Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2023 8:01 AM

Oct 2017
It was falling devil lol. She seems op though. Also damn that backstory.
Mar 14, 2023 8:03 AM

Jan 2009
lol its the Falling Devil and not the Death Devil damn
Mar 14, 2023 8:09 AM

Mar 2021
FUJI COOKED LET HIM COOK MORE

Called it that it’s not the Death Devil, but Falling Devil? Bro that’s cool as Hell (🗿)

Falling not only physically but also FAILING in life?

That double spread is nuts

Fujimoto try not to have a traumatic flashback challenge level impossible

Denji’s gonna fall into the 5th dimension with how much trauma he has to face because of this Devil ☠️

Mar 14, 2023 8:09 AM
Jan 2023
THE FALLING DEVIL! This is the first devil in CSM that I am actually afraid of the concept it is based on. Primal fear for DAMN sure. This thing is gonna kill so many people. I hope Denji shows up to save the day sooner than later but knowing his past trauma, this devil may have an advantage on him. 2 week waits suck:(
Mar 14, 2023 8:10 AM

Jul 2021
what happened to yoru though, it seems she can't control asa anymore
Mar 14, 2023 8:11 AM

Jan 2016
damn, I thought it was going to be the Suicide Devil. This was unexpected and epic. That presentation with the chef hat was awesome.

They were sent from hell, and I need to know why.

Poor Asa, Fujimoto is making me feel sad for her. When she dies it'll be even sader now.
Mar 14, 2023 8:12 AM

May 2022
holy balls this chapter was good. more asa development?? new cool devil and devil design??? we were right to let him cook....

im curious to what the falling devil means by "i'm visiting at the request of the residents of hell", though.
Mar 14, 2023 8:13 AM

May 2022
Barrycade said:
it was previously stated that yoru cant take over asa when shes really scared.
Mar 14, 2023 8:14 AM

Jul 2021
sillywackygatto said:
Barrycade said:
it was previously stated that yoru cant take over asa when shes really scared.
thanks! I totally forgot about that
Mar 14, 2023 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
Asas backstory seems more and more sad with every entry. How selfish of that women to take away her cat cause "everyone lost family". The falling devil is cool as heck (didnt realise until now that falling indeed could be a primal fear). Sad that next chapter is in 2 weeks but I got used to it.
Mar 14, 2023 8:19 AM

Jun 2014
Crazy chapter, Fujimoto is cooking up some devious shit. Falling Devil is going to be another menace for sure. Also that backstory with the cat was fucked up 💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 14, 2023 8:21 AM

Apr 2019
This chapter was great. I loved the trippy visuals. The panel work was amazing. The falling devil seems crazy and extremely powerful. I wonder how they will defeat this thing. Also more traumatic Asa flashbacks. She really went through some horrible stuff.

Overall great chapter:-5/5
Mar 14, 2023 8:34 AM

Oct 2017
i really like this chapter but the same issue as always. i dislike that feeling of reading a short chapter. i don't care if it could go monthly, but i really like to read long chainsaw man chapters uwu
R&B Leyend
Mar 14, 2023 8:37 AM

May 2020
Figured he won't have death devil show up this early either way.. but falling devil thing was a total surprise. Though something was even more surprising, that fucked up childhood backstory of Asa.
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Nov 2013
LoL could anyone predict it to be "falling" devil??? Weird devil... How F-ing OP will the death devil be then?

Being human in this universe is getting more pointless and depressing day by day. How there's no chaos is a miracle.
Mar 14, 2023 8:42 AM

Jun 2019
Hello???? WHAT THE FUCK was this chapter. Holy shit.

FUJIMOTO actually COOKED. RIP Crambon. :'(
Mar 14, 2023 8:45 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
My reaction to this chapter

Mar 14, 2023 8:47 AM
May 2021
Damn!! Asa backstory oh my dayss this why CSM is peak shonen!! 🔥 2 more weeks to find out more about Asa & this falling devil!
Mar 14, 2023 8:52 AM
Jun 2016
The Hell returns? We will know the next week 👀
Mar 14, 2023 9:10 AM

Dec 2020
Oh it is the Falling Devil huh

It was a pretty short chapter
Mar 14, 2023 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
Falling Devil just makes me wonder how ridiculously OP the death devil is going to be
Mar 14, 2023 10:42 AM
Feb 2023
Allow me to begin cooking
Mar 14, 2023 11:38 AM

Oct 2016
i wasn't expect that lol, it'll be crack next chapter can't wait man
Mar 14, 2023 11:44 AM
Jun 2020
I fucking love the Falling Devil's design, it's so unique.

Also RIP Crambon ;-;
Mar 14, 2023 11:56 AM

Aug 2022
Poor Asa... I would have killed that woman with my new devil powers the moment I got them, if that happened to me. Killing her cat because she's not allowed to have family? How disgustingly selfish!
The falling devil looks horrific though! And definitely a terrifying concept! I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
Mar 14, 2023 1:16 PM

May 2015
What a mean orphanage owner. I hope that was mostly the falling devils manipulation and not the truth! I also love her design!
Mar 14, 2023 1:24 PM

Oct 2007
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
LoL could anyone predict it to be "falling" devil??? Weird devil... How F-ing OP will the death devil be then?

Being human in this universe is getting more pointless and depressing day by day. How there's no chaos is a miracle.
yes, someone was speculating falling or suicide ...

i am not fond of this erratic plot twist, the manga just takes sharp turns and goes any random direction mangaka chooses

forget predicting, only leaks work
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2023 1:34 PM
Jul 2020
FUCK I HATE THAT BITCH THAT KILLED ASA'S CAT
Mar 14, 2023 1:39 PM

Aug 2020
4/5

We're in the thick of it now, aren't we? the plot has progressed tremendously over past couple of chapters in typical Fujimoto fashion and all I can say right now is, let the man cook bruh

So many theories regarding who could the headless devil in the last chapter be and there were a few shout outs for height devil which partly came true but more so in the form of "Falling" or "Fall" devil which in all honesty is far more interesting than something just tame & one-dimensional like "suicide" or "height" devil, mostly because it encapsulates both of them in one swift package. Seeing how it's power worked at the end, it's more akin to something like gravity (falling), so a gravity/falling devil perhaps? Falling down is a pretty common primal fear not just literally as in "falling down" or the basic fear of heights but psychologically and emotionally speaking as well. Falling can be attributed to various other concepts such as fall of humanity, being emotionally worn out, failing in life, depression or even suicide. Humanity has always inadvertently feared one's own downfall and i can see how fujimoto related the concept of Falling with a primordial devil. Think about the Darkness devil, the first primal devil we encountered in the story. Sure in hindsight, it was just the fear of darkness, plain & simple, right? but it encapsulated other similar fears such as fear of unknown or fear of space or void so it's not farfetched to assume that Falling could be represented in various different ways too.

As for the devil reveal itself, it gave me some hardcore International assassin's vibe but more sinister. The head plucking was funny & brutal at the same time, the classic fuji combo, a chef's kiss. Since she mentioned death and lines such as "at the request of residents of hell", it's fair to assume she should be working for Death and it's eventual resurrection on July of 1999 as prophecised. I also like detail of blood constantly dripping out of falling devil's eyes, nose and mouth, fits the concept of falling and gravity perfectly. I don't why but Fujimoto might've based the whole chef personality from the recent movie "The Menu(2022)", where some dialogues felt similar. I wouldn't be surprised since he referenced a scene from It Follows, a chapter or two ago. A movie buff indeed!!

The Asa backstory felt sudden and out of place but oh boy, was it brutal. We find out Asa spend some time in the orphanage and is technically still an orphan. A detail that most of us probably forgot about and to rub more salt to the wounds, the cat she saved is taken away and killed in the most twisted logic only Fujimoto can conjure up. In part 1, he atleast pardoned Meowy of it's premature death but no such luck for Crambon here folks. He is showing zero signs of restraint in part 2 for Asa and her backstory

The few last pages were a trip. Asa literally falling down upside down with many others following her suit. As falling devil puts it, it's something to do with trauma which again reiterates my understanding of it's abilities. People floating, as in NO GRAVITY or being pulled upside down towards another realm(possibly hell because of the doors). Asa is clinging on for her dear life as Yoru consoles her. A bit of predicament this but man it's an exciting time to be a CSM fan

Break next week but LET THE MAN JUST COOK!!!
2Birds1StonedMar 14, 2023 5:33 PM
Mar 14, 2023 3:07 PM

Apr 2016
Awesome chapter, are the people going through those doors being sent to Hell?
The Falling Devil is freaking creepy looking
Mar 14, 2023 4:04 PM

Nov 2021
that is some mighty good chapter. Loved seeing more of Asa's backstory
Mar 14, 2023 4:08 PM

Aug 2021
little asa backstory and some falling devil action... interesting... great chapter
Mar 14, 2023 4:22 PM

Feb 2014
"Are you scared? Did you try not being scared?"

Mar 14, 2023 4:26 PM
Sep 2015
Let Fujimoto cook! I definitely didn't predict it to be the Falling Devil. *chef's kiss*

I can't help but think of Patema Inverted seeing people falling into the sky.

Poor Asa, her backstory gets worse.
Mar 14, 2023 4:34 PM

Sep 2011
I've enjoyed how low key this part has been but im glad we are getting into the more wild shit and this chapter feels like it really upped the ante. Its just a cool set piece and I really hope this means that all the fights are gonna be closer to this going foreword.

Also holy shit how is Asa's life just so shit, every time i think I cant feel worse for her theres always something new.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 14, 2023 4:48 PM

Oct 2007
Why is war so weak? Or is this a weapons devil? Toy sword?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2023 5:11 PM

May 2019
Are they supposed to be falling into hell? Primal fear devils are built different bruh.
Mar 14, 2023 5:17 PM
Feb 2022
Asa ha tenido una vida horrible. El demonio de la caída fue el responsable. Asa no puede depender de Yoru en esta pelea. Deberá ser valiente y afrontarlo ella.
Mar 14, 2023 5:34 PM

Aug 2020
JudgeRuthless said:
Why is war so weak? Or is this a weapons devil? Toy sword?

It's weak because parts of it was consumed by chainsaw man and was erased. That's why she wants to bring back nuclear weapons back (which is a part of her)
Mar 14, 2023 5:48 PM

Mar 2015
let the bodies hit the floor
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 14, 2023 5:57 PM
Oct 2020
Of all the devils I was thinking of besides of death I did not to be the falling devil.
Mar 14, 2023 6:04 PM
Oct 2019
Crambon rip >:,((((((
Mar 14, 2023 8:35 PM

Feb 2022
Poor Asa, he loved that cat very much but that disgusting woman drowned him, this chapter showed me that gravity in this manga is very strange
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Mar 15, 2023 2:57 AM

Apr 2022
lmao they said it was the death devil, fujimoto said sike!! but he cooked fr. damn the asa flashback was rough, anything but the cat :/ falling devil looks very creepy yet cool, intrigued to see more.
LET HER AND FUJIMOTO COOK.
Mar 15, 2023 6:34 AM

Oct 2007
ryzxgum said:
lmao they said it was the death devil, fujimoto said sike!! but he cooked fr. damn the asa flashback was rough, anything but the cat :/ falling devil looks very creepy yet cool, intrigued to see more.
Seems more like those things are ethereal and form their bodies through assembly of human body parts. See darkness for example.
Mar 15, 2023 6:46 AM

Apr 2022
JudgeRuthless said:
ryzxgum said:
Seems more like those things are ethereal and form their bodies through assembly of human body parts. See darkness for example.
i mean yeah, if the 4 panels where some lady's head was ripped off and attached on to the devil didn't give it away lmao.
don't see how this changes what i said.
Mar 15, 2023 6:55 AM
May 2022
But why was killing the cat necessary? Like bruh it was just chillin
Mar 15, 2023 9:56 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, the cat part hurts. Poor Asa, can't take a break from suffering.
Mar 15, 2023 11:35 AM
Mar 2022
Since the falling devil is shown as a chef. Then maybe a devil's look has nothing to do with what kind of devil they are. Which creates more suspense about what devil pochita actually was before meeting denji.
Mar 15, 2023 4:19 PM

Oct 2007
ryzxgum said:
JudgeRuthless said:
i mean yeah, if the 4 panels where some lady's head was ripped off and attached on to the devil didn't give it away lmao.
don't see how this changes what i said.
They could assemble themselves in different shapes and forms. It's like building your own car. You're not the car.

They all look creepy.

Anyway, what was that thing dangling in the front between its legs?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 164 Discussion

jas-samaaa - 4 minutes ago

0 by jas-samaaa »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 83 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Sep 4, 2020

69 by Virtecek »»
Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Aug 28, 2020

101 by Virtecek »»
Yesterday, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuma - Aug 21, 2020

159 by Virtecek »»
Yesterday, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kuma - Jul 31, 2020

126 by Virtecek »»
Yesterday, 11:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.