Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 6, 2019 8:23 PM

Oct 2014
What a bad deal. A life for a stupid sword. No thanks.
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Nov 6, 2019 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
Starhammer said:
Is it just me,or was Adenala hot even before her transformation into Seiya's adoring Loli :)

Wouldn't consider her hot though she was definitely adorably awkward, quirky & lovable before her transformation! XD I enjoyed her creepy lazy personality

Janethan23 said:
It got dark though;
I'm guessing Seiya would save Elulu from being sacrificed by saying something like "I already have strong weapons or I don't need it." Something like that. He'd rather be rude than see someone innocent die for his sake.

Very possible he'll brute-force his way through it if they plan to sacrifice her to that volcano or an entity he can beat up to get the sword from. Wouldn't put it past him to know he wouldn't be getting a big gift without a catch. Either way I hope Elulu finds a way to feel self-worthy after all she's going through!
Nov 6, 2019 9:27 PM

Oct 2017
Lmao Seiya too savage. He actually changed two god/goddess. The goddess of war actually changed into a really cute loli thou, hope she really joins the party. Also that last twist, Seiya aint gonna be happy about this.
Nov 6, 2019 10:07 PM

Mar 2018
Now this escalated quickly

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 7, 2019 12:47 AM
Jun 2017
kevin_video said:
Radu_Bey0 said:
Woah! That got dark.

Exactly what I thought as it ended. Definitely didn't see that coming.

But this is Seiya. He'll question her worthiness of becoming the strongest sword and wager than any of his platinum swords are better. Plus, she surely has a high potential of learning magic that might make his stuff weight less, making her even more valuable as a pack mule.
Or he might sacrifice her and use some resurrection item to bring her back.
Nov 7, 2019 12:49 AM

Jan 2008
Radu_Bey0 said:
Or he might sacrifice her and use some resurrection item to bring her back.

I'd be curious to see such a loop hole actually working like that.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 7, 2019 1:18 AM

Jun 2016
HueyLion said:

I couldn't stop laughing when that Phoenix Bird slap down the fire arrow xD

I lolled like crazy in that scene too... XD
Nov 7, 2019 1:19 AM

Mar 2012
Well that went south fast.

This series has quite a bit of dark moments if u think about it.

It just so happened they are usually not focused much as they focus so much on the mains cautiousness. I still find it entertaining.

Let's see where this will go
Nov 7, 2019 2:04 AM

Feb 2017
this is the only episode bearable and actually entertaining to watch atm

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Nov 7, 2019 2:08 AM
Jun 2017
ohh this episode is so funny... but that last part is the twist...

ELULU IS THE KEY FOR THAT WEAPON TO BE UNLEASHED-- by offering her life... ohh lets see what will seiya do with this one
Nov 7, 2019 2:25 AM

Apr 2017
Loved the episode, I find it more enjoyable than kemono ichi. That rejection is gonna hurt a lot of lolicons.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2019 5:57 AM

Jul 2017
The mushroom kid Mash DEFINITELY learned his lesson, and the dragonkin children, Seiya accepts them into apprenticeship. All's well that ends well...OR NOT!

Back in the world of gods, seeing Cerceus being demoted to cooking is just the no-doubt of him already being trashed by Seiya to the point of no saving grace, even his muscle cake, which Seiya hates. And him confronting "exhibitionist" Valkyrie, Seiya is DAMN FINE to challenge her into training him. But of course, thankfully he didn't get a whack out of it, thanks to Aria (whom I'm still not sure of her role). Glad that Cerceus is given a chance by Seiya to train Mash and another goddess to Elulu, but while Mash is able to progress, Elulu isn't able to, not at all.

And how is it that EVERY god is insane in their levels of expertise...to the point of being scary and spooky. To put it another way, another goddess (of war) Adenela...I'd thought that she'd suffer the same fate as Cerceus, but whaddya know, WASH, RINSE, REPEAT. Skill "Goddess-killer" acquired! Same with the cake...certainty not to his palate. And OH the major rejection. +1 to the rejected club.

Franz79 said:
This is what happen when you refuse the love of a War Goddess... lol XD

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, will someone take her to adventures! From a goddess of war to a loli yandere goddess LULZ xD

HueyLion said:

This is...never have I laughed so much, I mean, being cautious much but not giving the dragonkin children a chance to train is just soooo wrong in all levels.

Even in transportation of different realms, there is caution warranted, and Seiya as usual doesn't take any second chances. And into Dragon Village, Mash is granted dragonewt powers to elevate his powers...but having Elulu is the sacrifice!? What gives to let her role be a weapon for Seiya...it will be sad for her character to end here...T.T

What an episode...can't shake my head off it...a nice balance of comedy and drama too!
KANLen09Nov 7, 2019 6:22 AM
Nov 7, 2019 5:59 AM

Jun 2017
Franz79 said:
This is what happen when you refuse the love of a War Goddess... lol XD

Poor Adenela, getting rejected by Seiya and all. Her transformation is just great though.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 7, 2019 6:06 AM

Jun 2017
Oooh, the OP is little bit better now, they added a little more animation to it.
Anyway, the episode was good, I really liked the Goddess of War's transformation but it seems like Seiya didn't and hate cakes, lol. Anyway this got dark fast in the end.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 7, 2019 7:13 AM

Aug 2018
Lmao he even tamed the goddess of war, who went from a zombie-like to a cute little girl : this special skill is much more important than any other eheh

And Rista always gives us the best expressions
Nov 7, 2019 8:18 AM

Jan 2011
I think Ariadoa is the final boss in this Anime, I think she want to destory Seiya
Nov 7, 2019 9:00 AM
Jan 2013
lihle808 said:
I like Seiya a lot, but he should tone it down on the coldness. The least he could've done was accept the cake Adenela baked for him, you shouldn't stomp on someone's feelings no matter how much bitterness you have.

I'm glad Cerceus is back:-D

Yeah, I feel the same way. I mean, I understand this is the gag, but it actually makes the scene feel awkward and cruel. It is just not fun, and Seiya comes off looking less like a stupid but lovable character, and more like an actual jerk you couldn't care less for.
Nov 7, 2019 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
Seiya is already way too edgy for my taste and it resembles how a spiteful teenager would act. Not appealing at all.

And please more of Valkyrie. It's wishful thinking, but I would love to see her teaching Seiya a lesson in humbleness.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 7, 2019 9:49 AM

Mar 2019
Very good episode, seiya doesn't give a shit about cakes and magic sealed doors
He will try to force Elh to become the sacred sword in the next ep this is gonna be fun
Nov 7, 2019 9:49 AM

Nov 2008
FMmatron said:

And please more of Valkyrie. It's wishful thinking, but I would love to see her teaching Seiya a lesson in humbleness.

Nah, I'd rather Seiya just make her cry or beat her up. Or both.

All she does is sexually harass the other goddesses. Rista clearly hated it.

Nov 7, 2019 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
Chiibi said:
FMmatron said:

And more sexual harassment is exactly what I want to see more of.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 7, 2019 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
FMmatron said:
Chiibi said:

Boys will be boys, I guess. :/ lol

If some jerkass lez tried grabbing MY chest, I'd stab her eyes with a seam-ripper. >:/

Nov 7, 2019 11:49 AM

Jul 2009
So she is so useless, so she need to die in order to be of use..

That's dark
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Nov 7, 2019 1:15 PM

Aug 2016
I’ll take that cake. Seiya is rude and emotionless.
Nov 7, 2019 1:59 PM
Dec 2017
FMmatron said:
Chiibi said:

well it's clear that seiya will destroy her when they will fight . so maybe she will stop being pervert ,and start respecting restarte .
AquaBlue-samaNov 9, 2019 12:29 PM
Nov 7, 2019 4:35 PM

Apr 2013
Seiya and that valk, needs to happen!
Either she will turn into a nerd that get's bullied or she will turn into a proper valk that doesn't bully anyone and doesn't do lewd stuff like a generic anime school pres.
Nov 7, 2019 5:50 PM

Jul 2015
Dang, Cerceus really did get messed up last time, but it's nice to know that all he needs to bounce back up is someone weaker than him to train with. Now to figure out what to do with Elulu and that ultimate weapon.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Jan 2013
Gotta love Seiya ahahaha
Adenela fell in love with him so much xD i wonder how things will be when he will come back.

That ending, oh boy xD It seems that the lizard race will be extinct haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 7, 2019 8:04 PM
May 2019
Adenela before transformation is basically military version of Tomoko Kuroki
Nov 7, 2019 8:37 PM

Apr 2017
Sorghaghtani said:
lihle808 said:
I like Seiya a lot, but he should tone it down on the coldness. The least he could've done was accept the cake Adenela baked for him, you shouldn't stomp on someone's feelings no matter how much bitterness you have.

I'm glad Cerceus is back:-D

Yeah, I feel the same way. I mean, I understand this is the gag, but it actually makes the scene feel awkward and cruel. It is just not fun, and Seiya comes off looking less like a stupid but lovable character, and more like an actual jerk you couldn't care less for.

It's not really a gag
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2019 8:48 PM
Jan 2016
Anothe funny episode!

This comedy is pure gold, Seya is truly a god killer, Valrkyrie was a lucky one!

Poor Adenala felt in love for Seya and got rejected, even the cake was rejected xD

Fire phoenix hitting Elulu's arrow was so epic!

So Elulu is the sacrifice for the weapon, curious to see Seya reaction!
Nov 7, 2019 9:05 PM

Nov 2013
Seiya about to burn this place to the fkn ground
Nobody messes with the dragon loli Elulu !
Nov 8, 2019 1:23 AM

May 2019
Why do I have a bad feeling that Seiya will massacre the village? This kind of stuff always ends up happening with him lol.

Another great ep.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 8, 2019 2:08 AM
Jan 2013
Formidable-chan said:
Sorghaghtani said:

It's not really a gag

I had no idea. Is this is in the source material? The anime has already exceeded the translated chapters of the manga, so I'm treading new ground here.

I suppose some character development in that regard could go a long way to making these initial interactions forgivable.
Nov 8, 2019 5:41 AM

Apr 2017
Sorghaghtani said:

I had no idea. Is this is in the source material? The anime has already exceeded the translated chapters of the manga, so I'm treading new ground here.

I suppose some character development in that regard could go a long way to making these initial interactions forgivable.

Yes, from the LN.
Nov 8, 2019 9:43 AM

Aug 2018
still very funny, i like this one a lot.
also; Am i the only one that prefers Adenela before her change?
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Nov 8, 2019 10:05 AM

Apr 2014
MC is really the most savage character of 2019. I wish there was manga for this novel.
Nov 8, 2019 10:07 AM

Apr 2014
HueyLion said:

Same here lmaoooooooooooooooooooo.
Nov 8, 2019 8:01 PM

Sep 2016
Next episode for sure: kicking dragon ass, and "my platinum swords were better after all"
bruh
Nov 8, 2019 8:49 PM

Apr 2018
I feel so bad for Adenela lmao. He got too OP
Nov 9, 2019 1:04 AM

Oct 2008
Another hilarious episode!
looks like Valkyrie is the strongest goddess huh! lolz sekuhara!
Adenela when laughing is really weird and she looks like an addict!
Harsh to be Elulu, she so unlucky! and being offered-up? i wonder what would Seiya do?
5/5.

Nov 9, 2019 5:51 AM

Dec 2013
So that's what the fire goddess was talking about, poor Elulu needed no talent because she was basically born to be sacrificed, I hope Seiya ends up training her and teaching her the fire magic he knows.
Nov 9, 2019 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
War god transformation was something
Nov 9, 2019 12:26 PM
Dec 2017
fistyoursoul said:
MC is really the most savage character of 2019. I wish there was manga for this novel.

dude there is a manga .
Nov 9, 2019 3:10 PM

Apr 2010
HueyLion said:

Haha wanted to post about this too. This part had me cracking up.
Nov 9, 2019 6:03 PM

Dec 2018
this protagonist only needs to wear green clothes to be part of the list of the biggest jerks in the history of anime
Nov 9, 2019 11:53 PM

May 2018
Adenela's part was really funny here, from scary god to beautiful god thanks to Seiya's goddess killer skill. Mostly I feel bad for Elulu in this episode, not having good luck on fire and ofcourse she needs to offer her life to be a weapon, that was unexpected.

Nov 10, 2019 8:53 AM

Feb 2008
Seiya fared rather well even without the exhibitionist's training, considering his Automatic Phoenix and all. Not without some help, though.

Too bad for Adenela. After all the effort she went through...
Nov 10, 2019 5:00 PM

Sep 2018
Seiya is hilarious lol Adenela is pretty though, too bad Seiya don't care about romance but I love it! Haha I can't blame those girls liking him, he's really cool ❤
Ohhh it's getting interesting! I feel sad for Elulu though ;(
Nov 11, 2019 1:53 PM
Sep 2016
The Goddesses dancing from opening is now my favorite part!

Mash is started to follow Seiya way of cautious 😅

Seiya straight up change two Gods, he is a God Slayer! Can't wait for Valkyrie changes 😆

Adenela loli mode is soo cute!

Auto Phoenix is soo op lol

Seiya just smash the door that Mash and Elulu was supposed to open

"U-um for some reason, a lizard was sent to us" 🤣

No fucking way Seiya gonna trade his pack mules with a sword he doesn't even know if it strong or not

I love every bit about this show...i don't why some people really hate Seiya but i love him just as much as i love Rista in this series..oh well people have opinion and i respect any opinion mind you

Ready Perfectly 🤜🤛
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

272 by poppaccino »»
Mar 31, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

273 by vicok »»
Dec 13, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

94 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.