Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 4, 2019 5:49 PM

Apr 2016
Only a light snack usually. That's my normal routine for watching anything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2019 5:51 PM

Nov 2016
To have a little feast while watching anime after a workout is pure bliss.

Pullman said:
No, I eat while I watch anime. Big difference :>.

But I never eat breakfast, so a hard no on that. It's 10pm and I didn't even have a meal today yet, despite being up since 7am -.-

Your intermittent fasting game is strong pal.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2019 6:07 PM

May 2013
If its a slower anime, ive already read the manga or it's a dub
Mar 4, 2019 6:13 PM

Dec 2018
Greyleaf said:
I eat, drink coffee, and smoke weed while watching anime. You can mix anything with anime! :D

Amen lmao.
Weed + anime = enlightenment XD
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Mar 4, 2019 6:21 PM

Dec 2018
TigersAndDragons said:
I'm fairly certain I speak for everyone when I say it would be strange if we didn't.

Other anime watching activities include:
Drinking tea
Drinking alcohol
Pissing into a bottle so I don't have to walk to the bathroom
Pissing into a bottle because it's mildly amusing
Strategically placing piss bottles so I don't instinctively drink from them
Avoid drinking from piss bottles
Jacking off to an NHentai doujin I have on alt+tab
Jacking off to the anime I'm watching
Jacking off to Shadba- wait no Shadman that's a dick
Talking on the MAL Foru- wait no that's a 6 digit code to an NTR doujin
Attempting to watch another anime on KissAni- and now I have a virus
Attempting to install adblock on KissAni- and now I'm blocked

LOL TF did I just read? I can’t relate to almost any of that but comment of the year regardless
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 4, 2019 6:22 PM

Jan 2018
Do people have this much trouble eating and reading subs? It usually only takes me briefly glancing at the bottom of the screen to catch and retain everything that was said. I mean, I wouldn't sit down with a steak and try to watch The Tatami Galaxy, but I eat when I watch anime all the time and don't think much of it.

Hokage_Jason said:

Damn straight, buddy! xD

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Mar 4, 2019 6:29 PM

Dec 2018
Greyleaf said:
Do people have this much trouble eating and reading subs? It usually only takes me briefly glancing at the bottom of the screen to catch and retain everything that was said. I mean, I wouldn't sit down with a steak and try to watch The Tatami Galaxy, but I eat when I watch anime all the time and don't think much of it.

Hokage_Jason said:

Damn straight, buddy! xD

I normally watch dubs so I’m not super experienced reading subs, but I just watched school days subbed (fuck that show.) and am currently watching Oregairu subbed and have been able to eat ramen while reading.

I have had to pause at times when there was a lot of text and it wasn’t given enough time but that wasn’t related to eating.
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 4, 2019 6:33 PM

Sep 2018
Best anime to go with yer food are defn shitcom(on loop) and corpse party. Yer welcome.
Mar 4, 2019 6:38 PM

Jan 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
Greyleaf said:

Damn straight, buddy! xD

I normally watch dubs so I’m not super experienced reading subs, but I just watched school days subbed (fuck that show.) and am currently watching Oregairu subbed and have been able to eat ramen while reading.

I have had to pause at times when there was a lot of text and it wasn’t given enough time but that wasn’t related to eating.

I wasn't referring to you exclusively haha, I only quoted you afterwards xD

But yeah, you get faster with subs the more you watch. Over time it becomes pretty easy to filter unimportant material such as background filler (other characters talking alongside the main conversation) when split subs come up, etc. I'm kinda at the point where I can piece together both words I'm hearing in Japanese with the rest of the sentence in English, making reading it even quicker. I just can't do dubs (other than Bebop and Baccano) because they all sound so lifeless :P

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Mar 4, 2019 6:39 PM

Sep 2015
Hokage_Jason said:
TigersAndDragons said:
I'm fairly certain I speak for everyone when I say it would be strange if we didn't.

Other anime watching activities include:
Drinking tea
Drinking alcohol
Pissing into a bottle so I don't have to walk to the bathroom
Pissing into a bottle because it's mildly amusing
Strategically placing piss bottles so I don't instinctively drink from them
Avoid drinking from piss bottles
Jacking off to an NHentai doujin I have on alt+tab
Jacking off to the anime I'm watching
Jacking off to Shadba- wait no Shadman that's a dick
Talking on the MAL Foru- wait no that's a 6 digit code to an NTR doujin
Attempting to watch another anime on KissAni- and now I have a virus
Attempting to install adblock on KissAni- and now I'm blocked

LOL TF did I just read? I can’t relate to almost any of that but comment of the year regardless

You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you
Mar 4, 2019 7:04 PM

May 2017
MechKingKillbot said:
If I'm eating by myself, yes. If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to maximize my time.

I'm the same way. It's hard to eat and play video games because I need my hands to eat and I am constantly trying to use my time as efficiently as possible to keep up with all my hobbies. I also try to eat something that does not require me to look at very much, but I've also reached the point where I can read subtitles quick enough to be able to spare a few glances. Although sometimes I still end up missing some but not that often. I also always watch the OPs and EDs and I don't need my full focus on those so I eat what I need to look at then.
Mar 4, 2019 7:10 PM

Jun 2015
I always eat/watch simultaneously. That reminds me, I need to microwave some food. meow hungry.
Mar 4, 2019 8:57 PM

Jan 2019
Hi. When watching anime i don't really eat, but that's because i start watching at 9pm. What kinda foods you eat whilst watching?
[/img]
Mar 4, 2019 8:59 PM

Jan 2019
KuroudoAkabane said:
I always eat/watch simultaneously. That reminds me, I need to microwave some food. meow hungry.

Hehe this is a chain reaction. Now i am hungry aha
[/img]
Mar 4, 2019 10:22 PM

Aug 2018
Sometimes during a snack or lunch... At first I couldn't do it but I started getting used to how long it would take during some anime to move to the next subtitle so I'd know exactly when I'd have time to eat.

Also I got quicker with reading the sub itself...

But generally I don't do it during a meal where my parents are present as I think I would just disappoint them LOL
Mar 4, 2019 10:25 PM

Jan 2019
I would say only when I am not smoking.
Mar 4, 2019 10:39 PM

Sep 2014
ofc. it makes the food taste better.
Mar 4, 2019 11:15 PM

May 2018
It depends on the anime :)
if the anime needs my full attention then no but if its an anime to watch for fun then yes :D

Mar 4, 2019 11:19 PM
Aug 2018
Sometimes. Coz some anime is just good so u can miss a little scenes but sometimes its just awesome u can't do anything but watch it.
Mar 4, 2019 11:22 PM

Oct 2018
A sometimes have chips but it gets really goddamn annoying when my greasy fingers go all over the pause button and my screen becomes a smudge of grease

Mar 4, 2019 11:22 PM

Jul 2014
Its rare for me not to be munching on something while I watch anime.

Gilliesss said:
A sometimes have chips but it gets really goddamn annoying when my greasy fingers go all over the pause button and my screen becomes a smudge of grease

Use your knuckles.
Mar 4, 2019 11:25 PM

Oct 2018
SithSteel said:

Gilliesss said:

Use your knuckles.

I’d just end up accidentally punching the screen

Mar 4, 2019 11:29 PM

Jul 2014
Gilliesss said:
SithSteel said:

Use your knuckles.

I’d just end up accidentally punching the screen

Erm...how?

gfdcfgchvjhcfjjkngvj
Mar 4, 2019 11:30 PM

Aug 2016
Yeah pretty often, but Something I could eat without glanced away my computer
Mar 4, 2019 11:36 PM
Feb 2018
Sometimes, but the food usually doesnt last for more than 5 min, which is quite annoying.
Mar 4, 2019 11:42 PM

Feb 2015
Dude I even eat and drink while scrolling ..ᕙ༼ˊ◡ˋ༽ᕗ
Mar 4, 2019 11:48 PM

Apr 2011
All of the time.
My sister thinks I'm crazy because I watch with subtitles but I manage just fine.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Mar 5, 2019 12:32 AM

Sep 2013
I like to have lunch or dinner with my brother and watch an episode of an anime while we eat. Currently that was Angel Beats until recently, now it would be Suisei no Gargantia.
Mar 5, 2019 12:35 AM
Jul 2018
Yes the first time I watched aot I didn't stop watching till the end so I ate my meals while watching it
Mar 5, 2019 12:35 AM
Bad Opinions

Feb 2014
Yes, in fact, I usually eat right after I get back from classes and watch anime while I do so. It's relaxing after class for sure.
Mar 5, 2019 12:39 AM

Mar 2017
most of here in MAL watch anime while masturbating
Mar 5, 2019 12:41 AM

May 2015
Yes, when I have lunch break at work >w<
Human relationships are chemical reactions. If you have a reaction then you can never return back to your previous state of being.
- Kaneki Ken
Mar 5, 2019 1:14 AM

May 2017
yes, but only on weekends. That means my lazy mode is active
Mar 5, 2019 3:40 AM

Jan 2016
only for chill anime. i won't move a bit if it's a serious one.
Mar 5, 2019 3:45 AM

Jan 2016
Yeah I actually watch while I eat. It's not like eating and watching are such hard tasks not to multitask it with each other lol.
Mar 5, 2019 3:50 AM

Oct 2013
Sometimes, I eat while watching some anime, especially if I'm really hungry. But for the most part, I think eating while watching something can be a disturbance in my whole watching mood/experience. So whenever that happens, I stop/pause the video that I'm watching and take my time finishing my food/snack,then return into watching that anime!
Mar 5, 2019 3:54 AM

May 2018
Not really, I like to focus more on the show than eating. But I do watch anime while eating sometimes
Mar 5, 2019 6:09 AM
Feb 2014
Not usually, no. I choose a time to watch anime when i don't have to eat and especially so if it's an anime that may potentially be too violent or gory cause i don't want to get nauseous.
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Mar 5, 2019 7:37 AM

Oct 2014
I almost always eat something while watching and if I'm not eating, I drink coffee or do something else. I just can't sit there like a rock staring at a screen without doing something else at the same time. Idk why, but if I multitask I can also better focus on the anime...
Mar 5, 2019 10:38 AM

Aug 2017
when i eat breakfast in the mornings but that's all
Mar 5, 2019 11:06 AM

Oct 2018
Yeah, it's nice to snack on some peanuts or something.
Mar 5, 2019 12:12 PM
Mar 2018
most of the time, no. but thats because i usually would rather watch the show now than prepare food. but, if I have free time and there's no homework or anything, me and my friend would usually cook food and drink milk tea while watching
Mar 5, 2019 12:13 PM
Dec 2010
I watch anime on my phone while cooking. It's about the only hour I really, completely have to myself, so I make the most of it.
Mar 5, 2019 1:14 PM
Jul 2017
Definitely, yeah. If I want to watch anime I usually go and get myself something to eat.. anything from candy to burgers or a full course meal. It's like a habit :D.

I just find it hard to start watching anime without anything to eat. It was really fun when Shokugeki No Souma was airing, that's when it was 100% that I had to get something to eat.

FOOD + ANIME = HAPPINESS
Mar 5, 2019 1:25 PM

Dec 2015
Well I’ve never really eaten while watching anime before tbh, but I wouldn’t be against it
Mar 5, 2019 1:32 PM

May 2018
My computer is the only place I eat my food or drink tea/coffee at.
And it's not watching while eating, it's eating while watching :D

Mar 5, 2019 1:41 PM

Mar 2017
nahh what kind of loser would do that
Mar 5, 2019 1:41 PM

Mar 2017
Mucosa said:
Does water count? I have always a bottle of water near me

"Do you watch anime while eating"?

"eating"
Mar 5, 2019 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
I used to. Until I realized that the sound of me eating makes it hard to hear what's being said (when watching dubs). Still, I think I might try doing so again.
Mar 5, 2019 1:53 PM

Mar 2014
even when i'm with friends eating we generally like to watch something, even though they aren't huge fans of anime so we'll watch something else instead.
sometimes i'll watch anime and eat breakfast, but i actually enjoy reading manga and eating breakfast more. i usually watch anime right before bed.
"short and human alien that doesn't age badass cunt two guns explosions"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Will we get more anime's that reflect "Stoner Comedy"?

GoatPieceLuffy - 1 hour ago

15 by chair-sama »»
2 minutes ago

» anime character you like but wouldn't invite to your birthday party / wedding?

lifesaver64 - 12 hours ago

16 by APolygons2 »»
5 minutes ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - 10 hours ago

30 by LeonhartAugust »»
7 minutes ago

» Simping for anime/manga creators. Do you do it? How do you do it?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

14 by LeonhartAugust »»
8 minutes ago

» Why is there a stigma in the anime community towards people who enjoy children anime? Like YuGiOh, Pokemon, PreCure etc.

removed-user - May 10

28 by ReverseSL »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.