Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2020 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another wild crazy episode!

This has been one of the most thrilling one imo with the high stakes. Nataku Son being caught in this mess shows that no one is really safe. I think they nailed the psychological element part of his character. I think he's one of the breakout characters of this season so far.
Oct 23, 2020 11:22 AM

Apr 2014
Well. It looks like Nutaku needs Kurono to keep himself stable mentally. As much I hate Kurono of what he is, he managed to stop Nutaku from causing the death to the entire city and its' people.
Oct 23, 2020 11:37 AM
Dec 2017
Interesting parallels here - now we know what and why Kurono and Nataku think about each other, what and why Charon thinks of Haumea. But we don't really know what she thinks of him - is this just hate or she's a tsundere?
Oct 23, 2020 11:59 AM
Sep 2015
The energy ball can destroy 500 km? That's not just a city, it's the whole country, though in Fire Force world Japan only has one city left which is Tokyo Empire (and we even know the population too, which is 15 million), luckily it landed on the moon instead.

And wow, Charon is shirtless again!!! I want him to be my protector!!! Why no one draw R18 fanart of him yet?

So if Amaterasu is nuclear power plant, what Vulcan plan to build is Fusion power plant which will operate in our real world in 2050.

Oh! And they could just revive Rekka if they're gonna use him this much in this arc, I'd welcome him though if he regret what he did.

Kurono being the protector is totally make sense, how can I not thinking about this theory before.
phantomfandomOct 23, 2020 12:09 PM
Oct 23, 2020 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
Kurono and Son share such a precious bond. Was kinda touching tbh, but lol @ 87 being bad.

Highlight of the episode was still Charon, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2020 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
Charon was a total badass. He stole the episode for me.

Kurono was pretty badass as well but his personality sucks tho.

Oct 23, 2020 12:21 PM

Jan 2009
Charon is awesome i really like his reflector firepower

i wonder if Nataku with his nuclear power can help Vulcan make nuclear power plants to replace Amaterasu that will be cool

and i really love the answer of Obi to the question of Haijima that if you can save 15 million people by sacrificing 1 life would you do it? he then answered that obviously if he is alive he can even save more than 15 million lives too that way

utilitarianism does not need to be cruel for the greater good of the greatest number of people also means that 1 life is part of the greatest number

also Nataku was really force to become a perfectionist eh lol thats meritocracy on steroids right there any failure is worthless so he have to always win what a scumbag of a stereotype asian parents lol
Oct 23, 2020 12:24 PM
Aug 2020
Charon and kurono really carried this episode and that’s fantastic, i really endorsed charon’s deflective power, he’s one badass, same with kurono toying around with nataku, this episode was FIRE
Oct 23, 2020 12:45 PM

Jun 2015
That was good. Even better than good. The way all the lines of the different factions were stuck into a big cooking pot and then someone stirred it all up was fantastic. It did give me the idea that Arthur is perhaps Shinra's watcher/protector given whats played out so far and the story that's went on.

P.S Charon!!!!!!! If he dont get any best character awards I say burn it all down, all of it!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 23, 2020 2:14 PM

May 2018
Oh great in the end Nataku is back to being beaten around by Kurono.
Oct 23, 2020 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
What a weird relationship Kurono and Nataku have, but it's all good if he's back to normal? Well sorta.
Oct 23, 2020 2:29 PM

Feb 2019
Every episode of Fire Force just gets better and better. David Production continue to take my breathe away with their amazing sound design, animation and quality adaptions of these chapters. Mastful job adapting the Haijima arc. Love that they kept in small details like the little Rika's in Nataku's head, mouth, etc.

Really cool to see Kurono and Nataku's relationship animated too. In his own really really fucked up way, Kurono does care about Nataku.
Oct 23, 2020 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
Charon and Kurono indeed carried the episode. The first by showing he's an absolute beast once again and that, despite planning to commit genocide, he indeed cares for his comrades (Haumea doesn't deserves him tbh) and the later for showing he's a badass by rekting the Giant Infernal and saving the day at the end.
You know, it's funny how in any other work, Kurono would have been depicted as just evil, he would have been defeated by the good guys and Nataku would have been happy going with them, but here, Nataku at the end didn't need shounen speeches or similar things, just a reality check and that he needs to accept that he's human and cannot be perfect. Too bad he has to be reminded by a psychopathic bully, but he at least got what he needed to hear. The best and worst thing is, Nataku is probably at best with Kurono than with his parents. Such a toxic and twisted relationship, yet it's the best for him. Totally a non-shounen ending for the arc lol.

The president of Haijima was also cool in his own way (heck, he made Kurono go serious last episode with a mere phone call). Despite being a cold, ruthless well-intentioned utilitarian, he's shown to be quite reasonable and willing to work with Company 8, and even willing to support Vulcan with his project of an Amaterasu that doesn't needs a living person as fuel if he could pull it. Considering how shady he looked, I was surprised he turned out to be that understanding lol.

And so ends my favorite arc of this series. The studio sure made justice to the utter chaotic clusterfuck of a battle that happens in this arc, as well as the key scenes (the scene where Charon deflects the nuclear blast for example). I will miss Kurono, considering he will not appear for the remainding of the season, he was for sure one of the most entertaining characters of the series.
Oct 23, 2020 2:35 PM
May 2020
That's one fucked up relationship dynamic.
Oct 23, 2020 2:56 PM

Jan 2020
500 km!?, That's insane! Charon is a pure mirror (and muscle)...

btw I thought that Charon and Haumea were more or less the same age, and I also thought that Haumea was not originally from the evangelist since she was little.

The story of Nataku really makes me sad, unfortunately it is the story of many children, as far as I know many Chinese and Japanese set very cruel goals for their children. It's okay to support them, but not to that point.

Kurono tearing off each part of the monster, when Shinra's weak could not scratch him, the level of a captain is very great, so great that Shinra will have to be given with a power up or something else, lol

And when I was writing, I remembered the grace of the evangelist! lmao!
I really hope they explain in detail what is the grace of the evangelist, because that would be the first Deus Ex Machina of the series and I would be very disappointed.

I am glad that Haijima is not on the side of the evangelist, the eighth does not have another Adolla but it is as if he did. The promises to make a source of energy without adolla's, I was very funny when the president's eyes shine.Now there will be no children suffering inside the facilities, I am happy about that!

The next chapter I hope to fill, but none of my premises has worked, so I hope it is canon and that it continues like this. I hope to see Iris's story next week!

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Oct 23, 2020 2:58 PM

Jul 2015
Charon was so BADASS! i really love him as a character now imo..
Also.. This was a pretty adrupt but nice ending imo..
Fire Force is known for its psychotic characters so adding a new kid and his wierd ass relationship of being beaten isn't anything new..
ALSO! FINALLY IRIS IN NEXT EPISODE! OH! HOW I MISSED IRIS!
Oct 23, 2020 2:59 PM

Sep 2019
Nataku’s past was sad, his parents forced him to be thier “ideal child”. Nataku’s happy that Kurono likes the weak type lol. It was a good arc.
Oct 23, 2020 3:10 PM

Mar 2014
Nataku and Kurono's relationship is like that of a toxic father-son. They care for each other in a unhealthy way but it's the only thing close to genuine either of them have. Nataku is a walking nuclear bomb with PTSD and the only one who can help him is Kurono who's "elevators" don't reach the top floor lmao

It works for them
Oct 23, 2020 4:59 PM

Aug 2015
Well well well, an intense episode. Damn, Nataku was strong af - ready to destroy all of Tokyo?!? Oof, poor kid didn't have a good childhood. Looks like every pillar has their protector. Really interesting to see what they all think of each other. Hopefully we get to see what Haumea thinks of Charon. Lmao, Arthur standing there so casually 🤣
Oct 23, 2020 5:39 PM
Jun 2007
Charon is now officially this show's best waifu.
Oct 23, 2020 5:45 PM

Jun 2020
After all that and Nataku still did not experience a adolla burst? That kid is going to be nuts. This was a really good episode, it was interesting to see Charon protecting Shinra, but he is a pillar so makes sense. Can't wait to see how this season ends.
Oct 23, 2020 6:21 PM

Jan 2018
Damn the first half of the episode was packed with adrenaline, i'm glad that Charon didn't die he was a total badass in this episode.

Also i like the relationship Kurono and Nataku have, it's precious and fucked up at the same time.
Oct 23, 2020 6:30 PM

Sep 2017
Charon was the real MVP of the episode
Oct 23, 2020 7:25 PM
Nov 2019
Another great episode. Only complaint is that I feel like Charon definitely should have died. He even got the "flashback right before you die" treatment.
Oct 23, 2020 7:50 PM

Oct 2017
Charon and Kurono both were legit great. Charon deflecting that attack was really cool.
Oct 23, 2020 8:00 PM
Jun 2016
Charon totally did a Kaaaamehaamehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Oct 23, 2020 8:26 PM

Jan 2011
really didn't expect to be rooting for Charon would 100% been okay with him going out causing a crater on the moon guy is too strong for what seemed like a not that important of a character.

and uh...yeah that was one way to get around dealing with child abuse 99% do agree it's a fucked up relationship but i guess in the logic of him being a walking time bomb this is the best way of not letting it tick i guess?
Oct 23, 2020 10:55 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Charon's manliness was absolutely off the charts this episode! I actually thought he would die since he had the typical "flashback before death" moment but man, I'm so glad he's still with us. Haumea doesn't deserve such loyal protector, honestly.

Overall, nice episode and somewhat "decent" way to conclude this arc centered on Haijima and Nataku. Still don't know what to think about the fact of the toxic relationship between the kid and Kurono being the only thing that keeps Nataku's mind stable but guess I will just take Charon's words and consider this outcome as the best case scenario. And although Kurono is still pure scum before my eyes, I would be lying if I say I didn't find his messed up personality kinda interesting throughout this arc.

And as for the second half of the episode, the reunion between Haijima's president, Shinra and co. was actually rather interesting to see. Not to mention I was also rather surprised to see the president being so open to other options of energy besides Amaterasu. In the end, it's good to know he won't be an obstacle for the 8th. and will help them as long as Vulcan can plan a new way to bring energy to the Empire.
SouthRzVaOct 23, 2020 11:00 PM
Oct 24, 2020 12:11 AM

Feb 2020
That kid is blushing cuz he likes to be called "Weak" ........... TF ???

Anyway, it was a good Episode......but dude... Charon and Kurono stole the spotlight this episode!!

Shadow_Master_T said:
Charon is now officially this show's best waifu.

huntersushil said:
Charon totally did a Kaaaamehaamehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LMFAO!!
Oct 24, 2020 12:18 AM

Aug 2018
(ooH We!!!) Another Great episode!
Yo!!! Charon was a total badass / Awesome / 🔥🔥🔥🔥 as Fuck this episode has made me a fan of Charon goddamn the Hype was Real in this episode
Overall 9 out of 10
Oct 24, 2020 2:21 AM
Apr 2020
MVP Charon! Salute!

Kurono's concern is Nataku KS-ing weak people so he's mad and immediately defeated that huge infernal. lol. Not the perfect advice or choice of words, but are the most appropriate for Nataku who's been pressured at a young age. lmao

Pres. Haijima's eyes are shining when Vulcan told him that he's gonna build a generator more powerful than an Adolla burst user. Turned out, Haijima is actually pro-people.

Oct 24, 2020 2:29 AM

Oct 2008
Another amazing episode!
Charon reflect was just immensely terrific!
Kurono's makeshift katana was also stylish!
looks like Shinra was a bit useless in helping Nataku...
and it looks like Haijima and 8th would be calling a truce huh...
5/5.

Oct 24, 2020 2:50 AM

Oct 2016
Gaddamn, what an awesome episode. Charon definitely stole the show or should I say Chadron. You can't spell Charon without Cha(d).

Kurono is also a boss, he dealt with Nataku with ease. And speaking of those two they have some weird wholesome fucked up relationship now lmao.

The Haijima boss's sparkling eyes though when he saw Vulcan lmao, that's one way to get Haijima to cooperate.

Looking forward to the next episode for that Iris focus.
Oct 24, 2020 2:54 AM

May 2018
Well damn, now I don't know who the bad guys are anymore

So Charon can reflect pretty much everything you throw at him? That's op for a second generation

But oh man, gotta love Haumea

Oct 24, 2020 3:23 AM

Apr 2020
After a week-long break in anime and 6 episodes of Euphoria, I'm back with some hot scenes in this episode of Fire Force. Charon and Nataku took it away this episode. Both of their flashbacks are very good giving us more layers in their character. With Nataku carried away from society's expectations and Charon trying to become a parent to a wacky child, I love it. I almost thought Charon is gonna die in that dramatic move, but guess not. And Kurono actually has some good into him, now serving as Nataku's protector.

The arc has now concluded. Haijima and the 8th Division are now in an alliance against the White Clads, with Vulcan's dream of a new energy source is on it's roll (hey there's the topic of climate change and renewable energy source, what a timely episode after the 3rd debate). And Nataku and Kurono forming a weird yet acceptable relationship.

Finally, WE ARE GETTING IRIS FOR THE NEXT FEW EPISODES! After so long, she will be in the spotlight in the next arc. I am excited for those lovely sunflowers and the beautiful smiles of Iris and some nun waifus.
Oct 24, 2020 3:38 AM

Mar 2016
charon is really carrying this whole show on his back.

natuku and kuruno's relationship gives me the creeps.

we love vulcan over here!

Oct 24, 2020 6:50 AM

Apr 2020
I really like the nuances of the characters and how the lines between good/evil were blurred. we know the 8th are the good guys, but the enemy groups are no longer clichéd villains and show not just their (big) unhinged reactions also motivations and displays of affection.

pleased with the consolidation idea that each pillar has a complementary bodyguard and can be circumstantial like Shinra/the 8th and Nataku/Kurono
Oct 24, 2020 8:20 AM
Apr 2019
Hell yeah. Finally we got to see this arc ended now. I'm excited for the next arcs especially
Oct 24, 2020 9:46 AM

May 2015
Haumea doesn't deserve Charon. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 24, 2020 10:47 AM
Apr 2018
- You can do it!
- Yes, i can do it.
- 09:46 "Don't get any Stronger."
- CHARON's cool.
- 08:10 "Are you kidding me....?"
- 08:28 "The moon..."
- KURONO stopped NUTAKU.
Oct 24, 2020 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
It was clear the 8th wouldn't have been able to help Nutaku's mental health but I did not expect that resolution, Kurono is the best thing that Nutaku needs right now.

Charon was great but this episode he is even better, so badass and sticks to his core values, that's what I like a lot about the show, there is a clear villain but the lines between good and evil are blurred, it is all about staying true to yourself and what you believe on that dying world.
Oct 24, 2020 11:47 AM

May 2020
bro charon and kurono aren't just on another level, they are on another fucking country, they stole the show

Skibbidy skib skib skaa
say "NO" to fanservice
Oct 24, 2020 12:10 PM

Mar 2017
This was one hella interesting episode! I never expected Kurono to be Nataku's saviour. As Charon said; it's a weird relationship but it seems to work because Kurono has no expectations of Nataku and that's all he needed. Speaking of Charon; he is MVP of the ep for sure!

Loved that Haijima has nothing to do with the Evanglist; just nothing predictable and cliche shounen stereotype Fire Force is smashing. You can tell the President of Haijima isn't the villain he was first presented as; his eyes lit up when Vulcan said about a generator that doesn't use human sacrifice meaning it weighs on his mind what he's had to do for the good of people.
Oct 24, 2020 2:12 PM

Jan 2011
"Is it...okay for me to be weak?"
"Yeah. Weak enough for me to want to bully."

i died
Oct 24, 2020 3:02 PM
Jun 2015
Damn that was a really cool arc! Charon and Kurono really stole this last chapter like the badass they are!

The end was really unexpected. Shinra didn't do almost anything and what Nataku really needed was Kurono's fucked up speech about how he should be weak. It made so much sense tho...don't know why I didn't think about it

Kurono is definitely one of my fav now! He's so fucked up but watching him face problems as a salary man was so damn hilarious I just can't help but like him haha
Oct 24, 2020 8:16 PM

Nov 2012
Charon stopped the power of a Nuke with his bare hands!! I think I would have to switch sides.

Haumea really did a number on that kid.
Oct 24, 2020 10:41 PM

Jan 2013
Another crazy and super intense episode! But to think that the kid would be tamed by the one he feared and bullied him, all he wanted to hear was "you can be weak", only if Shinra said it. Charon was definitely the MVP of this episode, what a blast that was! Their alliance was probably one of the most unexpected and best things that could have happend. And that crater or the moon, damnnnnnnn!

Never tough we would come to Haijima sponsoring the 8th, but i guess this is the best for both. Can't wait to see what Vulkan will do.

Finally, the next episode apparently will be dedicated to Iris's problems and doubts.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 24, 2020 11:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So thats it! The end of the Nata's arc using the power of Kurono's persuasion to calmed Nataku mental. He was really depressing, a lot of pressure that made him gone crazy to be stronger. Only one word of Kurono changed his mind toward the surrounding: Be weak! XD

Good job, Kurono! Your black ashes sword was too strong. But never forget about the power of will that Charon showed to me, that could reverted Nata bombastic laser to the moon. Crazy shit, this duo surprised me. A lot of determination they showed me, as a guardian to their respective pillar. Damn twisted plot, and its really satisfied me a lot. Never expected it to be like that xD.

Not gonna mentioned the surrounding, that might never had a chance to be told. Yeah, that minion lady and her great minion, got defeated in the background. But Haumea? Ran away casually. Ganbatte, Charon! Its glad to see Charon actually really worked hard to stopped the damn laser xD. Also, it might the first time Inka premonition failed to happened. I wonder if she got any failure again in the future? But her statement over Nata condition never failed to intriguing me, for sure.

Shinra, like Inka cases, was not so useful. He even couldn't beat a hard skin of that giant infernal. Yeah, sometimes, Shinra just need to chill a bit and let the side characters to be more badass than him. Its good! Then, Arthur, kept his dumb face at the matchbox roof. The fuck, Arthur? You missed a chance to shine! XD. And that flashback of Charon, tho, and Kurono action to Nata. He really enjoyed to humiliate the weaklings, even to the kid. Damn! But its a good symbiosis, and matched up with their own personality. Like Charon said, weird people must be pair with the weird people too. Fortunately, Shinra had a better guardian in the 8th division xD.

Okay. The ending at the Haijima kinda predictable too knewing the result at the battlefield. It seemed they officially became a next partner for them, after they finished Vulcan's inventions. Now, the new arc has begin. A new quest already launched. Also, its good to know the fact that Haijima was not even the real deal for them. Everything already cleared. Even if their existencies kinda bad too against the humanity. But what could they do? They needed them to lived under the Empire with a lot of their experiments. So, yeah, its really a nice deal between them. Because actually, its really obvious that the most villain of these series was the Evangelist. But, how could they find them? Lets see the next one!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 25, 2020 2:14 AM

Jun 2020
That's the most stupid relationship I've ever seen but nice. Also Charon literally deflected that shit back to the moon I'm dead
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 25, 2020 5:31 AM

Jul 2017
The 3-way melee attack has now become a 3-man mission to save Nataku from his tormenting past: Shinra, Charon and Kurono's objective against Haumea's radioactive electrification.

BUT MAN, CHARON AND KURONO EASILY STOLE THE SHOW. To be a Protector of the Pillars, that is a high order, but Charon did it willingly as an insane OP Reflector, and Kurono is left with the scraps of Nataku's powers, the true test of powers between him and Uncle Reaper...and the "family" expectations to take care of from both sides (Kurono with Nataku, and Charon with Haumea).

But it's not all over yet...a collaboration between Haijima and Company 8, to fund a 2nd Amaterasu? That's a bad idea though to use Shinra, and Vulcan and Captain Obi challenging the President to another notion without using Shinra as a sacrifice is a step in the right direction.

Didn't expect Kurono to be Nataku's saviour, but for what's worth, it's all worth to the end, and therefore draws a close to the Haijima Industries arc. Pretty great content.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ringare - Oct 30, 2020

125 by Humaneky »»
Apr 27, 4:35 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

84 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.