Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 24, 2014 3:11 AM

Nov 2013
souledge94 said:
Fai said:
souledge94 said:
Wait what the hell I thought you could only be picked once?

No one said any such rule. As long as you have a servant, you are in the war. Its not even about "being picked", all that it takes to enter the war is correctly summoning a servant when grail is active. And all that it takes to stay in the war is having a servant contracted to you.

So basically if you can steal someone elses servent while you have the mark your good.

Yes. As long as the servant loses his master somehow, and you have command spells, you can re enter the war.
Jul 10, 2014 5:53 PM

Apr 2014
Aw yeah! Once Gilgamesh knocked down the pawn in front of the archer, I had a feeling he was strongly suggesting way before he suggested it in conversation.

Side note: Fate/Zero is a thousand times more satisfying after trying to get through the Fate Stay/Night VN. Cannot stand the MC and being stuck in his head. Constant "girls should do this" and "wow isn't she just shaped-- but I shouldn't say!" nonsense. Took away from the cool plot.
Jul 11, 2014 2:36 AM

Apr 2014
Forgetfulness said:
But Shirou is like way more developed than Kiritsugu is :<

While Kiritsugu only shows one method of being a superhero, we see Shirou go through three and only the first one appears to be annoying

Shirou has his good points (and certain aspects of his character are fascinating), but when he pisses me off beyond compare in ways that I find difficult to forgive that's saying something.

I'm like, nearly always able to find a way to empathize with ofter characters. To try to see it their way. To at least find intellectual or thematic value. But-- *enraged elephant noises*

Still haven't finished the VN though (~ more than halfway through Fate route), so uh, yeah. Maybe he gets better. I'd probably like him better if I wasn't stuck in his head listening to his thought processes. They drive me crazy.
Jul 11, 2014 3:09 AM

Aug 2009
currycurry said:
Forgetfulness said:
But Shirou is like way more developed than Kiritsugu is :<

While Kiritsugu only shows one method of being a superhero, we see Shirou go through three and only the first one appears to be annoying

Shirou has his good points (and certain aspects of his character are fascinating), but when he pisses me off beyond compare in ways that I find difficult to forgive that's saying something.

I'm like, nearly always able to find a way to empathize with ofter characters. To try to see it their way. To at least find intellectual or thematic value. But-- *enraged elephant noises*

Still haven't finished the VN though (~ more than halfway through Fate route), so uh, yeah. Maybe he gets better. I'd probably like him better if I wasn't stuck in his head listening to his thought processes. They drive me crazy.
Em the only one looks like has some "intellectual" value in FZ is Gilgamesh.Everyone else is "woe is me and my unreachable goals".

Except from the h-scenes, Shirou's thought process>everyone in FZ.
Jul 11, 2014 7:10 AM

Jul 2007
>F/0 characters
>Intellectual value

LUL.

The whole point of F/0 is that everyone is a dumb idiot with a tunnel vision.
Jul 11, 2014 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
Dude. Guys. I was talking about empathizing with characters in general, not just Fate/Zero. Haven't even finished the thing so please no engame critical analysis. Currenly just enjoying the Ride(r).

(Though if we're also talking in general, there is intellectual value in idiots. Such as what makes an idiot and how not to repeat similar mistakes and... You get the idea!)
Jul 11, 2014 3:37 PM

Nov 2013
Guys you really don't have to shit on F/Z to prove your point...
Jul 11, 2014 5:06 PM

Aug 2009
Botato said:

As you see, "Shirou is broken etc etc" doesnt always work so...
Jul 11, 2014 5:35 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
Botato said:

As you see, "Shirou is broken etc etc" doesnt always work so...
Eh.. Well..
Yeah I guess :|
Aug 16, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
It was great experience to see Emiya residence back then. And to know it was Iri who drew that circle on the floor there... I wonder what becomes of her though, her powers weakening already? It was just one Servent... but I guess it's due to the fact that this particular Assassin was in fact the many. Still, Illya seems to be much stronger than her.

And to watch Kirei who still denies his hidden nature... it was overly pleasant.
Aug 16, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
It was great experience to see Emiya residence back then. And to know it was Iri who drew that circle on the floor there... I wonder what becomes of her though, her powers weakening already? It was just one Servent... but I guess it's due to the fact that this particular Assassin was in fact the many. Still, Illya seems to be much stronger than her.

And to watch Kirei who still denies his hidden nature... it was overly pleasant.
Assassin counts only as one Servant.You probably compare her to Ilya thats why it seems weird.
Aug 18, 2014 3:42 PM

Nov 2012
Watching this episode gave the chills. The Emiya residence, Kirei's unconscious pleasure, and how he ultimately became a master again.
Aug 23, 2014 1:06 PM

Oct 2009
Great seeing Emiya household again :)

Dam Kirei you're totally dancing to Gilgamesh's tune now. That was some great dialogue though.
Sep 4, 2014 11:46 PM

Jan 2014
So Gilgamesh gives a deal or no deal proposal. Kirei made the right choice.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 6, 2014 8:54 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, it sure is good to have Kirei interested in someone other than Kiritsugu, that's a relief.
Dec 31, 2014 5:51 AM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
>F/0 characters
>Intellectual value

LUL.

The whole point of F/0 is that everyone is a dumb idiot with a tunnel vision.

>implying there is no intellectual value in "tunnel vision"
Being stubborn and in pursuit of one's single goal does not equal being without intellect. That line of thought casts aside all character value. And Shirou has tunnel vision just as much as everyone else in the Fate universe; his just changes depending on his experiences... also just like anyone else's would.

So far I am personally enjoying the philosophy in this much more than I did in F/SN.

Anyway, it's truly fascinating seeing Kirei like this and watching him develop into the character he is in F/SN. In fact, knowing how he is in F/SN, some of his lines towards the end were damn near shocking to actually hear him say.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 2, 2015 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that sets the stage for what will happen in the future. I think it better to enjoy the latest production Ufotable or Fate / SN UBW must look before this, but not because this series is the prequel, but to have the information that will be useful to understand and certain events that will be narrated in UBW.
Very good storytelling.
Drawings and excellent animations.
Jan 11, 2015 6:18 PM

Feb 2013
Gilgamesh explained my thoughts on objective reviews perfectly. If something piques interest, that is personal enjoyment - therefore basically every factor of visual media affects one's enjoyment in one way or another = there's always some subjectivity. Too many Kotomine's on MAL.
May 11, 2015 9:43 AM

Apr 2013
Only talking this episode and though the conversation was kinda interesting I hope the action returns soon :/
Jun 14, 2015 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
Almost fell asleep
Jul 28, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2015
I love how after watching Unlimited Blade Works, a lot of stuff is coming together and making sense.
Sep 3, 2015 12:00 AM

Jul 2014
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2015 2:22 AM

Jul 2007
Chaoyigon said:

Nope. The circle is not connected to her. Even if it was any other circle, Shirou would still summon her.
Oct 25, 2015 9:29 PM

Sep 2015
? for all the F S/N visual novel readers who are more knowledgeable than me. In the Heavens Feel route Kotomine know that he was a person who took joy in other people's suffering and unhappiness even before he killed his wife, as he said he regretted not killing her himself. F/Z take place years after this event yet Kotomine seems to be oblivious to the fact that other people's suffering brings him joy. Seems like a major contradiction to me, I know that the prequel is made by a different creator but I found this contradiction fascinating and wanted to get other peoples thought.

Episode was nice a but slower but it was nice to see the Emiya residence and the gil Keri convo was interesting as well.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Oct 26, 2015 2:18 AM

Aug 2014
He's still in denial about it being the only thing he desires. And see's it as something to reject and destroy, rather than embrace.
Oct 29, 2015 9:53 PM

Sep 2014
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
? for all the F S/N visual novel readers who are more knowledgeable than me. In the Heavens Feel route Kotomine know that he was a person who took joy in other people's suffering and unhappiness even before he killed his wife, as he said he regretted not killing her himself. F/Z take place years after this event yet Kotomine seems to be oblivious to the fact that other people's suffering brings him joy. Seems like a major contradiction to me, I know that the prequel is made by a different creator but I found this contradiction fascinating and wanted to get other peoples thought.

Episode was nice a but slower but it was nice to see the Emiya residence and the gil Keri convo was interesting as well.
he hadnt really embraced it fully then. i like to think of his transition in F/Z to be more like something of him "coming out of the closet" were as in the flashback with his wife and child still being in his "conflicted stages" he still tasted the yuetsu but he never fully came out til gil took his hand.
Jan 29, 2016 12:13 AM
Jan 2016
Good episode. Is it just me or did it feel like Archer wanted Kotomenei to cheat on Tohsaka >.>
Apr 28, 2016 4:17 PM

Nov 2015
[Re-watch | BD version]

Kiritsugu is a mastermind... really, the ultimate hitman. Still planning while eating his tasty burger.
The Light Novel gives more details about this and some other scenes. He has not slept at all since the war started. He's been using hypnosis in himself to induce a REM state so his mind can rest but still be aware of possible enemies.

Saber so happy by being able to drive the Mercedes jaja so cute.
Awww, poor Irisviel =( It's sad seeing her like this, all weak... but she still smiles.

Gilgamesh could really see through Kirei with such clarity... he predicted and then convinced Kirei of pursuing the Grail, turning against Tokiomi, his teacher. There were some various hints of this with the chess pieces of Archer and the pawns. Well, that and him playing with the Saber chess piece.

Jun 21, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2013
WisestOne said:
I love how after watching Unlimited Blade Works, a lot of stuff is coming together and making sense.

man Im kinda regretting watching the entire UBW while under the influence and so long ago! I should've immediately watched this after.. Im missing some of the stuff that is cool to see link between this prequel and that series.. any reminders w/o spoilers would be great haha.

QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

where is the flashback shown where Kirei kills his wife? Or the flashback you are speaking of?

Hmm this makes me want to read/watch/play (whatever you'd call it haha) the VN, just like I was tempted to do while watching UBW. Im sure I'd appreciate this series even more than I already do! Just like if I fully remembered all the small pieces of UBW haha.

a lot of dialogue which sometimes bums me out at first, but all the differing characters philosophies and how they contrast each other is incredibly interesting and refreshing! Wish they fleshed out character's beliefs and philosophies more often in animes!

So wait...Does Kayneth Archibald's wife really care about him? I mean she broke his finger all nonchalant... haha pretty intense and psychopathic looking.
Jun 22, 2016 4:58 AM

Jul 2007
dextronaut said:

So wait...Does Kayneth Archibald's wife really care about him? I mean she broke his finger all nonchalant... haha pretty intense and psychopathic looking.

While being under influence of mind control.

She is not his wife and she does not really care for him but most of her behavior is due to Darmuid's enchantment.
Jul 28, 2016 11:03 AM

Jun 2016
Kirei in the game again!
Sep 23, 2016 12:07 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but I'm not gonna lie. I was falling asleep in one of the scenes, but I was tired as hell.

It will be interesting how Emiya and Kirei will meet and how they'll approached each other.

Looks like war is about to begin. Can't wait for the next one!!!
Oct 19, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm Something I didn't expect fully happened, awesome now Its not so fucking typical.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 2, 2018 2:34 PM

Sep 2017
So, Assassin is dead, but Kirei needs another servant. Why not go for Saber? Or even better, what about Archer?

Quite a boring episode. 4 days and 18 hours remaining. Guess this won't be resolved in the final episode. So far, only one servant has been defeated and only the same servant died.

Archer/Gilgamesh puts some interesting points. Kirei was a person who tried to pursue different paths but never achieved mastery because he thought that it was worthless to pursue something he could achieve at any time. But, the reason why he contemplated about Berserker's master was because he felt that Matou's fate was without hope or achievement. In other words, he liked it when the odds were stacked against him and is envious of those who were experiencing the same fate.

A Masochist. Gilgamesh probably withheld telling the truth because that would only fuel Kirei's masochistic fetish.

If this ain't giving a good ending, I will give it a 6. Music and animation is good, but if we get a series of filler episodes at the end, this stuff is worthless AF.
JeremiahOrangeMay 2, 2018 2:45 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 18, 2018 11:15 PM

Sep 2013
Wow...what a boring episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 23, 2019 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
A lot of talking this episode, but not bad. We saw Shirou's future residence, aka the house which Iri and Saber visited. And Kirei got chosen by the Grail again.
Jun 12, 2019 10:38 AM

Dec 2018
A fate to obtain the grail.

That talk with Kirei and Gilgamesh with a snake eye was a great metaphor to Adam with the snake.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 7, 2019 12:37 PM

Sep 2014
Sad to hear Iri is getting weaker and weaker.
Liked the Archer and Kirei talk, Kirei is a really interesting character. Feels like Gilgamesh unleashed something he shouldn't have ...
nerfxAug 8, 2019 2:05 AM
Oct 4, 2019 11:19 PM

Nov 2014
why must they (archer) make the dialogues so confusing?? why can't they just say "assassin is dead"?? also i wish they actually explained that when the servant die, the master lose the mark. i was so confused until the end
Oct 8, 2019 12:38 PM

Jul 2017
guyklc said:
Wow, dialogue from start to finish. While not entirely unimportant, probably the least interesting episode so far. And it looks like Assassin is really dead.
lmao idiot who only likes action and can't follow dialogue.
Feb 2, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
Damn this gets more and more interesting......
Jun 9, 2021 10:34 PM
Jun 2020
Just when we all thought that assassin was finally gone, they reveal they're coming back.
Jun 27, 2021 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
Another great episode.
Most of this was just fine, but I loved the last conversation between gilgamesh and kirei. I now think gilgamesh is the most compelling character in this series.
Oct 30, 2021 2:29 AM

Dec 2012
Rider's NP is the same rank as Gil's GoB.
The 2nd stage has begun.
Kirei's work as a master is over.
Kiritsugu.
Gil in Kirei's room.
Maiya so fine.
Saber driving.
Dat new base of operations.
Iri avoiding to touch stuff.
Dat squeeze.
Kirei understands entertainment?
Kirei gets his command spell back.
Gil's eye.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 14, 2021 4:57 PM

Jun 2020
@okeanix tryin so hard 2 b gilgamesh 💀💀💀💀
Dec 28, 2021 11:00 AM

Jun 2019
Quite a lot of stuff talked about in this episode. Irisviel and Saber are at a new place for now and Kirei needs a servant now.
Apr 28, 2022 5:17 PM

Feb 2021
I don't get how people are falling asleep during the dialogue scenes, Kirei and Gilgamesh's conversations are like the only thing that's keeping me interested rn. Hopefully whatever development that comes out of it will hold up unlike everything else that's happened
Jun 12, 2022 11:07 AM
Nov 2020
Gilgamesh is one hell of a dude...actually I kinda like him...his entire demeanor is just interesting
Sep 16, 2022 7:41 AM

Dec 2018
i really don't like kirei very much, just seems like a bitter douche
for the missing piece, i take it caster's master was killed?
StateofOhayoSep 16, 2022 7:45 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

15 by SKILIFT26 »»
May 2, 5:14 PM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.