Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you dislike Chinese Anime? (In General)
Apr 1, 2018 10:29 PM
Jun 2016
I have been into anime for quite some time now, and I've noticed that many anime fans on the internet seem to have a dislike Chinese anime. I, for one, actually enjoy quite a few Chinese animes myself, but it seems that the majority of the anime fanbase seem to think otherwise. I can't help but wonder why?
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2018 10:32 PM

Oct 2013
i dont hate it, but i prioritized japanesse anime
Apr 1, 2018 10:35 PM

Jun 2017
I've never watched a Chinese anime tbh, could you recommend me some?

Apr 1, 2018 10:35 PM

Oct 2008
For whatever reason, anime is one of those things that the Chinese don't really copy very well. I would say that maybe, 15-20% of Chinese anime is watchable, as in... good story, and okay animation the rest just doesn't cut it.

Don't get me wrong, I love all sorts of anime, no matter the location... but some Chinese anime is just really poorly written, and it's extremely sad since they do have some amazing novels which get turned into awesome manhua / webtoons.

I only wish Chinese publishers wouldn't cheap out when it comes to production of their original works, that is all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Apr 1, 2018 10:36 PM

Oct 2017
I can't seem to get used to the Chinese voice acting, usually it's a poor effort on the VA's part.
Apr 1, 2018 10:39 PM

Jan 2017
Jare4lopez said:

This is by far my favorite one, I give it 8/10. 'Uncharted Walker' is the English name for it. It's currently airing, so far (8) episodes have been released and it comes out every Saturday afternoon for me (CST - Middle of the US)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37175/Mi_Yu_Xing_Zhe?q=uncharted%20

Another one - that is 'okay' at best and that's pushing it - is 'Evil or Live' 6/10 there for me - it'd be a 5.5 if we had half-hashmark ratings here. It completed airing last season.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36245/Evil_or_Live?q=evil

Apr 1, 2018 10:41 PM

Jan 2013
*Chinese cartoons

Chinese cartoons are usually pure shit. This is the only good one I've managed to find:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35015/Ani_ni_Tsukeru_Kusuri_wa_Nai
Apr 1, 2018 10:42 PM

Mar 2016
Chinese language may be the turn off to people used to Japanese.
Apr 1, 2018 10:46 PM
Jul 2015
The connotations of "Made in China"
Apr 1, 2018 10:48 PM

Jun 2017
J_LEE_C said:
Jare4lopez said:

This is by far my favorite one, I give it 8/10. 'Uncharted Walker' is the English name for it. It's currently airing, so far (8) episodes have been released and it comes out every Saturday afternoon for me (CST - Middle of the US)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37175/Mi_Yu_Xing_Zhe?q=uncharted%20

Another one - that is 'okay' at best and that's pushing it - is 'Evil or Live' 6/10 there for me - it'd be a 5.5 if we had half-hashmark ratings here. It completed airing last season.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36245/Evil_or_Live?q=evil

I'm interested in the first one, Uncharted Walker, it's quite rare to see a drug dealer as a main character in Anime, and the plot seems very promising,definitely gonna check it out ☺️☺️☺️

Apr 1, 2018 10:52 PM

May 2009
I don't hate it at all, and to me "anime" isn't even an inherently Japanese thing anyway.

It just so happens that I haven't watched any Chinese anime series yet. As of this post, I've watched some of an American anime series (RWBY) and also a Korean series (Elsword) so far.

(Yes I just called RWBY an anime series. Bite me.)
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 1, 2018 10:56 PM

Aug 2013
I think it's because of weeabooism. Anything not Japanese = automatically bad for weebs .

I like how Chinese tv anime use normal CGI instead of cel shaded CGI like Japanese tv anime.

Jare4lopez said:
Bloody Code.

DrGeroCreationApr 1, 2018 10:59 PM
Apr 1, 2018 11:00 PM

May 2015
Because there are no "onii-chan desu~" in Chinese anime.

I can't really judge since I've only seen two. Ling Qi is not bad, but the pacing is pretty quick. I'm about to finish Legend of the Condor Hero, and despite the poor art and animation, the story has convinced me to try to read the novel and watch the live action version.
Apr 2, 2018 2:53 AM

Sep 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
I think it's because of weeabooism. Anything not Japanese = automatically bad for weebs .

This.

I have a friend that he doesn't want to watch anime that is not made in Japan. So yeah, it's mostly about people don't want to watch anime that's not made in Japan because weabs.

Apr 2, 2018 3:01 AM

Jun 2011
I watch cartoons from everywhere. Animation enthusiast. America makes the most fluid animated stuff meaning they have the best animated productions, however animation from elsewhere brings different stuff to the table. Probably why I am not interested in comedy anime without dubs.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 2, 2018 3:06 AM
Mar 2018
I do not hate it, but japanese is the 'real thing' for me x)
Apr 2, 2018 3:08 AM

Aug 2014
The problem is i dont understand chinese. Japanese is one of the things i love in anime
Apr 2, 2018 3:09 AM

Jan 2018
Yea maybe I'd like to watch Chinese Anime if there are some "Ara~ara~"

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Apr 2, 2018 3:18 AM

Jan 2011
To Be Hero was pretty good, not sure if the Chinese version has subs though.
Apr 2, 2018 3:21 AM

Mar 2015
DrGeroCreation said:

if this is correct, they should reconsider their view, and complitely ignore japanese animation... go back to manga and LN...

He estimates that 80%–90% of the inbetweening work in Japanese animation is now being outsourced overseas, primarily to China and South Korea.

https://www.nippon.com/en/currents/d00337/
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 2, 2018 3:46 AM

Jul 2017
Like many users here have already said, I think it boils down to the fact that people aren't used to hearing Chinese when watching anime, so it automatically turns them off.

Tennouji said:
DrGeroCreation said:

This.

I have a friend that he doesn't want to watch anime that is not made in Japan. So yeah, it's mostly about people don't want to watch anime that's not made in Japan because weabs.

That sort of close minded view kind of makes me sad. They're severely limiting themselves by not even giving other forms of anime a chance. If anything, they should experience as much as possible to ensure that their opinion of Japanese anime being the best is in fact true.

Jare4lopez said:

The two that are constantly recommended to me are:

Shuangsheng Lingtan

Quanzhi Gaoshou

I haven't watched either of them yet, but from what I hear they are both quite good.

If you are interested further, MAL has a club dedicated to Chinese Anime where you can find a ton of different titles.

Apr 2, 2018 3:50 AM

Jan 2018
I don't hate Chinese animes, in fact, I love some of the Chinese animes I've seen like.

- Fox Spirit Matchmaker and Quanzhi Gaosho.
Apr 2, 2018 3:51 AM

Sep 2011
AndroidRoberts said:

That sort of close minded view kind of makes me sad. They're severely limiting themselves by not even giving other forms of anime a chance. If anything, they should experience as much as possible to ensure that their opinion of Japanese anime being the best is in fact true.

And I find it funny that you just called me "closed-minded" the moment you mentioned "they should experience as much as possible to ensure that their opinion of Japanese anime being the best is in fact true".

Or am I misunderstanding something?
TennoujiApr 2, 2018 3:59 AM

Apr 2, 2018 3:54 AM
Jun 2017
Before I answer I'd just like to point out how accepting the anime community is of the term "Chinese anime". Like, Chinese anime is okay but American anime isn't? What about Maxican anime or Swiss anime? Does anime have to be made in Japan or any Asian country?

Sorry about that little rant lol. As far as your question goes, no. I do not like any Chinese anime (that I've seen). I don't enjoy their over abundance of one syllable words or their unique character archetypes. Everything that I do like about Chinese anime was ripped-off from Japanese anime.

Maybe they'll become better at making anime but for now my opinion stands.

Oh and this is a little off topic but I think Korean manga (I forgot what it's called) also sucks. Everything that I like about Korean manga was taken from Japanese manga.
Apr 2, 2018 4:00 AM

Nov 2016
I don't really hate chinese animes but most part of them are not good in general, so probably that is the reason many don't watch
Apr 2, 2018 4:07 AM

Jun 2017
i hate the chinese names.. and his voice
Apr 2, 2018 4:11 AM

Sep 2011
Adi-Buddha said:
Before I answer I'd just like to point out how accepting the anime community is of the term "Chinese anime". Like, Chinese anime is okay but American anime isn't? What about Maxican anime or Swiss anime? Does anime have to be made in Japan or any Asian country?

Sorry about that little rant lol. As far as your question goes, no. I do not like any Chinese anime (that I've seen). I don't enjoy their over abundance of one syllable words or their unique character archetypes. Everything that I do like about Chinese anime was ripped-off from Japanese anime.

Maybe they'll become better at making anime but for now my opinion stands.

Oh and this is a little off topic but I think Korean manga (I forgot what it's called) also sucks. Everything that I like about Korean manga was taken from Japanese manga.

I don't know why "ripping-off" should be a huge deal when anime is originated from Japan. Other anime from other countries such as China and Korea are more or less inspired on anime from Japan so it should be normal that they'll try to make something similar. For instance, has similar vibes from Japan's anime. Since both aren't really used on making tons of anime, much less can create more unique archetypes, I believe it should be normal that they're not good at these at first just like some very old anime from Japan. Still, there shouldn't be a reason limit themselves on watching Japanese anime and not trying other anime from other countries just simply because it's bad and it's not made in Japan.

Although I agree that this thread might be another Japanese anime vs western animation but in a subtle or roundabout way.
TennoujiApr 2, 2018 4:24 AM

Apr 2, 2018 4:13 AM
Apr 2, 2018 4:14 AM

Jul 2017
Tennouji said:

And I find it funny that you just called me "closed-minded" the moment you mentioned "they should experience as much as possible to ensure that their opinion of Japanese anime being the best is in fact true".

I was referring to your friend who won't watch an anime just because it's not Japanese, not you. I think their view is rather close minded and was saying it only hurts them in the end because they won't know for sure that Japanese anime is the best without experiencing anything else.
Apr 2, 2018 4:16 AM

Aug 2009
I don't hate it.I just don't consider it anime since anime are Japanese made cartoons made primarily for a Japanese audience. Mal seems to want to include cartoons made by all east Asian or Oriental countries as anime.
Apr 2, 2018 4:18 AM

Sep 2011
AndroidRoberts said:

I was referring to your friend who won't watch an anime just because it's not Japanese, not you. I think their view is rather close minded and was saying it only hurts them in the end because they won't know for sure that Japanese anime is the best without experiencing anything else.

Oh I see. I apologize for my rude remark because of my misunderstanding.

But yes, it really pisses me that he doesn't want to try other anime that is not made in Japan just simply because it's not made in Japan or simply because they're not voiced by Japanese voice actors. I tried to recommend him to watch a certain Korean anime because the Korean game that we're playing got a Korean anime adaptation although he doesn't want to watch it simply because of it's not voiced by Japanese voice actors and yes, the fact that it's not made in Japan.

Apr 2, 2018 4:19 AM

Dec 2016
You'll find a massive overlap between those who hate Chinese shows for being Chinese, and those who hate dubs. It's a formidable combination of ignorance and elitism, and you can't do anything about it. Basically, if it's not 100% Japanese, it's meant to be hated

I've watched several Chinese shows, and two of them have been sitting pretty on my favs list for almost a year now. I even enjoyed a Chinese harem show, which is saying a lot bc Japanese harems are just so...... cancerous.
Apr 2, 2018 4:20 AM

Feb 2018
I have never seen an entire Chinese anime but I have seen a few clips and after I have gotten accustomed to characters speaking Japanese it just sounds awkward when they speak Chinese
Apr 2, 2018 4:23 AM

Oct 2012
I'm interested in watching animation from anywhere, but I don't really consider Chinese animation anime. I don't know why it should be considered anime when Avatar isn't.
Apr 2, 2018 4:29 AM
Jul 2015
Do you want a super deep answer? Japan in general is better, is disgust necessary? There is a middle point and it is confused with that.
Apr 2, 2018 4:35 AM

Feb 2017
I never watched Chinese anime (except few shorts which I really liked) so I can't say I dislike or like them. I have some Chinese anime I am planning to watch soon.

As for why people might dislike Chinese anime I can think of few reasons. I think some people are not used to hearing Chinese language and that might be the thing that puts them off and I know of people that don't like Chinese anime just because it isn't Japanese and refuse to give it a chance.
Apr 2, 2018 4:37 AM

Jul 2017
Tennouji said:

Oh I see. I apologize for my rude remark because of my misunderstanding.

But yes, it really pisses me that he doesn't want to try other anime that is not made in Japan just simply because it's not made in Japan or simply because they're not voiced by Japanese voice actors. I tried to recommend him to watch a certain Korean anime because the Korean game that we're playing got a Korean anime adaptation although he doesn't want to watch it simply because of it's not voiced by Japanese voice actors and yes, the fact that it's not made in Japan.

It's cool don't worry about it.

Are you talking about the Elsword anime that just got made recently? I would check that out, but most people say don't do it unless you played the game and I'm actually going to follow that advice this time. I tried watching Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru without playing the game when people advised against it and that turned into a disaster.
Apr 2, 2018 4:40 AM

Sep 2011
AndroidRoberts said:

It's cool don't worry about it.

Are you talking about the Elsword anime that just got made recently? I would check that out, but most people say don't do it unless you played the game and I'm actually going to follow that advice this time. I tried watching Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru without playing the game when people advised against it and that turned into a disaster.

Yes I'm exactly talking about Elsword anime and if you want to know the casts, then yes it's really required to play the game. But if you don't really care about them and you just want to know the story, then it's not really that necessary.

Apr 2, 2018 4:48 AM

Jun 2016
That does seem to be the general consensus (that people hate Chinese animation). The reasons why have been highlighted already. The voice acting and animation quality is often inferior to Japanese anime, which I think plays a big part into the dislike.

The reason for that is Chinese producers don't have as big as a budget when creating their content (it doesn't help that they're not as popular either), which makes for lackluster products sometimes. That's also the reason why the episodes are shorter as well.

However, that aspect may change soon as the popularity of Chinese animation has been on the rise. Pair that with the fact that many people are complaining over the lack of "good" and/or "original" anime recently and that perception may soon change.
Apr 2, 2018 5:01 AM

Feb 2016
While i do watch some chinese anime, it's not something that i would go out of my way watching.
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Apr 2, 2018 5:02 AM

Jul 2015
I've seen like one or two and i remember one being beyond generic, the other wasn't bad though, Ani tsukeru or something
i think china could do it, they could enter the anime scene
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Apr 2, 2018 5:04 AM

Jul 2015
the voice acting is so annoying for me
i can't stand it
tragedydesuApr 2, 2018 5:08 AM
Apr 2, 2018 5:11 AM

Sep 2017
Because everything that is not 100% japanese is absolute trash according to the laws of the universe
ppl don't think their opinions be wrong, but it do.
Apr 2, 2018 5:29 AM

Oct 2017
I honestly can't stand the Chinese Dub. I would watch Chinese Anime if they have the Japanese Dub. Besides that, a lot of them are pretty mediocre, I haven't found a good Chinese anime yet.
Apr 2, 2018 6:30 AM

Jan 2018
Can't beat Japan dub. I'm in love with anime, not Chinese cartoon.
Apr 2, 2018 6:36 AM

Oct 2017
Japanese dub is better than the Chinese...
Apr 2, 2018 6:48 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Many of them are trying to emulate Japanese Anime instead of setting their own style and stories to the anime medium. And they come off as cheap and poor. The only on I've seen be pretty damn good is Quanzhi Gaoshou which is about an adult esport player going into retirement and overthrowing the system. Something that's big in the Chinese scene and very rare for the Nippon to do is a more adult story.

Apr 2, 2018 6:54 AM

Jun 2017
For the same reason I hate american cartoons - it's not Japanese

Apr 2, 2018 7:44 AM
Aug 2016
>chinese anime
>?

Tbh, I have not encountered anyone who watches donghua (^:
Apr 2, 2018 7:49 AM

Apr 2015
I don't mind Chinese anime even though (Generally speaking) it has lower production values.

That said I would hate it if I were a translator or a FanSub-er. All Chinese Manhuas that I've read have been cancelled at some point or another because the language drives people insane.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Apr 16

146 by Old_School_Akira »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

51 by TitanOfPlasma »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

63 by Rachiba »»
4 minutes ago

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - Apr 16

22 by Jonas-K »»
4 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

14 by APolygons2 »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.