Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »
Sep 3, 2017 11:44 AM

Aug 2016
I still remember episode 6: simply perfect
:v
Sep 17, 2017 7:08 AM

Dec 2010
I hate this show.

The troll reveal was kind of great though, haha.
Sep 17, 2017 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
Meritas said:
I hate this show.

The troll reveal was kind of great though, haha.
Why do you watch it then
Sep 18, 2017 12:12 PM

Dec 2010
sim0n2170 said:
Why do you watch it then
Killing time. And trying to cash out on all the time I spent on S1 to get jackshit in terms of revelations.
Sep 18, 2017 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
Hot dam that last scene. Eren has really bad luck with friends turning out to be titans that screwed his life over.
Sep 26, 2017 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
nani the fuck? thank god i avoided all spoilers

Oct 7, 2017 2:37 PM

Oct 2010
I've already finished S2, but wanted to come back and read the discussion for this episode. Glad it's not just me which found it hilarious just how nonchalant Reiner was about telling Eren that he and Bertolt were the Armored and Colossal Titans. It could've been handled more competently, but I doubt I would've laughed as much had it been.
Oct 9, 2017 10:46 AM

Apr 2012
"Oh yeah by the way, I'm the armored titan. He's the colossal one"

That is NOT how you broach the topic.

"You need to ease them in, like lowering fish into a new tank of water. Let the temperature adjust. You don't just drop it in!"

(I think that's a quote from FRIENDS, but I couldn't find the clip so I'm not sure)
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Nov 17, 2017 3:50 PM

Sep 2010
I read manga years ago so I wasn't in hurry to watch anime but anime is really doing great... although that CGI colossal titan was a little bit too much. Manga aside, the Colossal Titan was always the symbol of Shingeki anime and surprise, surprise, he is probably most recognizable character of the series... even people who don't watch anime and didn't seen SNK will recognize this dude and yet here we got him in crappy CGI... shame.

Oh well, next episode will be dope.
Nov 21, 2017 5:46 PM

Oct 2014
FMmatron said:
The years of waiting were absolutely worth it, but it would be nice if I could've reset my memory before watching this episode. Knowing about the big revelation took a little bit of the tension, it was still a great watch, though.

5/5 epicness overload

agree. despite knowing that this will happen, still an epic episode.

excellent adaptation
Dec 1, 2017 7:47 AM
Dec 2012
Great song for the reveal.

I guess the reveal was similar to Annie? It's good they had their suspicious prior to this unfolding.
I didn't expect it to be so blunt though and I laughed when I first heard it.

I spoiled it for myself during season 1 reading the wiki but it was nice to see how it finally happened.
Reiner looked really desperate but his actions were very human. He seemed to trust Eren, for someone that was after him this whole time?

I'm not quite sure why he longs for his 'home' and why he would want to bring Eren there.
It was great to see Mikasa act so quickly to the possible threat.

Traitors? Partially, but it really makes you wonder why.
sosmetalDec 1, 2017 7:51 AM
Dec 9, 2017 3:41 AM
Apr 2017
This might be one of the rare examples of a followup series that's a little tighter than the original. I was just thinking of how it's been a while since we heard about Annie before she was brought up.

Still, the series has yet to top the atmosphere in the first five or so episodes of the first season.
Dec 22, 2017 4:08 AM

Dec 2012
Ymir is still alive.
Historia Reiss.
There's no hole in the wall.
WTF did Reiner just say to Eren?
Reiner is the Armored Titan and Bertolt is the Colossal Titan? Wait....WTF!!!!!! Why is this happening so casually?
They suspected Reiner and Bertolt earlier.
Dat regeneration.
Mikasa attacks them.
Dat transformation.
Of course they'd go the CG route now. smh
Eren transforms.
Dat ending.

WTF! I'm still amazed at how Reiner just revealed all that so casually as Hange and co. were walking away. Bertolt is the Colossal Titan? I would have never expected that considering it looked like a final boss. Also, fucking CG makes its way in SnK (regarding the Colossal Titan). That would have never happened in the 1st season. I was hoping SnK would be one of the last animes to not go that route, but I was kidding myself. Lazy fucks.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 5, 2018 12:37 AM

Nov 2015
Ok so I know SnK S2 has already been finished for months now and everyone is mostly focused on the upcoming season, but I was rewatching some scenes from my favorite episodes and I noticed something strange that I couldn't figure out.

Before Reiner reveals his and Bertholt's identity to Eren, he confesses his fear at the thought of nearly dying a second time, to which Eren replies that that's a natural thing to think. Reiner is really stressed out, and asks Armin to recall the the time that "Annie nearly crushed him like a big" during the Scout's expedition. That's the thing, though. He says Annie's name specifically, instead of calling her the Female Titan. That didn't make sense to me, that he simply blurts out her name as if that's supposed to be common knowledge, especially since at the time, that reveal and subsequent battle only took place a day or two before before the events of this episode. Outside of the obvious answer that he is a Titan spy, as a soldier, he shouldn't have any idea who the Female Titan is.

I tried to search around for it, but I couldn't find anything about it being of significant importance, which I thought was strange until I realized that that line is only in the dubbed episode. In the sub, he simply says, 'that Titan'. Was it simply an addition/slip up in the dubbed script? Cause it doesn't make sense when you think about it:
Given that only Eren's group plus Jean were in on the Stohess operation, and the rest of the 104th were outside wall Sina, it doesn't make sense that anyone else would have been told about the Female Titan's identity. Especially since Armin only figured it out right before they went to Stohess, and they weren't sure who else was a spy.
If the rest of the scouts were told about Annie being the Female Titan, it's confusing that Reiner and Bertolt aren't acting concerned and trying to help her escape the interior since they are supposed to be working together.
If they are told about the Female Titan's capture, then it's even more odd that they aren't acting suspicious. (Given that Armin drops this bomb on the two of them during Eren's rescue, though, it's pretty clear that that information hasn't been told to any of the cadets at this point.)

Given how traumatized Reiner is, it makes sense that he might've been overwhelmed and said her name without thinking, although I feel as though Armin or Bertholdt would've caught that slip. Again, it's only in the Dub, so it might not matter at all. I'm just wondering if anyone else caught that, and if so, do you think it was intentional? or just simple change in script that doesn't matter at all? (especially since I'm guessing most people watched SnK subbed as it aired, considering the dub was 4 weeks behind)
Jan 5, 2018 4:04 AM

Oct 2013
@ISOQuorra

I dont watch the dub, but I have heard people complain about stuff like that. There is some flawd in the dub version.
Jan 7, 2018 5:49 PM

Sep 2011
I couldn't believe what I was seeing/reading.
Jan 31, 2018 10:42 AM

Dec 2015
This episode was weird and frightening at the same time.
Feb 10, 2018 6:50 PM

Apr 2014
What was Reiner attempting to gain by revealing to Eren so casually and publicly? If Eren goes with them, then the others would immediately get suspicious. It would have been better to attempt at night in private and be able to leave with time before someone realizes it. Was he torn between his duties for the mission and his feelings for his comrades? But then if he takes Eren back to his "home", then wouldn't he be abandoning his mission or losing his progres? It also might explain why he risked his life to save his companions, since he'd grown attached to them.
ZeroDragonFeb 10, 2018 7:18 PM
Mar 14, 2018 4:24 PM

Mar 2016
The music, the animation, the build-up and the revelation is executed so perfectly here near the end of the episode!!! The whole thing was purely EPIC! Mikasa's immediate action to kill both of them and Eren's transformation to kill them are awesome!

But besides that... I simply can't get over how absolutely casual Reiner just revealed his and Bertholdt's identity!
ShadowkillZJan 12, 2021 1:39 AM
Apr 10, 2018 7:09 PM

Feb 2015
I wasn't expecting that surprise, I'm amazed. Eren vs. Reiner.
Apr 16, 2018 11:30 PM

Feb 2010
I AM SHOOK.

Me during that super-casual, revelation of a convo...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude!!
May 12, 2018 11:10 AM

Mar 2018
That ending part gives me goosebumps everytime. The video goes perfectly with the amazing soundtrack at the end.
Aug 29, 2018 1:20 PM

May 2018
BEST EPISODE EVER.
 Pin en Wallpapers Blue Lock Anime GIF - Blue Lock Anime - Discover & Share GIFs
Nov 19, 2018 4:47 PM

Aug 2014
ok so everyone are titans now? but each one on different side, who is next?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 20, 2019 5:33 PM

Sep 2018
EVERYONE IS A TITANNNNNN!!!
May 7, 2019 7:36 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Been waiting to see this episode ever since I read it on the manga, but IMO they were builting for too long!
Wanted to see the comet drop from Giant on this same episode, will have to wait...
Jun 13, 2019 8:05 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Brilliant episode! I was stunned the first time around and was on the edge of my seat during the final moments, ah good memories. Even though I didn’t go that far this time, I was still quite psyched so that’s a plus I suppose.

Reiner just casually spilling the beans was enough to get me psyched but then that transformation after badass Mikasa’s cameo with that glorious music in the background, just superb! Can’t blame Mikasa there though for not finishing up in time, Reiner is pretty darn strong if he sets his mind to it after all. Good thing the Survey Corps got the info just ahead of time though, they would’ve potentially been rendered useless in shock. Bertholt’s got a hold of Ymir too, looks like they won’t let the secret spill so easily heh. Dat little Hange and Historia scene at the start was really cool too!

Looks like it’ll be Round 1 of Eren v Reiner now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 20, 2019 12:39 PM

Sep 2013
Finished the season
This was, without doubt, the best of the 12 episodes. The only one that reached the same heights as the first season.

The direction of the reveal scene was fascinating to watch. Something so earth shattering is told to the audience almost as background noise, and focus is shifted quickly away almost to take your attention off of it. It was a very unique artistic decision. I loved it

Also a side note about the dub: the performances here were exceptional - almost as good as the Japanese.
Bryce is still awful as Eren, obviously. He will continue to be the black mark on the English dub. Everyone else really gives it their all, though. Mikasa and Armin's English VA especially put their entire soul into their performance. You can tell they're really trying to match the Japanese audio. Really impressive.

5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2019 1:59 PM
May 2016
Coming back to pay tribute to the best episode in the series before season 3 came about. See you guys later for the same effect when chapter 100 gets animated
Jul 10, 2019 5:27 AM

May 2016
OH. MY. GOD. What can I even say about this episode??? For someone who hasn't read the manga, this episode was liiiit.
Aug 24, 2019 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
I'm disappointed with Bertholdt being the colossal titan... I don't remember anything about him other than being a typical side character and he's the main iconic titan?
Oct 1, 2019 6:22 AM

Jan 2016
Oh my god. This is one of the best episodes of any anime I've ever watched.
Nov 13, 2019 2:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the revelations about Reiner !!!
The last scene was SO EPIC, CGI was bad but I don't care as long as the rest was BEAUTIFUL
Jan 3, 2020 8:12 PM

Aug 2018
Cmon why the transforming titan gotte always the comrades on eren lol

Now its reiner and that tall guy bruh
What about marrying Historia now Reiner now you reveal that your enemy xD
Damn they really want eren to be part of their "cult" i guess
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 28, 2020 1:04 AM
Feb 5, 2020 10:44 AM

Jun 2017
Mixed emotion...
Why didnt Reiner killed off Ymir the night when he learned she killed their third closest friend(? probably) ?
The fight at the fort with the 3 dimensional gear of the Hanje squad shooting at imaginary buildings was immersion breaking..
What about their primary objective of taking in and questioning Christa ?
Beast titan's objective is shrouded in mystery.So he got into the territory of wall Maria..Ohh by the way beast titan's height is 17m and the wall 50m.But while he climbed down the animation made it seem like the wall was atleast 4x his height .Sheesh.
The point and time of revelation was horrible..Other than Mikasa and Armin,Reiner got the first hand experience of how Eren was emotionally distressed due to Titan's invasion and specially his animosity towards C.Titan..He never seemed to be the buff idiotic type..But he just revealed and asked him join to his cause like that wtf...Liked who the character behind C.titan was.I guess their hometown churns out titan shifters lmao..Also do all the heroes,villains,antiheroes originate from 104th squad.That and last night shonen-esque big revelation by Armin/Hanje is getting little tiring.
It was fun ride Reiner..You were in my top 3.A big brother to the squad.Adios
bakakisimaFeb 5, 2020 10:49 AM
Mar 21, 2020 8:59 AM

Mar 2019
I'm surprised Reiner revealed there identifies just like that. Pretty good episode,I'm excited to see the fights!
Mar 25, 2020 12:21 PM

Feb 2014
Pretty nonchalant reveal. Bertolt doesn't look the colossal titan type though, kinda cheesy not gunna lie
Jun 2, 2020 7:15 AM

Oct 2019
Holy Shit the reveal was legendary..

He mentioned the fact so subtly and non chalantly..it took me a couple of seconds to take it in..

Damn that was the best episode of this season till now..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jul 8, 2020 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
oh my god when he said '' i'm the armored titan'' and he is the ''colossal titan''

My fuckinng JAW DROPPED... I had to replay just that secene alone like 10 times beacause i belive i was seeing the subtitles wrong LOL WHAT A TWIST!!!!
Jul 31, 2020 3:20 PM

Mar 2019
Yea there's that big reveal. Sucks to see this and bruh, what was that way of telling Eren that they are those 2 titans.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 1, 2020 3:49 PM

Jun 2020
Lmao still my favourite anime reveal/betrayal.
Reiner's just too casual here, I thought I was reading the subtitles wrong or that maybe Reiner was doing some Sherlock Holmes hypothetical shit like 'If I was the Armored titan..'
and shit bruh mad
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 22, 2020 12:33 PM

Feb 2019
OMG I thought Ymir died xd, phew.

Reiner and Butthole are Titans lol.

Reiner and his PTSD, must be tough, dude looks like he has split personalities as well. That build-up to the reveal of their identity is intense as hell. Then Reiner just straight up tells Eren their secret ahahaha XD.

Holy, that was the plan by the Corps all along to debunk their shits.

Poor Eren, man must be heartbroken. All the friendship ang stuff was bullshit.

Epic Titans fight!!!!!

Based_DepartmentAug 22, 2020 12:50 PM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 8, 2020 10:58 PM

Jun 2020
i got spoiled alr but this reveal still took me by surprise - i literally replayed i was like DUDE WYD? that tension was INSANE

i guess eren feels really betrayed & hurt since he did look up to reiner, but he's so disjointed from their reality i can't even. is it THAT hard to believe? when he was being in utter shock when hanji was sharing the discovery like i was rolling my eyes, come on eren...... get over yourself, you can't trust anyone after annie.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 11, 2020 6:26 PM

Jun 2013
I had guesses that Reiner was the Armoured Titan, but noo! Not Reiner! He's such a bro!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 15, 2020 9:43 AM

Jan 2019
Everyone has been "spoilering" this as some kind of hurtful betrayal and epic revelation, but I felt like none of those are the case.

First, the revelation felt meh because all the previous tension was wasted when Reiner told Eren he and Bertholdt's identities just like that. It'd have been better if he talked nonsense and the revelation comes after they transformed. Although I gotta admit that me realizing the secret after the revelation of FM didn't helped either lol.

The other problem is that Reiner barely got screentime for me to care about him imo and Bertholdt's case is even worst. So they being the traitors doesn't affect me much because I never got the time to get used to them (the same happened with Annie).
Oct 21, 2020 10:22 PM

Jul 2019
Classic episode

One of the best in anime history
Oct 22, 2020 4:43 AM

Dec 2018
Still to this day, this episode is insane.
Oct 23, 2020 7:45 PM
Jul 2020
Great plot-twist. Would've never thought that Reiner and Bertholdt were Titans lol.
Oct 27, 2020 8:54 AM

Sep 2020
This show really doesn't care that I have things to do. Every "to be continued..." is a CHALLENGE. All the pieces falling together in the last 30 seconds of this episode. My mind is exploding.
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.