Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2021 11:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jahy-sama can be so sensitive in her form that it's rather cute.

Looks like another episode with her experimenting with a normal life on Earth. Salwa is also comedy gold in this show, almost on the same level of Jahy-sama herself. Oh and the Landlady is still intimidating as ever lol
Aug 28, 2021 11:43 AM

Jan 2021
I can't believe we could find another guy with more bad luck than Jahy 😂
If I get killed by that giant puppy I'd die happy

Typical, you go to try to screw someone over and you end up paying rent and working for her xd

Sht, after this I got hungry too heheh
Very funny episode as always

Aug 28, 2021 11:46 AM

Apr 2014
Are there any sane demons out there?? lmao
Poor Salwa. Trying to destroy Jahy's reputation!? No way, because her reputation was destroyed by Jahy herself already. 🤣
The commercial district is surely dangerous to your money when everything looks delicious.

And, the last part about Jahy being a mangaka. Is that the real experience from the mangaka herself?? That's looking pretty interesting.
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 28, 2021 11:56 AM

Jan 2018
No wonder the demon world fell when all the demons are like this!

Another great episode and just the kind of fun I wanted. jahy is as crap with money as I am. lol
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Aug 28, 2021 12:00 PM
Jun 2019
I want kisses from that puppy, best puppy kisses are from the big ones.
Aug 28, 2021 12:17 PM

Feb 2020
Salwa. xD I couldn't help but laugh at her.

SerafosJan 13, 3:33 AM
Aug 28, 2021 12:21 PM

Jul 2017
The demon that's always behind Jahy, Saurva has arrived to take Jahy's rightful No. 2 place of the Demon Realm, but of course, being in the Human Realm, she is the same misfortuned karma as ever be.

BUT...acting like a dog in the Human Realm...NOPE. She's gonna get tormented by this dog who drank her potion worth 3 months of hard work. Another attempt of a transfiguring medicine to ruin her reputation, and it's already spoiled even before she transformed into her. Landlady Ryou's rent-paying affair and the storeowner's Izakaya part-time job, all that was done to inadvertently raise her reputation...while the real Jahy overslept.

Living expenses for Jahy is always a problem, and that if you only have 306 yen. Is she earning quick money or spending money quick in the shopping district? More like the food consumption is conquering her more faster than the Great Jahy could muster in multiples of 100 yen food. You could've asked the storeowner for your early paycheck if money is an issue, learn to budget your money Jahy!

The real life account of Jahy-sama's mangaka that Jahy, Druj and Ryou is trying to imitate, WOW THIS IS META!
Aug 28, 2021 12:26 PM

Dec 2020
I just love the manager how kind she is with jahy, Saurva has turned into jahy and how she pay her remt for her and work more than jahy was so cool to see.

They show us how jahy is drawing her manga was nice to see.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 28, 2021 12:49 PM

Feb 2019
Lmao lesson learnt for Salwa, no one can replace Jahy, and nobody should ever want to either. Glad someone finally asked about Jahy’s outfit tho
Aug 28, 2021 1:10 PM

Aug 2018
salwa kinda lookin like naoto from persona 4 ngl

mogu mogu

🍙🍙
Aug 28, 2021 1:11 PM

May 2021
Another great episode today! This guy has around 100x more bad luck than Jahy as well lol. All the characters in the show have very distinctive motives and personalities which I love also. Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 28, 2021 1:26 PM

Dec 2017
the after credits scene is personally attacking me.
Aug 28, 2021 1:26 PM

Nov 2011
So glad this is back. The giant dog was pretty funny.

Jahy running on minimum funds was pretty funny as well.

The manager is a God Send in this anime though. Letting Jahy have her salary early is nice af.

The after credits scene was gold. A little bit of what Mangaka go though sometimes lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 28, 2021 1:29 PM

Oct 2020
Heh, poor Salwa. Coming up with these sophisticated plans to denounce Jahy but, unexpected circumstances always ruin them. I love the scene where Jahy was cursing the various food stall owners while simultaneously enjoying the food. Everyone from the dark realm so far seems somewhat incompetent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2021 1:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally the "enemy" appeared, it's hilarious how she wants to ruin Jahy's reputation but just does the exact contrary lmao. Jahy should learn to managed her budget xD and hahaha they reflected the author's life with the post-credit scene, that was great
Aug 28, 2021 1:37 PM

Apr 2018
New character introduced, clumsy Salwa. No matter what she does to defeat Jahy, she'll fail! xD Poor girl..
Pretty funny how she just made her reputation a thousand times better. While she did that, Jahy was sleeping without a care to the outside world.
Short on money, 301 yen in total. Jahy tries to look for a way to make money but ends up spending it all on food. This was just hilarious.

After credit scenes are anime original and damn im lovin them xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 28, 2021 1:45 PM

Nov 2019
So Sarwa drops an important item because she wanted to raise a hand and say "Stop". Then openly goes to Jahy places without considering meeting her until the very end. I guess Jahy wasting money on foodies was all she could contribute to this episode, because enough with crystal adventures. Oh, some dog went big so there could be a new running (literally) gag for the new character. Blonde girl has only one role, find 1000 ways of asking about rent. Store manager has one role, keep ara araing. Druj is just... there. Apparently Jahy was often presented as an oppressor in the Dark Realm, but many events prove otherwise. Like actually caring for subordinates, talking with puppies, gaining genuine respect (not the one just out of fear). This kept me interested. But no more, I have little patience to go along with this. Goodbye!
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 28, 2021 1:53 PM
Nov 2019
I realised I'm a simp for Durj when I enjoyed just one scene of her than the whole episode
Decent episode though was excited for Salwa's intro somehow it felt bland
Aug 28, 2021 2:11 PM

Dec 2016
So, the trend for this show is to introduce a new character from the other world that coincidentally each is just even dumber than Jahy? I dunno chief, the boke/tsukomi routines clearly call for the dumb and the retort guy, not dumb & dumber.

A lot of people call this a weaker Devil is a part timer, but I see it as a weaker Gabriel Dropout, and what made Gabudrop memorable was that the 4 main girls' personalities did complete each others' routines.

I'm just sticking around to see if the magical girl at least makes any sense in this kind of show and hoping she's not as braindead as Druj or Salwa.
Aug 28, 2021 3:00 PM

Apr 2013
Haha Salwa's impersonation of the Great Jahy was perfect at times, loved how she immediately stumbled into Jahy's landlord. Jahy could not have acted more Jahy like in this encounter in the beginning till Salwa gave up because the landlord gave her pure terror. Jahy only would have tried to de-escalate and resisted a little longer.
Salwa being suprised how Jahy can be so "Evil" for not paying her rent. This entire scene was hilarious
Later after a hard day of work at Jahy's workplace she cries in the arms of Jahy's boss, also a very Jahy thing to do lol

Jahy on the other hand suffered from the "Unavoidable" expenses of hers in recent time and makes more "Unavoidable" expenses with her last 306 yen... tough life

Won't lie, Salwa got some nice curves too and is pretty cute

Like a Bully taking another kids Lunch money lmao... i wonder if the landlord was a bully in school
DelusionalUzumeAug 28, 2021 3:08 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 28, 2021 3:24 PM

Jan 2020
I love this show

Salwa is very entertaining so far and I really liked the parts where she tried to ruin her reputation. I like recurring characters being a big part of the comedy

The food looks so good as well :( I wish I was there

And I'm hoping they keep the skits at the end of episodes since I enjoy those

Aug 28, 2021 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
Just when you thought it couldn't get more pathetic, Salwa pulls up.

Jahy being weak when it comes to food was hilarious too xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 28, 2021 4:14 PM
Sep 2020
This episode was hilarious. I love how Jahy spent her 300 yen on things she unintentionally bought and only realized what she had done after xDD
Aug 28, 2021 4:24 PM

Jul 2016
Those sure were two long weeks, huh? Was really missing this show.

Anyways, another lovely episode. Salwa's clumsy personality is really adorable and yes! finally someone said something about Jahy's risky outfit xD Honestly, I'm surprised there is still no segment with our adult Jahy-sama being accused of exhibitionism lol.
Aug 28, 2021 5:02 PM

Jun 2021
Funny episode, but not as funny as the first 3 IMO.

Saurva was OK, but it was a hard act to follow after Jahi/Druj were hilarious in the past couple episodes. Part B was OK too, although the jokes were a little repetitive.
Aug 28, 2021 5:29 PM

Sep 2019
that big dog reminded me of Sadaharu lol
Aug 28, 2021 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
Salwa be passing by Jahy-sama The idea was quite daring lol, the dog getting big after he licked the puddle it got really big.

Always when Jahy-sama always appears funny the way she acted in situations with the money with the rent payment.
Aug 28, 2021 6:25 PM

Apr 2015
Salwa was funny, not only did she fail to leave a bad impression on the people who know Jahy, she actually helped them. If I can pick one way to die, I want to be jumped on by a gigantic dog. Couldn't be a better way.
Aug 28, 2021 7:19 PM
May 2020
this honestly warms my heart
Aug 28, 2021 10:09 PM

Aug 2019
Interesting introduction to Salwa and her mission to take Jahy's no.2 spot. However combined with some serious Luck Rank E- is always facing misfortune to some ridiculous degrees. First after getting intimidated by Jahy pampering a dog and dropping her potion she took 3 months to make, only for the same dog to sip a little and pounce on her. Then while trying to ruin Jahy's reputation, realizes Jahy is stacked, then ends up begging for her life and paying Jahy's rent, doing part time for Jahy, then getting free therapy from manager-sand and a meal home.
I can't tell if Salwa got a win today or not.

Jahy constantly living on the edge with her funds is a mood, love how she priorities food first, though causing her to be flat broke and ending up having manager-san give her hugs and early pay. Man we all need a manager-san in out lives.
Aug 29, 2021 12:16 AM

Jun 2019
A new character Salwa appeared whose main motive is to defeat Jahy-Sama and take over the Demon Realm. Salwa helped Jahy's reputation in her form instead of ruining it. LOL. Jahy-Sama doesn't have any money left. So, she went out in search of a way to earn easy money. But, she ended up spending all of the 306 yen she had.

This show is so cute. I can't help but love little Jahy more and more with each episode.
Aug 29, 2021 1:52 AM

Apr 2020
Shopping districts are a hazardous place for our wallets confirmed.
Aug 29, 2021 3:14 AM

Oct 2017
Enter Salwa, a dumb and unfortunate but amusing girl. Her antics were pretty funny. Also Jahy really needs to start manage her money better. The post credit scene with the parody was quite fun.
Aug 29, 2021 4:51 AM

Oct 2016
Welp, RIP to The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated, it's gonna get axed, it's been a good run. Pretty good episode! Saurva really didn't know what she was getting into when she impersonated Jahy. Jokes on her, Jahy's reputation is already ruined, her reputation's so bad that she accidentally made it better lmao.

Poor Jahy can't catch a break, plus she has no self control. Good thing Manager-san is there for the save.
Aug 29, 2021 6:07 AM

Jul 2014
Well, as expected, everything Salwa did only bettered Jahy's reputation, rather than worsen it. I feel like I should have found it a lot funnier than I actually did, but I'm very much used to that sort of comedy based around the gap in expectations and reality. Given the hook for the second half of the episode, though, it's a good thing that Salwa paid Jahy's rent for her, otherwise Jahy really would be starving to death.

Honestly, I'm starting to think this show needs a bit more focus. It feels like we're being introduced to new comedic segments and interactions before the existing ones have been given time to settle into the show's overall dynamic. I think the show really could have benefitted from introducing new characters more slowly than this to better form its identity before mixing things up.
Aug 29, 2021 7:45 AM
May 2021
Well I guess salwa stole our heart innit?
Aug 29, 2021 10:08 AM
May 2016
Well Saurva was funnier than Druji, hopefully if they introduce more funny characters like her this will become watchable.
Aug 29, 2021 11:08 AM

Apr 2012
u know when Jahy was in the food district and she spend the 300 yen, i felt bad for her BUT what i wanted to see was,
after she spend the 300 yen, they would show a shop that sells a massive sandwhich with a lot of fillings and she would be like 'why i had to spend my 300 yen on thoses other things'
if that happened i would have give it +1 xD
Aug 29, 2021 2:42 PM

May 2013
I just don't know what to think about this. The comedy and situations keep being repetitve and just unfunny, we get one boring archetype character after another and everyone of them has one single, simple purpose in the story so it makes literally every scene kind of predictable what really bothers me. There is just nothing really refreshing or interesting to see here if you already saw hataraku maou-sama, gabriel dropout and dragon maid. Somehow I still want to stick around but I don't think I can bring up enough motivation for the next ep
Aug 29, 2021 10:24 PM

May 2015
Every episode I feel sorry for Jahy. Hopefully the end of the story is her becoming rich.
Aug 29, 2021 10:30 PM

Mar 2021
I'm still neither loving nor hating this show... but that was some grade A voice acting when Jahy was eating that meat bun. Absolutely slew me.
Aug 30, 2021 4:48 AM
Oct 2019
Salwa ended up helping Jahy lol...

Bruhh that Nikuman scene made me hungry. god damn Anime food looks so good.

Lmao that After Credit Scene is the best, they really need take care of Mangaka Health.
Aug 30, 2021 5:00 AM
Oct 2019
TheIsOtaku said:
I just don't know what to think about this. The comedy and situations keep being repetitve and just unfunny, we get one boring archetype character after another and everyone of them has one single, simple purpose in the story so it makes literally every scene kind of predictable what really bothers me. There is just nothing really refreshing or interesting to see here if you already saw hataraku maou-sama, gabriel dropout and dragon maid. Somehow I still want to stick around but I don't think I can bring up enough motivation for the next ep

I think you watching the wrong anime if you have this problem, yeah maybe this just not for your taste.
Aug 30, 2021 9:12 AM

Oct 2013
Another enjoyable episode! I always thought the side of her hair was just her hair sticking out. I can't believe it's part of her skull...
Aug 30, 2021 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
"A cosplayer is being attacked by a giant dog!"

Aww, so we missed out on seing her crush Jahy as a Giantess...

If it were a different genre, she'd be going around doing petty crime while in Jahy's form.

The post-credits are very meta

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 30, 2021 2:15 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Salwa has returned to destroy Jahy and ruin her reputation after so many failed attempts. Only this time Salwa inadvertently help Jahy's reputation after impersonating as Jahy. Jahy on the other hand makes the mistake of spending the last of her money on food. The after credit scene of Jahy being a manga artist was really good.
Aug 30, 2021 4:59 PM
Feb 2020
I can't help but imagine that post credit scene was put there intentionally after the delay last week
Aug 31, 2021 3:56 AM

Oct 2008
Salwa is also adorable!
Jahy-sama can't resist the temptation of good food on the shipping district!
more money problems for Jahy-sama! poor her! give her some love Store Manager with melons!
5/5.

Aug 31, 2021 11:18 AM
Jan 2021
poor Salwa, instead of ruining jahys reputation she helped it
Aug 31, 2021 2:23 PM

Jun 2021
It's always nice when a new characters is introduced. In this case, Salwa seems like a loveable underdog that is too kind- hearted to succeed in her evil plans towards Jahy.

Apart from that, Jahy not being able to save money is sad yet funny; I'm glad the Manager was as nice as always and paid her in advance.

Last but not least, that post-credits scene parodying the life of a mangaka was irony at its best, and I live for that, so I appreciated it very much.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2021

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2021

81 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 25, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jul 31, 2021

158 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 24, 8:52 PM

» Can i ask something...

Ghefira - Feb 12

5 by Ghefira »»
Apr 6, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2021

107 by wellan44 »»
Mar 31, 3:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.