Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 11, 2018 11:08 PM

Feb 2018
minaeshi said:
I think i'm one of the few people who agree with Boruto's view on Naruto, and that's saying a lot since i've been backing my boy Naruto for years LOL. I can completely understand him not knowing how to be a dad because he never had that experience, that's understandable. However, It's must have felt awful for him to not be able to celebrate his birthday with his family (even more awful to know that they died the day he was born whelp), so the LEAST he could do is not put his own kids through the pain of not having their father present to celebrate their birthdays. It's two out of 365 days, surely he has the time to finish up on work a little early to be a father for a couple hours. What also gets me is that he used a shadow clone.... could he not have gone there himself and used the shadow clone somewhere else?

I know I've watched boruto the movie twice already but watching that birthday scene again just upset me SO MUCH..... Naruto why you breaking your families hearts?

I still loved Hinata's interactions with Sasuke, if looks so awkward lol.. Both Hinata and Sasuke probably have the least amount of development in their relationship in the original Naruto.. when you look back, I don't think they've ever had a lengthy conversation together, so hearing her stutter and him just kinda not giving a damn reminding me of how they were as kids. ^^

Overall standard episode. Tugged on my nostalgia on some parts, made me cringe in others (shitty animation) Since pretty much all of it was things we've already seen except from the first part, there isn't much to say. I'll watch the upcoming episodes just in case they put more scenes not from the movie into them but it expect it will be 95% movie elaboration and 5% new content.

Borutos anger about this is somewhat understandable what annoys me about this is that given that Naruto can make thausands of shadow clones so all these situations shouldn't even happen. He shouldn't technically be able to stay at home all day long and still finish all the work.
Apr 12, 2018 12:51 AM

Jul 2015
Toneri "Don't talk to me or my waifu's son again" Ootsutsuki
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Apr 12, 2018 5:56 AM

Apr 2012
Yaaas, finally the first encounter. I'm so happy that the story seems to follow the film's storyline completely. I don't even care that I basically have to watch the whole movie again, because it was sooo good, my favorite Naruto film. :D
Apr 12, 2018 8:52 AM

Oct 2015
I only found a few new details for this arc. I thought they'd pump it full with tons of filler scenes. I'm really satisfied with how detailed it is. Not too much, not too little. so I hope it'll stay like that for the entire arc.

Also I feel so confused by Naruto's job as a hokage. Why can't he hire more people to help him? He has Shikamaru, but I'm sure they could hire a couple more people to help him out. I know there are things where the hokage is absolutely needed, but I'm sure it could be managed in a much better way.

Apr 12, 2018 7:56 PM
Jul 2014
OGAnime said:
Was expecting some badass fight scene from the movie...
Boy chill that happens near the end. This is the beginning of the arc.
Apr 12, 2018 7:57 PM
Jul 2014
Damn I'm getting the same vibes I got from the movie. Plus there's differences, which doesn't make this completely a cut and paste.
Apr 12, 2018 7:59 PM

Aug 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
There was time it set standards what animation should strive to become, both visually and philosophically.

Are you sure you've been watching the same Naruto franchise as everyone else? If so, your standards are pretty low.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Apr 13, 2018 12:40 AM
Sep 2015
this just lets us know that the next 3 episodes will follow the movie and put a few new minor details added into it. But I'm looking forward to what we see after we get past the big fight during the chunin exams
Apr 13, 2018 4:25 AM
Jan 2018
Unleashed_SM said:
OGAnime said:
Was expecting some badass fight scene from the movie...
Boy chill that happens near the end. This is the beginning of the arc.

Sasuke vs Kinshiki was literally the opening of the movie
Apr 13, 2018 4:30 AM
Jan 2018
Slim_Lamie said:
I only found a few new details for this arc. I thought they'd pump it full with tons of filler scenes. I'm really satisfied with how detailed it is. Not too much, not too little. so I hope it'll stay like that for the entire arc.

Also I feel so confused by Naruto's job as a hokage. Why can't he hire more people to help him? He has Shikamaru, but I'm sure they could hire a couple more people to help him out. I know there are things where the hokage is absolutely needed, but I'm sure it could be managed in a much better way.

Don’t look too much into it. Naruto has absolutely 0 excuse to not be there for his family. The amount of shadow clones the man produced during the war that could fight against Madara in comparison to now is ridiculous. It’s just shit writing for the boruto plot. Minato easily showed he could balance family and work but somehow Naruto can’t despite Shadow clones, friends, technology, no war, etc. Yeah just bullshit lol
Apr 13, 2018 6:22 AM

Oct 2015
OGAnime said:

Don’t look too much into it. Naruto has absolutely 0 excuse to not be there for his family. The amount of shadow clones the man produced during the war that could fight against Madara in comparison to now is ridiculous. It’s just shit writing for the boruto plot. Minato easily showed he could balance family and work but somehow Naruto can’t despite Shadow clones, friends, technology, no war, etc. Yeah just bullshit lol

Yeah it pretty much seems like shitty writing. Just an excuse to make a plot somehow.. Also at this point he could have gone home himself, while leaving behind a clone. These dumb scenes feel like Naruto is like an old grandpa who's about to collapse because of exhaustion. Indeed, ridiculous.
Apr 13, 2018 7:28 AM

Apr 2017
Suradoe_Uchiha said:
This episode was lit!!!
Urashiki, Sasuke, and...the manga readers know what!...this episode was epic! Love you Studio Pierrot. Now, we are getting real deal.
But unfortunately, the fanbase here in MAL is still gloomy, and extremely negative. Even after so many great episodes, Boruto's rating declines everyday here. I don't know what they want. They want to see Naruto-level things in Boruto even though it should not have Naruto-things and is never meant to be. What hypocrites!
finally someone that shares the same opinion, this show was never meant to center the idea of the old naruto it's suppose to be about the new generation Boruto and the other kids from naruto's friends and really the fact that they want sasuke and naruto while the show is literally called Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is just dumb yes we all love naruto and sasuke and the rest of the pals from shippuden but each story must be given the way it's meant to be given and this story is about boruto and how great is he going to become like or might surpass his father and become the symbol of the true will of the shinobi
Apr 14, 2018 1:13 PM

Dec 2017
I really don't like the new Naruto. The younger Naruto would've never ever broken a promise, he always was very loyal and protective to his friends. And the older Naruto is so serious all the time, he almost never smiles or makes jokes and he thinks of nothing than work. And he's an awful father (ok, Sasuke is worse). No, I don't like the way he turned out. It's such a pity.
Apr 14, 2018 7:07 PM
May 2012
Come on, Naruto..... All for the sake of drama.
Finally something interesting, though.
Apr 15, 2018 6:26 AM

Jul 2009
Nothing new here...Naruto turned into a jerk after he turned Hokage.
Apr 15, 2018 7:12 AM
Jun 2017
This episode just confirms it, that the chuunin exam is coming, the kagebunshin Naruto on Himawari's birthday, the appearance of Sasuke at Naruto's home... its all leading there... FINALLY IM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE!!!
Apr 17, 2018 3:47 PM
Mar 2013
Naruto always talked about how is hard not having a family, and WHEN he gets one, he gives up it? It's forced, they made Naruto the busiest Hokage of all times. Nor Sarutobi or Tsunade were too busy this way.

Let's see what's happen in the next episodes.
Apr 18, 2018 5:37 AM

Jan 2017
It was an okay episode but... I wish I hadn't seen the Boruto Movie before watching the anime. It's ruining the experience for me.

im weeb trash

Apr 19, 2018 2:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm the villain from Naruto the movie resided on the moon huh. Teaching the importance of the past to the younger generation is always a good thing. Shikadai's doing his best for his friend huh. That tool that the science department created though sure sounds like a cheap shortcut. Boruto sure is determined to not be a ninja though. Sarada's scalding though sure worked wonders. Its unfortunate that Naruto had to leave during Himawari's birthday though but this is price that he must pay for being the hokage. Hmm Sasuke showing up in the end was a surprise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2018 7:37 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I was already expecting Naruto to be a shadow clone, but like I can't help but laugh a little lol when the cake hit the floor. At the same time, I can't help but wonder how many times their going to use the "Dad used a shadow clone uggh" thing. I mean, it's a pretty dick move, but every time! Like dang. Also, I haven't watched the movie, so I'm just going at this raw.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 21, 2018 4:23 PM

Apr 2015
It still hurts even after watching the movie a while ago ugh...

As always, Sasuke appereance is mysterious and cool af
Apr 23, 2018 5:35 AM
Jun 2017
The movie did it better, there Boruto said something he couldn't take back which had real impact. At least the new villains seem interesting.
May 24, 2018 9:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Naruto sent a Himawari birthdays party a clon!!! Bad, bad and bad for Naruto and I understand the Boruto´s anger!!!!
Aug 18, 2018 11:14 AM

May 2010
Sooo, time to rewatch the movie plot huh. Chuunin arc might be pretty exciting, too bad opening is NOWHERE near as good as Haruka Kanata :| How am I supposed to get all hyped up by this?
Aug 18, 2018 11:39 AM

Jul 2015
Ohhhh, so I'm guessing that initially, it really was Naruto there, but when we saw him at the office, that's when he made a shadow clone and went back to the office.. damn that's rough. I really hate how the authors they're really shutting out Naruto into his office.. and with the whole situation with his family, it's hard to know whether he's completely in the wrong or not.. I mean for sure it'd be cool if he could take time off every now and then to be with his family, especially when it matters most, but at the same time, is it really that easy? hmm.

caught in the wonder
Nov 12, 2018 5:00 AM

Jan 2014
CHEH I DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO WATCH THE MOVIE
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jan 22, 2019 3:47 PM

Feb 2017
So let me guess Boruto will learn the rasengan at such a young age ok that totally makes Minato, Jiraya and Naruto look so strong ffs. The power system or whatever is so busted.
Feb 11, 2020 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
Naruto has officially become the worst dad in the history of anime.
Jan 30, 2021 3:39 AM
Jan 2021
Nice one i like this site
Sep 27, 2021 6:06 PM
Feb 2020
I was so sad about Hiwamari, but also I was sorry I think Boruto was so disappointed, I'm curious about how's gonna work Sasuke-Boruto's relationship
Sep 27, 2021 6:06 PM
Feb 2020
I was so sad about Hiwamari, but also I was sorry I think Boruto was so disappointed, I'm curious about how's gonna work Sasuke-Boruto's relationship
Sep 28, 2023 8:58 PM

Nov 2015
It wad okay but im gonna drop it now... 3/5. bort iz not interesting

💢

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.