Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 22, 2019 1:19 AM

Jul 2009
Yeah, any that might be a manga adaptation.
Because I'll just read the manga then, thank you very much!

I'm not one to outright refuse to watch an anime or read a manga just because. Although I agree that people spending days and days poking me and annoying me to watch a thing may make me not want to watch it just to annoy said person. Leave me to watch my stuff at my own time and pace, thank you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2019 1:39 AM

Sep 2015
I will never watch or read One Piece. I have nothing against it, and I'm sure it's good if so many people like it, but it's just too much of a chore and doesn't fully interest me anyway
Apr 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 2013
Hentai... all of it. I like to think I'm a better person for watching any. A real show is Vividred Operation, I feel like by watching this show it's an invitation for the FBI to visit me.
Apr 22, 2019 1:23 PM
Oct 2018
I want to watch cowboy bebop for a while now, but I am not able to start that anime
Apr 22, 2019 1:29 PM

May 2012
AnotherTrap said:
Boku no Pico, do I need to explain myself

Thats strange coming from someone who have profile pictures of of trap character

Pico is also a cute trap

Apr 22, 2019 1:30 PM

Dec 2017
thepath said:
AnotherTrap said:
Boku no Pico, do I need to explain myself

Thats strange coming from someone who have profile pictures of of trap character

Pico is also a cute trap

Tis an April fools joke my friend, nothing more

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Apr 22, 2019 1:39 PM

May 2012
Pitunov said:

Jojo- some people says it started to get interesting in part 2 but nope, i still don't like it. Sorry jojo fans and my favorite manga author who loves jojo.

Part 1 is only 9 episodes. It won't take you long to get to part 2

I personally started to like it a lot when I got into part 3

Part 5 currently airing is best part so far

It is very unique anime, and have has very good fight and very unique villains specially in part 4 and 5. If you like hunter x hunter then you probably like a lot of fights in jojo because it so similar (battle of wits)

Harshitsingh8890 said:
Jojo have watched 19 episodes of stardust crusaders its fucking repetitive "stand of the week" with most asspull moments in 1 episode I'm not gonna watch it again

It never felt repetitive. Each fight and each stand abilities was totally different specially in 2nd season of stardust crusader. Did you get to D'arby part?!

Apr 22, 2019 1:41 PM

Jun 2009
Goblin Slayer
No Game No Life
Re:Zero
The Rising of the Shield Hero
All sequels of Sword Art Online
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Death March to the Parallel World
DanMachi
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord

What do all these have in common? You guessed it, they're all recent isekai anime based on a light novel. I know the major plot points to most of them and they managed to bore me out of my mind.

The only isekai anime I like are the ones from early 2000's with a female lead (Inuyasha, Escaflowne, 12 Kingdoms).
Apr 22, 2019 1:50 PM

Jun 2009
saengdao said:
its not a refusal, but im hesitant to pick up the big 3 shounen like one piece and bleach just cause they're long and mostly over hyped.

How do you know they're over hyped if you didn't even watch them?
Maybe you should watch some episodes to see if they're over hyped or not.

Having seen both, One Piece is far better than Bleach. Most of the people who watched both tend to agree.

I personally haven't seen a more imaginative, impressive setting than One Piece's world. It starts small but it leaves you clues there's something more to it, something hidden, its past, its politics etc.

But I totally get if you get intimidated by the length of the series or the art style in the first episodes.

I assure you that you will lose a lot by not seeing it though. It's not a coincidence it's the most popular anime/manga in Japan and it has been for more than 10 years. It's not over hyped, it's just that good.
Apr 22, 2019 1:58 PM

Oct 2018
Any harem-mecha hybrid. I also try to avoid mecha and harems in general because they just don't appeal to me.
Apr 22, 2019 2:10 PM

Sep 2018
I don't create groups I dislike. I may dislike a series but never an entire genre.
Apr 22, 2019 2:26 PM
May 2017
i refuse to watch isekai smartphone
Apr 22, 2019 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
I refuse to watch everything.After much consideration, I choose the harder, longer but more rewarding route of reading the manga
Apr 22, 2019 2:43 PM

Jun 2015
-Ereya- said:
saengdao said:
its not a refusal, but im hesitant to pick up the big 3 shounen like one piece and bleach just cause they're long and mostly over hyped.

How do you know they're over hyped if you didn't even watch them?
Maybe you should watch some episodes to see if they're over hyped or not.

Having seen both, One Piece is far better than Bleach. Most of the people who watched both tend to agree.

I personally haven't seen a more imaginative, impressive setting than One Piece's world. It starts small but it leaves you clues there's something more to it, something hidden, its past, its politics etc.

But I totally get if you get intimidated by the length of the series or the art style in the first episodes.

I assure you that you will lose a lot by not seeing it though. It's not a coincidence it's the most popular anime/manga in Japan and it has been for more than 10 years. It's not over hyped, it's just that good.

perhaps overhyped was the wrong word, just more of i see too much and hear too much of it in general. i wouldn't know if its good or not personally, but all those years and people telling me about it and to go watch it puts me off. a simple explanation and a simple resolution for it, but i'd rather watch things that are short and interest me before i get to the big ones like those.
Apr 22, 2019 2:47 PM
Dec 2018
I'm open to all genres so I watch everything BUT I cannot stand kill la kill. I watched the first half of episode 1 and it irritated the shit out of me. Maybe I should give it a chance since so many people like it but i know what I saw that day.
Apr 22, 2019 2:47 PM
Aug 2018
I usually skip
Romance (Straight, Shoujo-ai/yuri , Shounen-ai/yaoi)
Ecchi
Isekai
Harem
Mecha
School
Long running shounen (gintama is an exception)
Anime adaptations of video games
Music
Historical
Sports
Slice of life
Fantasy
Magic

Everything I listed I at least have one series that i can enjoy.
Apr 23, 2019 5:01 PM

Feb 2019
Naruto coz ratings are lame and its too damn long.
“EL PSY CONGROO!!!” ― Hououin Kyouma
Apr 25, 2019 2:37 AM
Dec 2013
I refuse to watch Hourou Musuko. No way am I ever watching that.
Apr 25, 2019 3:20 AM

May 2018
Silly rom-coms, like Kaguya-sama or Sakurasou Kanojo.
And I'm not sure about mentioning harem and ecchi, because it's more than just a "refusal", It's nonsensical low-quality slops

Apr 25, 2019 6:51 AM
Jan 2019
If it runs for too long, and with unappealing xters.
Apr 25, 2019 6:55 AM

Jul 2007
Fairy Tail. Seems about as generic as mindless ecchi can get. Though I would be legit surprised if it somehow surpasses the degeneracy and sexual depravity that is Nanatsu no Taizai.

Fap fests for pathetic virgins disguised as battle shonen are the worst.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Apr 25, 2019 7:08 AM

Sep 2014
Yaoi, Shounen-ai and Reverse Harem... Or in unpretty words "gay stuff"...
Because I know I won't enjoy it.
Apr 25, 2019 7:12 AM

Sep 2014
EndlessMaria said:
Fairy Tail. Seems about as generic as mindless ecchi can get. Though I would be legit surprised if it somehow surpasses the degeneracy and sexual depravity that is Nanatsu no Taizai.

Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai are "fap fests"? I don't think there's fappable content in either, correct me if I'm wrong... Maybe you meant something else when you said "fap fests"? Fairy Tail doesn't even have an ecchi tag bro...

PS! Do you like HunterxHunter? If so, who's your favourite character?
Apr 25, 2019 7:12 AM

Jul 2007
Also I refuse to watch any of the Miyazaki/Ghibli movies that I haven't seen, because all the ones that I have watched I have rated between 1-3 since they don't appeal to me in the slightest.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Apr 25, 2019 7:13 AM

Jul 2007
cHowaito said:
EndlessMaria said:

Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai are "fap fests"? I don't think there's fappable content in either, correct me if I'm wrong... Maybe you meant something else when you said "fap fests"?

No. I am aware of exactly what I typed in that comment.

I haven't seen Fairy Tail but Nanatsu no Taizai caters to those who have a molestation fetish.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Apr 26, 2019 12:02 PM

Sep 2014
EndlessMaria said:

No. I am aware of exactly what I typed in that comment.

I haven't seen Fairy Tail but Nanatsu no Taizai caters to those who have a molestation fetish.

I see. The continuous molestation felt a bit awkward to be honest, I agree. Easily forgotten though.
Apr 26, 2019 12:08 PM

Feb 2018
Naruto, it's overrated as hell if you ask me.

Apr 27, 2019 3:33 PM

Apr 2014
i wouldn't limit myself from an anime outright, but there are some i have no interest in watching for a long time, like a lot of seasonals
Apr 27, 2019 7:43 PM

Jan 2017
My Hero Academia and Seven Deadly Sins. I don’t like shounens, which seems generic, unoriginal and overhyped, so I don’t want to waste my time on it (moreover, there are more interesting concepts in recent shounens, which I found more promising like The Promised Neverland, Demon Slayer or even Attack on Titan). However, maybe i’m wrong and these shows are became as good as HxH, FMA:B and Jojo. As for MHA, I plan to watch this, because I want to know, why people like it so much (I did the same thing with Jojo and I was satisfied even despite the fact that this series a little bit overrated IMO, especially part 3), but SDS doesn’t look like a good show with the exception of music by Sawano, so there is a little chance that I’m going to watch it in the future.
Apr 27, 2019 7:54 PM

Sep 2018
I'm on the fence with shows like Yuu Yuu Hakusho because there's so many episodes and the art will obviously be quite a bit outdated. A shame, because it's probably great and right up my alley.

I don't really want to watch any mecha animes either or the popular anime about Basketball and Volleyball.
Apr 29, 2019 7:01 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly I've never had the feeling to not want to watch an anime. The only exceptions are 2nd (and more if there are any) series of anime I hated the first series of.
Apr 29, 2019 9:09 AM

May 2018
EndlessMaria said:
Also I refuse to watch any of the Miyazaki/Ghibli movies that I haven't seen, because all the ones that I have watched I have rated between 1-3 since they don't appeal to me in the slightest.

Sorry I am so late.
If something from Ghibli's catalogue deserves giving a chance that is Kaguya-hime no Monogatari. It's by Isao Takahata. His movies are a somehow different.
Apr 29, 2019 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty much any ecchi/hentai tbh 
Apr 30, 2019 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
No Game No Life seems really creepy, I don't want to watch it.
Apr 30, 2019 12:44 PM

Jan 2012
Ping Pong the Animation... because of.. the animation. I've heard great things about it but still.. I can't get past how bad it looks.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 19

79 by ProGoddess »»
25 seconds ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

34 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 21 minutes ago

6 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

36 by Lhundrup »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 3 hours ago

18 by Zarutaku »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.