Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 5 Discussion

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 1, 2021 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that Mikona girl is tough but I'm not too impressed by her combat abilities. Looks like we got some storytelling within the military academy following Lloyd and his adventures.

Not surprisingly, Mikona has the type of personality as expected from a director.
Feb 1, 2021 5:30 AM

Apr 2020
Lloyd pulls out that sword easily lol.

Lloyd asked Riho for a date ?! Selen must be really jealous, and Selen looks like a stalker lol.

Lots of new characters! and Phyllo is kinda strong!
Feb 1, 2021 5:41 AM

Feb 2018
Collins training camp, A quite unique customer. Looks like brothers but they look different. Mena Kinoshi and Phyllo? That's a pretty unique name tbh. Cooking, washing, I'll do anything. Can't wait for the bed scene if you need to do anything, xD. After all, calling Firo is a bit strange because basically their name is also very unique. Loyd-kun only takes a few hours to recover, damn. Nothing can beat Loyd-kun's smile even for Marrie and Alka. However, Marrie-san naked is the main event for this eps...I feel like this new character has blonde hair.

The past is the past. The important thing is now, best quotes. Please Don't pay attention on Loyd-kun's reply. Loyd-kun is really good at cooking, Is that some kind of steak, hhmm ... Even if a weak man like me I will invite Riho to a date, give me more deetooo. Look at their expression, xD.

Just want to say, don't touch me... this is so cute. "I will never betray Mr. Riho." this is fking fkboy always siad, xD but nice try. Water and fire duel, I passed this scene because it was not interesting. It closed with The legendary holy sword will be presented. Hold on sec, is that last scene "The person I liked was stolen? "So this is called NTR, huh?

Feb 1, 2021 6:48 AM

Jun 2012

This is one of the funniest shows of the season, if not the funniest.
Feb 1, 2021 6:59 AM

Apr 2014
Very funny episode from the beginning till the last scene.
Everything is too easy for Lloyd even the Holy Sword is nothing for him.
Seren the stalker is also amusing as always. I like how she crawls like a cockroach.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 1, 2021 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
damn, feel bad for lloyd :( always getting bullied and misunderstood. also, wonder if we'll get to see more of his brother next episode
Feb 1, 2021 7:03 AM
Jan 2020
As funny and as entertaining as usual. I love how Alan is a target of bullying in this episode and lel there was cockroach Selen XD

The tournament is coming and the prize is the legendary sword. The last scene made me even certain that Lloyd brother is somehow a villain in this series. I expected that Mikono or whatever her name will gained a power equal to Lloyd from his brother, for the schemes.

Feb 1, 2021 7:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow. This one have the most fast pace so far. Not that i can complain with. Because, well, there were so many nice new characters appeared in one episode. Thats good. Especially with the blonde girls that finally appeared, and she brought her older sister too. Well, that was surprising because i thought the older one was her. But, nope. Lol

The academy held some inter-league match. Okay. Finally i got to see Riho backstory. Thats quite sad. But, well, knewing this show nature its soon back to a normal comedy again. So, i don't expect any seriousness happen in the first place. But, well, something happened in the darkness with that officer girl make feel uneasy. Poor her misunderstanding and its make my judgement over Lloyd's brother seems become true. Lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 1, 2021 7:20 AM

Oct 2017
Awww Phyllo's cute and she's strong too. Can't believe she broke a bone of Lloyd. Also lol Lloyd looking at naked Marie was hilarious.

We finally saw Riho's backstory and damn what an awful person she used to admire unless that snake woman had her reasons for doing those stuff.
Feb 1, 2021 7:35 AM
Dec 2020
" I'm gonna make you shout, no way"
*helds out the sword*
Nooooo waaaaay!!!

That was funny😂
Feb 1, 2021 7:36 AM
Sep 2015
It seems like Lloyd's big brother is trying to stirring up a situation that can teach Lloyd a life lesson. And you can guess that his plan will be quite evil.
Feb 1, 2021 7:42 AM

Feb 2019
This show is unironically hilarious. From marie being turned into a butterfly to Lloyd asking Rito on a date I was laughing the entire time.

Looks like Marie is getting her own harem now lol. Phyllo seems like she’ll be great too. And next week we’ve got a fight for the holy sword. Can’t wait.
Feb 1, 2021 8:04 AM

Mar 2020
Lloyd actually took damage. That's a first. Phyllo must be pretty strong then. Wonder if she has any more tricks up her sleeves besides martial arts.

Feb 1, 2021 8:06 AM

Jul 2017
HAHA, is this a reference to Last Period? The whole thing with the rag-to-riches village and Lloyd being an easy OP Arthur?

Magic school commences, and so fast, an inter-school match. LOLS using the EXACT SAME anti-magic dummy (that Lloyd unknowingly destroyed during recruitment), even Choline is surprised. That's some hilarious shit, even Alan getting wrecked by that "healing boot camp", he's pretty much a laughingstock xD

The Rokujou school of Quinone sisters Mena and Phyllo looking for Riho, what's their business with her? Lloyd appearing at the moment and being treated like a fly, and Marie's "demonic' cleansing salt, WOW the trash symbolism. Even the loli Alka turning Marie into a butterfly, how much karma can she get.

As much as Lloyd's harem is growing, the real concern here is Riho, and Marie giving Lloyd the WRONG impression of a date between the two, a mix of good and bad. The latter's backstory with a left prosthetic magic-sucking arm, and being harassed by her big sister figure Rol, that's bad. We should Selen a new nickname: the stalker Cockroach.

WAIT...even Micona is in admiration with Marie? I smell some Yuri fantasy incoming...but too bad, Lloyd has the upper hand.

Awaiting the inter-school match though, can't wait to see some shit go down as quick.

NGL, this is the funniest episode so far, as much as progressing the story goes.
Feb 1, 2021 8:09 AM

Jun 2019
Really funny episode especially those faces were gold.
Introduction to some new characters with some pretty powerful in them as well.
Feb 1, 2021 8:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Micona clearly loves Marie xD and she's jealous of Lloy now
Feb 1, 2021 8:16 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Yeah, I'm so buying the light novels or manga. This is too funny. Need to know more.

As for Lloyd, he's so overpowered that it's just funny. Kind off interesting that he can't cast magic normally. Only Ancient Runes, some of them.
Rihos' past seems rough. Hopefully Lloyd whoops some ass.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Feb 1, 2021 8:40 AM
Jan 2021
Man this show makes me laugh so much! Pretty sure it's the most I've laughed at a comedy anime, if we exclude Saiki K. I want more of these comedy episodes.
Feb 1, 2021 9:17 AM

Sep 2019
Lloyd's harem grows. I love Selen's jealous moments.
Feb 1, 2021 9:47 AM

Jul 2014
Hey, finally the biggest girl (in all places) from the harem. I thought I had heard her voice before and yes, she is voiced by Miku Itou, nice. Also, she is pretty cute.

Selen acting like a cockroach and then comparing her stalking to Riho's past instead of her own past lol. Poor Alan btw.

I don't like lesbian characters like Micona tbh, and her future doesn't look so good. It looks like we confirmed that Shoma is the villain but I wonder what his motive is.
Feb 1, 2021 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
They did my boy Alan dirty. XD

The new girl Phyllo was able to break one of Lloyd's ribs. Now that's a first.

Well, I'm looking forward to the match between the two schools.

Feb 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2020
Leave my guy Alan alone lol
Feb 1, 2021 12:22 PM

Jun 2019
I think I might drop this soon. The pacing was all over the place in this episode. That one teacher was introduced so abruptly and had very little logical continuity to her actions. Some of the overall comedy is fine, but a lot of it misses, especially when it just centers around Lloyd being the dumbest person in existence.
Feb 1, 2021 12:23 PM

Dec 2013
I'll never get tired of everyone's fight or flight reactions at first, I wish this episode wold slow down a bit, this episode could have been like 3.
Feb 1, 2021 12:38 PM
Jul 2019
Blue_Maroon said:
I think I might drop this soon. The pacing was all over the place in this episode. That one teacher was introduced so abruptly and had very little logical continuity to her actions. Some of the overall comedy is fine, but a lot of it misses, especially when it just centers around Lloyd being the dumbest person in existence.

Honestly have to agree with you. Llyod not knowing he was strong at the beginning was funny but now its just overused. And gets on the nerves. Like i understand hes strong but allow him to participate in the interhigh competition like just because hes to strong doesn't mean you should stop him. This show to actually become good needs to get more serious and for Lloyd to stop being an oblivious idiot
Feb 1, 2021 12:42 PM
Jul 2019
This show is sadly just disappointing me i want to like it because it has some great comedy bits like the scene with alan or marie. But using the overused joke that llyod is to strong is just so off the mark and boring. Like i want to see him participate in the interhigh competition and let him lose, that would be so much better. But no once again we see llyod have to sit out and he goes on thinking hes to weak. Its overused and boring. This show is not a great comedy show wise mans grandchild is better this and that wasnt even great. I hope they fix up the pacing from this episoded foward and look to bring in a more serious tone and get someone to slap llyod in the face so he realizes how strong he is. Its just so stupid
Feb 1, 2021 1:33 PM
Nov 2010
Not really seeing connection to the first four episodes here other than the "it was all a part of my evil plan" guy. It seems pretty certain that I shouldn't expect too much out of this series. Otherwise, this episode was fine, I guess.
Feb 1, 2021 1:55 PM
Sep 2010
Trying really hard to enjoy this as some of it can be pretty funny.

The problem is that it cant decide if it wants to be serious or not, it presents everything in a serious way then resolves everything comically.
This simply does not work, if you want to be comical then the whole cast needs to be in on it like in Konosuba. You cant have the whole cast take everything seriously and have high stakes when Lloyd constantly misinterprets everythinga nd downplays all tension. how the hell do you misinterpret someone kicking you in the head and breaking your rib for trying to swat a fly, its ridiculous and the fact he can blatantly see his magic is much more powerful than everyone else's during the demonstration and still thinks he's a weakling is stupid.

If you want to eb Konosuba then go all in and do it, dont half ass it, pick a genre and stick with it.

the only saving grace is that the guy in the post credits might be an actual threat for the end but i very much doubt it.
Feb 1, 2021 1:59 PM

Feb 2014
I was starting to lose hope with this anime, but this episode was actually pretty good.
Feb 1, 2021 2:08 PM

Jun 2015
Great and fun episode. Tbh I feel its too good for the sony corporate machine and I wish Netflix or Amazon had picked it up. Looking forward to next week when I hope this interchange competition goes down.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 1, 2021 2:39 PM

Mar 2013
Big oof here. I felt that.

Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Feb 1, 2021 4:02 PM
Nov 2017
The gag around the MC thinking he is weak is getting old. Was fun for the first 3 episodes but after a while... Would prefer if they made him release that he is strong and focus more on his innocence and awkward iterations. Maybe make him be scared of hurting people because he is to strong. Anything but keeping him all the season dense as fuck.
Feb 1, 2021 4:47 PM
May 2016
Shoma must be the villain. Make sense since Lloyd is to OP for people out side of his village.
Feb 1, 2021 6:06 PM
Jul 2016
The fact that the manga readers say 'it doesnt get better' and dont even try to defend it or argue with positive points is why im fine dropping this show now. There'll be an audience for it but its not for me.
Feb 1, 2021 6:26 PM

Jan 2020
Pretty nice and enjoyable episode for today.

Mikona seems strong and Marie scenes never get boring lol. I don't really like this new character so far (not mikona but the other one who loves marie) but we'll see.

Feb 1, 2021 8:03 PM

Apr 2015
I just had to comment that it's been YEARS and YEARS since I've seen someone throw "The Salt" in anime! Ah, my belly hurts. I needed that!
Feb 1, 2021 8:40 PM
Jul 2020
This episode totaly like a full Express train
Feb 1, 2021 9:29 PM

Nov 2011
So glad Marie still plays a role after that first arc. She makes me laugh the hardest in this anime. Also we need more fan service of her.

Hell yeah we get some Riho backstory. I love her design. Very hot.

Lloyd's brother is garbage. Here we go yall.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 2, 2021 1:58 AM

Oct 2016
Another hilarious episode, this is definitely one of the funniest shows I have watched.

Damn, Phyllos actually broke a rib of Lloyd, not like Lloyd was defending himself but that's still gotta be insane. Love how she just immediately asked to be Lloyd's apprentice lmao.

Riho's orphanage senpai is a bitch though. Cockroach Selen is something I never knew I needed to see. Poor Alan being everyone's punching bag.

Hmm, what's Lloyd's bro up to.

Feb 2, 2021 3:24 AM
Dec 2020
holy shit this show is funny
I'm really interested to see what's loyd's brother's deal and how the competition will go let's hope Loyd will do something crazy
Feb 2, 2021 9:16 AM
Sep 2012
I hate it when a series overuses scenes when a girl severely injures a guy for "comedic relief". It looks like an author has a complex
Feb 2, 2021 9:49 AM

Aug 2015
Nice, some Riho backstory.

Poor guy, he got beat up again for no reason.

#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Feb 2, 2021 12:33 PM

Aug 2020
Here we go again, adding another few to the harem.
Feb 2, 2021 12:50 PM

Aug 2008
So childhood friend from the village is the antagonist. Show like this should be more wary of diving headfirst into pile of stale cliches. Look what a bland crap DanMachi is now.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 2, 2021 1:56 PM

Apr 2018
Great episoide, Lloyd pulled out the holy sword like it was nothing.

It was cute where Lloyd asked Riho on a date to cheer her up!
Feb 2, 2021 2:40 PM
Dec 2019
Of course they have to beat the shit out of that guy, a guy getting a beatdown is soooooo funny right? But hey, dont do the same with woman ok? Its not funny 😡
Feb 2, 2021 2:42 PM
Dec 2019
Seitaro11 said:
I hate it when a series overuses scenes when a girl severely injures a guy for "comedic relief". It looks like an author has a complex

Most animes are having this "joke" overused, its so fucking annoying
Feb 2, 2021 4:01 PM
Apr 2019
Decline in quality brings an increase in comedy.
Feb 2, 2021 6:53 PM

May 2019
Rushed like hell, but the jokes are not so better.

How i miss a comedy fantasy well paced or toned like Konosuba or Cautious hero.
Feb 3, 2021 3:03 AM

Apr 2009
That Holy Sword might be pretty cheap if they're just giving it away as a prize?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Better w/o MC

Hiroko_Takashiro - Aug 18, 2023

8 by Piromysl »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Jan 18, 2021

71 by Mcspegotie »»
Mar 9, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

52 by Sayan_Pal »»
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

145 by BrycedOut »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

40 by Sekie »»
Oct 3, 2023 1:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.