Forum Settings
Forums

Who is the most annoying anime or manga character you've seen?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 29, 2017 1:14 PM
Apr 2016
Also that boy who follows Clare around in Claymore. Ugh. Heard he was better characterized in the manga though.
Mar 29, 2017 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
I think this will be pretty much be it but... I say Ichika from Infinite Stratos. He's like annoying me in every single way possible.

This nigga beta cockboi MC is just worse than Raku, at least Raku got a girl in the end despite being dense and he was at least likable. Funny enough both of them shares the same Voice Actor from what I remember.
Mar 29, 2017 2:13 PM

Jul 2015
Cruicruise said:
KazamiSan said:

+1

I like him though, I like his fucked up character and how he only thinks about sex all the time. There isn't many characters like that. Also, can you name more "annoying" characters? It seems that I enjoy what you hate.

Kato's the whiny one. You're talking about Kurono Kei.

Oh yeah right, it's been a while since I watched it so I mixed up the names. My apology.
Mar 29, 2017 3:26 PM

Nov 2013
Ume Shiraume is the worst character, which I have ever seen.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 29, 2017 4:04 PM

Sep 2015
Shaiapouf makes me so irrationally annoyed I genuinely worry about my mental state.
Mar 29, 2017 8:20 PM

Jul 2015
Yuki from Mirai Nikki was pretty damn annoying. Yuno is pretty annoying too
Mar 29, 2017 10:51 PM

May 2009
Miaka Yuki
Shirou Emiya
Sasuke Uchiha
Usui Takumi

Please give me a damn death note.

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Mar 29, 2017 11:02 PM

Feb 2016
Subaru from Re:Zero and Nina from Berserk. Re:Zero would be so much better is Subaru died permanently and we got a new MC. And despite Nina being such an insignificant character, every time I saw her on screen I had to pause and take a deep breathe to mentally prepare myself for the bullshit she's about to say or do.
Mar 29, 2017 11:08 PM
Mar 2017
Not sure, but i wouldve loved if deathnote was from L's point of view... that counts?
Mar 30, 2017 3:03 AM

Oct 2016
sonnestark said:
ymir from attack on titan, she's annoying and pathetic

I don't ever remember her having a part that wasn't in the background.
Mar 30, 2017 3:15 AM

Dec 2016
Subaru OMG i cant really stand him when he emo for three episodes made me want to drop the series but i stayed till the end solely for the ending and i still wont forgive him for rejecting rem
Mar 30, 2017 4:46 AM

Jul 2014
Kirulas said:
sonnestark said:
ymir from attack on titan, she's annoying and pathetic

I don't ever remember her having a part that wasn't in the background.

she's important in the second season
Mar 30, 2017 4:49 AM

Feb 2016
Issei Hyoudou is the most annoying Anime character I've ever seen.Maybe it's because of his personality because I don't too perverted characters.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Mar 30, 2017 4:57 AM

Dec 2015
Just like my answer in another threads...

Lisa from Zankyou no Teror...

I still cant believe she is a main character ........
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Mar 30, 2017 5:12 AM

Jan 2011
Off the top of my head Raki and Umaru. There's probably others, but cbf remembering them.
Mar 30, 2017 5:16 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Pilaf Gang from Dragon Ball Super.

As soon as I see them.....skiiiipppppp~

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 30, 2017 7:24 AM

Apr 2014
They're not THE most annoying characters I've seen, but recently I've really been irritated by Lucoa and Saikawa from Maid Dragon. Completely useless and pointless characters who hog the screentime with literally one overdone and stale joke, repeated over and over again each episode. And that's not even going into the weird pedophilia stuff with Lucoa (Which honestly doesn't really bother me but I know can put off a lot of people).
It's gotten to the point where I can accurately guess how an episode will go once I see them appear in it. So predictable, so boring, so annoying.
Mar 30, 2017 7:26 AM
Mar 2016
Dekomori Sanae.
Is so annoying when she saids desu.
Mar 30, 2017 8:12 AM

Apr 2015
Darek said:
The answer is always Senjougahara Hitagi.

Fight me. Right now. Outside. Fuck it, inside, at my desk.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Mar 30, 2017 8:15 AM
Nov 2016
TheShaqtus said:
Kirino from Oreimo, she acts like a bitch the entire series.

Hardcore Tsundere bruh. I can agree though, she was ungrateful for everything the brother did.

Kanna Kamui.
She comes off as a brat to me and annoyed the hell out of me the whole show.

Mar 30, 2017 8:15 AM

Nov 2014
I've never seen a more annoying character than this one:

Ai Tanabe from Planetes
Mar 30, 2017 8:24 AM

Feb 2015
Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukoi No Rettousei (The Irregular at Highschool).
Honestly. If there's even a single person who dares call this abomination a character, tell me why ?!?!!?!?! He's hands down the worst MC I've seen in anime.
He's boring, has no personality, is constantly victimized, the whole world sucks his d, his anime sucks, he looks generic... I can go on for a whole day but I don't think I need to.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Mar 30, 2017 8:30 AM
Sep 2014
Mahiro Yasaka, from Haiyore! Nyaruko-san.
Though i liked Nyaruko as a character, Mahiro made me drop the series in 3 episodes.
A fork, really!?
Mar 30, 2017 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
InsaneLeader13 said:
Darek said:
The answer is always Senjougahara Hitagi.

what is the point in a fight? If you even remotely like gahara you already lost the game called life and I am not interested in beating someone who is already lying on the ground.
Mar 30, 2017 4:09 PM
Feb 2017
The antagonist from the second half of Accel World. I forget his name, but I remember laughing like a psychopath as Haru violently slaughtered him. I just really hate antagonists that are so overpowered that the main characters don't even think they have a chance until the end. It's just really frustrating to watch a character make no process against the enemy until the end. It's almost like when you're playing a video game but the boss is so fast you can't land any hits.
Mar 30, 2017 4:11 PM

Mar 2017
Pinoko from Black Jack (2004). IMO, her voice is very annoying. All respect to the voice actress who played her, but I just really dislike Pinoko's voice. Had her voice been less annoying, I could maybe enjoy her cute moments with Black Jack much more.
Mar 30, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2016
I dropped the show because of this:

Too bad the show itself is good, I just got fed up with that line.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 30, 2017 4:35 PM
May 2016
Lambo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn! He never ceased to annoy me.
Mar 30, 2017 4:39 PM

Nov 2016
Yarrowia said:
Subaru from Re:Zero was so annoying it was physically painful to watch

i can only watch one or two episodes at a time cause he makes me want to pull my hair out
"Before I slit your throat, I'll give you a kiss," Nezumi said softly. "You'll find out exactly how much better I am at giving farewell kisses."
Mar 30, 2017 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, I know I've beaten the first example into the ground.
If you want more examples I have a blog post detailing characters I don't like

Izaya Orihara started off annoying, became gradually more annoying, and by the end of the overall series I was praying for his death. He is the culmination of everything I hate; ugly, underwritten, generally unappealing, and somehow given the most centralized focus in the series with the least purpose and development beyond vaguities. Why people love him, I don't know, he's about as subtle as a truck, and his character is grating. He's not even a good "psychopath", I'm not even sure he's a psychopath at all. Maybe personality disordered. He's the one part of drrr I would've removed midway through the entire series and replaced with another villain. In short stints perhaps he was entertaining to some people, but I think it can be agreed upon that towards the end it was pretty evident that he'd overstayed his welcome.

The majority of reverse harem protagonists and harem protagonists often serve as nothing but wish fulfillment placeholders. The award for the worst traditional harem protagonist probably has to be awarded to the guy from IS, useless as shit. Secondarily, the worst reverse harem/girly series protagonist has to go to the ho from Amnesia or the protagonist from Diabolik Lovers.

Someone mentioned Yuki Cross. I could get behind that, she's about as useless and brittle as an average reverse harem placeholder. Not to say that series ever aged well for me though.

The main guy from Re;Zero has and will continue to have one of the most punchable faces in anime history, perhaps the history of animation in its entirety. He's not even ugly, everything about him is just fuckin' punchable. The way he acts is equally irritating from what I've seen, it completely dissuades me from trying to watch the entire series.

Ryunosuke Akutagawa. A whiny teenage emo with all the appeal of a limpid cheese stick. I fail to see what fangirls find captivating about him, even physically (hello, no eyebrows), he's basically a lesser copy of the same series Atsushi, except with all likeable traits removed. Good god, he didn't deserve central focus at all.

Luffy, he's basically one of the reasons I couldn't get into One Piece beyond the absurdity of the episode count.

Yuno Gasai and almost all yanderes and yangires in turn. Unless there's a decent explanation for their behavior beyond shallow and poor characterization im probably going to hate them, and even if they do have a "validated" reason I'm probably going to hate them nevertheless for how generally goddamn annoying they are. Psychopathic guys usually outrank psychopathic women in terms of character, basically almost every time. I'd rather see woman who're strong, but multifaceted, without being forcefully dominant and thereby pretty fuckin' gross. Then again the idea of femdom unless it's girl on girl is a fucking turnoff for me in general.

Kirino Kousaka. I think I can only rephrase the word "cunt" so many times before it starts to become redundant.

That human icicle guy from Mahouka, Tatsuya?? yeah, that's the one.

The fat guy from Accel World. Another useless protagonist.

Literally everyone from Mayoiga except Valkana. Save Valkana, the only reason he's being a dick is because he's surrounded by idiots.

Index from Toaru Index isn't always annoying, but she certainly has her moments of being annoying. Part of why I prefer Railgun in general.

Oh yeah
A couple more I forgot

Lelouch - bad example of a god complex character. Light is eons better. Good lord how is he the top favored mal character again? Dat shit taste kills me

Also
removed-userMar 30, 2017 6:05 PM
Mar 30, 2017 5:02 PM
Oct 2012
Deknijff said:
it was actually Lala who brought up the idea

No she didn't, she just said she didn't care if Rito like Haruna as well because she knew Rito loved her.
Momo was the one who both came up with the idea and then turned it into a reality.

Deknijff said:
its the Darkness arc with Yami that made Darkness good not the harem

If you think Yami made the Darkness arc good you are insane, outside of that one small part, she was barely in the series. If you don't like Momo, then Darkness herself made the story.

But worst character. For me Vash in the 2nd half of the Trigun series. His existential crisis about killing someone when that person is killing people he supposedly loves are being killed was dragged on too long and they put too much angst into it. And then at the end he still doesn't kill the guy? Ridiculous considering the world setting.
Mar 30, 2017 5:05 PM

Feb 2016
From what I can remember:

B-gata H-kei - Yamada. Girl was full of herself and wouldn't stop rambling on and on and on. To make matters worse, she's the lead character, and I'm supposed to root for her or something.

Mirai Nikki - Yuki. Yuno might have gotten on nerves with her constant blabbering, but Yuki was far worse of a character, if he even qualified for one. He was indecisive, whined about everything and had no likable traits. If that was the actual point of the series, then well played, I guess. I doubt it was.

Oreimo - Kirino. Worst girl out of a Best Girl Competition series. For shame.

Pokemon - Ash. Loser never improves or grows a brain. Things are handed to him on silver platters, shounen tropes everywhere, pretty easy to lose interest.

Working - Inami. Putting aside Working's generic comedy/slice of life material, Inami is not a very good character to watch for long. Her running shtick gets old really fast, and she becomes one of the most prevalent characters as the series goes on. It's really hard to give a damn.

Accel World - Fatty MC Dude. I can't even watch this series because I can't stand it.

The main "heroine" from the Koharu no Hibi manga, Koharu. Imagine Yuno, but without the stabbing and killing. She follows the one guy around endlessly, far passing stalker levels, pulls off extreme stunts that should get her slapped and removed from social circles, and I have no idea why this guy actually tolerates this girl. By the end of the manga, the word "senpai" will be engraved into your skull. She is easily one of the most annoying characters I've ever come across. If I wasn't so morbidly curious and had a strange desire to finish it, I'd have dropped this manga so quickly.
Doing nothing of importance.

Anime | Manga
Mar 30, 2017 5:10 PM

Jun 2011
I don't know about you guys but fuckers like this are pretty annoying. Always calling you names, saving your life but then acting like they are not your friend. Also the type of person who tried to kill all your friends but your best friend is like "oh yeah lets be friends with this weirdo with the bad fashion sense who repeatedly tries to kill us and calls us names because they want to be the very best like no one ever was at a card game." Yeah sounds reasonable guys.

Ummm yeah. Most annoying emo bitch who needs to get the fuck over himself and just play the game and have fun. Shit.

I have noticed these terrible friend characters frequently play chess and have emo hairstyles and get girls panties wet. Bonus points for that god complex.

Energetic-NovaMar 30, 2017 5:16 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 30, 2017 5:32 PM

Apr 2015
Darek said:
InsaneLeader13 said:

what is the point in a fight? If you even remotely like gahara you already lost the game called life and I am not interested in beating someone who is already lying on the ground.

At least I tried at the game of life. You never even attempted, let alone planned for life.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Mar 30, 2017 11:08 PM

Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
No she didn't, she just said she didn't care if Rito like Haruna as well because she knew Rito loved her.
Momo was the one who both came up with the idea and then turned it into a reality
its like if people forgot everything that happened before Darkness
and in terms of making it a reality Momo hasn't really been making any good progress anyway
Takuan_Soho said:
If you think Yami made the Darkness arc good you are insane, outside of that one small part, she was barely in the series. If you don't like Momo, then Darkness herself made the story.
Yami is like the sole reason to read Darkness since she is the main focus
sure I read it to see more Nana but I can't ignore the fact Yami was the main appeal of the manga with how much she grows
Mar 30, 2017 11:25 PM

Mar 2015
Kuroko from Raildex. She was just waaay too creepy.
Mar 31, 2017 2:17 AM

Dec 2015
CatSoul said:
This goddamn orange potato. She reminds me too much of my sister, but without any of the positive traits my sister has.

I'm glad you dislike that little shit. So do i, and i don't even have a sister.

_xDane_ said:
I dropped the show because of this:

Too bad the show itself is good, I just got fed up with that line.

Heh it was so annoying it actually got funny after a while.
AllMar 31, 2017 2:32 AM
Mar 31, 2017 2:32 AM

Jun 2016
Recently, I'm really annoyed by Aki Adagaki and her 3 female "bodyguards" from Masamune's Revenge. Every single time these characters are on scene, I feels like I wanna to punch them in the face because of their annoying and bitchy attitude.

Even then, they aren't even close to Miyuki Shiba, one of the most annoying character I have ever see currently. Almost every single scene with she's in can be summarized with she just running around freeze some people and saying "Onii-sama!!!" to her beloved brother the entire time. At one point I even want to cheer for the bad guys for wanting to sabotages her CAD device.

I also find that Momo from To-Love Ru a little bit annoying as @Deknijff mentioned.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What if your favourite anime had your least favourite flaws?

APolygons2 - 31 seconds ago

0 by APolygons2 »»
31 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

21 by logopolis »»
3 minutes ago

» So is Shin-Chan actually G rated and the Funimation Dub was like Ghost Stories or is it Adult in nature like Oruchuban Ebichu

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

3 by vasipi4946 »»
5 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

58 by MasterTasuke »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 37 minutes ago

8 by deg »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.