Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 24, 2017 6:33 PM
Dec 2014
The setting and the plot seem interesting, but if the info dumps continue to be given this clumsily I might end up dropping this show.
Oct 25, 2017 3:53 PM

Oct 2015
It seems like the Mud whale is in trouble with masked, I wonder who are they and what does Lykos mean when she said they are sinners of Falaina. This anime seems to be interesting so I will watch it and hope to continue enjoying it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 30, 2017 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
Actually felt kinda bored watching this. Characters are a bit flat and uninteresting. The exposition was unnatural (see: the convo between MC + the siblings he lives with and the scene with blonde woman monologuing about her entire fucking backstory to the guy who is obviously familiar to her). The female main also seems like she is going to have a pretty typical development where she learns to embrace her emotions again or something cheesy like that. Meh.

Was preparing to drop this until the ending came. Maybe now the show will finally start moving in an interesting direction. I very much hope so, because it would be a shame to give up on such a gorgeous looking anime
Nov 2, 2017 5:02 AM

Sep 2017
I have a funny feeling that the blonde girl is going to die, but come back to life later in the series. She seems like too big of a character to be suddenly killed off and never return. Then again, Madoka Magica has shattered every expectation of mine when it comes to this kind of thing, so who knows, she could be dead for good.
MelodyFireNov 5, 2017 4:38 PM
Nov 5, 2017 4:19 AM

Jul 2009
No way!!! I liked Sami!!!
Nov 12, 2017 11:31 PM

Dec 2016
Was about to say that I hope the story goes somewhere soon... then the last minute happened and I was pretty surprised and content. Man the artwork of this show, as well as the now developing and interesting plot should make this a great series!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 30, 2017 9:58 AM

Aug 2015
Wow, wow, wow, wow!! Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Really??????
Dec 16, 2017 5:01 PM
Mar 2017
what the heck?. That animal was also crying ??
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 23, 2017 2:17 AM

Jun 2013
oh no shit just got serious
Jan 3, 2018 10:26 PM
Mar 2012
wut osananajimi already lost at the start line.
Mc kinda reminds of Bell & Phos as a historian.
Mar 10, 2018 12:25 PM

May 2012
The pacing on this episode is fantastic! Really wonderful but damn that ending :o did really not expect such development as early as this!!
Apr 8, 2018 12:17 AM

Dec 2012
They feed on emotions? Unversed?
Chakuro going to jail now.
Oh snap! Chakuro said Sami's heavy now.
Kuchiba wanna smash. lol
lol at Kuchiba liking Taishi since they were little.
Taisha is 42.
Dat ship.
Oh shit! They got guns!
SAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 14, 2018 11:20 AM

Jan 2014
WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST CARRY SAMI, CHAKURO? NOW YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO CARRY HER DEAD BODY WHICH IS WAAY HEAVIER!
Apr 14, 2018 12:50 PM

Mar 2010
Oh damn shit is getting real... sami :( poor girl! Hope it isnt too late for her and i wonder what theyre looking for or coming for? But its certain lycos is involved..
May 27, 2019 6:24 PM

Jun 2014
This is bad. Whoever those people are, they're attacking everyone on the Mud Whale!

Sami has been hit! Will she survive?

Aug 25, 2020 4:58 AM

Jul 2015
Rather peaceful episode showing everybody's relation with one other and their family situation as well. but damn that ominous end makes me wanna keep watching for more.
Just a theory from what we know so far but I believe since the world is at war they probably created those people with thymia to fight those wars (hence their short lifespan). And I guess the original people of the mud whale probably defied that world in order to live in peace and are therefore branded as criminals.

Mar 23, 2021 6:25 AM

May 2015
Wow that went bad really fast...like to fast.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 21, 2021 1:48 AM

Feb 2014
Noooo Sami!!!! Yikes, I wonder if those creepy jester soldiers are the ones who destroyed Lykos' island (and I wonder why she's the only one who's still alive...)

Poor Lykos, having to bury all of her friends and family alone :( And that nous thing is creepy o_o really interesting to see her as she redevelops her heart

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2021 11:46 AM

Jun 2016
Wham, an island outta nowhere. An island assault is on its way, and Sami got hit by a bullet. Aside from that, Lykos's island had an odd entity that takes peoples emotions from them, willingly, it seems, as they are deemed unnecessary, eh. There must be more to the Apathoia and the nous.

Apparently, you need emotions or some resemblance to notify that an attack is about to commence. Poor timing there, Lykos. Still, what could the inhabitants of the Mud Whale have done to be classed as "sinners"?

The Chieftain delivers some neat info that the Unmarked islanders get inducted into the Council of Elders (who run the Mud Whale) at the age of 61, where the true history of the island is revealed to them. Damn sneaky old people...

Jun 21, 2022 3:08 PM

May 2019
2 episodes seen and I have been pleasantly surprised! The setting is really intriguing with gorgeous art and the characters are likable.
Apr 8, 2023 1:51 AM

Jul 2016
interesting... the entirety of the doro kujira ship slash island are branded as criminals. but they seemed to have been living in relative peace despite those short lifespans, which leads me to think that their sin may be that (peace) in itself. for whatever reason. i knew the childhood friend wouldn't be as relevant as "lykos" judging by the opening, death this early is crazy though. i vaguely remember hearing that this series was either wild, hollow, disturbing, upsetting, or sad back when it was airing... guess i'll have to find out which applied, if not all.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

95 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Apr 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

160 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 7, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.