Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 22, 2019 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More dates...I see this season is still keeping up with that gimmick.

It also looks like Origami can't get Shidou out of her head lol and of course, she goes out with him for the occasion. Been awhile since we got the multiple choice selections though. I actually kinda miss that.

I think the first half of the episode was absurd. Apparently, this show seems to have a fetish for Origami in a cat outfit lul. They're really managed to bring Origami back and we even got the kiss!
Stark700Mar 22, 2019 7:04 AM
Mar 22, 2019 7:10 AM

Jul 2014
That was horrible WTF was that! derpy faces were all over the place! damn you J.C, DAMN YOU!
The story was fun tho, dates with Origami is always more fun than the other girls cause of her crazy antics, Shido literally took her to a love hotel, its almost like he was ready to do her. Too bad the art couldn't live up to it, no animation in sight even the fights were still frames.
Just end... end this suffering.
-StrayMar 22, 2019 7:25 AM
Mar 22, 2019 7:25 AM

Apr 2015
This season is just hard to watch. Animation is so bad, and here I thought, that J.C. can make good stuff. Never more.

Plot is mediocre, but with this art and animation I can't give high, or even medium score. I am watching Date a Live only because I watched previous seasons. So i hope it's the last season, so I won't have to watch it more. I don't want to suffer.
Mar 22, 2019 7:28 AM

Jan 2018
Ugh, the animation can't even complain anymore but I liked it how they didn't mess up the date with Origami I mean that was one of the best part of vol 11 of the novel but it still felt like something is missing.

Seems like Origami arc is finished now so what are they going to do with the next episode I hope just oh god just I hope that they won't do Itsuka Disaster vol 12 in one whole episode because that vol was my most favorite of the whole series and Im very sure that they're gonna end up ruin it better do some filler crap instead of vol 12.

On a side note can somebody tell which girl has kissed Shido the most? well from both anime and if u want LN too.

Please oh just please for God sake just don't adapt vol 12 Itsuka Disaster in one whole episode because it's gonna be a biggest disaster of the series.
Mar 22, 2019 7:32 AM

Apr 2013
Origami who has a sense of shame having to deal with her other personality's habbits was hilarious, in the aphrodisiac store Innocent Origami subconsciously picks a bunch of items she doesn't even consciously know, or waking up wearing a swimsuit and later she regains consciousness just before she is about to lick Shido's spoon and is forced to take pictures of Shido's Belly right after that, all causing much embaressment for her.

lol Kotori beeing on high alert when she finds out Shido already arranged a Date with Origami before she knew anything and she is just jealously watching the entire Date.

Loved the scene when both Origamis faced each other in their consciousness, with the Light and Darkness background and when they shared their memories, a sad but also really beautiful moment
Even with both personalities merged and having her tragic memories recovered Origami can smile, good job Shido Origami Best Girl
DelusionalUzumeMar 22, 2019 7:49 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 22, 2019 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
So did they go back to the Original World or Did both Origamis revert back into the old one in the current world?

I dunno seemed like a rushed ending.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 22, 2019 7:38 AM

Jul 2014
SoraSenpai said:
So did they go back to the Original World or Did both Origamis revert back into the old one in the current world?

I dunno seemed like a rushed ending.

They merged and this is still the new timeline.
Mar 22, 2019 7:55 AM
Nov 2015
Hanler said:
This season is just hard to watch. Animation is so bad, and here I thought, that J.C. can make good stuff. Never more.

Plot is mediocre, but with this art and animation I can't give high, or even medium score. I am watching Date a Live only because I watched previous seasons. So i hope it's the last season, so I won't have to watch it more. I don't want to suffer.

How is the plot mediocre? Did you just randomly watch this episode and skipped the last 6 episodes or something? You're being biased right now, sure the animation is not good at all, but you gotta give it to the show that the plot in this season was good.
Mar 22, 2019 7:58 AM

Jul 2012
Okay the kiss was great, but well animation went to another level of awfulness.
Mar 22, 2019 8:01 AM
Nov 2015
allenjke said:

Just JC Staff being JC Staff and putting all their animators on OPM and leaving DAL to be outsourced.
Mar 22, 2019 8:03 AM
Jan 2018
JonasDown said:
allenjke said:

Just JC Staff being JC Staff and putting all their animators on OPM and leaving DAL to be outsourced.

Have you seen the PV for OPM it's hardly going to be any better then this. And there's isn't just one team for all animes they do. If anything they put all there good animators on the movies and the animator shortage since 2017 is also a problem as well and it might have gotten worse

Dosnt help that the distribution of anime is bad . Due to piracy and the animators and studio's loseing out of money
Mattinator95Mar 22, 2019 8:11 AM
Mar 22, 2019 8:03 AM

Sep 2015
Origami finally smiled. God she just skyrocketed at least 5 places in the best girl ranking.
Mar 22, 2019 8:09 AM
Nov 2015
So I have to voice my complaints about the animation on this one becuase the episode was rushed, inconsistent and overall could have been a lot better. A lot of scenes were skipped and everything that transpired came off as sloopy. I have to say, as a reader of the LN, I've gotta give it to them becuase they at least put effort into revelant scenes such as Origami finding out she killed her parents, and other scenes that had really consistent art an animation but just like in episode 5 which was the climax of Natsumi's arc, the animation suddenly took a huge nosedive. I'm starting to wonder if they're doing this on purpose.

Another thing that's worrying me is that this episode should have been the end of the season and yet episode 12 appears to be adapting the next volume of the series. Why? This is raising red flags all over the place. I can't see how they're gonna adapt another volume in just one episode. Are they out of their mind?
Mar 22, 2019 8:11 AM

Apr 2016
Ok... I didn't expect them to finish this arc at this episode. Plus, I didn't expect them to make the last episode a filler. (Btw is it really a filler or it's the adaptation of Vol.12 ?)
Mar 22, 2019 8:13 AM
May 2009
Itsuka Disaster is coming up next judging from the title at the end of the episode. This is sad they are gonna adapt Volume 12 in one episode which is a recipe for disaster.
Mar 22, 2019 8:14 AM
Nov 2015
oimar10 said:
Ok... I didn't expect them to finish this arc at this episode. Plus, I didn't expect them to make the last episode a filler. (Btw is it really a filler or it's the adaptation of Vol.12 ?)

From the looks of it it's volume 12 which is very worrying. How in the hell are they gonna adapt the whole volume in one episode? Are they gonna skip a 3/4 of the volume to be able to do so?
Mar 22, 2019 8:20 AM

Apr 2016
I mean they have 12 episodes. They could make 6 for Natsumi and 6 for Origami OR they could make 5 for Natsumi (because she isn't the most popular) and 7 for Origami (which is comprehensible because this arc is one of the most interesting of the LN). But if they really want to make Vol.12 (which is absurd) in 1 episode. They have to make a 1 hour episode at the very least. Otherwise I hope this is just a filler.
Mar 22, 2019 8:23 AM
Nov 2015
Mattinator95 said:
JonasDown said:

Have you seen the PV for OPM it's hardly going to be any better then this. And there's isn't just one team for all animes they do. If anything they put all there good animators on the movies and the animator shortage since 2017 is also a problem as well and it might have gotten worse

Dosnt help that the distribution of anime is bad . Due to piracy and the animators and studio's loseing out of money

JC Staff is being irresponsible becuase they have a lot of projects to do and some of the anime they produce are being sacrificed for others. DAL was just about slightly better than Index III in terms of animation but that's not saying much. OPM 2 is obviously gonna be better than both of those but nowhere near as good as OPM 1. Honestly, even with the huge boner the animators at JC Staff have for OPM (becuase they're constantly tweeting and posting their keyframes on twitter) they will never be as good as the first one. It pisses me off honestly.
Mar 22, 2019 8:24 AM
Feb 2017
Little bit rush but at least Shidou and Origami's date is enjoyable to watch. But volume 12 in 1 single episode is really a pure WTF
Mar 22, 2019 8:25 AM
Nov 2015
oimar10 said:
I mean they have 12 episodes. They could make 6 for Natsumi and 6 for Origami OR they could make 5 for Natsumi (because she isn't the most popular) and 7 for Origami (which is comprehensible because this arc is one of the most interesting of the LN). But if they really want to make Vol.12 (which is absurd) in 1 episode. They have to make a 1 hour episode at the very least. Otherwise I hope this is just a filler.

It's obvious it's volume 12, I remember that scene from when I read the novel. I don't know what they're thinking. If Kadokawa wanted to adapt volume 12 then they could have made an 1-hour long OVA or something.
Mar 22, 2019 8:29 AM

Jan 2018
JonasDown said:
oimar10 said:

It's obvious it's volume 12, I remember that scene from when I read the novel. I don't know what they're thinking. If Kadokawa wanted to adapt volume 12 then they could have made an 1-hour long OVA or something.

Well, they is always an option of vol 11.5 but im really worried here.
Mar 22, 2019 8:32 AM
Jan 2018
JonasDown said:
Mattinator95 said:

JC Staff is being irresponsible becuase they have a lot of projects to do and some of the anime they produce are being sacrificed for others. DAL was just about slightly better than Index III in terms of animation but that's not saying much. OPM 2 is obviously gonna be better than both of those but nowhere near as good as OPM 1. Honestly, even with the huge boner the animators at JC Staff have for OPM (becuase they're constantly tweeting and posting their keyframes on twitter) they will never be as good as the first one. It pisses me off honestly.
JonasDown said:
Mattinator95 said:

I get that it won't be like the First season but that's to be expected really. It wouldn't have been like season 1 if madhouse did 2 anyway. Just look at their latest animes as well and there next new one

It wasnt even madhouse that made season 1 be good as it was it was the director having connections at the time

Mar 22, 2019 8:37 AM

Jul 2017
Too rushed a plot, and too bad the art and animation. The J.C.Staff that could do no wrong, now is becoming mediocre. First Index, now this.

(EDIT: Found that ENGI was still helping out with the animation, and it's certainly leaps better, no wonder I couldn't avert my eyes away.

Story and plot-wise, it was a given that the Origami arc has to subside sooner for Shido and Co. to attempt and stop the Origami who has her memories swapped which formed Devil. And, we're back to the formulaic DAL formula of dating and choices! Wonderful, and that resounding kiss from the new Origami with this conflict solved.)

Wonder how the ending will look like now, really wished amidst mixed pacing and decent animation will J.C.Staff round this series up.
KANLen09Mar 23, 2019 11:51 AM
Mar 22, 2019 8:52 AM

Oct 2017
Well, that solidates this series to be one of my favourite, ever. Despite animation quality and pacing, I'm definitely giving in and buying myself all volumes of DAL, and DAB. Fallen in love with the story and this episode despite its flaws, I can say I love all of Origami.
Mar 22, 2019 10:03 AM

Oct 2010
Loved this episode, excluding the animation. Really emotional. I was about to say they should thank Kurumi for helping but then I remembered she's technically the cause of all this to begin with...
Mar 22, 2019 10:29 AM
Jun 2015
Quality is not good, story and the plot is pretty good. Kinda the story of this season to be honest, it's just dissapointing. Especially considering that Origami arc has been my favorite in light novel for god knows how long, it's a shame that we get to see it created in such quality.
Mar 22, 2019 10:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode, this! Animation seemed fine to me too by the way, I’m not sure what’s with all the hate. But I certainly expected better since this is pretty much the finale to this Origami-focused arc.

Lol, Shido sealing it all with just the kiss after a very eventful date is just like DAL. Origami’s struggles ultimately splitting into two personas was wonderfully demonstrated with some gold comedic moments but a fair share of heartrending moments too. Great usage of music this episode too. Battle scenes were a bit of a disappointment and xD @ Fraxinus taken down in seconds, but Yoshino’s transformation there was brilliantly presented. I’m not quite sure what that was about though, how’d she manage to unlock that?

Looks like Fraxinus is just about fine, lol loved that short clip on their struggles. But more importantly, the old Origami is back! Back and bold as ever, you bet lol. “My true love starts from here.” - Oh man, can’t wait to see what other moves she’ll pull up in the next episode.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 22, 2019 10:41 AM

May 2017
I really loved the Origami's Deredere personality switching with Kuudere personality and i loved how it's ended,i gotta say. Jeez,all of you complaining about animation... First:The studio that was working on two previous seasons gone bankrupt so other studio took over Date a Live 3.
Second:Take a look at Tenkuu Danzai Skelter+Heaven and Mars Of Destruction,Date a Live 3 does not have a same animation as those worst anime have,take a look even at High School DxD HERO as well,who gotten new animation.
Third:In my opinion,animation is not bad because i have no complaints about it as long Kurumi and other girls are well animated.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Mar 22, 2019 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode to presumably end Origami's arc with; it was funny seeing her kuudere self come out during the date, and Shido helping save her was executed very well.

I suppose it's now a matter of what they're gonna fill the final episode with, as this would have been reasonbly fine as a conclusion to the season.
Mar 22, 2019 11:05 AM

Apr 2009
Please bring back Long Haired Origam she is superior to short haired
Mar 22, 2019 11:14 AM
Jan 2017
At last, Shido saves Origami! The main event of the season concludes in a satisfying manner.The animation quality seems to drop every now and then, and the story seems a bit rushed. The battle and Shido's rescue could have been saved for the next episode, but I guess J.C. Staff didn't want to stretch the story more than necessary. Even so, I enjoyed the finished product and I definitely look forward to the season finale. This has been an amazing journey and I can't wait to see how it ends.
Mar 22, 2019 1:04 PM

Nov 2018
the animation was really bad
Mar 22, 2019 1:08 PM
Sep 2015
People complain about drawing quality (this is not animation issue wow shocking Truth) but you will all forget it when BD will come out (like for previous seasons)

Anyway, very good episode ! I love it
This is why I began to love Origami when I read her arc
Mar 22, 2019 1:10 PM

May 2018
Origami short hair = best girl
Origami long hair = best girl
Origami any length of hair = best girl
Mar 22, 2019 1:24 PM
Jan 2018
So what are the chances that they are gonna Blue ball us and only adapt the First half or the start of the volume every LN reader is talking about
Mar 22, 2019 1:29 PM

May 2018
Ok, so Origami get's back to her original self, one more ep to go and it kinda looks like a filler than anything else.
Mar 22, 2019 2:00 PM

Apr 2015
JonasDown said:
Hanler said:

How is the plot mediocre? Did you just randomly watch this episode and skipped the last 6 episodes or something? You're being biased right now, sure the animation is not good at all, but you gotta give it to the show that the plot in this season was good.

To be honest, I don't know. Origami arc isn't that bad, but Origami killing her parents... And everything after that... It wasn't so hard to predict at all. Natsumi arc was childish for me.

I don't remember previous seasons so well, but it's possible, that Origami arc was the best, but still, animation and art ruined most of it for me.

It's just my opinion, so you don't need to agree with me. ;) Different strokes for different folks :D
Mar 22, 2019 2:13 PM
Feb 2019
Byniavo said:

Dont say that
KURUMI=BEST FCKING GIRL
Mar 22, 2019 2:19 PM
Feb 2019
Im currently reading DAL light novels and im quite far from the ending volume, can anyone confirm me that there is gonna be a 21 volume of it?

Also, I prefer reading it on the LN than watching this pure shit animation, date a live being one of my favourite stories, mostly for the plot, (and for kurumi fucking love her) is being ruined by the J.C Staff, they may have had a lot of work but hell, leave the space for other people that are really interested in animating it.
Other than that, 10/10 for this season's plot

Mod edit: added LN spoiler tag
BarnaldMar 22, 2019 2:56 PM
Mar 22, 2019 2:57 PM

May 2018
Kurumi_Aleph said:
Byniavo said:

Dont say that
KURUMI=BEST FCKING GIRL

I will squash your dreams using Zaphkiel
Mar 22, 2019 3:02 PM
Feb 2019
Byniavo said:
Kurumi_Aleph said:

Dont say that
KURUMI=BEST FCKING GIRL

Yes Please Yes please yes please yes please
Mar 22, 2019 3:13 PM

May 2018
Yud_ said:
Byniavo said:

don't worry I'll only aim for the crotch and the head
Mar 22, 2019 3:15 PM
Feb 2019
Byniavo said:
Yud_ said:

ure so kind,
no, actually im too obsessed with her...
:D
Mar 22, 2019 3:38 PM

May 2018
Yud_ said:
Byniavo said:

ure so kind,
no, actually im too obsessed with her...
:D

ur most definitely welcome :D
Mar 22, 2019 3:55 PM

Apr 2015
This was the most emotional driven arc so far, by not mentioning the art/animation. I liked it, personally feel like it was very well handled. Origami is back to her usual self.

I gotta love what Yoshino did, the way she kinda merged with Yoshinon was pretty cool, I can't recall if I had seen that before in previous seasons or not.
Mar 22, 2019 4:04 PM

Jun 2017
Okay, so they remained in the new merged timeline, that's clear, both Origami's merged, that's clear.

The only thing I don't get is how did she still have the spirit powers when she shouldn't have got them? Or did those come along with the memories? So like, even though she never even met Phantom in the new timeline, since the timelines were disturbed in the first place she had the powers from the previous timeline anyway, just in a dormant state and they ended up awakening in the new one.

Despite the derpy animation I am enjoying this season the most so far.

CeddyyBearr said:
This was the most emotional driven arc so far, by not mentioning the art/animation. I liked it, personally feel like it was very well handled. Origami is back to her usual self.

I gotta love what Yoshino did, the way she kinda merged with Yoshinon was pretty cool, I can't recall if I had seen that before in previous seasons or not.

Oh, so I was not the only one who didn't remember Yoshino with the cool armor lol.
Mar 22, 2019 4:13 PM

Aug 2014
the animation was horrible but at least the story was a lot better this season. i hope if there is going to be a season 4 or 5 that they either change the studio, or give the animators more time/money to actually make it better than this.
This is probably the best Date a live season when it comes to plot but the worst when it comes to animation
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 22, 2019 4:35 PM

Apr 2015
MomoSinX said:
Okay, so they remained in the new merged timeline, that's clear, both Origami's merged, that's clear.

The only thing I don't get is how did she still have the spirit powers when she shouldn't have got them? Or did those come along with the memories? So like, even though she never even met Phantom in the new timeline, since the timelines were disturbed in the first place she had the powers from the previous timeline anyway, just in a dormant state and they ended up awakening in the new one.

Despite the derpy animation I am enjoying this season the most so far.

CeddyyBearr said:

Oh, so I was not the only one who didn't remember Yoshino with the cool armor lol.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that noticed the cool armor. After some backtracking in previous seasons, appearently this was the first time she used the fusion ability.
Mar 22, 2019 6:44 PM

Sep 2010
Wait, what? Didn't expect Origami's arc to end until next episode. O.o?
The next episode's title suggests they're going to adapt volume 12 "Itsuka Disaster", and if that's not a double-length episode, it might be a disaster for a completely different reason. >.> Or is it really only worth one episode?

Was hoping to see the perverted Origami with long hair... looks like she cut it as soon as she got that personality back again. Seems like a rushed ending. >.< I'm also not seeing how they get the bright starry background for Origami... The backgrounds for every other spirit in the OP make sense. If anything, something like Tohka's or Miku's background with a night sky instead of a sunset would seem to make more sense.

I didn't detect a lot of bad art this episode... O.o? Maybe when they draw 6 spirits in the same shot, or some outlines with the wrong thickness, or after the credits start showing, but nothing compared to episode 1. Or am I just getting used to it?

Interesting how Shido thinks to probe for Origami's original personality, with the love hotel, and the aphrodisiac store. ...and it actually works. Origami even remembers the outfit Shido said he likes in the OVA: swimsuit with dog ears and tail. xD

MomoSinX said:

The only thing I don't get is how did she still have the spirit powers when she shouldn't have got them? Or did those come along with the memories? So like, even though she never even met Phantom in the new timeline, since the timelines were disturbed in the first place she had the powers from the previous timeline anyway, just in a dormant state and they ended up awakening in the new one. -snip-
I'm guessing the Phantom found her in the 'B' timeline too, thus fulfilling the two conditions to access memories from the 'A' timeline: shot by Yod Bet, and possessing spirit power. For Shido, his memories from the A timeline simply overruled his memories from the B timeline, much like for Okabe Rintarou whenever they sent a d-mail in Steins;Gate. For Origami, her happy memories from the B timeline are, fortunately, not overruled by her memories of the A timeline, maybe because they're just too different. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

What I find confusing is that the B timeline can only exist if a time-travelling Shido and Angel Origami from the A timeline arrive in it and cause a certain event to happen - saving Origami's parents. ...Putting it that way, it reminds me of the ending of Steins;Gate, where
TakataMar 22, 2019 9:43 PM
Mar 22, 2019 10:05 PM
Jan 2016
I loved the date between Shido and Origami, even with her diferent version it was awesome, Shido chosed options that original Origami would make, and was really funny how Origami without knowing why, acted like original Origami! The part where she was thinking what to answer to Shido in phone message was adorable!

It is always nice to see Origami with swimsuit and dog ears!

Kiss moment was beautiful!

Finaly Origami is back, i wont forget teh long hair version, i am glad for see her smiling and acting as normal!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

137 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 24, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

199 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 23, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:22 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

166 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.