Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2021 11:37 AM

Apr 2018
Let's just hope Tsukasa doesn't get the Pidgeot treatment :3
Mar 25, 2021 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
I'm impressed with the fact that it lasted with just 11 episodes, yet all of them were quality-filled bangers back to back. There aren't many short Anime that can maintain such high consistency like this.

It was a fun season, looking forward to the next one!
Mar 25, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2013
Disliked most of the season, then again I wasnt a huge fan of the first season so maybe I should just stop watching Dr Stone entirely. I’ve heard it gets better from this point on so I’ll either force myself to watch season 3 or just read the manga at some point.

We seriously went from making basic science and ramen noodles to building vehicles within a few months with everything working out for our main characters. Not only was the pacing of the story accelerated but it also felt like the main conflict between both groups was trivial.

If I considered season 1 to be a 7/10, I cant rate season 2 higher than a 6/10.

Btw the bots spamming 1/5s on every episode thread across all anime is getting out of control.
Mar 25, 2021 12:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep, as expected. Another continuations for the Dr.Stone franchises. No way its ended up like that. The story wised enough to began again. They made everything convinience and convincing to continue what they've built-up so far. Tsukasa, the strongest high school primate, forced to be the device to motivate Senku to exploring the end of the world. In order to revived him, in order to unraveling the mystery behind the petrification beam.

Its a huge goal. But, nothing can't be done by Senku and his kingdom of science citizens, right?

A lot of decreased matters happened in this season, especially when its come to the numbers of the episode (The reason may goes to the too much convincing plot, and too shounenish standard of pattern. Especially when its comes down to Tsukasa-Hyoga drama, worsen by Senku idealism. But, heck, who cares that. As a physic and science technology geek, let the number of episodes become my one and only reason to sugarcloated the bad things. Lol xD). Everything seems to be too fast too this time. But, as my mostly high scores come from the hype of the next possible season. Idk if its need one year, two, or three, or forever. I will wait, and see.

So, in the end, a great general scores means good enough to depict this season alone.
Sarabada....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 25, 2021 12:21 PM

Sep 2017
Everything about this last episode of the season was lovely.
But I really want to see my man Ryusui in action man,can't wait to see the next season.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Mar 25, 2021 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
I love the infinite trust Kohaku has for Senku. Best girl!

So overall, I think I enjoyed this action-oriented season more than the first one. See you in S3!
Mar 25, 2021 12:42 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The Stone Wars arc is finally over, but Tsukasa is in bad shape as he took a fatal blow from Hyoga's spear. One of the disadvantages of the stone world is the lack of access to modern medicine and this isn't a fantasy series where you can use a healing spell to fix wounds. Senku decides to put Tsukasa in a cryogenic state and preserve his body with a human freezer or stasis pod. The plan is to revive Tsukasa via petrification, but they need to more about it before go forward with reviving Tsukasa. This leads into the Age of Exploration arc in which they will build a ship and travel the farthest reaches of the stone world.

I can't wait for Season 3 and hopefully it will more than 1 cour. Shout out to TMS for bringing this series to life.
Mar 25, 2021 12:42 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty nice finale to end the season.

Mind-boggling science and touching moments, this is when Dr. Stone is often at its best imo. Freezing Tsukasa for who knows how long after that emotional "chit-chat" really hit me. Mirai-chan pledging to protect her brother was a nice addition too. Music choice and the flow of progression was on point.

Meanwhile, Kohaku's boundless trust for Senku and likewise Homura for Hyoga xD was nice to see. Tsukasa proving he's quite the mastermind himself by remembering exactly where he killed people and condolences to the active one who was bombarded with puzzle duties lol.

Dr. Stone becoming lowkey One Piece, I'll take that lol. "To be continued" plus a revelation of a character, whoo how very interesting indeed.

All in all, it's been another great season of Dr. Stone. Definitely inferior to the likes of the first season but more than serviceable in its own right. Thanks to the studio for quality animation, VAs for their work and the Op/ED choices were great once again.

Easy and solid 8/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 25, 2021 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Dang, that scene where Tsukasa dies is so well done. Brought a tear to my eye.
Mar 25, 2021 12:46 PM

Nov 2016
Dr. Stone again with the feels. Same can be said about the greatness of the adaptation.

Hope the team keeps this up for S3 as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2021 12:48 PM
Oct 2014
Porzio said:
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
Cryogenic freezer is bs. People turning into stone is one thing but this is going too far. Author is taking too many liberties especially since Senku prides himself on using science and not magic

I think you got it wrong: Tsukasa died and his body was frozen in order to preserve it. Ofc there’s a “magica/sci-fi” element in this story, the petrification ray, and ofc he can take liberties with that, he invented it lol
you’re right. I didn’t know tsukasa actually died. So Senku in his right mind is trying to bring back to life a corpse?! Why is everyone so casual about it? Oh well if petrification can fix a brain dead person then I guess this is possible to. As long he isn’t trying to preserve a living body with a makeshift refrigerator then I’m happy
Mar 25, 2021 1:03 PM

Sep 2018
This season it's even better than the previous one, why tf are like 50% of votes hating it?
I keep moving forward
Mar 25, 2021 1:35 PM

Feb 2020
Are some trolls voting 1/5 on this topic? I mean why?

Anyway, excellent episode of an excellent season, the conversation of Tsukasa and Senku made me cry so much, man... that OST was great, very excited for the third season!

10/10 for me.

Just a random guy who likes random stuff (ᐛ)و
Also, nice to meet you ;)
Mar 25, 2021 1:59 PM

Jun 2020
I went through this season thinking it was mediocre, but it ended on a surprisingly strong note. I'll probably check out season 3 just because those last 2 episodes piqued my interest.
Mar 25, 2021 2:14 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
It's gonna be interesting seeing Senkuu and the gang sail across the Earth next season.
Mar 25, 2021 3:03 PM

Feb 2021
That was a great finale. The scene with Tsukasa's death made me tear up ngl. I can't wait for season 3!

I might try reading the manga while waiting for season 3, anyone knows what chap it continues?
Mar 25, 2021 3:04 PM

Feb 2018
NGL, thought most of this season was a little underwhelming, but the last few episodes made up for a lot of that, at least for me.

Loved almost all of the Senku-Tsukasa moments in particular. Off to sea!
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Mar 25, 2021 3:24 PM

Apr 2015
Those final Tsukasa/Senku moments were rather emotional. More emotional than I had expected! I didn't expect Senku to think of freezing Tsukasa to preserve his dead body. Until we meet again Tsukasa.

This episode had some solid Kohaku shots. Love it!

Overall a great season, battle was pretty cool and it had some really nice combination of seriousness and comedy just like S1. Pacing felt a bit off at times, especially with the climax of the battle, felt like it was over so incredibly quick. Nonetheless, 9/10, can't wait for the exploration arc!!
Mar 25, 2021 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
Felpzz said:
Are some trolls voting 1/5 on this topic? I mean why?

Anyway, excellent episode of an excellent season, the conversation of Tsukasa and Senku made me cry so much, man... that OST was great, very excited for the third season!

10/10 for me.

It's best not take this site's score seriously lol.
Mar 25, 2021 3:40 PM

Aug 2015
7/10.

Good but the first one was a lot better. I do enjoy this series a lot but (as many people think, myself included) the fights and action scenes are not a strong aspect of this series, but rather the creation and discoveries that Senku does.There was a lot of plot conveniences and the inventions were not the biggest point this time around.

Even then I am hyped for S3. We One Piece now.
Mar 25, 2021 3:49 PM

Dec 2012
Senku will be science king of the pirates
Mar 25, 2021 3:56 PM

Mar 2018
amazing episode to finish off the season

i was not expecting tsukasa to be cryofrozen though lmao that whole scene talking to senku and then his sister coming in afterwards was sad man (i still don't think we've seen senku shed a tear yet?)

wow i really thought at the beginning of the show that the flash really was an alien thing but if it was man made then this has so many more opportunities for the storyline like meeting other people in the country they're going to

if they're going by boat, i wonder if its gonna be a big one to take hyoga and crew as prisoners or are they just gonna escape when we leave or something?

dr. stone has what i like to call the fire force effect, where the anime every episode gets better and better and i know season 3 is gonna be absolutely fire
Mar 25, 2021 4:18 PM

Dec 2016
So, who was that petrified dude that appeared at the ending?
Looks like it is an important character, and the pose kinda makes it seem he knows somethint about the petrification thing.
So, can anyone spoil it? Even just the name its fine
Mar 25, 2021 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
I thought this episode was one of the best. Just...damn man. When Tsukasa was like "You actually want to ideally chat?" and Senku just like "Yes...whats wrong with that?" Dude I just felt that moment was super powerful

I feel as though Kohaku is becoming Senku's most trusted Friend. She definitely puts her faith in him more then anyone else I feel.

Great Season 10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 25, 2021 4:58 PM

Oct 2020
Man im glad they put their difference aside and just became one single kingdom,I think for my perspective this season is slightly better then season 1,Definitely looking forward to Season 3

novembersMar 25, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 25, 2021 5:03 PM

Feb 2014
Quite an emotional finale. Till we meet again, Senku and Tsukasa in season 3.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 25, 2021 5:13 PM

Mar 2010
The next season seems like the sequel to HxH lolz, wasn't a sad ending nor at all that emotional. But still a fun season.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 25, 2021 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
without a doubt it was the best episode, with the freezing of tsukasa.
Mar 25, 2021 5:23 PM
Feb 2019
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
Porzio said:

I think you got it wrong: Tsukasa died and his body was frozen in order to preserve it. Ofc there’s a “magica/sci-fi” element in this story, the petrification ray, and ofc he can take liberties with that, he invented it lol
you’re right. I didn’t know tsukasa actually died. So Senku in his right mind is trying to bring back to life a corpse?! Why is everyone so casual about it? Oh well if petrification can fix a brain dead person then I guess this is possible to. As long he isn’t trying to preserve a living body with a makeshift refrigerator then I’m happy

I agree I think the other characters should have questioned this decision at least, even though in the end they didn’t have other options lol
Mar 25, 2021 6:16 PM
Jun 2020
Why are there so many ones in the poll, was the finale that bad? I thought it was good.
Mar 25, 2021 6:36 PM

Jan 2020
A perfect emotional conclusion for Tsukasa. You know an antagonist is great when you feel genuinely sad when he's gone.

Some episodes this season were rough for me but the recent episodes were incredible. Season 3 looks really promising and I'm looking forward to it

Mar 25, 2021 6:38 PM

Dec 2014
Seriously though, is that really cold enough to preserve him?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Mar 25, 2021 7:03 PM
Jun 2017
Xenocrisi said:
So bots weren’t happy with giving tons of 1s to Re:Zero’s finale, now also to Dr.Stone? Lmao
Someone got no life

agree with this one... bots are everywhere right now...
Mar 25, 2021 7:05 PM
Jun 2017
love this final episode... its just sad Tsukasa is about to die... but well hope he can be save by that cryogenics thing (or the freezing part)..

love this series overall and excited for season 3
Mar 25, 2021 7:15 PM
Apr 2017
satisfying way to end the adaptation, didn't expect it to be that emotional by the end but it wrapped up nicely enough to make way for future progression of the story.
Mar 25, 2021 8:02 PM

Jul 2017
RIP TSUKASA :'(

While this season was only 11 episodes, it was quite the feast for the eyes! Senku once again proving he is the big brains of science, continuing his path to restore humanity in his own way 💪 I think that during this season i could empathize even more with the characters, and the story was simply amazing as it has always been. Ill still say what i said after the 1st season came out, this is one of the most innovative shows ive seen recently, a shounen different from all the rest, that's Dr Stone!

9/10 for this season as well ^^
Mar 25, 2021 8:08 PM
Jul 2019
The conversation between Senku and Tsukasa was so beautiful and emotional.

However I am honestly not sure about the plan to revive him. I think his death would be a perfect conclusion for his character arc, and particularly him dying while talking with Senku would have been a great ending for the conversation and his rivalry with Senku, beside it will send a message that Senku can't save everything as he's not a magician in his own words.

Overall though, a very good season. About on similar quality to the first season so I will give it the same rating : 8/10.

Hopefully next season starts to explore the mystery of the world in general.
Mar 25, 2021 8:11 PM
Jul 2019
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
Porzio said:

If he had died he wouldn't have been frozen.

I thought the same but at the end he didn't, it seems like he just lost consciousness.

Everyone was still cheerful at the end preparing for the trip. They wouldn't have been if he had died. They would have given him a funeral at least.

It would be a travesty to now revive people from being dead for good in a science based show. He just froze him like Captain America and Winter Soldier, lol.
el3melMar 25, 2021 8:20 PM
Mar 25, 2021 8:22 PM
Jan 2019
man, i don't expect i will cry again in S2
Mar 25, 2021 8:47 PM
Jun 2020
Whaaaat most people hated it????
Wait a minute!!!
Do those people hate science?????
Mar 25, 2021 8:54 PM
Nov 2019
Great episode to end the season. Really wish it was longer, but if the arc was a short one I can understand it. Senku and Tsukasa just chatting before he "died" was one of my favorite moments of the whole series so far.

Xenocrisi said:
So bots weren’t happy with giving tons of 1s to Re:Zero’s finale, now also to Dr.Stone? Lmao
Someone got no life

Is that what's happening? I was seriously wondering why all these season finales keep getting such low scores.
Mar 25, 2021 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
This was an amazing episode and an epic way to end the season and the stone wars! Now I really want to read the manga, there's no way they will be exploring, omg!

I really hope we get an announcement for a 3rd season! Especially now that Tsukasa became a good OG, but now it's his time to chill while her sister takes care of him.
This was definitely the best ending that could have happened. I don't get why people are review bombing this episode tho.

I gave the 1st season a 10, and this one is for sure a solid 9. Can't wait for next season.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 25, 2021 9:22 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
What great final episode for such a great season, enjoyed every episode, so much fun throughout just like season 1. This episode in particular was really nice too, Senku freezing Tsukasa was pretty emotional, never thought I’d feel bad for the guy but here we are lol, and I love seeing how the science is progressing once again, building a boat next to explore the world all over again and to find the source of the petrification, super excited for that. This series still remains one of my favorite shonens ever, and I’m gonna miss these characters, so now I wait for season 3 since it’s apparently confirmed!
Mar 25, 2021 10:42 PM

Apr 2020
First of all, first of all...uhm, fuck these 1/5 bots that are currently taiting the final episodes of the Winter 2021 anime, please just go away. But actually, that manga man...is that you Zenitsu?! I swear he sounds just like our Golden Boy from KnY, and unlike crushing on Nezuko, he loves drawing manga. Well that seems to be alright.

It's sad that Tsukasa will have to freeze to prevent himself from dying. His little sis Mirai just woke up and only a few moments later he's now the one who will be in coma. The coma strat, THE COMA STRAT! But ngl that scene when Senku idly chat with Tsukasa was hard, he and I can't stop crying on that part. And from the start, we viewed Tsukasa as a villain figure, but in the end he's just one like Senku who got luckily revived in this Stone World. And hopefully in the very (far) future, we'll see him alive again someday.

But the second season and the Stone Wars are finally over, and what does Senku and his Kingdom of Science do next? They will cosplay One Piece!!! Woohoo!!! They're now in pirate and sailor suits as they trek the Pacific waters to reach the opposite part of the world (South America). I'm hyped for the 3rd season and hopefully it will come soon as we need it to be.

8/10, weaker than the first season but still good.
Mar 25, 2021 10:47 PM

Jul 2016
I stated back in S1 how Dr. Stone goes downhill when it embraces its "shounen" essence to the fullest (every confrontation with Tsukasa and that atrocious tournament arc, for example) and since a "war" arc is the most shounen thing this show could have come up with... yeah, this season ended up being as underwhelming as I was expecting. Absolutely no sense of tension nor danger because of course Senkuu and co. managed to fight against a kingdom lead by two murderers without suffering casualties.
Even the inventions got more and more absurd this season. We seriously went from making ramen and glasses to build fucking tanks and cryogenic chambers lmao.

On a good note, at least the comedy was good and entertaining enough because otherwise my score would have been even lower. Chrome's character getting more attention was also quite welcome now that I think of it.

4/10 - Season 3 confirmed. Hopefully, the writing as well as the story will improve now that the group will embark on an adventure to discover the truth behind the petrification beam.
SouthRzVaMar 25, 2021 10:55 PM
Mar 25, 2021 10:55 PM

Jan 2011
Senku bring up Marylin Monroe and Super Mario so casually. Senku is so fucking cool.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 25, 2021 11:01 PM

Jan 2011
SouthRzVa said:
I stated back in S1 how Dr. Stone goes downhill when it embraces its "shounen" essence to the fullest (every confrontation with Tsukasa and that atrocious tournament arc, for example) and since a "war" arc is the most shounen thing this show could have come up with... yeah, this season ended up being as underwhelming as I was expecting. Absolutely no sense of tension nor danger because of course Senkuu and co. managed to fight against a kingdom lead by two murderers without suffering casualties.
Even the inventions got more and more absurd this season. We seriously went from making ramen and glasses to build fucking tanks and cryogenic chambers lmao.

On a good note, at least the comedy was good and entertaining enough because otherwise my score would have been even lower. Chrome's character getting more attention was also quite welcome now that I think of it.

4/10 - Season 3 confirmed. Hopefully, the writing as well as the story will improve now that the group will embark on an adventure to discover the truth behind the petrification beam.
So we're going to ignore the last episode where Senku actually shows emotion? also no stakes of tension.. dude Tsukasa had his lung pierce. Some of guys jsut talk out of your butt sometimes. I loved this arc because... well it sucked to its guns. We asked how are they going to win a war without killing anyone? They did it. What was the goal? They made it obvious to us. I don't know what the show can do for some peopel who like to bitch about shonen as this quite possibly the best way they could have done it.

Franck_Nicolas said:
Senku "I can t use magic"
Also Senku "Let s freeze Tsukasa so he becomes immortal"
Larry King actually wanted to do that. Also this isn't magic. There are companies who legit freeze human bodies. Ted Williams body is currently frozen right now as we speak in some facility.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 25, 2021 11:35 PM
Dec 2020
Bruhh.... This was by far the most beautiful Dr stone episode... But why so high hate vote?
Mar 25, 2021 11:42 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode and conclusion, also serving a bridge for the next season
Tsukasa last scene and Mirai made me tear up a bit

Also wondering who's the last guy in the end? Looks like Inosuke from Demon Slayer lol, did he manage to lost his way to Dr. Stone world?
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

130 by sadsaggyballs »»
Mar 27, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

181 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 20, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2021

168 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

129 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 18, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2021

134 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 15, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.