Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2010 8:26 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Going straight to finish, yeah!
_Ghost_Jul 22, 2016 7:37 PM
Goh'Dan
Oct 23, 2010 4:18 PM
May 2010
Hmm. What do you give a series where the first 23 episodes (give or take a prison break or Jim romance) are a solid 8, and the conclusion is a very high 10? A 9... or a 10?

I guess it depends on how good the last episode is.
Feb 18, 2011 5:22 PM

Aug 2009
this series really needed more of Harry. Oh well.
Jul 17, 2012 5:03 PM

Feb 2009
They are going too damn fast! And it is not a complain! Daaamn is this some of the best animation of the 90s TV or whaat?
Jan 11, 2013 3:21 PM

Jan 2012
A rather intense episode. Those new Gene's shells were awesome.

Aug 8, 2013 2:55 PM

May 2012
Yay we got to see Hilda again!! Who Gene apparently slept with... Interesting :)
Aug 19, 2013 3:51 AM

Jul 2013
Wrong Gene. You turned that one girl at the bar down when you were suppose to have the big duel between the first of the seven.
Aug 21, 2013 12:58 AM
Aug 2013
Even though I personally didn't like Harry that much it was still sad to see him go.
Sep 9, 2013 2:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The MacDougal brothers being dispatched was a bit underwhelming for me, I thought it'd be more impressive.

Good animation job though.

Looking forward to the end now. There's been a couple of death flags for Gene. I hope he doesn't die!
FarabeufSep 9, 2013 2:07 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 3, 2014 4:44 PM

Jun 2010
Geez, what's the point of bringing the MacDougalls, the best villains in the series, to the finale if they're just going to be swept away like that? And as has been the pattern, these super-assassins are not very interesting and die pretty quickly.

Doing the sympathetic death thing for Harry is a little fishy since he's always seemed like a psycho. It's tough to buy that he really loved Melfina and wouldn't end up murdering her if she sneezed too loud or something.

When did Gene and Hilda find time to sleep together? They did spend part of a night alone in a room together, but it was after that that Hilda mocked Gene's sexual potency in response to some flirting.

Well, maybe she just wasn't very impressed.
May 19, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
yeah, it looks like Leilong stands alone as the only impressive assassin. That guy took down the entire Outlaw Star crew then surrendered. He must've been leagues more powerful than the rest of the Anten Seven. >_>

And Gene, man... Gene would be fucked without his caster shells. That ain't even skill. That's just knowing how to use a gun.

All that aside, fantastic, thrilling episode. I think the episode did a great job in making me feel sympathetic for both Ron and Harry (for the first time in the series, I'm sure). I predict a tragic ending, however. Surely Gene knew the Outlaw Star wouldn't even be able to reach him, and I'd think Jim would have as well. It seems more like him making an excuse to get Jim out of there, because he knew he was done for. I'm seriously hoping I'm wrong in this prediction, but that's what the signs have been pointing to. ;-;

One episode left!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 6, 2015 7:38 PM

Feb 2010
That was the best preview ever:

"I have to put my money where my mouth is"
"Shit, I couldnt put my money where my mouth was"
Jul 8, 2015 12:45 PM

Nov 2011
fucking hell dude what's with so many DVD scenes in the BD??? dat shit ain't cool

if there's anything outlaw star sucks at, it would be the action scenes
and right when it's down to the last 2 episodes, fuck

but godDAMN seriously Outlaw Star plays out like an RPG so much that it's terrifyingly disappointing there's no Outlaw Star game
Nov 6, 2015 11:39 PM
Jun 2013
that boobie assassin fight was pure crap. The other encounters were a tiny bit better. Also dam harry got brutally killed.
Jul 28, 2016 11:53 AM

May 2008
I hate that I was right when it came to the rest of the Anten. Quickly killed off in the least interesting way possible.

This is what happens when you introduced villains so late in series and still try to goof off.
Jul 2, 2017 4:31 PM

Feb 2012
What did Hitoriga say during his final attack on Suzuka ? "Sakura Bloom"?

Aisha vs Jukai: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Typhoon.

Jukai looks like he's wearing an Aztec stone mask. Speaking of which, does gravity work weirdly here or is one of Harry's abilities walking vertically on walls? (he did that last episode) Gwen Khan walks at an angle on the stairs in this episode, too.

Funniest animation this episode:
Hazanko moving via Jukai's magic
harry running
Lazily using stills just before Gene faces Hamushi
Fortress_MaximusJul 2, 2017 4:40 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 29, 2017 2:35 AM

Jul 2008
Hot springs....gotta love them.
Sep 20, 2017 8:48 PM

Aug 2013
A lot of this finale feels hallow, these interactions with I guess the exception of maybe Harry and as rushed as it was Ron vs. Gene just didn't really hold any weight for me.
Nov 28, 2017 10:12 PM

May 2016
In my opinion it was the worst episode, they went wrong by putting fanservice near the end of the show.
Apr 2, 2020 12:00 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but unfortunately. It seems they weren't able to remaster all the scenes. In fact, there's more original DVD footage than BD footage compared to the past episodes, which all had BD remasters.

I guess they lost the source material?

Damn, so the original reason Suzuka followed Gene is because he attracted the pirates which she was looking for Hitoriga and to avenge her parent's death.

I thought they were twins, but I guess Hitoriga only copied Suzuka's face to remind her of what he did.

Aisha vs Jukai was intense. But of course Aisha won!

Hamushi underestimated Gene like that. That #4 shell was fucking awesome!!! Literally deleted her from existence!

I really don't like how they are making Harry a "martyr" out of this. Melfina never once called him and even was scared, but yet she seem to cared for him in dire times.

Never forget what Harry did. Even if he tries to redeem himself, I still hate this fucking bastard.

Gene sleeping with Hilda wasn't that much of a surprise. They were in their undergarments during that hotel scene in the first few episodes and it seems Gene won't forget what Hilda said to him before she died. Plus, Gene originally went after the Mcdougall brothers not just because of their possibly reason for his father's death, but to also avenge Melfina for betraying her in the first place.

Now it's Gene vs Ronald. Too many people interfering with Melfina. Hope Jim saves everyone and maybe go back to Sentinel III.

There's still that bar girl Gene :P

Final Episode! Let's do this!
Aug 14, 2020 4:06 AM

Jul 2017
Bad dudes get blasted away. That fight between Suzuka and the clone guy was pretty weird. Next: the end.
Jun 1, 2022 4:02 PM

Jan 2020
For a penultimate episode, nothing really seems all that epic. I'm not really even sure what we're rushing to achieve. Gene didn't even seem all that interested in getting to this point, so without any stakes there isn't much of an emotional investment for this finale.

Suzuka's fight was somewhat neat? Somewhat.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 19, 2022 7:35 AM
Jan 2017
These assassin suck. The only interesting Anten Seven. Where the first one who faked his death for no reason and never came back. Also the cat girl who used the cats to pilot the arms that disattach to attack the outlaw star. They only had an episode each yet there's more to draw from them than the rest of them put together.
Apr 12, 2023 12:30 PM
Sep 2007
Hot spring episode.

Cats like it warm, I get it. But bathing in... lava? is a little overkill.

That "dirty tape" was so hot it made the temple exploded, lol :D. At first I thought it was an illusion that will wear off near the end, revealing someone ugly.

Getting those caster bullets take a lot of effort. Hopefully 4 of them will be enough.
May 2, 2023 10:34 AM
May 2017
I feel sad for the MacDougal brothers. But it seem Gene father have been avenged. I can see now why Harry was crazy over her. He wanted a companion like him to exist.
Oct 7, 2023 11:20 PM

Jun 2021
Wtf this anime is going batshit insane through the final chapters, i'll search for melfina's song in youtube.
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

More topics from this board

Poll: » Outlaw Star Episode 20 Discussion

gohdan - May 25, 2010

21 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Apr 15, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Outlaw Star Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gohdan - May 24, 2010

51 by Seabury »»
Mar 12, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Outlaw Star Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - May 10, 2010

27 by Seabury »»
Feb 21, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Outlaw Star Episode 15 Discussion

gohdan - May 14, 2010

31 by Syntax_69 »»
Jan 26, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Outlaw Star Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

datsunvic - Jan 31, 2009

57 by Inner_Dragon »»
Jan 19, 3:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.