Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 19, 2019 6:14 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
shane_nichols said:
Lol. I had training in thin air so I can easily stay underwater for 5 minutes. Lmao. That's just dumb writing.

It wasn't underwater. It may have looked like it, but it's just a void with a little amount of air.
May 19, 2019 7:01 PM
Aug 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Fantastic episode, that was intense.

Nezuko is awesome and lovable. <3
The fight sequences are great as always, especially the very final with Tanjuro emerging out of the swap to cut the demon was just pure awesome. Ufotable really nailing all the sword slashing sequences. XD

Interesting, what time period is this? I don't recall it being mentioned before, from the first few episode I thought it might be in the middle 1400-1600s or something, aligned with the warring states era or something but from what they showed of Tokyo, this looks like late 18th century or maybe even early 19th century assuming that is indeed electricity powering those street lamps and the tram's headlights.

Holy shit! That final sequence with who I assume is Muzan was just insane, so intense. I was staring at the screen with my open. What is his motive in all this?

They already mentioned it. This is Taisho era, early 1900s, after Meiji era. You can see that the demon hunter uniforms are quite modern. There are power lines in the past few episodes.
May 19, 2019 7:03 PM
Aug 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
Oh boy, what a bullshit.
So he can cut through water now?
And what's with that city? Looks like ~1930 or something.

2/5

Go learn history before saying things like that.
May 19, 2019 7:10 PM
Aug 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
I thought I was watching a historical fantasy anime. Didn't expect there to be electricity and modern buildings.

Based on the design of the Muzan guy, I feel like he'll end up teaming up with the protagonist.

It is still historical since it is in the past, early 1900s. And they stated that Muzan is the first demon, the only one can turn human to demon so he is a boss, not someone will turn into ally.
May 19, 2019 7:20 PM
Aug 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
DivinePotato said:

But it its arround 1930... it is taisho period. I cant see anything wrong with it

I thought it was ~1500 or something. Well, I dunno about Japanese periods but it looked like your typical medieval setting. Before they've shown the city, that is.

Then you don't know how to read? Tanjiro mentioned that this is Taisho era. The time period where major cities like Tokyo got modernize but other rural areas were still looking ancient. It is easy to Google Taisho era, and it is a common knowledge if you watch a lot of anime and read manga. When you watch a historical anime, you need knowledge about the era before saying anything.
And the demon hunter uniforms looked modern, similar to the gakuran or the Imperial army uniforms. Those uniforms couldn't be existed before 1800s.
Another recently anime took place in the same time period is Golden Kamuy.
May 19, 2019 7:23 PM
Aug 2017
WolfDFireBreidi said:
But what a shocking final episode! DAMN! Muzan Kibutsuyi is a damn bastard. Does he use his family as a shield against murderers or does he really love her? But I doubt it after seeing what he did to that innocent bystander with his partner. THAT UNHAPPY DOES NOT DESERVE ANY FORGIVENESS!
Tanjiro has a very big heart, I understand and respect him for that, but I would not hesitate instead to unsheathe the sword and cut the head of that wretch. GOT DAMN! Seriously that end of episode was too frustrating and shocking for me. Have face to face the demon that killed your family and can not move a finger.
AHHHHHH! I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THE NEXT EPISODE! Tanjiro is in a very difficult situation, what will be his next move.

"For many things that we lose, we have to continue living"

The expression on Tanjiro's face after seeing the city of Tokyo was very funny. LOL 😂.

If Tanjirou murdered someone there, he would got arrested by the police or the military. He already violated the arms control law by carrying a sword.
May 19, 2019 7:29 PM
Nov 2017
who voice-acts for kibutsuji muzan?
May 19, 2019 8:06 PM

Oct 2017
Uxoh said:
Nothing takes me out of the show more than crappy 3d cgi pedestrians

If you think this is crappy cgi, your eyes have big problems are you're just complaining for the sake of it. Or you rather have pedestrians that's completely static like 99% of the shitty hand-drawn show which can't be bothered to make pedestrians move cuz it's way too costly?

Please go read the manga chapter 12 (or 13?) to see the comparison. Manga only give this town one frame , and it's not nearly as good as any frame in anime.
UFO made the mediocre art of manga so much flashier/ prettier / way more detailed/ way more polished in every way perceivable.
May 19, 2019 8:51 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
WhyCare said:
So it is confirmed that Michel Jackson is the main villain of this show

lol, ive been thinking that since the first time i saw him in the OP 😆
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 19, 2019 10:18 PM

Sep 2015
starlitte said:
who voice-acts for kibutsuji muzan?

Toshihiko Seki he also voiced Iruka sensei in Naruto
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
May 19, 2019 10:19 PM

Dec 2016
Probably the best episode yet. I like what they are doing with Nezuko so far, from an enjoyment standpoint.

Still, this show seems like it is leaning heavily on being "cool" and not so much on well-developed characters or a clear narrative arc. At this point it seems to be moving toward some kind of revenge plotline with this demon character. I still haven't been given a good reason to care about the main characters or the villain, and the side characters are incidental at best. This show deals with some dark subject matter, but there isn't any thematic commentary to back it up.

So overall, I'd say this is an enjoyable series due to the action and production value. But the narrative depth and character development leave a lot to be desired.
May 19, 2019 11:55 PM

Dec 2013
Himawari9 said:
Then you don't know how to read?

Why the fuck would I read Japanese history I couldn't care less about?
How many times must I repeat myself?
Jerry, for fuck's sake, use your loaf from time to time.
May 20, 2019 2:44 AM
Jan 2017
hmm ,, awesome episode at this far,, finally tanjiro found him but,, wtf he live as human and just one ht can turn human to oni,, subarashi
May 20, 2019 2:46 AM

Sep 2008
Oof. This episode was fantastic and I’m so glad there’s an anime this good airing right now. Also to all the people responding to these guys criticizing about the water and whatever else they can find and complain about, just ignore them. I’m a server and just know that no matter what you do there’s always going to be some miserable person complaining about something and trying to ruin it for others. Sad way of the world.
:)
May 20, 2019 7:17 AM
Feb 2015
Considering that the girl victim that Tanjirou fished out of the "swamp" was not wet and still alive and breathing without her respiratory system being clogged by liquid, it's safe to say whatever is down there is not actual water or swamp and there's breathable air.
May 20, 2019 7:33 AM

Mar 2019
isuzusan said:
shane_nichols said:
Lol. I had training in thin air so I can easily stay underwater for 5 minutes. Lmao. That's just dumb writing.

It wasn't underwater. It may have looked like it, but it's just a void with a little amount of air.

but both demons and tanjiro were swiming...
May 20, 2019 9:48 AM

Jul 2015
shane_nichols said:

He wasn't necessarily underwater. They mentioned the air was thin there. Meaning there was air for him to breathe.
May 20, 2019 10:10 AM

Oct 2012
So the best guy has shown up. I like him from the opening. So hot. Why are villains so hot. His appearence was awesome! Left me with so many questions. And he's causing a confusion to be able to swiftly run away without his family hearing anything that might cause him trouble.
May 20, 2019 10:42 AM

Sep 2015
MaahHeim said:
So the best guy has shown up. I like him from the opening. So hot. Why are villains so hot. His appearance was awesome! Left me with so many questions. And he's causing a confusion to be able to swiftly run away without his family hearing anything that might cause him trouble.
He is very hot in my opinion I guess Villians can be hot sometimes. I am a girl after all.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
May 20, 2019 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
That ending was very intense.
May 20, 2019 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
I don't like it when things get complicated due to a character's stupidity, Tanjirou left Nezuko and ran off towards the scent, why's she not in the box anyway, she's clearly sleepy (I bet next episode he'll go back and not find her).

And then he stood there without saying or doing anything, why's he surprised that a demon is disguising himself as a human? of course they'd do that, what was he expecting!

So far I like the action, but other than that I'm not impressed, I hope things get better later on.
May 20, 2019 5:36 PM

Jan 2019
DiabloMask said:
I don't like it when things get complicated due to a character's stupidity, Tanjirou left Nezuko and ran off towards the scent, why's she not in the box anyway, she's clearly sleepy (I bet next episode he'll go back and not find her).

And then he stood there without saying or doing anything, why's he surprised that a demon is disguising himself as a human? of course they'd do that, what was he expecting!

So far I like the action, but other than that I'm not impressed, I hope things get better later on.

1. Having Nezuko in that situation would not go well. She would most likely attack Muzan after the whole "demons are your enemy, humans are your friends" hypnotism, that would lead to revealing herself that she is a demon in front of hundreds of people. Tanjirou also left her out of panic and so he would reach the scent faster without Nezuko tagging along (there's a chance that she's asleep as well).
2. It's night, meaning that Nezuko doesn't have to be in the box. Plus, even with the bamboo in her mouth and the long hair, I doubt people will suspect she's a demon (all of them most likely not know that demons exist in the first place).
3. You overestimate Tanjirou, seeing him being startled and surprised by a demon using a family as protection. From what we've seen previously seen of him, don't you think you'd expect this kind of reaction?
May 20, 2019 7:20 PM

Jan 2009
Elucid said:
DiabloMask said:

1. Having Nezuko in that situation would not go well. She would most likely attack Muzan after the whole "demons are your enemy, humans are your friends" hypnotism, that would lead to revealing herself that she is a demon in front of hundreds of people. Tanjirou also left her out of panic and so he would reach the scent faster without Nezuko tagging along (there's a chance that she's asleep as well).
2. It's night, meaning that Nezuko doesn't have to be in the box. Plus, even with the bamboo in her mouth and the long hair, I doubt people will suspect she's a demon (all of them most likely not know that demons exist in the first place).
3. You overestimate Tanjirou, seeing him being startled and surprised by a demon using a family as protection. From what we've seen previously seen of him, don't you think you'd expect this kind of reaction?

1,2- I'm not saying that Tanjirou should've took her with him, I'm saying that there was no reason for him to not keep her in the box since she's sleepwalking, and he kept carrying her in the previous episode even at night.
3- Not really, he handled his family's death very well and he gets angry every time he learns something terrible about a demon, he was never startled or too shocked that he couldn't talk.
May 20, 2019 8:34 PM

Dec 2016
DiabloMask said:
Elucid said:

1,2- I'm not saying that Tanjirou should've took her with him, I'm saying that there was no reason for him to not keep her in the box since she's sleepwalking, and he kept carrying her in the previous episode even at night.
3- Not really, he handled his family's death very well and he gets angry every time he learns something terrible about a demon, he was never startled or too shocked that he couldn't talk.

1.2 Maybe he try to be a good brother and let her sister out and see the city when he have a chance.
3. Again, Tanjirou was still not in the right state of mind at that moment. He confused, panic and emotional, especially when he smell his family killer. Also Tanjrou the demons that Tanjirou have met until now all being wild, bloodthirsty monster so of course he will be shocked to ssee one like Muzan.
May 20, 2019 8:50 PM

May 2010
If Musan Kibutsuji can turn humans into demons that easily with no penalty, how come the majority of Japanese aren't demons already? What's stopping him? Plot shenanigans?
May 20, 2019 10:03 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was a long time for him to be handing underneath that swamp, was there like air to inhale in there? He seemed to be unable to breathe, but for some reason, those demons did say that there was so little air in there that a human can't breathe, implying that it is at least possible.
I totally shared the same shock as Tanjirou regarding the advancement of the cities, modern clothing, electricity, and trams? I'm just going to assume electricity because of that tram for now. No wonder that demon he's looking for had modern clothing on, I thought he gave me a time traveler vibe about him.

This took a very twister and interesting turn at the end, he must be the one who killed his family, but I thought they would save that for the very end of the story to act as a resolution to the protagonist, I'm very surprised he got introduced this early. It looks like he's aware of Tanjirou so he probably wanted to test him.
May 20, 2019 10:06 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Aohh said:
If Musan Kibutsuji can turn humans into demons that easily with no penalty, how come the majority of Japanese aren't demons already? What's stopping him? Plot shenanigans?

It's probably not a good idea to have so many demons that will eventually consume all humans in no time, and guess what happens next? No food.
Basic Trophic terminology.
May 20, 2019 10:12 PM
Apr 2019
Kaiser_Senpai said:
shane_nichols said:

There are people irl who can stay underwater for +15 minutes, normal people, no powers, no fantasy.
A guy who trained for 2 years in thin air and clearly has powers, like they show to us with that lung thing, can't stay 5 minutes without breathing?

ok but how did his sister sleep for 2 years and body still in tact without any sustenance? Why is she stronger than some other demons who have eaten tons of people? Why can't she talk but other demons can? Why is Tanjirou such a bland light novel protagonist?
May 20, 2019 10:13 PM
Apr 2019
Eoussama said:
Aohh said:

It's probably not a good idea to have so many demons that will eventually consume all humans in no time, and guess what happens next? No food.

It's ok cause they can just all go to sleep like Nezuko, amirite?
May 20, 2019 10:27 PM
Jul 2017
OMFG FINALLY HE FINDS KIBUTSUJI MUZAN

I didn't expect their encounter would be in that way but REAL FIGHTS HERE WE GOOOO
May 20, 2019 10:34 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
elementex said:
Eoussama said:

I have a hunch that it's Nezuko's thing, maybe she's the only one who can do that, but what do I know.
May 20, 2019 10:36 PM

Jan 2009
ExaltedChampion said:
DiabloMask said:

1.2 Maybe he try to be a good brother and let her sister out and see the city when he have a chance.
3. Again, Tanjirou was still not in the right state of mind at that moment. He confused, panic and emotional, especially when he smell his family killer. Also Tanjrou the demons that Tanjirou have met until now all being wild, bloodthirsty monster so of course he will be shocked to ssee one like Muzan.

1,2- While she's sleepwalking? Yeah what a good brother.
3- It's natural that he'd panic when he found Muzan but that's not the point! He only froze after he realized Muzan was disguising himself as a human, which is overreacting.
May 20, 2019 11:07 PM

Dec 2016
DiabloMask said:
ExaltedChampion said:

1,2- While she's sleepwalking? Yeah what a good brother.
3- It's natural that he'd panic when he found Muzan but that's not the point! He only froze after he realized Muzan was disguising himself as a human, which is overreacting.

1-2. Or maybe he want his sister to get out of the box once a while. Stay inside the box all the time may have no effect on her cause she a demon, but Tanjirou is still care for her.
3. I said that compare to other demon Tanjirou had met who mostly animalistic and bloodthristy, Muzan being able to blend in society so well of course make him froze for a moment. It basically go against any other experience he had have until now.
May 21, 2019 1:38 AM

Apr 2018
elementex said:
Why is she stronger than some other demons who have eaten tons of people?
did you even read the sub? Or did you even pay attention when you watching this eps? The demons just said the reason why nezuko is more stronger. "She must have gotten a huge amount of blood from him (muzan)"

elementex said:
Why can't she talk but other demons can?
maybe because muzan did give her too much blood? I'm not sure.

elementex said:
Why is Tanjirou such a bland light novel protagonist?
what makes tanjirou a bland LN protagonist? Lol
May 21, 2019 1:56 AM

Apr 2018
Aohh said:
or he is just much more smarter than you, you know More demons need more human to eat and what if human goes extinct? And if there is too much demons then human in the whole world will aware of demons and probably will unite and take a great action against demons.
May 21, 2019 2:09 AM

Apr 2018
elementex said:
Eoussama said:

I don't know if they can, but Will they?
May 21, 2019 2:38 AM
Apr 2019
Jfs_ said:
Aohh said:
or he is just much more smarter than you, you know More demons need more human to eat and what if human goes extinct? And if there is too much demons then human in the whole world will aware of demons and probably will unite and take a great action against demons.

Kind of a contradiction right there, stronger than other demons but can’t talk.....

It all just seems so contrived to me
elementexMay 21, 2019 2:42 AM
May 21, 2019 9:18 AM

May 2018
Well Tanjiro completes his mission, thanks to Nezuko's help, too bad he can't just kill Kimutsuji Muzan like that cu'z he has a wife and kid......WTF a demon who has a wife and kid, how the hell did that happen??? Either, the woman is a widower and remarried Kimutsuji Muzan were she already has a daughter from her previous husband or Kimutsuji Muzan was once a human and already has a wife and child before being a demon/ So what do ya think????
May 21, 2019 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Well Tanjiro completes his mission, thanks to Nezuko's help, too bad he can't just kill Kimutsuji Muzan like that cu'z he has a wife and kid......WTF a demon who has a wife and kid, how the hell did that happen??? Either, the woman is a widower and remarried Kimutsuji Muzan were she already has a daughter from her previous husband or Kimutsuji Muzan was once a human and already has a wife and child before being a demon/ So what do ya think????
All demons were humans before and there is no exception, also muzan has already lived like a thousand years so...
May 21, 2019 2:58 PM
Apr 2019
ProofByColor said:
Alright wtf is that second half. That was such an abrupt change from killing the demon in that village and an actually really touching moment with that dude to bam immediately in Tokyo -HOLY SHIT THE FINAL BOSS. Like we're kinda in the middle of trying to collect info on this guy, but then we just conveniently find him this early in the series? Alright then.

I'm all for the twist where he's a real sicko pretending to be human but my brain was too busy thinking wtf we just started our Journey to really enjoy it. Well whatever, he's so OPOP he can turn a dude demon with a single slash so I'm sure he's gonna take off and let MC-kun here deal with this mess.

Don't worry lol, Muzan won't make another physical appearance after the next episode till probably the end of the season.
May 21, 2019 3:06 PM
Apr 2019
CuriousNeko said:
Even though we got to see the main antagonist pretty soon, it feels like not much happened in this episode. I think the structure feels weird. I t would be better if they finished the three-body demon arc last episode at the scene with the raven saying they have a new case. It feels like this one was dragged out too much, for filler purposes.

It's not necessarily that. It's because the anime is only adapting two Manga chapters per episode for whatever reason.
May 21, 2019 3:11 PM
Apr 2019
Aohh said:

Muzan doesn't simply turn everyone into a demon because his goal was never to infect the entire populace in the first place. He's after something else, and he'd only been creating demons as a countermeasure against the demon hunters, and something more important which I can't say here because it'd be a huge spoiler.
May 21, 2019 5:29 PM
Apr 2016
DiabloMask said:

It's natural that he'd panic when he found Muzan but that's not the point! He only froze after he realized Muzan was disguising himself as a human, which is overreacting.

It's not the fact Muzan merely disguises himself as a human, but him having normal human wife and child that threw Tanjirou off. He was going for it before seeing the little girl after all.

elementex said:

ok but how did his sister sleep for 2 years and body still in tact without any sustenance? Why can't she talk but other demons can?

I think it's already explained that Nezkuo goes to sleep to recover her energy. Not a far-fetched possibility given that the hand demon could survive just fine with eating only one people per year on average.
The guy in the latest episode immediately went berserk upon being turned, so we can assume that demons only regain their mental faculties after some times, maybe after eating enough people. Since Nezuko hasn't eaten anyone, I guess her transformation is incomplete and she is currently stuck in a weird transition state, neither fully human or demon. That might explains why she is behaving like a child and can't speak.
May 21, 2019 11:53 PM
Apr 2019
Xenocrisi said:
Kamiyan3991 said:
Oh boy, what a bullshit.
So he can cut through water now?
And what's with that city? Looks like ~1930 or something.

2/5

Oh yeah cutting underwater, that’s the problem right? ‘Cause demons, talking crows, etc make perfectly sense to you right?
Like, hello? This is not real nor reality. It’s an anime. Pointing out subtle things like this is just being over dramatic about everything this anime is trying to offer us

We are in taisho era, are you even paying attention to what they say? It was already stated, so yeah we are around early 1900

Just drop KnY already if you dislike every episode that comes out

Corvids can be trained to talk in real life albeit to a lesser degree than the crows in kny. At least it's not as nonsensical as
secondgradeMay 22, 2019 12:02 AM
May 22, 2019 1:18 AM

Jan 2015
The anime has been very consistent so far and I like that, Mozan finally appeared and I'm excited to know more about him.
May 22, 2019 6:37 AM

Jun 2017
Damn, that twist in the end. That Demon having a human family and living life normally as a human would. He was about to slash him but I'd say that Muzan wouldn't be taken out pretty easily, being the top demon and all.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 22, 2019 2:53 PM

Jun 2015
What a hell of an ending, this demon seems OP as hell
May 22, 2019 10:38 PM

Apr 2018
Dude Nezuko's fighting ability is pretty good xD Kimutsuji Muzan looks cool how he looks and finally makes an apperence. Nice Art as always looks damn good.
May 23, 2019 4:29 AM
Jun 2017
nezuko in the city... yeah!!!

and

muzan appeared and living in human life...

yeah..
May 23, 2019 6:36 AM

Apr 2018
This anime is sooooo good. Every episode looks good and never has a dull moment

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by HaremSevdalisi »»
Today, 2:13 AM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.