Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you dislike Chinese Anime? (In General)
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2018 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
Mandarin freaks me the fuck out.

I'd watch it dubbed, though.
Apr 2, 2018 7:59 AM

Dec 2012
I've only seen Quanzhi Gaoshou and its good.

To me, I guess it doesn't have that natural feel just like in jap. anime... almost everything is 2D(hand-drawn) while chinese anime uses too much CGI

© 花巻 花郎 @ pixiv.net
Apr 2, 2018 8:06 AM
Oct 2017
chinese and japanese are not the same please don't be racist
Apr 2, 2018 10:59 AM
Jun 2016
Ah, so many people don't like Chinese anime because of the VA it seems or the fact that its a Japanese anime. Thanks for all your replies :)
Apr 2, 2018 11:11 AM

Mar 2018
Quanzhi Gaoshou was the only chinese anime i was able to see because of the story, it just sounds really weird
Apr 2, 2018 11:54 AM

Jan 2012
I don't care where in the world something comes from, I judge series on an individual basis.
After all, I've watched crappily-drawn (by comparison) western cartoons like Rick and Morty because they're entertaining.
I've watched one Chimese anime so far and it was okay.

Although it must be said that, in general, nobody does anime as well as the Japanese.
Apr 2, 2018 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not sure, I think Cupid's Chocolates is a Chinese series, or it seems to be, it was OK at least. In general, I prefer good old fashioned Japanese anime.
Apr 2, 2018 12:21 PM

Feb 2010
I think I like them for the some of the same reasons why a lot of people dislike them.

a) They're less refined in terms of writing, and can definitely be rough on the edges in that regard, with stuff being randomly thrown into a story or stuff like that. I personally think it has a kind of unique charm that you don't get from more refined works, and it also gives them a nice unpredictability. It's the flaws or OTT decision that give it a weird charm imo. That goes both in terms of the basic settings and ideas, and the execution and plot twists later on.

b) The different language. Just like 'normies' are hesitant to watch anime in japanese without any kind of transition, anime fans often seem to feel the same about chinese. They're not used to it, so it sounds off, and in their brains that 'newness' turns into 'it sounds badly' or 'the voice acting sucks'. Anime fans like to think of themselves as more open-minded than 'normies' who reject anime without knowing much about it, but in my experience they just exchange one closed-mindedness for another, and just treat anything non-anime or non-japanese the same way that 'normies' treat anime, with a mix of ignorance and disinterest.
Personally I quite like the language, and how it sounds, especially in music. I havent seen a chinese anime OP yet that I didn't love. I really think it's a very musical and aesthetic language.

c) Availability. Today, almost no anime fans look for fansubs anymore, they just check out the simulcast services and their rips. Most chinese anime haven't gotten to that level of international appeal yet, so they won't even show up on people's radars. I happen to be a fucking nerd and I'm always looking for niche stuff because I've seen most of the more mainstream stuff that appeals to me already.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 3, 2018 5:37 AM
Jun 2017
Tennouji said:
Adi-Buddha said:
Before I answer I'd just like to point out how accepting the anime community is of the term "Chinese anime". Like, Chinese anime is okay but American anime isn't? What about Maxican anime or Swiss anime? Does anime have to be made in Japan or any Asian country?

Sorry about that little rant lol. As far as your question goes, no. I do not like any Chinese anime (that I've seen). I don't enjoy their over abundance of one syllable words or their unique character archetypes. Everything that I do like about Chinese anime was ripped-off from Japanese anime.

Maybe they'll become better at making anime but for now my opinion stands.

Oh and this is a little off topic but I think Korean manga (I forgot what it's called) also sucks. Everything that I like about Korean manga was taken from Japanese manga.

I don't know why "ripping-off" should be a huge deal when anime is originated from Japan. Other anime from other countries such as China and Korea are more or less inspired on anime from Japan so it should be normal that they'll try to make something similar. For instance, has similar vibes from Japan's anime. Since both aren't really used on making tons of anime, much less can create more unique archetypes, I believe it should be normal that they're not good at these at first just like some very old anime from Japan. Still, there shouldn't be a reason limit themselves on watching Japanese anime and not trying other anime from other countries just simply because it's bad and it's not made in Japan.

Although I agree that this thread might be another Japanese anime vs western animation but in a subtle or roundabout way.
Without trying to sound rude, that makes no sense. Like, at all.

Why would I care that Chinese anime is a secondhand version of Japanese anime? A ton of reasons. But to to save us all the trouble of reading/writing a essay, I'll just list the main reasons.

Why I care that 99% of Chinese anime is just a ripoff of Japanese anime.

1. I care about the anime industry as a whole. I want to see anime flourish and have a massive presence in the entertainment industry. It dosent matter where the anime comes from (okay, maybe a little).

2. I hate seeing something not get the credit it deserves. Chinese anime has its own unique fans and community right? We know that at least a few (but probably a lot) have never seen Japanese anime. So when they watch Chinese anime and see these stolen ideas, they think that it was the Chinese creators who came up with this stuff.

I know that happens too and it's bullshit.

3. I want Chinese anime to do well! As mentioned in #1, I want all anime to thrive. The thing is, if Chinese anime creators are only out there to make money, it's going to fail (or at least no blow up). If they would rather steal ideas than come up with something original, they are shit and doomed to keep a immature audience.

People want originality and that goes double for adults who enjoy anime. We crave a great story with unique and intresting characters. If you can't give us what we want, someone else can and you will fail.

That being said, I'm really only speaking for myself and the people I know. I know there are people out there who are okay with brain rotting ecchi anime where nothing's original (no offense but that's what it is) or Ideaki anime that never changes. I feel pretty confident about my assumption though
Apr 3, 2018 5:38 AM

Nov 2009
In weaboos voice "B-but it's not Japanese".
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 3, 2018 5:59 AM
Jul 2018
I don’t exactly hate them, have watched small handful of HAOLINERS series lately which I enjoyed enough
Apr 3, 2018 6:18 AM
Nov 2016
to me chinese language is not pleasant to listen to, even my own language is not pleasant to listen to
Apr 3, 2018 6:28 AM

Apr 2016
I don't even like the Chinese language. It all sounds like gibberish whenever I listen to it.
Apr 3, 2018 6:30 AM

Jan 2014
Jare4lopez said:
I've never watched a Chinese anime tbh, could you recommend me some?

Quanzhi gaoshou. Watch it it's really good.
Other one i could reccomend is Rakshasa street(Zhen Hun Jie) but i haven't finished that one. It does have an interesting premise.
AstZeroApr 3, 2018 6:33 AM
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Apr 3, 2018 6:37 AM

Sep 2017
I personally liked King's avatar even though chinese voice acting took some time to get used to. There's a tiny sequel coming this April so go check out the first season.
Apr 3, 2018 7:26 AM

Sep 2011
Adi-Buddha said:

Why would I care that Chinese anime is a secondhand version of Japanese anime? A ton of reasons. But to to save us all the trouble of reading/writing a essay, I'll just list the main reasons.

1. I care about the anime industry as a whole. I want to see anime flourish and have a massive presence in the entertainment industry. It dosent matter where the anime comes from (okay, maybe a little).

2. I hate seeing something not get the credit it deserves. Chinese anime has its own unique fans and community right? We know that at least a few (but probably a lot) have never seen Japanese anime. So when they watch Chinese anime and see these stolen ideas, they think that it was the Chinese creators who came up with this stuff.

3. I want Chinese anime to do well! As mentioned in #1, I want all anime to thrive. The thing is, if Chinese anime creators are only out there to make money, it's going to fail (or at least no blow up). If they would rather steal ideas than come up with something original, they are shit and doomed to keep a immature audience.

People want originality and that goes double for adults who enjoy anime. We crave a great story with unique and intresting characters. If you can't give us what we want, someone else can and you will fail.

That being said, I'm really only speaking for myself and the people I know. I know there are people out there who are okay with brain rotting ecchi anime where nothing's original (no offense but that's what it is) or Ideaki anime that never changes. I feel pretty confident about my assumption though

I don't know why it doesn't make sense when overall it's all about "inspiration". They're just new at doing these stuffs and you just need to give them time instead of jumping to conclusions.

1. And isn't this why Chinese anime exist? China are also doing stuff to make anime in general have a massive presence in entertainment industry.

2. I don't know if it needs credit when it's already self-explanatory or if it's not, people can do some little research. Anime is originated on Japan that's a fact. If there are people who claim otherwise, such as like you mentioned about ideas, etc then yes I agree with you that those people are bullshit. But I believe we're talking about other anime fans not just Chinese anime fans. I don't want to sound racist but I'm aware that there are some Chinese fans that are too biased to their own country and it's not just only when it comes to anime.

3. As I mentioned earlier, just give them more time. They will do well. In regards of money, isn't this the same on Japan? For instance, they adapt manga, LN, etc, for the sake of money and they'll rely on whether that anime will be well-received or not, they don't care about the source material as long as they're making money and if they do care, there should be lots of continuations of anime that they seemed an another season is needed(Most of these are like that). I think you're too biased on Japanese anime or maybe Japan in general. We already have this anime ripping off from other anime and it's an unstoppable cycle. Almost, if not definitely, everything on anime is not original anymore but we still keep watching Japanese anime. One can easily mention an anime that's like a clone of other anime.

Also I think I need to mention this, anime is a medium where it has set of archetypes that you can see in anime, no matter which country is originated from. Japanese anime, Chinese anime, Korean anime, Western anime, to be honest they're all the same and their big difference is the voice actors.

Apr 3, 2018 7:44 AM

Mar 2018
I've never watched a Chinese anime. Rather, I can't bring myself to watch one. There's this feeling of mine that it'd be like betraying Japanese anime if I watch a Chinese one. And tbh, I can't recognize Chinese anime as 'anime'.

Apr 7, 2018 1:16 PM

Apr 2010
Never looked for them in the first place. I won't mind see if something is interesting (as long as the sub they run in the speed of light).

Nov 13, 2018 6:49 PM

Jan 2010
Omkar_Nagwade said:
I don't even like the Chinese language. It all sounds like gibberish whenever I listen to it.

If somebody said something about Japanese language being ugly, then how would you feel?

Adi-Buddha said:

Regarding the bold part I highlighted, did you forget a lot of early anime "ripped off" American animation:

Also why does it matter if Chinese anime resemble anime since the earliest anime resemble rubber hose animation from the US long time ago. Also you said "if Chinese anime creators are only out there to make money, it's going to fail (or at least no blow up)." Isn't that what Japanese animator do too, especially production committee. That's the reason Japanese animator are always underpaid and overworked.

Renkini said:
I've never watched a Chinese anime. Rather, I can't bring myself to watch one. There's this feeling of mine that it'd be like betraying Japanese anime if I watch a Chinese one. And tbh, I can't recognize Chinese anime as 'anime'.

May I ask why don't you want to branch out to Chinese animation? Do you realize people may call you racist/bigot for not branching out to Chinese animation and for that comment. I know many anime fans that branch out to Korean stuff (ie: K-pop, K-drama), and also slowly branching out to Chinese stuff. Look about Chinese animation, even several Japanese animators have acknowledge that Chinese (and Korean) animation will surpass Japanese animation industry in the near future:

Soranews24 article: China will overtake Japan in anime within a decade

Goboiano: Breakout Anime Producer Predicts China Will Surpass Japan in 3 Years

China won't be the only country making anime-like animation, South Korea has also been churning out some animation that to me indicate they could rival anime in the near future.
Nov 13, 2018 11:56 PM

Oct 2017
I haven't really watched any but that is more that nothing really has caught my eye. I would have np switching to primary mandarin voice actors though I have watched some Chinese dramas so I am used to their voice acting.

Nov 14, 2018 12:25 AM

Sep 2016
AmySreng said:
I have been into anime for quite some time now, and I've noticed that many anime fans on the internet seem to have a dislike Chinese anime. I, for one, actually enjoy quite a few Chinese animes myself, but it seems that the majority of the anime fanbase seem to think otherwise. I can't help but wonder why?

I've seen a few, and thought most were OK.
Of those, The King's Avatar is the one I like the most.

Some reasons why people might dislike them:
- A different language and manner of speaking, it's so different from the Japanese that people are accustomed to.
- Not Japanese, so purists won't acknowledge them as anime.
- There seems to be a higher use of CGI, which some people might consider to be lesser quality than in Japanese anime.
- Translation quality. Things like timing, meme subs, missing dialogue, or inaccuracy.
- Too many shows per season already, adding ones from China makes it worse.
- Harder to gauge if a show you like will get a sequel, or when.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Nov 14, 2018 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
I recently watched a chinese anime called mo dao zu shi and it's my favourite now,it has good voice acting and soundtracks too
Nov 14, 2018 1:09 AM

Oct 2018
Mainly becuase of their voice.
Also chinese anime has so much difference in style from japanese anime and it would take time for us to get used to it.
Nov 14, 2018 1:24 AM
Jul 2015
The same reason I don't watch anime in DUB.
Nov 14, 2018 1:34 AM

Aug 2016
YayaChibi said:
Chinese anime is produced like shit so it's not really praised by me lmao lol

Mo Dao Zu Shi has really good production quality, it has kind of the Kizumonogatari aesthetic
Nov 14, 2018 1:39 AM

Mar 2017
Maximilious said:
For whatever reason, anime is one of those things that the Chinese don't really copy very well.
eh? since when have the Chinese copied anything that turned out well?
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 14, 2018 2:35 AM

Aug 2017
first of all chinese animes aren’t really a thing if you look at that from the view of companies who license those anime since they are not known well enough and besides companies who license those anime, simulcast services might think that people wouldn’t wanna watch it since its dubbed in chinese and would think that a normal user wouldn’t wanna check it out anyways because it is originally chinese.
basically they are not known well enough to be liked by people as the poll shows.
Nov 14, 2018 5:17 AM

Mar 2018
mdo7 said:
Renkini said:

May I ask why don't you want to branch out to Chinese animation? Do you realize people may call you racist/bigot for not branching out to Chinese animation and for that comment. I know many anime fans that branch out to Korean stuff (ie: K-pop, K-drama), and also slowly branching out to Chinese stuff. Look about Chinese animation, even several Japanese animators have acknowledge that Chinese (and Korean) animation will surpass Japanese animation industry in the near future:

Soranews24 article: China will overtake Japan in anime within a decade

Goboiano: Breakout Anime Producer Predicts China Will Surpass Japan in 3 Years

China won't be the only country making anime-like animation, South Korea has also been churning out some animation that to me indicate they could rival anime in the near future.

Well, my post is 6 months old and I have changed my opinion about Chinese anime thanks to Azur Lane so I see where you're coming from. I don't really care about being called a racist or whatever but yeah, I have watched some Chinese anime like Cupid's Chocolate and To Be Hero. And let me get this straight. Chinese still has a long way to surpass Japan in anime imo. I dropped those shows in 2 or 3 episodes and I didn't even put them in my drop list. This time it's not because of they're Chinese animations, but because of they're just plain bad. Some part of me still can't accept them as full-fledged anime but now I can watch them with the knowledge that they're 'Chinese anime'. I'm currently waiting for a Touhou fanime from a Chinese doujin circle because I'm a Touhou fan and that OP attracted me. And, I dunno if this is concerned with being a racist or not, but soon after I became an anime fan (Japanese ones I mean), I stopped watching all western movies and cartoons. I dunno how you'll translate this. There may come a time when Chinese surpasses Japan in creating anime (which, I highly doubt it, and even if it came true, I don't think it will be earlier than 2040) but let's cross that bridge when the time comes.

Nov 14, 2018 5:30 AM

Sep 2016
Jare4lopez said:
I've never watched a Chinese anime tbh, could you recommend me some?

Da Yu Hai Tang is a decent Chinese movie.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Nov 14, 2018 8:28 AM

Jan 2010
Phanith_san said:

Uh, so you're OK with American cartoon and American video game having Japanese dub like Batman for example:

Renkini said:

Well, my post is 6 months old and I have changed my opinion about Chinese anime thanks to Azur Lane so I see where you're coming from. I don't really care about being called a racist or whatever but yeah, I have watched some Chinese anime like Cupid's Chocolate and To Be Hero. And let me get this straight. Chinese still has a long way to surpass Japan in anime imo. I dropped those shows in 2 or 3 episodes and I didn't even put them in my drop list. This time it's not because of they're Chinese animations, but because of they're just plain bad. Some part of me still can't accept them as full-fledged anime but now I can watch them with the knowledge that they're 'Chinese anime'. I'm currently waiting for a Touhou fanime from a Chinese doujin circle because I'm a Touhou fan and that OP attracted me. There may come a time when Chinese surpasses Japan in creating anime (which, I highly doubt it, and even if it came true, I don't think it will be earlier than 2040) but let's cross that bridge when the time comes.

Renkini, I don't know if you listen to K-pop or watch K-drama. But we've already seen K-pop and K-drama outdo J-pop on a global scale. J-drama couldn't get the audience that K-drama (along with Taiwanese drama, and Mainland Chinese TV drama) are getting. Meanwhile, Japanese anime maybe popular but the problem they will face heavy competition from China and South Korea because their animation are getting attention. That's why Chinese animation are going to get a lot of attention from anime fan. The same will happen for Korean animation because you have not only anime fan, but also K-pop and K-drama fans that will branch out to K-animation.

Aeni/K-anime could be able to surpass Japanese anime as Korean start making animation aimed at mature audiences and also because of the huge popularity of K-pop and K-drama, that would make K-animation easier to get accepted amongst the audiences outside of Asia.

I don't know when you became a anime fan, but I'm a long time anime fan and have watched Japanese pop culture being outdone by South Korea and China. I know with enough experience that China and South Korea could outdo Japan in animation in the near future.

Renkini said:
And, I dunno if this is concerned with being a racist or not, but soon after I became an anime fan (Japanese ones I mean), I stopped watching all western movies and cartoons. I dunno how you'll translate this.

Were you aware that American animator have paid tribute/homage to anime like do you watch Steven Universe? That American animation is a big homage to anime, it's main anime influence was Utena:

Steven Universe also paid homage to Evangelion:

Steven Universe wasn't the only American cartoon that paid homage to Evangelion and anime. Another American cartoon, Regular Show paid homage to Evangelion:

Gravity Falls, another American cartoon paid homage to Evangelion too (particularly to End of Evangelion):

Evan American animation are being influenced by anime too like for example the Castlevania animation on Netflix, look how much anime has influenced the show:

So yes, don't disregard American cartoon because of what I mention.
Nov 14, 2018 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
mdo7 said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

If somebody said something about Japanese language being ugly, then how would you feel?

How would I feel? Nothing obviously. I'm not Japanese. And if they don't like the Japanese language, its their subjective opinion. Who am I to tell them that 'Japanese is a great language'?

The only connection I have with Japanese is that I'm learning it, cause I think its a beautiful language. Also I love anime and Japanese films.
Manyaa_-Nov 14, 2018 10:28 AM
Nov 14, 2018 10:41 AM

Jan 2010
Omkar_Nagwade said:

The only connection I have with Japanese is that I'm learning it, cause I think its a beautiful language. Also I love anime and Japanese films.

What if I told you that the Korean language was beautiful all because of K-pop and K-drama gain popularity in the west?

K-pop is now so universally beloved that even Algerians speak a little Korean

K-pop drives boom in Korean language lessons

BTS to Be Honored by South Korean Government for Spreading Korean Culture

Yes, when K-pop (along with K-drama) became popular around the world, it made a lot of people want to learn Korean. A long time ago, Korean was considered a ugly language, but now because of K-pop (like BTS), and Korean TV drama. Korean language is no longer ugly, it's considered beautiful and attractive.
Nov 14, 2018 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
mdo7 said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

What if I told you that the Korean language was beautiful all because of K-pop and K-drama gain popularity in the west?

K-pop is now so universally beloved that even Algerians speak a little Korean

K-pop drives boom in Korean language lessons

BTS to Be Honored by South Korean Government for Spreading Korean Culture

Yes, when K-pop (along with K-drama) became popular around the world, it made a lot of people want to learn Korean. A long time ago, Korean was considered a ugly language, but now because of K-pop (like BTS), and Korean TV drama. Korean language is no longer ugly, it's considered beautiful and attractive.

Okay buddy, I've already went through your profile, and you seem like bad news. You need a psychiatrist. You either seem like a really good troll or you are actually retarded.
So I'm going to report you, and then block you. So don't try speaking with me again.
Nov 14, 2018 10:48 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I just dislike most Asian languages audibly. Just not fond of em....some less than others. Whilst Japanese being only Asian language I like almost all-around in general. Within topic, it's just pleasant language to my ears.

This is why I avoid Chinese and Korean "anime" .. and probably general "feel" in their styles is also by essence different.

I seriously hope that MAL will have database option to hid outside-Japan region content. As I just don't care about and they clutter MAL for me.

So I don't hate them. I just don't like them. Mainly because of how they sound like. In a long run I will probably end up checking out some of them.

Also could add that since I watch lot of Anime and also now and then some TV series/Movies (where I limit myself to natively English spoken/made or Japanese/made) just because those 2 languages I like and I don't want to spread out my viewing experience too much. As there is already too much to watch.
Nov 14, 2018 10:51 AM

Jan 2010
Omkar_Nagwade said:

Okay buddy, I've already went through your profile, and you seem like bad news. You need a psychiatrist. You either seem like a really good troll or you are actually retarded.
So I'm going to report you, and then block you. So don't try speaking with me again.

Report me for what, when you said that CHinese language is ugly, you made yourself sound racist. If anyone need reporting that's you. Go ahead report me, I'll report your comment too.
Nov 14, 2018 10:52 AM

Apr 2018
Chinese anime shouldn't even be called anime, but that's just me.
I also need to actually see some, the only one I know about is Bloodivores which is apparently garbage.

Nov 14, 2018 11:40 AM

Oct 2013
The only chinese anime I've watched so far is this: https://myanimelist.net/anime/33926/Quanzhi_Gaoshou

It's a show that tackles e-sports and I don't think I ever come across to any medium that tackles professional gaming.

The animation is pretty nice and consistent. I don't mind the chinese voice acting since I did watched various international movies (from france, taiwan, thailand, korean etc.) with english subtitles. All in all, I've enjoyed watching it. It's refreshing. It has its own charm. Chinese animation is flourishing and I'll probably try some more chinese anime in the future. For better or for worse, I feed on animated shows!

Why most of us don't like chinese anime?

I think because most of the anime fans aren't used to hear chinese voice acting and since its very japanimation-ish in style, they would compare this with their personal standards in anime. So its a combination of bias-ness, ignorance and elitism in animation/anime. Although, everybody has their own opinion and preferences.

Nov 14, 2018 11:45 AM

Oct 2018
i dont hate it, but somes titles has a worst animation and a confusing plot.
Nov 14, 2018 11:50 AM

Jan 2018
I don't think I've seen any. I'd probably check it out, though. I try anything at least once.
Nov 14, 2018 1:33 PM

Jan 2010
xchyssa said:

Why most of us don't like chinese anime?

I think because most of the anime fans aren't used to hear chinese voice acting and since its very japanimation-ish in style, they would compare this with their personal standards in anime. So its a combination of bias-ness, ignorance and elitism in animation/anime. Although, everybody has their own opinion and preferences

It sound like a certain group of anime fan have never branch out to Chinese or Korean stuff.
Nov 14, 2018 6:27 PM
Jul 2015
mdo7 said:
Phanith_san said:

Uh, so you're OK with American cartoon and American video game having Japanese dub like Batman for example:

looking for where I wrote "I'm OK with American cartoon and American video game having Japanese dub". can you help me find where I wrote it ? I'm so forgetful these days
Nov 14, 2018 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
Chinese "anime" is not anime. I don't have too much issue with watching things outside of Japan if it's good but I prefer Japanese animation.
Nov 14, 2018 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
Think about it, there's probably a good reason why Japanese anime is much more popular than Chinese anime, the good reason possibly being that there's more "better" Japanese anime out there than Chinese anime.
Nov 14, 2018 7:10 PM
Mar 2017
Initially I preferred Japanese anime but now I've seen some Chinese donghua and like the following:
- Spiritpact (Ling Qi)
- Mo Dao Zu Shi (Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation)
- Beryl and Sapphire (Xiao Lu He Xiao Lan)
Nov 14, 2018 7:23 PM

Sep 2016
Is not because is chinese, is 'cause the little amount of chinese anime i've seen had terrible writing. The exception could be the king's avatar, but has the same problem as every other chinese show, the writer just makes things happen one after another with seemingly no purpose. Don't know if is something cultural or what but... Is the conclusion I got so far: Chinese people can't write coherent stories in general. Or maybe they just like crappy turns of events, who knows.

(They seem to really like the Transformers live action movies, so make your own theories...)
Nov 14, 2018 10:16 PM

Jan 2010
Phanith_san said:
mdo7 said:

looking for where I wrote "I'm OK with American cartoon and American video game having Japanese dub". can you help me find where I wrote it ? I'm so forgetful these days

You didn't wrote it, but when you write that you don't watch anime in English dub, it seem to imply that you're OK with American game with Japanese voice, tell me does Batman: Arkham Knight sound better in Japanese then in English:

Nov 14, 2018 10:21 PM

Feb 2018
I recently tried watching a Chinese anime but I just couldn't endure the voice acting. It's not that it was particularly bad or anything it was just so different from what I am used to that It constaintly distracted me.
Nov 14, 2018 10:28 PM

Jul 2017
From what I’ve seen the few selection of Chinese anime have been:
Poorly written
Have terrible pacing
Weak Voice acting

I prefer how Japanese VA deliever their lines, as opposed to Chinese ones because they sound cringe. I would get used to it if they had some quality anime, but I’ve yet to across any.
FlexstyleNov 14, 2018 10:36 PM
Nov 14, 2018 10:30 PM

Jan 2016
Cause it's not anime, there you go.-
Nov 14, 2018 10:35 PM

Jun 2015
a lot of chinese animations dont have the same quality as other animations
i think china's a lot better at tv shows and dramas with actual people in it, its more popular and has better writers towards it
chinese animation just aint popular enough yet and nothing stands out from that category
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your favourite romance

Jackson_rajkumar - 5 hours ago

24 by Lhundrup »»
2 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Yesterday

65 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it weird to enjoy 3D Anime more than 2D Anime ?

tchitchouan - 4 hours ago

36 by DarkShame2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 3 )

Catalano - Apr 25

116 by LenRea »»
4 minutes ago

» Are there Anime Industry People you hate like Voice Actor, Director, etc?

Dragevard - Apr 28

19 by Nurguburu »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.