Apr 19, 2019 11:44 PM

Oct 2016
any typical harem isekai show, please let this trend die already
Apr 20, 2019 1:11 AM

Sep 2017
Probably Boku no Hero Academia....
Apr 20, 2019 1:45 AM

Mar 2018
One Piece, Naruto and any similar anime. Wayyyyyyy too many episodes and filler.
Apr 20, 2019 1:46 AM

Jul 2016
EndlessMaria said:
Elderanime said:
It's been Jojo's for a long time, but i'm about to give in to peer pressure.

There's something about both the art style and fandom that disturbs me.

Is fandom influence really that bad when it comes to Jojo?

I'm curious because I hear this a lot, however I first got into Jojo back in the early 00's when it was still pretty niche, and I don't follow individual fandoms these days.

Maybe I just got lucky, but I honestly think the fandom's not as bad as people say it is. Every group's got extremists, sure, but JoJo fans have always seemed kind of fun and welcoming to me.

Not trying to change your mind or anything, you might actually be right and I just haven't seen it yet.
Apr 20, 2019 2:11 AM

Mar 2018
Talgikiwi said:
PsychoEkin said:
I refuse to watch the fate series because I don't like the MC.

I also try to avoid yaoi and reverse harem anime.

I'm curious as to which MC you mean because it changes depending on which fate you watch? I'm assuming it's Rin because most people hate tsundere. I don't want to tell you what to do but I honestly felt the same about fate and put it off for a long time. The fight scenes alone make the entire series worth it. The OPs are incredible and some of the best I've ever heard in anime. I'm not a hardcore fan but it hurts my heart to see people not give it a chance. If Rin annoys you, watch Fate/zero instead. If Saber (???) annoys you, watch Fate/Unlimited Blade Works instead. Please don't throw out the entire franchise because of one character.

I have watched fate/zero and I liked it. I don't want to watch the other fate series with Shirou as the MC.
Evangelion is shit
Apr 20, 2019 2:23 AM

Apr 2015
Imas and Love Live. (The Imas girls do look nice though)
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 20, 2019 2:24 AM

Jul 2016
PsychoEkin said:
Talgikiwi said:

I'm curious as to which MC you mean because it changes depending on which fate you watch? I'm assuming it's Rin because most people hate tsundere. I don't want to tell you what to do but I honestly felt the same about fate and put it off for a long time. The fight scenes alone make the entire series worth it. The OPs are incredible and some of the best I've ever heard in anime. I'm not a hardcore fan but it hurts my heart to see people not give it a chance. If Rin annoys you, watch Fate/zero instead. If Saber (???) annoys you, watch Fate/Unlimited Blade Works instead. Please don't throw out the entire franchise because of one character.

I have watched fate/zero and I liked it. I don't want to watch the other fate series with Shirou as the MC.

I get that, definitely. Fate/Zero was awesome, and I sat through both seasons of UBW as well a few years ago. On the whole I thought it was... okay. Not brilliant but not shit, but Shirou was just really fucking boring the whole way through.
Apr 20, 2019 2:28 AM

Apr 2019
I always tend to just watch what catches my attention independently from what's popular
Apr 20, 2019 2:57 AM

Sep 2015
Fairy Tail
something puts me off from starting it
Apr 20, 2019 3:05 AM

May 2018
MadHobbit2 said:

None of those shows you mentioned (aside from E7) are marketed towards the shounen demographic, and therefore are not shounen anime.

If you don't believe me check their demographic, their's source demographic or their's other adaptations demographic on wikipedia or something...
For example Haruhi Suzumiya manga adaptation was published by the Shounen Ace Magazine, Hataraku Maou-sama's novel demographic is shounen ect.

MadHobbit2 said:
ANYTHING can be shounen

Exactly, so having bad experience with some shounens doesn't necessary mark all of them as unwatchable. They are not all one and the same.
alshuApr 20, 2019 3:28 PM
Apr 20, 2019 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
I watch what I like, but when many people tell me to watch X anime I'm kinda down to watch it now it only cames to my mind MHA, why this?
A lot of people told me to watch classroom of the elite it's cool amazing the main character is badass,and when I watched it, I was near to drop it, I finished but I didn't like it at all so my conclusion is to not watch what others than my cousin recommend to me.
Apr 20, 2019 3:59 AM
Feb 2019
P1X3LD3M0N said:
Aneurz said:
any shounen that looks like any other shounen

You just described all shounen. Well done.

Not all shounen though is like the next shounen though. Usually the ones that are different are more worth my watch.
Apr 20, 2019 4:48 AM

Jan 2019
PsychoEkin said:
Talgikiwi said:

Shirou isn't that annoying in UBW honestly
honestly in UBW he is more then acceptable you could say

its insane how annoying that dude is in the original FSN i had to drop the Anime because of that

AnimePixelz said:
mainstream animes. usually, the ones that consistent of 100+ eps as well as multiple seasons within. they a fuck ton of filter eps and it's just too much tbh.
examples:
one piece
naruto
bleach
etc

yea those are huge beasts to tackle
i just skipped the filler episodes by checking filler episode guide lists
i really liked naruto and id probably give it a 10 if it wasnt for the existence of fillers, i have never watched the fillers but the sheer existence makes me vomit xD so i get ur problem xD
DenkiDestroy99XApr 20, 2019 4:52 AM
Apr 20, 2019 6:06 AM

Jul 2016
Satyr_icon said:
Gintama. I'm not gonna wait 20 or 50 or 100 episodes (since the number varies greatly) for something to get gud while I could just be watching something that won't waste my time instead.

Optigisa said:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because it looks like your typical battle shonen, and the fans won't shut up about how it is God's gift to mankind.

Stardust Crusaders is garbage and I have no idea why people love it so much, but the rest is quite entertaining, especially part 2 and 4. It's not the best thing ever as the jojoheads say but I wouldn't say it's a typical battle shounen. The only one that felt that way was Stardust Crusaders and, well, it was one reason it sucked.

It does not look interesting to me in any way, shape or form. Sorry.
Apr 20, 2019 6:33 AM

Nov 2017
Yaoi, Attack on Titan and anything new with 30+ episodes. Don't watch much anime this days.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶?
𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

¡ǝɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝɹǝɥ uᴉ ʞɔnʇs ǝɹ,no⅄
Apr 20, 2019 7:55 AM

Jul 2016
Ecchi, Hentai, Horror, Long-Running Shows ( like One Piece or Naruto, too much episodes, except those who have several seasons like Boku no Hero and Natsume Yuujinchou ).
RainGirlzApr 21, 2019 5:13 AM
Apr 20, 2019 8:09 AM

Oct 2017
not like an absolute refusal but i tend to be very reluctant to watch harems, animes that are famous for having too much violence (not bc i'm against it but if the main point of popularity of a show is excessive violence i don't get interested) and LONG ASS FUCKING SHOWS that ppl will tell me to watch already telling me to skip this or that arc
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Apr 20, 2019 9:13 AM

Jan 2018
School Days, ain't no way I'm watching that

Apr 20, 2019 9:30 AM

Apr 2019
never watch gay animes, make me sick

Apr 20, 2019 10:39 AM

Mar 2018
Aneurz said:
P1X3LD3M0N said:

You just described all shounen. Well done.

Not all shounen though is like the next shounen though. Usually the ones that are different are more worth my watch.

I mean unless you give an example it doesn't make sense. All shounen take from classics like fist of the north star or dragon ball.

My Hero Academia is pretty much like HxH and Naruto like Dragon Ball.

If you are trying to say you'll watch them because they have some originiality then my point is all shounen have some originality and hence all shounen are worth watching unless of course you provide some example.
LOOKING FOR ARTISTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE ONE
Review please!

Apr 20, 2019 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
Any anime including pedophilia.

But maybe I will make an exception for Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka?

When you get Signature removed once again.
Apr 20, 2019 10:52 AM

Apr 2019
If an anime has too much fan service without a real plot then I usually just skip.
Kind of cliche but I'm just the same as any other normie.
Apr 20, 2019 10:52 AM

May 2015
One Piece - seems very stupid and childish to me
Clannad - the art style is horrendous
Code Geass - because I know what happens

Apr 20, 2019 11:42 AM

Aug 2011
PsychoEkin said:
Talgikiwi said:

Can I ask why you don't like Shirou? He's one of my favorite characters of all time haha. I'm genuinely curious.
Apr 20, 2019 2:27 PM

Mar 2017
Nope.
I'll give everything a fair shot.
I'd say that the closest to refusal I'll go is a poor anime adaptation that would feel like a waste of time.
Apr 20, 2019 3:24 PM

May 2018
Rowan_F said:
PsychoEkin said:

I get that, definitely. Fate/Zero was awesome, and I sat through both seasons of UBW as well a few years ago. On the whole I thought it was... okay. Not brilliant but not shit, but Shirou was just really fucking boring the whole way through.

The point is that there are Fate titles where Shirou in not the MC like Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya, Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Grand Order, Fate/Extra and Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo.
PsychoEkin never mentioned disliking their MCs too or just ignoring their existence.

P1X3LD3M0N said:
All shounen take from classics like fist of the north star or dragon ball.

Not really. There are titles which are drastically different from those as setting, plot, characters ect.
alshuApr 20, 2019 3:46 PM
Apr 20, 2019 4:45 PM

Jul 2013
It's all a matter of opinion, so in the end, it doesn't really matter what anime you refuse to watch.
Apr 20, 2019 7:40 PM

Dec 2017
Boku no Pico, do I need to explain myself

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Apr 20, 2019 7:52 PM

Dec 2015
Most gore and horror themes (I guess besides Blood Plus and others). Attack on Titan, I've seen the first season and a little of the second, but I lost interest quickly. Jojo series, I heard it was good, but I don't have any interest in it at all. I heard Blood C was awful, but I still have a little interest. However, I heard it was mostly gore heavy than Plus.
Apr 20, 2019 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
One Piece, the art looks terrible and it always has for me even with the recent episodes I see flying around and it's freakin length now too. Definitely not sitting through it at this time.
Apr 20, 2019 8:00 PM

Jul 2016
Bleach - I have already tortured myself with Naruto, One Piece, Gintama, Dragon Ball and Hunter x Hunter. I do not need to bore myself to absolute death this time around.
Apr 20, 2019 10:00 PM

Mar 2010
stardew said:
heard of Pupa and Boku no Pico . I avoid them.

Any anime with depressing story , I usually avoid\

Also am actively avoiding Koi to Uso for the plot
Apr 21, 2019 12:08 AM

Oct 2018
Mirai said:
One Piece because it's too long and even if I somehow happened to like it I'd rather not spend 50 years catching up

Hunter x Hunter because the MC is ugly xd

BUT THATS MY BOUNCING BABY BOY PLEASE NO
Apr 21, 2019 12:08 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Anything involving themes of incest or pedophilia or super ecchi trashiness. Tried a few times thinking maybe those shows could be enjoyed in a it's so bad it's good kind of way but nope they just left me pissed off every time at the fact we live in a world where those shows can not only exist but thrive too. I also refuse to watch anything with 100+ episodes (except for a few special cases for some truly classic must see shows)
Apr 21, 2019 2:11 AM

Oct 2017
Mostly I guess people refuse to watch anime that are very long and time consuming. I get it though. When I started watching anime I was like I'm definitely not gonna watch Naturo, One Piece, Bleach, FMAB, Jojo, Monogatari series. But I gave it a shot, loved it. So yeah opinion varies, the number of episodes might look unappealing but that doesn't mean it isn't worth to give it a shot.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Apr 21, 2019 2:14 AM

Mar 2019
For me it is Gintama, i mean it just does not appeal to me but all my friends insist me to watch it!
Apr 21, 2019 4:13 AM
Aug 2018
Yeah, anything with Yao and shit is a no no for me, and probably historical genres cause some usually has tons of just talking and filler.
Apr 21, 2019 4:19 AM

Mar 2018

P1X3LD3M0N said:

Not really. There are titles which are drastically different from those as setting, plot, characters ect.

Yeah but some elements, even if they are small, are taken from these
P1X3LD3M0NApr 21, 2019 4:24 AM
LOOKING FOR ARTISTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE ONE
Review please!

Apr 21, 2019 10:43 AM
Oct 2017
I don't particularly refuse or anything, but I'm fairly hesitant about watching longer series.

There are still several longer series that I want to watch, and do plan on watching, it'll just take a little more willpower on my end than it does for a shorter series. (Longer series beginning around the 50-60 episode count, not including series with multiple seasons.)

Other than that, nothing really. If I think it looks interesting, I'll watch it. If not, then I won't.
Apr 21, 2019 10:03 PM

Jul 2016
I either think the premise is pathetic or there's an ugly character or moment I refuse to defile my eyes with.

Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Nazo no Kanojo X (saliva)
One Piece
Prison School
Sankarea
Shigurui (spiders) (but maybe I'll still watch it)
Shokugeki no Souma
IpreferEcchiApr 21, 2019 10:31 PM
Apr 21, 2019 10:34 PM

Sep 2018
Sword Art Online
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
Apr 21, 2019 10:44 PM

Jun 2015
its not a refusal, but im hesitant to pick up the big 3 shounen like one piece and bleach just cause they're long and mostly over hyped.
Apr 21, 2019 10:54 PM

Aug 2012
I never watch based on recommendations. As a side note FMA is garbage. Maybe aany of tge sequeks to Overlord. Had high hopes watch first season which was a pile of garbage. oh I think there is one. One punch man. I refyse to watch it.
Apr 22, 2019 12:16 AM

Feb 2017
Sword art online and any yaoi animes
Apr 22, 2019 12:38 AM

May 2018
P1X3LD3M0N said:

P1X3LD3M0N said:

1. This happens in every media: newer titles take elements from older to eventually build something different or not...but this doesn't mean they are identical.
For example those titles you mention are also based on older stuff.
2. My point is totally different.
Shounen is a way broader therm to identify it only with Fist Of The North Star and Dragon Ball.
For example could you point out elements from them we can find in Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo or Detective Conan? Those are shounen titles too...just not battle shounen.
Your "all shounen" is misinformation.
alshuApr 22, 2019 12:46 AM
Apr 22, 2019 1:03 AM
Aug 2018
Harem, yaoi anime is one genre that i can't stomach and will prob never try watching unless it's good
Apr 22, 2019 1:05 AM
Aug 2018
alshu said:
P1X3LD3M0N said:

1. This happens in every media: newer titles take elements from older to eventually build something different or not...but this doesn't mean they are identical.
Shounen is a way broader therm to identify it only with Fist Of The North Star and Dragon Ball.
For example could you point out elements from them we can find in Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo or Detective Conan? Those are shounen titles too...just not battle shounen.

Idiot not all shounen is limited to fighting there's also sports, cooking, horror, mystery and tons of other shit
Apr 22, 2019 1:05 AM
Aug 2018
alshu said:
P1X3LD3M0N said:

Idiot not all shounen is limited to fighting there's also sports, cooking, horror, mystery and tons of other shit
Apr 22, 2019 1:06 AM
Aug 2018
alshu said:
P1X3LD3M0N said:

Apr 22, 2019 1:14 AM

Sep 2015
I usually avoid "Isekais" because they don't seem so interesting to me.
can dis sig fit
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

29 by Haneken2086 »»
1 minute ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

67 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
5 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
26 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

67 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
29 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

29 by Jackson1333 »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.