Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2016 11:56 AM
Apr 2014
So Rem didn't lose her demon powers huh.
I feel like the author gave away their backstory too quickly and took the mystique away from these twins, I liked that mystery surrounding them and how we didn't know what their mortal standings are, now we know that Rem will ride Barusu's cock all day every day, he did however introduce even more questions with that last scene involving Ram and Roswald, which is intriguing.
Jun 12, 2016 12:00 PM

Oct 2012
Barion-Zara said:
U know they went in with the animation when all the screen shots of Rem's smile are different so far lol. So many frames were captured :3
Lol true that xD
Rem's smile was so beautifully done it melted my heart~
E.M.T or E.M.F might be in trouble xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 12, 2016 12:00 PM
Aug 2015
HecticLeo said:
All the dying, the pain, the suffering and the cliffhangers just to see this beautiful face was so worth it.

all the suffering from waiting, has healed by rem smile :'(and when she crying i cant take it anymore.. 5/5 mah gurl for suyre
Jun 12, 2016 12:02 PM

May 2012
Barion-Zara said:
U know they went in with the animation when all the screen shots of Rem's smile are different so far lol. So many frames were captured :3

Lmao they really did though. I was like damn someone pulled one hell of an all niter to draw all those shots.
Jun 12, 2016 12:03 PM
Sep 2012
Fappa said:
Did I miss something or why did twitter explode with this episode of Re:Zero?

Usually it trends with 17k and is second or third.

This week it has 28k and is first by a large margin.

Rem-rin is working her magic.

Also lol at the author's twitter. He is already preparing people for the stuff that awaits them in arc 3 and apologizes beforehand. He also says he is prepared to get a lot of messages where people tell him he is a terrible person ( not serious of course ).

Rem-rin is love. Rem-rin is life.

And yeah, third arc... I wouldn't be surprised if people did start sending him messages about it.
Jun 12, 2016 12:06 PM

Sep 2015
Molandero said:
HecticLeo said:
All the dying, the pain, the suffering and the cliffhangers just to see this beautiful face was so worth it.

all the suffering from waiting, has healed by rem smile :'(and when she crying i cant take it anymore.. 5/5 mah gurl for suyre

This one scene made me tear up a bit which was completely unexpected from this anime. Your girl? Excuse me but she's MY maid.
Jun 12, 2016 12:07 PM
Jan 2013
So are we all supposed to forget the fact that Rem brutally murdered Subaru just because she smiled?
yeah no fuck that
Jun 12, 2016 12:08 PM

Dec 2009
That smile by Rem made all the suffering worth it.

Good job Subaru. I really am liking him as a main character.
Jun 12, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2015
enginesofdemise said:
So are we all supposed to forget the fact that Rem brutally murdered Subaru just because she smiled?
yeah no fuck that

Clearly someone hasn't been paying attention to the show.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 12, 2016 12:11 PM

Jan 2016
I finally get it now

I have seen the light and have accepted Rem as my waifu

Rip Emilia 2016-2016
Jun 12, 2016 12:12 PM

May 2012
bobzanny said:
enginesofdemise said:
yeah no fuck that

Clearly he wasn't paying attention this whole arc.
Jun 12, 2016 12:14 PM

Jun 2014
Move over, Emilia-tan, Rem-chi and Subaru are now my OTP. The winds are strong.
Jun 12, 2016 12:15 PM

Jan 2016
Dkmariolink said:

Preach! All Hail the New OTP
Jun 12, 2016 12:15 PM

Jan 2015
The backstory was nice !! Subaru got through her which is also good.
Jun 12, 2016 12:17 PM
Apr 2014
Dkmariolink said:

The winds of defeat are strong indeed.
Jun 12, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2011
Finally, that fucking arc is done. Think it should've ended like two eps ago, but that's probably asking for too much. At least they got rid of the backstory of Rem and Ram in this episode and wrapped up the Mabeasts.

Hongu said:
Love how they needed to shoehorn a shallow date between Subaru and Emilia at the end to remind us that she exists.
Either way, great episode from what I've seen. Patiently waiting for subs.

Not really too ecstatic about Emilia playing this barely tangible goal of Subaru, it just feels like a waste of a character sometimes. Dunno if it's possible she may be a villain and they're distancing us from her for some reason but, meh. She is just seems kinda there to me at times.
Jun 12, 2016 12:19 PM

Oct 2014
2 Things missing to make this anime perfect:
1. How is Subaru a neet? He is such a smooth talker, fighter, brawler, etc... xD
2. EMF is literally a trophy right now. The Date part at the end was somehow ''eh..?'' after that Rem Scene.

Still, was an awesome episode and AOTY so far.
Jun 12, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2016
Poor Rem :(

Well, it was a nice episode overall; it ended on a good note...which, by the way, leaves me a little bit apprehensive. Something tells me chaos will begin next week.
Jun 12, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2014
A past episode oh the twins were so cute
Jun 12, 2016 12:24 PM
Apr 2015
Welcome to Rem-chi fun club
Jun 12, 2016 12:25 PM
Apr 2015
someone remeber who killed subaru 3 times in that arc? cuz i dont

Jul 2009
Karrwin said:
purpleninja0006 said:
Is Rosewald trying to grow Rams horn back?

To me it seemed as if she was going to die otherwise.
Reminded me of this old anime Chrono Crusade, where demons required their horns to get supply of mana from the atmosphere, and if cut they would die after a while since they need mana to be alive. Or something like that o.0 - its been a while since I watched it.
I imagine its something similar in Rezero.

Also, Shamac!

Yes it is something like this in the japanese folklore where some of them lose their mana/spirit until they die or disappear, if I recall correctly there's demons like this also in Nurarihyon no Mago (I'm not 100% sure because Nurarihyon is more centered in Yōkai and Spirits).

This episode was excellent and the only thing left now is the development of Emilia, Elsa, Felt and Reinhard from the first arc or at least a bit of it.

The backstory of Ram & Rem was handled nicely and that scene with Roswaal talking about killing the dragon while talking with Ram was quite unexpected for me.

Feb 2015
Well Re:Zero has now overtaken Iron Fortress as my AOTS and could easly be AOTY. Seriously this is the best work White Fox have done since Steins Gate. I can see this series becoming a major franchise like SAO.

If this doesn't get a second season I'll eat my shoe.

Oh and Rem is fantastic
Jun 12, 2016 12:27 PM

Jan 2016
Crashmatt said:
Well Re:Zero has now overtaken Iron Fortress as my AOTS and could easly be AOTY. Seriously this is the best work White Fox have done since Steins Gate. I can see this series becoming a major franchise like SAO.

If this doesn't get a second season I'll eat my shoe.

Oh and Rem is fantastic

So proud of White fox rn. They have truly earned my respect back after the Akame ga kill debacle
Jun 12, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Emilia was more prudent than some of us might've assumed of her in the previous episode. It was actually Puck that wanted her to go. (Maybe then Puck shouldn't be considered to be wise... Perhaps, he's too young.)

Ram appears indebted to Roswaal. Is it only, or also that she's fell in love with him? I think both. (I've seen their interaction portrayed in the manga [of previous episodes], and she was shown more affectionate in their encounters.)

She blamed herself for feeling content about the loss of her sister's horn. (The shameful, dark feeling of jealousy Rem felt towards her twin sister's prodigious talents... that were even hindered by her own existence.)
Jun 12, 2016 12:29 PM

Mar 2015
Look at all these newly converted people! How beautiful! Rem-rin finally received her spotlight in the anime.

Take that back naysayers who claimed that I was delusional when I said my Rem-rin is best girl.

Ahh how beautiful will arc 3 be with you converted people~

Jun 12, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
Is it me or did they completely skip the fact that

That's a pretty damn important detail, and one of the reasons they go back to the capital in the first place. Not to mention the whole dragon thing with Roswaal being anime-original. Hopefully they somehow include that in the next episode, or else the future doesn't really bode too well, considering White Fox's previous reputation for this type of stuff..
Jun 12, 2016 12:34 PM

Mar 2015
OrangeJP said:
This was a good arc. I have high expectations for the next one

We all know the REAL reason why everyone likes Rem is because she's horny unlike Ram ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hopefully nothing goes wrong during the date

I hope this is not a F-ing flag.

May be Subaru will die every time he asks Emilia for a date lol

Jun 12, 2016 12:35 PM

Feb 2015
Hongu said:

That's a pretty damn important detail, and one of the reasons they go back to the capital in the first place. Not to mention the whole dragon thing with Roswaal being anime-original. Hopefully they somehow include that in the next episode, or else the future doesn't really bode too well, considering White Fox's previous reputation for this type of stuff..

I' hopefull they have learnt from their mistake with Akame Ga kill.
Jun 12, 2016 12:36 PM
Sep 2012
Hongu said:
That's a pretty damn important detail, and one of the reasons they go back to the capital in the first place.

Probably will be mentioned next episode.

Hongu said:
Not to mention the whole dragon thing with Roswaal being anime-original.

You sure about that? That scene was in the WN.
Jun 12, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2014
Hongu said:
Not to mention the whole dragon thing with Roswaal being anime-original.

It's not anime-original. @Fappa wrote about it here (also spoiler alert).
Jun 12, 2016 12:38 PM
Jul 2014
Whats with the abbreviation on EMF? Or is it random shit Sautaru pulled out of his ass? I googled it and found that its something that has to do with the industry. Am I missing something here?
Jun 12, 2016 12:40 PM

Jul 2015
Wow, this episode. I was close to putting Rem to a place higher than last place. :P

Excellent episode. The previous foreshadowing pays off and connects their background story to pre-existing hints. Especially the connection to the Ogre story is now clear. Rem represents the Red Ogre while Ram the other one. The villagers are represented by the demon village. Also one scene, where Rem despises the comparison between her and Ram finally makes sense. This all attributes to the great writing of the stoy. I'm prepared for what comes in the next arc!

And am I the only one who heard a slightly creepy tone at the end of the episode (music)? This might be a clue as to what Subaru can expect from the world and/or Emilia. And that she didn't want to help him. Interesting hints.
Bernkishi07Jun 12, 2016 12:55 PM
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 12, 2016 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
The backstory of Ram and Rem was great!

The interactions between Rem and Subaru at the end was beautiful!
Jun 12, 2016 12:42 PM

Nov 2014
I love it when a story stops on a cliffhanger, then continues with an 8 minute flashback to spell everything out for me.

I'm glad all the curses are gone. It was nice to see Rem and Subaru bond a bit. They even hugged and held hands. Isn't that like third base in anime?

Ram's body belongs to Roswaal? What the hell is going on between those two?

Blemishes aside, nice episode, and a lovely ending to this arc.

5/5
Jun 12, 2016 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
bobzanny said:
enginesofdemise said:
yeah no fuck that

Problem seems to be that they're too dense to see the motives. Their views must be too foggy.
Jun 12, 2016 12:44 PM

Mar 2014

As an anime only watcher you really just killed this character for me from that one sentence as that was basically the best aspect about this episode.

Yes, I do find that a problem, i don't think Subaru should have been able to cast magic, nevertheless, the author could have just easily written the scene without it and it would have still been fine.

@episode, who the hell is this blond maid. She was just randomly thrown in here and i hope we hear from her soon.

Looks like Roswaal might have to constantly feed mana in Ram for her to live, maybe? Maybe the demon horn is like their source of mana and without it, they'll die, which is sorta like why Ram sorta belongs to him now.
Jun 12, 2016 12:47 PM

Mar 2015
Did I just see the formula here that Subaru will eventually be saved by someone more powerful every time when he tried his best.

Jun 12, 2016 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
Drake1000 said:
I feel like the author gave away their backstory too quickly and took the mystique away from these twins, I liked that mystery surrounding them and how we didn't know what their mortal standings are, now we know that Rem will ride Barusu's cock all day every day, he did however introduce even more questions with that last scene involving Ram and Roswald, which is intriguing.

Can you mind the language? Ugh. I know you're probably short on words - but even so, it's not excusable to be vulgar.
Jun 12, 2016 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
levan86 said:
SirKurt said:
Watching this anime weekly is painful. Maybe I should stop here and wait until the anime ends to give it a marathon. What do you think.

why though? with this kind of anime, the waiting, the feeling when the next episode finally airs, discussing it, reading people comments doesnt matter if they are agreeing or disagreeing with you, are the best experience ever.

especially with this underdog show which was shotdown early by "critics", labelled as another "sao" clone.

Yeah I like that aswell. So far this anime is the one I most participated in discussions.
Jun 12, 2016 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Hongu said:

@Fappa might be able to answer to this.

@GuidedCursor, he wasn't saved the many times he died, while trying his best. In the previous episode where Emilia and Puck fought Elsa, Subaru had saved her twice. By alerting Puck about Elsa's sneak attack, and by placing himself between her and Emilia. When Reinhard appeared, he saved everyone - not only Subaru. So where were you seeing the pattern of him being saved? I wasn't seeing it. And it has already been 11 episodes. When Roswaal appeared, he was also coming for the twins, not only for Subaru. He appeared in time? You didn't find that acceptable? Too much a perfect timing? So what about the giant demon dog not having ripped Subaru apart yet? It dragged for too long. Realistically, Subaru's thorax would've been bitten and chewed on. He had already been saved even before Roswaal appeared; but you know it can't be 100%... But Roswaal's appearance was easier to see, right? It was so grand...
removed-userJun 12, 2016 1:07 PM
Jun 12, 2016 12:54 PM

Oct 2009
Great episode, now I know why Rem is so popular! 5/5
Jun 12, 2016 12:57 PM
Feb 2016
This episode was great as always, I really loved the flashbacks and once again our MC had a pivotal role in saving the day.

Subaru is a real hero and he shows us time and time again just how far he is willing to go for his happy ending, I just hope his yin magic becomes more stable all that mana dispersal is not ideal it looks like something is burning up.

Rem was super Moe.

But she is still no match for EMF (a.k.a Emilia-tan)

Jun 12, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive episode, every second spent on the story no OP or ED.
Jun 12, 2016 12:59 PM
Apr 2014
iRels said:
Drake1000 said:

Can you mind the language? Ugh. I know you're probably short on words - but even so, it's not excusable to be vulgar.

Is this your first day on the internet? I'm not insulting anyone directly with those words, I'm simply talking about fiction.
Jun 12, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2008
FFS people use the frigging SPOILER TAG when applicable... @AnimeAdamOP @Hongu and others I skipped!
Jun 12, 2016 1:03 PM
Apr 2016
>Anime only discussion< + Mod that asked you guys to stop in the last thread.

Yet you continue to discuss the WN/LN and answer specific questions that come up with each episode.

Can't you just fucking enjoy the anime and wait for the questions to be answered by the anime itself without spoilering normal watching people too?

If you can't, learn how to spoiler tag, especially in quotes.

A lot of you seem to be to dumb to do this.
Jun 12, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2007
Dkmariolink said:

Yuup. Emilia has been the downside of the show for quite a while now.
Jun 12, 2016 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
I think I know why chinese ppl eat dogs now
Jun 12, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
We get to see the story behind why Ram is hornless.
Poor Ram and Rem and screw those oni that got killed at that time.
Just because they (Rem/Ram) are born with one horn, they want to kill them (Rem/Ram) off.
No Beatrice this episode TT^TT I love her voice tho.
Next episode is the date!
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.