Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2018 10:00 AM

Mar 2012
64BitRatchet said:
This isn't a continuation of Root A right?

No, it's an adaptation of the sequel manga, Tokyo Ghoul: Re. Root A was still an adaptation of the original Tokyo Ghoul manga (although it deviated from the manga a bit). I also think this adaptation will completely ignore the changes from Root A, lol. But they were pretty minimal to begin with since the show hardly utilized them.
Apr 3, 2018 10:06 AM
Jul 2017
Where to watch the episode?
Apr 3, 2018 10:08 AM

Jan 2018
Unbelievable how they're rushing this again. Why can't they just adapt the manga properly, just once?
Apr 3, 2018 10:09 AM

Apr 2014
I do not remember much really. But I think they did a nice job on the first episode for simple first impressions I guess. But in adaptation wise I do not know.

Jun 2011
As a manga reader, I'm in love with the opening.
I'm fine as long as they adapt all the epic stuff from the manga, without adding things.
CharlesMarlowApr 3, 2018 10:12 AM
Jan 2018
rushed as fuck no build up for torso
Apr 3, 2018 10:11 AM

May 2015
Extremely rushed and with just 12 episodes I can't see the pacing changing too much either, but that said, I actually thought this was a really solid episode. 4/5.

Opening was fantastic too. Nice to see a bit of Eto :P
Apr 3, 2018 10:13 AM

Apr 2015
64BitRatchet said:

It is not a continuation of Root A.
Apr 3, 2018 10:14 AM
Jun 2017
SKYWALKER08 said:
So it's 6 chapters per episode..well I wished they would have adapted 3 chapters per episode. it would have been on par with snk if that had happened. *Sigh*
Yea, i was like dafuq after watching the episode, had to get up my volume 1 of :re from my bookshelf and as i started flipping through the pages i realized it ended on the 6th chapter and over half way through the first volume lol. I have a feeling this will be very rushed based on the opening :/

Wish they wouldve done 2-3 chapters (depending on dialogue and so on ofc) and not left out so much of the general character development, but guess they just want to rush the action scenes.
Apr 3, 2018 10:18 AM

Jan 2017
Nallieheai said:
SKYWALKER08 said:
So it's 6 chapters per episode..well I wished they would have adapted 3 chapters per episode. it would have been on par with snk if that had happened. *Sigh*
Yea, i was like dafuq after watching the episode, had to get up my volume 1 of :re from my bookshelf and as i started flipping through the pages i realized it ended on the 6th chapter and over half way through the first volume lol. I have a feeling this will be very rushed based on the opening :/

Wish they wouldve done 3 episodes and not left out so much of the general character development, but guess they just want to rush the action scenes.
That's Studio Pierrot for you. Also the animation didn't seem all that good compared to the other two seasons. Well it is the first episode so can't say much. Judging by the opening they're gonna adapt till OEK arc? or am I wrong.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 3, 2018 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
the animation is suuuuuuper boring :'c
anyway, I'm happy it's not a sequel of Root A, I don't even want to imagine that :^)
Apr 3, 2018 10:23 AM

Aug 2016
I really enjoyed it however the pacing is way too fast.
Its like 6 chapters a episode.
When I compare stuff like the dialogue to the manga it just feels rushed.

The opening and outro were brilliant
but some of the animation ... eghhh

Apr 3, 2018 10:25 AM
May 2016
The opening could be one of those openings that eludes to later events, but doesn't cover them over the series, like the OP for Mob Psycho 100.
Apr 3, 2018 10:28 AM

Nov 2015
Lol. Why does this anime have such a high rating?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Apr 3, 2018 10:30 AM
Aug 2016
Oh well, finally an opening worth my attention. What's up with this pacing? Was that episode produced by Usain Bolt or something, smh?
Apr 3, 2018 10:43 AM
Jun 2017
RagingDragon_ said:
Nallieheai said:

Wish they wouldve done 3 episodes and not left out so much of the general character development, but guess they just want to rush the action scenes.
That's Studio Pierrot for you. Also the animation didn't seem all that good compared to the other two seasons. Well it is the first episode so can't say much. Judging by the opening they're gonna adapt till OEK arc? or am I wrong.
Yea it looks like it.
Apr 3, 2018 10:44 AM

Jan 2015
I waited a long time for this. But hell the pacing is fast. Hope they slow down a bit. Nevertheless as a manga reader it's nice to see Haise animated.
Apr 3, 2018 10:47 AM

Aug 2016
In my opinion, this was pretty rushed.

Set by SenpieX
Apr 3, 2018 10:49 AM
Jan 2018
Kaneki drawn so? :'( kill me! :'(
Apr 3, 2018 10:51 AM

Jun 2011
Rushed, but enjoyable.
Apr 3, 2018 10:53 AM
Mar 2016
64BitRatchet said:

Looking at the opening they are ignoring that because one thing that appears there doesn't make sense with the ending of Root A
Apr 3, 2018 10:54 AM

Apr 2016
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was hoping this day would never come...

I'm very afraid of the opening, it seems like they'll be rushing a loooooot. It also visually looks terrible compared to the manga and just not good. Not good at all.

Well I didn't expect anything so at least I'm not disappointed.

Although it did make me want to read something good aka the manga so I guess I didn't waste all of my time....

Apr 3, 2018 10:57 AM

Jun 2017
there's no way this is a seinen show
Apr 3, 2018 10:58 AM

Feb 2017
Rushed as expected, 6(7) chapters in one episode is too much. I wonder what is stopping Pierrot from just adapting it normaly like Bones does with MHA or Production IG does with Attack on Titan and Haikyuu? Many nice character interactions were skipped this episode and some info that will be relevant later on was also cut.

OP song is great and I really love the ED, gives you that cozy feeling. Animation looked stiff to me. At least it is enjoyable.
Apr 3, 2018 10:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fine start, but it felt really rushed. I’m expecting 12 episodes from this Season so I can only imagine the rest of the episodes to be even more rushed, what a pity!

It was nice to see the whole Squad but I was expecting more of a backstory coming into this episode. Well, judging by the split-personality of Haise Sasaki(now), I think we’ll be having a lot of backstories between episodes and such similar to the manga. Psychology of the episode was on point here too, particularly towards the end. I’m glad that Ken Kaneki is still alive inside Sasaki and seeing this animated was the all more great, and I can’t wait to see how the two battle. Op was dope too, but sadly not as good as Unravel. Well, ED was fine too, so no complaints in this regard. I just hope that we get more time to acclimatise here and the pacing slows down slightly.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 3, 2018 11:00 AM

Apr 2016
That last crack , its looks like Ken is stuck there
BRAWLERS
Apr 3, 2018 11:01 AM
Apr 2017
I just wanted to point out that in the manga, later in the fight between Haise and Serpent, Sasaki uses both his kagune and quinque. In the anime his quinque gets destroyed right away by serpent's kagune ;/
Apr 3, 2018 11:09 AM

Mar 2015
Nothing really new to add on to what anyone else has said. I've just sort of tried to keep my expectations low. I pray things slow down and the only reason they rushed this first episode was to create hype.... but that's me being too optimistic.

Guess we will see how this goes...
Apr 3, 2018 11:11 AM

Feb 2015
Nallieheai said:
SKYWALKER08 said:

Wish they wouldve done 2-3 chapters (depending on dialogue and so on ofc) and not left out so much of the general character development, but guess they just want to rush the action scenes.

They should have atleast skipped the op and ed, the part after orochi entered felt too rushed, rest of the episode is ok for me.
They would have gotten atleast 3 min more for action in that way they could have shown the abilities haise himself has, the part of using quinqe and kagune together.
Apr 3, 2018 11:13 AM
Mar 2018
New season of anime, new season of Tokyo Ghoul.

While the atmosphere of the first episode felt intense in a sort of way, everything just screamed "shounen," from the opening sequence to the layout of the episode. It had felt incredibly rushed and already moved into one of the largest plot points in the earlier parts of Tokyo Ghoul :Re.

Animation and art wise, the action sequences felt sort of stiff and had no impact behind every hit (with the exception of the Mado Knuckle Sandwich). Surprisingly, I'm fine with the design choice for the characters since they look more seinen than shounen, which was supposed to be the original target market.

From the perspective of someone who had read the manga, I feel as though the anime is only setting itself up for disappointment once more.
Apr 3, 2018 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
Holy shit not only did they rush like 7-10 ish chapters in this EP alone. (I dont remember Hinami ever being in Aogiri tree.....welp)

But they spoiled a lot lot of stuff in the OP alone. I mean will they really rush trough these 13 episodes or did they just put characters like Scarecrow or Mr. Trololol in the OP for reasons? Not to mention how will they solve the mess Root A was as the studio is going full retard in that Anime.

I really hope Pierrot wont fuck us over again with rushed episodes and blackscreen of doom for more than 3 seconds. (Remember season 1 blackscreen yeah they didnt even remove it from the BR!!!)

R.I.P Re: if they keep this up.
Apr 3, 2018 11:14 AM
Dec 2013
Oh boy, I was really looking forward to this, and now it's here. Even though I read all of the original Tokyo Ghoul manga, I am going in to the TG:re anime completely blind, without reading any chapters of the TG:re manga. Nice action-packed episode to start this new season, and introducing a lot of completely new characters. That ghoul "Serpent" got my attention. Excited for the rest of the show.
Apr 3, 2018 11:16 AM

Feb 2015
RagingDragon_ said:
Nallieheai said:

I think they will end it around chapter 45, the end of rose arc with this pacing and judging by the op. So expect 45 chapters in 12 episodes.

I guess it's still better than cramming 63 chapters in 12 episodes.
Apr 3, 2018 11:22 AM

Mar 2014
Oh look. The
TRAINWRECK OF THE YEAR
has arrived

I sincerely hope they weren't trying to be ambiguous about """""""Sasaki's""""""" real identity because it's IN-YOUR-FACE-BLATANTLY-OBVIOUS who it is
Needless to say, I already hate his battle shounen guns (+the two fake deep dudebros and the transexual (?) chick (?) )

BUT

There is a shining light even in this stinky disgusting sewage tunnel and that is Akira and possibly the pepe hat girl + maybe Nanami (sadly I get the feeling she's become a filthy thot whose only personality trait is that she wants the Kaneki pee pee), even if I don't think they're going to save the show. Still better than nothing though

/Comic out
Comic_SansApr 3, 2018 11:38 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 3, 2018 11:23 AM

Sep 2013
as a manga reader, this was suffering. Studio Pierrot, why you do this?

Apr 3, 2018 11:26 AM

Nov 2016
Good animation, good music, good voice acting, and good action I guess. But yeah, as expected, it was extremely rushed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2018 11:28 AM

Dec 2009
They are going at lightning speed this first episode.

Man and they cliffhanger at the best part too.
Apr 3, 2018 11:32 AM

May 2017
huuh. So they made no secret about Sasaki being kaneki.. i thought i was spoiled when i read that in a comment but they already confirmed it in the first episode so im fine.

Mediocre animation. I was hoping for something better.

Plot wise.. not sure what to think. Will definitely continue to watch.

Apr 3, 2018 11:34 AM

Feb 2015
Finally, it's here! :D
Apr 3, 2018 11:36 AM

Nov 2016
I Already Gave most of my Opinion in Another thread so I'm just gonna Quote Myself
Afloo said:
Its better than Root A but its worse than the OG In my Opinion.

The Events seemed Rushed AF. 6 Chapters (150 pages) in 1 episode?? I know thay wanted to get to the first Hype scene but its bad to rush. They left some detail from the manga like always but I ALWAYS EXPECT THAT. The Animation Was fine like everything else. THE OP WAS SHIT. After Unravel any tokyo Ghoul OP has been bad.

NOTE: The :re op is better than Root A but not as good as the Original's. Mostly like everything in this Pierrot Adaptation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2018 11:39 AM

Nov 2016
Nallieheai said:
SKYWALKER08 said:

I Did the exact same thing LoL
Apr 3, 2018 11:43 AM

Aug 2013
People will always look for a complaint just because it's Studio Perriot
Apr 3, 2018 11:44 AM

Apr 2015
Since I have not read any of the manga, solid start in my opinion, good to see some familiar faces right of the bat (hinami in the taxi and Eto in the OP). Sasaki being Kaneki was no surprise to me, but obviously there's more to it. Curious to see where this will go. 4/5
Apr 3, 2018 11:45 AM

Sep 2017
I really like the op,and the ed also has some nice shots that are nice to look at.

Im not sure if it was just the manga that was incredibly detailed and a bit slow,or is this moving really fast?it doesn’t fit everything like the manga but again i guess it would take too many episodes if were as detailed.
Good first episode,im a big tg fan so im sure ill end up liking this series just as much as the others (well hopefully)
And i really wanted to see shirazu put his middle finger up with the “f*ck” written on it but i guess it couldn’t happen...
tookawaiiiApr 3, 2018 11:49 AM

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Apr 3, 2018 11:45 AM

Sep 2016
that final fingersnap made me wet
Apr 3, 2018 11:46 AM

Dec 2013
6 chapters in one episode, phew
Apr 3, 2018 11:49 AM

Mar 2014
Yasuhito said:
People will always look for a complaint just because it's Studio Perriot
It's the other way around. Pierrot is looking for people to complain about it
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 3, 2018 11:49 AM
Sep 2015
The long wait is finally over \o/
Good first episode imo, now looking forward to next week :)
Apr 3, 2018 11:51 AM
Apr 2014
My god it's so fucking rushed, the execution of each individual scene is not too bad imo but take your time with this shit, you don't need to fly through content like this.
That opening is ridiculously packed with characters, you don't need to show all the fodders you know? Also there are characters that aren't too important to the arc itself the OP is covering.
The ending's song feels very inappropriate.
The character designs are way too shiny, the manga has a very distinct artstyle that fits the mood of the story.
Studio Pierrot never learns with this series, stop cramming so many chapters in one episode.
Apr 3, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
I really enjoyed it.Even though they skilled stuff from the manga,it was still decent.

Want to see it more.

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

96 by bakakisima »»
May 7, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

49 by bakakisima »»
May 7, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2018

240 by bakakisima »»
May 3, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.