Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 5, 2018 4:02 PM

Jul 2016
Good job Bones, they kept up the sense of danger atmosphere of this arc.

Aizawa decided to shoulder the responsibility of his students that will use their quirks to defend themselves, rather than just using it without permission, so they will not end up like Midoriya, Todoroki and on the Hosu incident with Stain, where they have violated the rule of the Police force, iirc as shown in the flashback, where unsupervised individuals who use their quirks to others that may end up harmed himself and the other party without the permission of their supervisor.

Rather than choosing to save first, based on Midoriya's character,
Can't wait for next week.
May 5, 2018 4:53 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Twice coming through!!

I was waiting for the KACCHAN scene for weeks. HAHA.
May 5, 2018 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
last episode that water attack only did surprised me and glad to see it was actually his quirk. Nice.

Anyway, the hype train continues and this episode also did definitely lived upto my expectation and very pleasing to see the "battle of wits" so far.
May 5, 2018 5:16 PM

Nov 2015
Revelry in the dark...

Katsura janai, Zura da

May 5, 2018 5:25 PM

Jul 2016
somerandomknight said:
After watching the episode for the second time, it seems more solid and better paced than the first view. I hate fast paced shows and I didn't like that they rushed throw it like hell, expecially the Tetsutetsu fight (I thought he was gonna have something like 10 minutes of screentime but it was pretty rushed).
Taking that out, the animation and OSTs were on point but I still don't get way they started with a "recap" of the end of the fight. It's one minute of the episode that could've been more productive (like the first episode, totally unnecessary).

7/10

Funny you say that since the fight lasts for exactly 10 pages in the manga (pages 6 to 15 of Chapter 79). This episode didn't even adapt 3 whole chapters, do you consider adapting 3 chapters full of action in a single episode rushed? (I can understand if it's 3 chapters full of dialogue, but that's not the case here).

Hey, you gave TG:re and BnHA 3 the same score? Even though the TG:re anime is rushed as hell.
May 5, 2018 5:27 PM

Apr 2016
I still need to know what happened to Ragdoll!!!! Don't leave me like this!!!
May 5, 2018 5:35 PM
Mar 2016
GoofbalPath53 said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

You don't need to wait that long, the second arc is probably only 3-4 episodes away.

The second half of the season will be weaker though. So don't expect the whole season to be this good.

The 4th arc is during the first cour, so unless they cram the 5th arc into the first cour, the 4th should be 1-13 and the 5th 14-25.

And awwww, I was kinda hoping it would be as good because of what that kinda lad said :( either way I'm still excited to see where it goes!

The current arc is already 2/3 over. There isn't enough content left for the arc to go on for another 8 episodes. The first cour will definitely be two arcs by the current pacing. They announced it was adapting the school trip arc, but usually they only announce the first arc they're adapting. Before the second cour of season 2, they only announced the Stain Arc if I remember right.

Plus, it's not really cramming them into one cour. They're both not really that long by themselves. The 2nd cour will be one arc and will most definitely end at the start of the longest arc so far. It will not be as good as the first cour, but it is a necessary arc for the plot.

The longest arc of the manga, that will probably fill up nearly all of season 4 is really great though imo. Although the fanbase was divided, there were some people who hated it and others who think it's the best arc. It will probably get teased a little at the end of this season.

The manga definitely is still really great at the moment, it will just hit its first peak this season. The second peak plotwise will be during season 4. What we're getting after the second peak is still really great though. So it's not like it's overall getting worse after hitting that first peak.
May 5, 2018 5:54 PM

May 2018
ArtG1 said:

Also, Twice reminds me of Deadpool lol
Solid episode, can't wait for next week!

twice is great, i love him c:

i'm glad we're getting to see more villains animated, i absolutely adore most of their designs.
May 5, 2018 6:51 PM

Feb 2013
Kendoo... Finally she has her time to shine. Hope she'll get more screen time in the future.
May 5, 2018 7:00 PM

Feb 2018
TheEnhancedExe said:
The current arc is already 2/3 over. There isn't enough content left for the arc to go on for another 8 episodes. The first cour will definitely be two arcs by the current pacing. They announced it was adapting the school trip arc, but usually they only announce the first arc they're adapting. Before the second cour of season 2, they only announced the Stain Arc if I remember right.

Plus, it's not really cramming them into one cour. They're both not really that long by themselves. The 2nd cour will be one arc and will most definitely end at the start of the longest arc so far. It will not be as good as the first cour, but it is a necessary arc for the plot.

The longest arc of the manga, that will probably fill up nearly all of season 4 is really great though imo. Although the fanbase was divided, there were some people who hated it and others who think it's the best arc. It will probably get teased a little at the end of this season.

The manga definitely is still really great at the moment, it will just hit its first peak this season. The second peak plotwise will be during season 4. What we're getting after the second peak is still really great though. So it's not like it's overall getting worse after hitting that first peak.

Yeah I see what you mean. Now that I think about it, you're right. This fight wouldn't be able to last another 8 episode so a filler subarc(?) would make sense. And I see what you mean about the arc for the 2nd cour not being as good if it's a lead-in to the season 4 arc, I could see it feeling incomplete. However, if you say that the season 4 arc is gonna be great, ima believe ya. I have a feeling you have good judgement on this.

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
May 5, 2018 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
ehhhh it's your boi twice forgot he even showed up here ,seeing all this animated really shows how quick shit went down in this arc and still manages to make the moment to moment action feel intense.
May 5, 2018 7:22 PM
Jul 2014
GoofbalPath53 said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

Yeah I see what you mean. Now that I think about it, you're right. This fight wouldn't be able to last another 8 episode so a filler subarc(?) would make sense. And I see what you mean about the arc for the 2nd cour not being as good if it's a lead-in to the season 4 arc, I could see it feeling incomplete. However, if you say that the season 4 arc is gonna be great, ima believe ya. I have a feeling you have good judgement on this.

Lol you aren't understanding what he means. After this arc ends in like 3 episodes, the next arc will last about 5 episodes, it will NOT be filler, it will be the full adaptation of the canon arc. Both of these arcs will probably fit in 1st cour of this season.
May 5, 2018 7:33 PM

Apr 2018
Tokoyami seems like his power would be better suited to a villain, to have a dark shadow that gets stronger in the darkness I mean. Doesn't seem like a power a super hero should have, then again I suppose the same can be said about kachan. (side note* love how deku calls him kachan, lol)
May 5, 2018 7:58 PM

Jan 2016
Kreemy said:
Noctur said:
This one was full of ass-pulls, good god.
Edit: Poor writing is a more accurate description.
where are the ass pulls?
Did you read my edit?
May 5, 2018 8:12 PM

Feb 2013
Noctur said:
Kreemy said:
where are the ass pulls?
Did you read my edit?
wasn't sure if you were distinguishing them as different things.

what are the instances of poor writing you're referring to?
May 5, 2018 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
Another fantastic episode!
Those guys from B class did a great job, that guy was really annoying.
Things are a little better now than the previous episode.

I'm glad that Eraser wasn't defeated so easily, for a moment i got scared.

WOW! That's Tokoyami? OMG! He is probably one of the strongest heroes in this battle, his quirk is one of the best! If he can learn how to control it, he would help the heroes a lot. Can't wait to see his full power!

When Midoriya will stop, he will probably just fall, he is so tired and injured.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 5, 2018 9:07 PM

Jan 2015
That's it, the moment of Mandalay broadcasting the permission for engaging in combat to the students is the moment of I waited for. Which means it's time for "real" action from the students, lots of it. OR so I thought it would be for this episode. Oh well, next week it is for another continuation of students in action.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 5, 2018 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, impressive performance by the students.
May 5, 2018 9:15 PM
Apr 2016
ahh i love watching bakugou!! hes so entertaining in everythign he does, i kind of wish he got a bit more screen time (even i really loved the episode)
May 5, 2018 9:33 PM

Apr 2015
Still waiting for Toga vs the girls... Great ep though... I'm super pumped for the next one
May 5, 2018 9:35 PM

Feb 2018
Drillkage said:
GoofbalPath53 said:

Lol you aren't understanding what he means. After this arc ends in like 3 episodes, the next arc will last about 5 episodes, it will NOT be filler, it will be the full adaptation of the canon arc. Both of these arcs will probably fit in 1st cour of this season.

No, no, I understood what he meant. In hindsight, filler wasn't the best word I coulda chosen lol. What I meant was that they were using canon material to fill in the gap between the 2 main arcs of this season (not sure if this is any better than "filler" but ah well, hopefully you get what I mean). That was my bad tho lmao sorry
Kwen53May 5, 2018 9:38 PM

May 5, 2018 10:00 PM

May 2015
F*ck just when I was really into the episode came the end and with a massive cliffhanger...
May 5, 2018 10:10 PM
Mar 2015
Great job with all the fights
May 5, 2018 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
Tokoyamis quirk seems pretty difficult, he has an actual living being that can go insane living inside him >.<
May 5, 2018 10:53 PM
Dec 2017
Bakugo is going Sasuke
May 5, 2018 11:38 PM
Dec 2011
TheEnhancedExe said:

What??? Incorrect, I've never seen or hear that the fanbase is divided about whether that arc is good or not they are just divided if it's the best arc or not. Who ever thinks that arc wasn't good, is the same person who says that the Marineford arc in One Piece, or Chimera ant arc in HXH aren't good.
May 5, 2018 11:45 PM

Jan 2016
Kreemy said:
Noctur said:
Did you read my edit?

My main issue is in regards to Horikoshi having to make a clarification note explaining how Deku suddenly gained the "power" to defeat Muscular, who was at his peak. That power up just felt like a major ass-pull and although you can excuse it by explaining the workings of OFA, it does a very poor job in creating and following the power ceiling in the show because of this constant "go beyond" logic. It feels similar to something out of Fairy Tail/Naruto.
Also the fact that Eraser head let the "almost dead Deku" run into the battlefield whilst he took Kota back was stupid. Like he couldn't see how beaten up Deku was and forgot his responsibilities as a teacher (protecting the students irony lmao) or something.
May 5, 2018 11:57 PM
Dec 2011
GoofbalPath53 said:

The 4th arc is during the first cour, so unless they cram the 5th arc into the first cour, the 4th should be 1-13 and the 5th 14-25.

And awwww, I was kinda hoping it would be as good because of what that kinda lad said :( either way I'm still excited to see where it goes!

It isn't bad at all, if you liked the tournament arc you definitely gonna like the second cour arc, they are at the same level in my opinion. In fact it's more important to the story than the tournament arc.
It's just that It's squashed between two of the best arcs in Boku no Hero, that's why.
Also the standards of Boku no Hero Acamdeima fanbase gone high up. I mean the current arc in the manga is Stain arc level or even better in my opinion yet the fanbase is divided whether to like or not.
To sum it up the more you go in the story the more it gets better and better and dark...

May 6, 2018 12:16 AM
Dec 2011
Noctur said:
Kreemy said:

My main issue is in regards to Horikoshi having to make a clarification note explaining how Deku suddenly gained the "power" to defeat Muscular, who was at his peak. That power up just felt like a major ass-pull and although you can excuse it by explaining the workings of OFA, it does a very poor job in creating and following the power ceiling in the show because of this constant "go beyond" logic. It feels similar to something out of Fairy Tail/Naruto.
Also the fact that Eraser head let the "almost dead Deku" run into the battlefield whilst he took Kota back was stupid. Like he couldn't see how beaten up Deku was and forgot his responsibilities as a teacher (protecting the students irony lmao) or something.

Deku already has the power he's just limited on using it due to his body strength. When he fought Muscular and stated 100%, that wasn't 100% at all not even the 1000000% was a 100% of One For All power. So basically he need to have a strength like All Might to use the real 100%. I know this sounds confusing and not clear. but believe me Horikoshi does do a good job in powering up All for One in a creative way.
But this time It's definitely Horikoshi fault, he did admit the mistake. He also stated that he will try to represent it more clearly next time.
May 6, 2018 12:22 AM

May 2016
Just finished it a while ago and maaaan I can't stop fan girling every single episode. This hasn't happened to me before yet...
May 6, 2018 12:25 AM

Jun 2009
Chento said:
I wonder what made Tokoyami-kun's quirks go berserk

Hype for the next episode!

well if you havent seen it shouji lost a arm will fighing and prodecting tokoyama
even soo it isnt a big deal for shouji but it triggered tokoyamis anger and he lost himself in this
May 6, 2018 12:37 AM
May 2018
It's time for class 1-B action! Mustard x Tetsutetsu & Kendo battle is so cool but it's so short (only 5 minutes I count), Mustard talk too much and he paid that shitty talk with a punch from Tetsutetsu. I hope the other 1-B students can get some action again like Tetsutetsu and Kendo in this episode. Nice episode but episode 4 still better than this.

Can't wait for next episode with Dark Shadow rampage!
May 6, 2018 12:40 AM

Dec 2016
I hope BNHA wont end like DBS with fight 24/7 showing who has the stronger powers..
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 6, 2018 1:58 AM
Jul 2017
joe_g7 said:
398288 said:
it has been said again and again that bakugo isn't a dumbass
I said that he acts like an idiot, not that he is one. I am fully aware how capable he is.
well he won't act like an idiot if he isn't an idiot,simple eh
May 6, 2018 2:09 AM

Dec 2015
398288 said:
well he won't act like an idiot if he isn't an idiot,simple eh
Riiiiight. Whatever you say dude......
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 6, 2018 4:05 AM
Mar 2016
GoofbalPath53 said:
Drillkage said:

No, no, I understood what he meant. In hindsight, filler wasn't the best word I coulda chosen lol. What I meant was that they were using canon material to fill in the gap between the 2 main arcs of this season (not sure if this is any better than "filler" but ah well, hopefully you get what I mean). That was my bad tho lmao sorry

What you're calling cannon material to fill the gap is actually the main arc of the season. The arc in the second cour is just a breather afterwards and some people might get disappointed.
May 6, 2018 4:10 AM
Mar 2016
tiagra said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

What??? Incorrect, I've never seen or hear that the fanbase is divided about whether that arc is good or not they are just divided if it's the best arc or not. Who ever thinks that arc wasn't good, is the same person who says that the Marineford arc in One Piece, or Chimera ant arc in HXH aren't good.

There have been lots of people who didn't like it because they either misunderstood some things or were expecting things to happen that didn't happen in the end. They thought it was really predictable, but it didn't go the way they predicted. Some of them later realized they were wrong, but I've seen quite a lot of people who were disappointed. There were definitely more people who liked that arc, but it was definitely also the most controversial arc. The only arc so far in the manga where I've seen both lots of fans and lots of people who disliked it.
May 6, 2018 4:11 AM
Oct 2015
Looks like this time class A won't be taking all the spotlight after all.
It appears Tokoyami is going to have a hard time maintaining his quirk, hopefully, he'll be able to take out a couple of villains while in that state.
Heckle was here...
May 6, 2018 4:38 AM

Dec 2011
Honestly Midoriya is starting to get annoying. It was cool and all he took down Muscular but now he just needs to take a seat he's overestimating his abilities.
May 6, 2018 5:11 AM

Jul 2013
Kannei said:
Chento said:
I wonder what made Tokoyami-kun's quirks go berserk

Hype for the next episode!

well if you havent seen it shouji lost a arm will fighing and prodecting tokoyama
even soo it isnt a big deal for shouji but it triggered tokoyamis anger and he lost himself in this

Some other users already clarified this xD
I only posted this because I was thinking that there was another or a different reason why Tokoyaki-kun went berserk.
May 6, 2018 5:14 AM

Jan 2016
tiagra said:
Noctur said:

Deku already has the power he's just limited on using it due to his body strength. When he fought Muscular and stated 100%, that wasn't 100% at all not even the 1000000% was a 100% of One For All power. So basically he need to have a strength like All Might to use the real 100%. I know this sounds confusing and not clear. but believe me Horikoshi does do a good job in powering up All for One in a creative way.
But this time It's definitely Horikoshi fault, he did admit the mistake. He also stated that he will try to represent it more clearly next time.
Yeah that is confusing. It's another one of my issues that I need people reading the manga to explain stuff like this (although I anticipated an explanation it in the future) instead of actually delivering the exposition well. Also, if his body is limiting him how did he manage to pull off a punch with two broken arms against Muscular on roids?
May 6, 2018 6:09 AM

Feb 2018
tiagra said:
GoofbalPath53 said:

It isn't bad at all, if you liked the tournament arc you definitely gonna like the second cour arc, they are at the same level in my opinion. In fact it's more important to the story than the tournament arc.
It's just that It's squashed between two of the best arcs in Boku no Hero, that's why.
Also the standards of Boku no Hero Acamdeima fanbase gone high up. I mean the current arc in the manga is Stain arc level or even better in my opinion yet the fanbase is divided whether to like or not.
To sum it up the more you go in the story the more it gets better and better and dark...

Ah I see what you mean. I loved the tournament so I'll look forward to that :D can't wait to see what you're talking about with the manga arc.

May 6, 2018 6:14 AM

Feb 2018
TheEnhancedExe said:
What you're calling cannon material to fill the gap is actually the main arc of the season. The arc in the second cour is just a breather afterwards and some people might get disappointed.

Oh fr? Huh, I was just assuming that the next before the 2nd cour was gonna be more of breather (ig kinda like the exam arc but a little bit shorter?). Idk, but I suppose I won't get what you guys mean tho until we actually get that arc lol. I'll understand then tho XD

May 6, 2018 6:25 AM

Feb 2018
Noctur said:
tiagra said:
Yeah that is confusing. It's another one of my issues that I need people reading the manga to explain stuff like this (although I anticipated an explanation it in the future) instead of actually delivering the exposition well. Also, if his body is limiting him how did he manage to pull off a punch with two broken arms against Muscular on roids?

I'm not an expert in regards with MHA lore, but what I understood is that Deku was at his breaking point and was about to give up but when Kota tried to help him, it gave him resolve. I guess One For All has some sort of emotion gauge that can help the user increase its power faster. I've only just been watching the show so idk if there is a better reason in the manga, this is just what I gathered from the episode.

May 6, 2018 6:27 AM
Nov 2013
GoofbalPath53 said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

Oh fr? Huh, I was just assuming that the next before the 2nd cour was gonna be more of breather (ig kinda like the exam arc but a little bit shorter?). Idk, but I suppose I won't get what you guys mean tho until we actually get that arc lol. I'll understand then tho XD

I'll explain it easily to you lol. The school trip arc only has like 2 episode left. Then there's another arc that's only gonna last until episode 12, and it's the best arc in the whole series so far. Then episodes 13-24 are gonna be one long, but somewhat less awesome arc.
May 6, 2018 7:11 AM
Mar 2017
Loved this episode. Im just so excited to see what are they going to do with tokoyami and his quirk.
May 6, 2018 8:20 AM
Jun 2016
Thats one badass/scaryass quirk!
May 6, 2018 8:52 AM

Jan 2017
This episode was amazing, the students going on the offensive was intense and with that plot twist of tokoyami (I think) going beserk was acsurprising turn of events going aspway from that standard "heroes will vs. the villains
May 6, 2018 10:22 AM

Mar 2018
Tetsutetsu defeating Mustard was one of my favorite moment from vol 9. It was greatly adapted, but I'm sure I enjoyed it more in the manga, unlike last weeks fight which surpassed the source material in my opinion.

And I'm not sure i like Dark Shadow's red eyes, we don't really know what color they are in the manga but i definetly prefered when they were yellow.

Yeah I'm being really nitpicky on this one, but since this series isn't getting bad anytime soon let's challenge it a bit ^^
May 6, 2018 11:30 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. Everyone is trying to defend themselves since alot is going on and the villains are after Bakugo. Feels bad for Tokoyami towards the end with him and how his power is.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

121 by MrGuz »»
Yesterday, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.