choose and follow their career based on their dream and goals in life, but not to work half ass just to feed their children!!

Also, If you can't support your partner pursuing a dream you're not worth them and you don't deserve them.
and if you gonna give me repulsive excuse like you weren't aware of their dreams, then who you're to them?!

To conclude it, Fukuda did the right choice by following his dream just like any normal human should do and divorcing that unworthy
wife of his, but his mistake was to entrust his daughter to his wife.
Aug 21, 2016 12:51 AM
Dec 2011
Whalelala said:
He's a crap father and decided to be a crap father indefinitely, All I'm getting from this guy. Kenji don't be this guy.

Were you watching the whole previous episodes?!
Kenji clearly told Mutta that if he were accepted as an astronaut and went to Mars he wouldn't be able to raise his daughter (or be a crap parent by your logic).
but Kenji probably has an understanding wife that will aid him to fulfill his dream.
also, any parent work overseas to fund his family is a crap parent!! (you said it not me)
Dec 5, 2016 5:19 PM

May 2015
Poor Fukuda-san :(

Thank God he gets new glassess. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 24, 2016 4:17 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 14 - Broken Glasses and the Sole of the Foot:

Fukuda remembers me Kramer vs Kramer (having some of the dad characteristics and some of the mom too) movie, he is a workaholic that wants to fulfil his dream, this is very good, but he can't spend time with Ryoko, so he can not took care of her.

His Mom took the right desicion taking care of her child. Because like Fukuda says "It'll probably be a lot of tomorrows..." (Fukuda to Ryoko about he leaving) so he is a really busy man that can't have time for Ryoko. And Ryoko mom deserves a husband thatcan spend time with her and her child.

But yet he is a good person, and fully dedicated to his dream (we need more people like him!) so he deserves to fulfill his dream.

"My dream hasn't aged a day!" (Fukuda Naoto)

4/5
ArakitoDec 24, 2016 4:38 PM
Sep 10, 2017 3:20 PM

May 2012
Great development I must say, especially on the characters! Let's see what's next.
Nov 17, 2017 2:16 AM

Dec 2014
Very solid episode. I gained some respect for Furuya. I'm already in love with this new ED.
Mar 3, 2018 4:31 AM

Feb 2013
His job made him lose his family, that's sad.
Jul 4, 2019 4:42 PM

Oct 2015
Furuya behaved like a jerk as expected when he broke Fukuda's glasses, but I'm glad he became sincere and begged for a new pair for him- truly applaudable.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 9, 2020 6:18 AM
Oct 2017
The age old problem of having a child with the wrong person. His ex is/was basically withholding his child from for the petty bs & heee everyone is defending her šŸ¤£. Man had a demanding job & gets punished for it; pursue your dreams!
Oct 20, 2020 3:11 PM

Dec 2007
noooooooooooooo why did you take feel so moon?!? maybe it's because i so liked the 1st opening i didn't find the 2nd one any good, but it may be grow on me, though not to be good as feel so moon, the only thing good about it now is that dance xD

and i have really hard time feel pity for fukuda, he's wrong in many thing, father he's not, and thinking about his daughter in a way of "i want her to be proud of me" is wrong in many ways, daughter needs her father, not his work.

ya did better at the end though.

this arc really got into me, really love it, i know though this level won't be for the entire 99 episodes, even monster couldn't do that 74 episodes straight...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.