Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 5, 2008 10:58 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ahhh hes turning sadistic! rly clever, but tht FBI agent was guna leave him alone if he just carried on with the date, but instead does a huge plan to kill the FBI agent! thts jus telling L who he is and drawing attention to himself by killing the inspector shadowin him!! honestly
sugarplumfairySep 5, 2008 11:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2008 7:19 PM

Jan 2008
I really liked this episode. We see from the beginning taht Light is really clever, however in this episode we see how truly cunning and sly he can be. It was an interesting episode.

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Oct 23, 2008 1:03 PM

Mar 2008
I agree - the first display of Light's true intelligence and wow is it creepy x__x but the whole story could have turned upside down if Ray Penber had just left instead of deciding to follow Light for the rest of the day D: And I agree, doing this will just drag attention to himself

For a clever guy, he's pretty dense sometimes xD
Nov 29, 2008 7:53 PM
Apr 2008
If he kills the detective L is going to know who he is. But wow that plan was really smart.
Mar 9, 2009 7:30 PM

Jan 2009
Wow this show gets better and better. You can obviously see this show is going to be very suspensful, Light and L are very clever and cunning. I still really love that Death God. I really thought for a second there, Light was twisted enough to shorten his lifespan in half to Ryuk for the Death God eyes... I imagine he might later on when times get iffy. I wonder when we can see how L looks, not that I dont already know, from MAL. But I want him to stop being so emo. Poor detective, btw.
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Apr 14, 2009 8:37 PM

Apr 2009
that was tight, iM enjoying this anime for real.
May 8, 2009 7:20 AM

Jun 2008
i hope that FBI agent's ok.. Rey Penber... i hope he doesn't do anything to him.. he's not a criminal and he's just doing his job!!! anyway.. that sure was smart... really smart... everything was planned.. light's amazing... we have yet to see L's true abilities to counteract light's... so far, light's stll winning. :D
May 16, 2009 10:21 PM

Aug 2008
Light's way is tooo long to simply say he will easily win when he overcomes the super detective L.... He hopes for a super safe and crime-less utopian world!!! So he will have to do something even more clever to defeat the L guy.... So he discovered the real name of the guy that has being following him.... In fact I'm really hyped up by this episode... Never imagined the animation would turn out that way... I've known the story for a while now and now the animation didn't cease to amaze me.... Nice adaptation of those chapter.... GOOOO.... Justice!!! (Who's Justice anyway? Ryuj? Lol)

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2009 1:49 AM

Dec 2008
well light is obviously going to end up killing an innocent man.

well light wants to rid the world of evil by killing. L wants to do the same thing but by means of the law. for now i can see myself siding with L

What does L stand for anyways? light?
L and light are probably the same person and light's on crack.

looking forward to the next episode and light's strategy for killing ray penber.
Jun 8, 2009 10:12 AM
Sep 2008
if he kills the FBI then L will have better change of finding him, and if he doesnt the FBI will stop following him anyway..

but wow that plan was smart, anther one in the notebook and L doesnt pick it up at all, or so we know of so far
Jun 30, 2009 3:09 PM
Feb 2009
Everything's cool but there has been one thing that's been bugging me from the start.

Isn't the "death note" a little too thin? I mean, what happens when he uses all of it? Can he erase the dead names and start all over again?

That'd better be the case, coz our little Light seems to waste it a little too recklessly, as seen in this episode and when he got angry at that fake L guy on TV.
Aug 5, 2009 7:43 AM

Aug 2009
slothaku said:
Isn't the "death note" a little too thin? I mean, what happens when he uses all of it? Can he erase the dead names and start all over again?

I looked at wiki - you can ask new sheets from God. But then was told that Death Note will never end.
Aug 7, 2009 1:09 AM

Jun 2009
slothaku said:
Everything's cool but there has been one thing that's been bugging me from the start.

That'd better be the case, coz our little Light seems to waste it a little too recklessly, as seen in this episode and when he got angry at that fake L guy on TV.

Who cares?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 24, 2009 4:40 PM

Oct 2009
Wow, Light is way too smart. The way he pieces everything together and covers himself up at the same time is just incredible. Another fantastic episode...this is addictive O.O
Nov 9, 2009 2:18 AM

Mar 2009
VERY clever with the touching of the paper from the notebook.
Great Episode. the next one should be good aswell..

Dec 26, 2009 9:57 PM

Jan 2009
I wonder when we'll see L's face? The mystery behind that guy is overwhelming I just want to know who he is and what he's like.

Light's stunt on the bus = brilliance.

I hope he doesn't kill that cop though. Then he really would be murdering in cold blood.

Feb 1, 2010 9:00 AM

Nov 2009
Clever and intelligent plan by light.. so hes the top scorer in exams, his family is well intact and hes popular with the girls... Usually anime characters have some sort of domestic issues or problems but light seems like an ideal person o.o.. Though i guess his morals and views can be considered naive in some ways.. That L guy seems smarter by abit though, and its suprising that he'd suspect something super natural straight away.. Though i guess I cant say L is smarter since he has alot more resources to work with as oposed to light on his own.
Feb 17, 2010 12:43 PM

Jan 2010
again amazing episode :D

i only hope he will not kill Ray Penber...he was only doing his job,he isn't a murderer

i hope Light will not turn into a crazy(er) dude than he is and trying to kill everything that can lead to his discovery by the police
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 17, 2010 12:01 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, way cool! This show is awesome so far. Light is pretty smart huh. I think it's unrealistic that L's been able to narrow the suspects down so far, nobody's that good a detective. If somebody had a Death Note in real life they'd never be caught. But I guess the show would be boring if Light didn't have an opponent equal to him. I'm stoked to see what happens next.
Mar 18, 2010 2:24 PM

Jan 2010
Light is a truely intelligent person. But, the sad thing is, so is L. They are two people with a very smart mind who are searching for each other. I cannot wait to see how it plays out.
May 2, 2010 5:22 PM

Mar 2010
clannad4ever said:
again amazing episode :D

i only hope he will not kill Ray Penber...he was only doing his job,he isn't a murderer

i hope Light will not turn into a crazy(er) dude than he is and trying to kill everything that can lead to his discovery by the police

Exactly what I was thinking. I love this anime so far! It is different because most shows you would side with the main character, but usually the main character is a hero stopping the bad guys. On the other hand, in Death Note the main character is technically a bad guy.
Animestuffs-1.png
May 20, 2010 2:35 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, just fucking wow, this is getting too awesome, neeext.
May 26, 2010 8:43 PM

Nov 2008
Wow. I'm amazed. I have a big grin on my face!
ClementIVMay 26, 2010 9:16 PM
Jun 25, 2010 9:24 PM
Jun 2010
this light is so smart J:D)
Jul 25, 2010 9:22 PM

May 2010
I hope he doesn't kill Ray Penber. While Light is an anti-hero, I still like him as a character. Truly "evil" acts would change my opinion.
Aug 21, 2010 11:39 PM
Jul 2009
What I'm yelling at the screen right now: "NO DON'T DO IT LIGHT! HE'S LETTING GO DAMN IT!"
Aug 26, 2010 6:59 PM
Jun 2010
brilliant, absoloutley brilliant. but i think if he kills Ray Penberg, then L is going to suspect that Kira knew that Ray was following Light, thus, making him suspect that Light IS Kira. i mean really, when Ray thought that it wasn't Light, i was like, "Light you idiot don't kill him or the fuzz will get ya!"

i feel so bad for that poor girl, he knew this was gonna happen, and he probably scarred her for life. how horrible to see such a site
Oct 4, 2010 1:11 PM

Feb 2010
That plan was just awesome, but he does not need to kill the inspector now anymore. And I think he wont.
Oct 17, 2010 1:13 AM

Oct 2008
Nice thinking.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 12, 2011 2:52 PM

Dec 2010
I don't know why is Kira making such a dangerous moves - like he's losing sanity and he's not even close to fulfilling his dream at this early point. In the same time Light doesn't even need to kill the agent, knowing that he's out of suspicions...
Apr 7, 2012 7:47 PM
May 22, 2012 12:18 PM

Sep 2011
The way Light made the FBI agent show his ID was fucking brilliant, though its a bit risky depending on how he handles the situation afterwards. If I were him, I would kill him off later in the future, not right after. (but hes probably already planning that considering how smart he is)
Jun 22, 2012 2:59 AM

Mar 2012
wow really good episode so intense...im loving the soundtrack too
Jul 31, 2012 3:23 PM

May 2012
Quite an intense episode and clever! Another great episode up to the next one :D
Sep 15, 2012 7:14 AM

Jan 2012
Awesome episode. Light is clever as hell. To think up such a plan...wow. The whole situation on the bus was pretty cool. As he said himself : death note never fails.

Sep 28, 2012 12:25 PM

Nov 2011
Haha, what a complicated plan.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 18, 2013 12:59 AM

Sep 2009
Knowing how thickheaded Light is, he is going to kill the FBI dude in one or two episodes....which will allow L to zero in on his location.

Kill the agent, and L knows exactly who Kira is instantly...
Jan 23, 2013 10:55 PM
Jan 2013
They should make an alternate series where L and Light team up lol.
Feb 11, 2013 9:30 PM

Feb 2012
Sabinlerose said:
Knowing how thickheaded Light is, he is going to kill the FBI dude in one or two episodes....which will allow L to zero in on his location.

Kill the agent, and L knows exactly who Kira is instantly...

This has been droning through my head since last episode. Right now Light seems more clever than L when it comes to running small gambits here and there, but L is abler to see the big picture.
Mar 13, 2013 4:53 PM

May 2012
Brilliant :)
May 1, 2013 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
Maybe the best episode from the beginning of the series,because we can see how liar Light can be.
The whole idea for killing that guy was very creative.
But now he wants to kill that Fb inspector,that's very bad.

In this episode i think we can see the real Light!i
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 8, 2013 1:32 AM

Oct 2012
Eyes+wings = real shinigami?
Wah, bleach what have you done? XD

Wah that planned so perfectly *_*
"Signature removed"
Jun 2, 2013 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
I can't help but compare this to Code Geass. I have a feeling where this is going.
Aug 7, 2013 1:16 PM

Jul 2012
Very thrilling episode indeed! It won't be my favourite show ever, but hella fun to watch! 5/5

One plot hole: What if the bus hijacker guy repeated what Ryuk was saying? Like what if he repeated Light's name? Then, that would prove that Light was an accomplice to the plan.

Another thing: I don't see why he has to kill Ray Jenber (did I spell that right) after Ray deems that Light is innocent in his book. It would seem more suspicious if the guy trailing Light dies right after. @_@ Oh well, we shall see.

PumpkinSmiley said:
I can't help but compare this to Code Geass. I have a feeling where this is going.

Yeah it's really similar in terms of strategizing :) Loving the logic and plans!
Aug 10, 2013 9:08 AM

May 2013
I think all the Inspector were just a trap. If the inspector dies the one that he is assign to is Kiri and i think Light fell in the trap of L
Nov 19, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
Light is so damn smart.
Dec 13, 2013 7:51 AM

Jan 2013
I don't understand the reason for killing Ray, if Ray dies it will be obvious that Light is the culprit. As the man following him died of whatever. Well true that all of them died and that they will have to go trough all of whom they followed, but then there's that lady.
Also L should know that anyone capable of all that has to have an high IQ so why doesn't he cross check the police and relatives/close to them with IQ's that they can gather or class results of each...
Jan 24, 2014 3:26 AM

Oct 2013
basically just bein faithful to the manga so far
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 17, 2014 12:09 PM
Oct 2008
There's something bugging me about this episode. Why couldn't that prisoner write "I know L is suspicious of the police"? - Light said it was because you can't write what you don't know... but he just instruced him to write a sentence, the same as prisoner #1. Long story short, if prisoner #1 worked, why didn't #6?
krayzeeFeb 18, 2014 6:03 AM
Mar 12, 2014 2:57 AM

Jan 2014
Loved it and am kinda surprised Light didn't accept the deal, and I wonder whether he will later on. I am as well surprised by his quick-wittedness. Superb :3
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 14, 2007

110 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 7, 2007

132 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

109 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 8:37 PM

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 24, 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.