Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 16, 2015 10:23 PM

Jun 2013
"It's a guy.... It's a guy.... It's a guy..."
Had to keep telling myself that at the end.

I don't know what to think of how the case was solved. The whole idea of the teacher turning his victims into chairs because he loved them seemed like an extreme stretch.

I'm still lovin' the ED song though.
Jul 16, 2015 11:22 PM
Jul 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well they know the culprit is close. Just a matter of time when they find it with their clues...

This episode got weird though with the gimmicks imo:

Broh I loved this character, one day I want to do her job (?
and Kobayashi plz stahp why is so special
Jul 17, 2015 9:01 AM
Jan 2015
This anime is really stupid. Am definitely gonna drop.

1) The MC's huge butt and hips. So outta proportion. Makes me cringe every time.
2) The MC's girly voice. I can kinda tolerate this but its super annoying.
3) The MC's attitude. I feel like the fact that he "likes mysteries" is so forced that it's unnatural. The fact that he has to smile big and always talk about how he loves it and how he feels alive is really forced - to the point of being stupid.
4) The "mystery" itself was ok, but the fact that almost everything in the deduction was pure speculation followed by an extraction of the confession at the end was really lame. It was too rushed, forced, and almost seemed like a lucky guess.
5) The only character that was worth anything was Akechi, due to his personality. If anything, he wouldve made for a more interesting anime if he were the MC. But sadly, he's not the MC.
Jul 17, 2015 10:21 AM

Jul 2012

Ugh, the comedy is getting to my nerves. Really unnecessary and clashes with that gorey/thriller mood they had going on. The mystery was uninteresting honestly. I expected much more. The chair stuff was weird. The pacing was ever-so slow in this episode.

Please get better.
Jul 17, 2015 11:55 PM

Apr 2009
Dropped. I can't stand it when there has been a gruesome murder and *no one* reacts to it. I can chalk the "geniuses" not reacting to sosiopathism or something, but when the "normals" aren't affected either (I'm looking at you Hashiba), I just think to myself "didn't you just see your classmate confess to murdering and dismembering someone you knew, as well as say she wanted to be killed and turned into corpse furniture?".

Maybe people not giving a damn is this series' gimmick, or maybe it has an unreliable narrator that ignores emotional outbursts, but either way it doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.
Jul 18, 2015 10:39 AM

Dec 2013
Alright ep I kida get annoyed by how everyone acts but I can get through that since i'm used to shows where someone dies and no one gives a damn. (It's kinda the same) BUT I'm kinda disapointed how there was PRACTICALLY no way to figure out who the killer is. They're never introduced and get 1 line and they are only background imaged. I can kinda understand that they want us to think more in depth about EVERYTHING but.....Well, I hope people understand what i'm getting at.
Jul 18, 2015 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
Shinimiras said:
but when the "normals" aren't affected either (I'm looking at you Hashiba)

I doubt he's right in the head either.
Jul 19, 2015 8:04 AM

Dec 2013
Anti-climatic revelation of the culprit, unrealistic crime, annoying MC and that yaoi-pedo shit. Dropped.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jul 21, 2015 5:14 PM

Dec 2012
I actually liked this episode, so those women wanted to be his chairs XD. I don't mind the bl undertones >.< Kobayashi scares me a bit because he finds the murder mysteries fun.

Also shut the fuk up homophobes of mal. I swear theirs a lot of them on mal.
(gets out homophobe repellant spray)
Jul 22, 2015 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
Awful.

The first episode showed some promise...but this one... I couldn't stop laughing the entire 2nd half because it was so BAD.

Good job. A girl we never met is the murder and wanted to be a chair.

And yes, those were definitely cuts on the teacher's wrists.

Dropped.
Jul 22, 2015 9:06 PM

Apr 2015
I'm surprised so many people seem to not like this show.

It seems really awesome to me - it'll probably be one of my favourites for this season.

I hope so anyways; it can be hard to tell from an introductory story what a series will really be like. But it does have a lot of potential and kept me interested throughout.
Jul 29, 2015 2:15 AM

Aug 2012
First episode was a lot better. If this episode had the same pacing as the first and the next episode was the conclusion it would have been great.

Still the show is interesting. And wow that kid is such a trap

Also getting some heavy Psycho Pass flashbacks here.
Aug 2, 2015 3:55 AM
Feb 2014
That test requested to his friend to plant a dummy phone.. The culprit should've known what phone the teacher had. It was coincidental that it was in fact what the teacher used.. If it was different, or that, the culprit didn't even get phazed by having some confidence of covering up the whole crime scene including the cell.. The boring ol arc could have continue..

Oh this show went to add crap with those campy autopsy gag.. And what are the chances that a lot of people would fall for traps in japan. Apparently high

For myself, The bar was raised too high.. I got even more pumped everytime because of the sick OP. Definitely not as expected..Just disappointing.
I'll probably stick for a couple of eps, just finding a hook
Aug 2, 2015 4:18 PM

Jul 2009
Would never have guessed, she looks so innocent...
Aug 3, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2015
Well it is good we find out what is really going on and the mystery was interesting. I didn't get confused with the clues but was able to follow it and understand it until the end. Yet it feels like Kobayashi might be a good assistant to the detective.
Aug 6, 2015 8:28 PM

Oct 2007
Late late to the party but-- For the skeleton chair at the end, does that mean that the skeleton belongs to one of the teacher's many lovers? Possibly his favourite?

Why were the other chairs at his home whereas this one chair gets to be with him all the time? Any reason behind this?
Sep 26, 2015 9:17 AM

Jun 2011
Just right after the promising first episode, this was abysmal. The show was just way too self-conscious, as in they use the imagery to explain stuffs to us viewer, but in fact it wasn't there within the realm of the show, like for example the explanation of result of the autopsy, it just felt very out of place.
Edit: The problem with it is that it was over-the-top and attempt at being comedic.

The "I want to become his chair" thing was just weird..

Kobayashi, the protagonist of the series, started out as a really intriguing character, but after this episode, he was made to be an unsympathetic guy. I believe a lot of us can relate to his feelings of wanting to have fun and feels alive or maybe just me, but this was his classmate and his homeroom teacher for Christ's sake. I really wanted to bash his smiling face in.

Opening song felt like the singer was talking, ending song was alright, but could've been better.

Yet another disappointing series after Aoharu x Kikanjuu..
ToG25thBaamSep 26, 2015 9:24 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 20, 2015 3:48 PM

May 2012
Lol that teacher jumping out of that window was the best part :p

Pretty interesting episode in general! Let's see what's next.
Nov 30, 2015 6:30 PM

Mar 2012
WTF they are just kids, why the hell are they dating a 30-year-old man O_O
How was she able to even kill the teacher? This is fucking stupid. Like hell she'd know how to make those "chairs".
Jan 15, 2016 10:09 AM

Feb 2015
*scratches head in confusion*

Chairs... I dont... why would anyone want to become a chair?! This is starting to get a bit silly but I'll give it a chance.

Anyway, I'm gonna pretend Kobayashi is a female because traps are just that confusing.
Sep 8, 2016 5:51 PM

Mar 2012
mixed feelings about this.
i feel the closure was too rushed and came out of nowhere, but i kinda got the hint on the first episode when the killer girl says "in that position".
i get it this is just an introductory case, i just think it could have been handled a bit better to be less anticlimactic.

i like how it is all weird, but it's too easy to lose direction and become just plain bad at this point.
Sep 15, 2017 12:23 AM

Dec 2012
LMAO I thought he kissed him.
That purple haired student is cute.
Nipples.
Hoshino, age 14. Sensei was prospering.
Oh shit! Dat skeleton.
LMAO at Sensei going crazy.

Hashibi been blushing at Kobayashi. Suspect.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 13, 2019 8:33 AM
Jan 2017
the paper bag face nab i wondering from where he come,, is ge human or what,, and why he can copy the other people face,,
Apr 13, 2019 1:10 AM

Dec 2013
Well, I have mixed feelings for Kobayashi and I actually don't like him that much, sorry. After speaking with the killer I felt that he just care about having fun and doesn't look too sympathetic for me. But at least the crime got resolved and cleared out. Poor Hanabishi sensei but that's a normal reaction after seeing that sick chair lol anyway, why would anyone would like to be a chair?
_kukiyomenaiApr 13, 2019 1:16 AM

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 28, 2019 6:38 AM
Jan 2019
Way too hard to follow and tonally a mess. Trainwreck of a show. Maybe it gets better?
killthemasaApr 28, 2019 6:46 AM
Aug 10, 2020 8:21 AM
Feb 2020
Okay dis is fucked up and i love it XD
Dec 4, 2023 6:25 AM

Dec 2022
I didn't go into this expecting boys blushing at each other and girlfriends turned murderous over trap jealousy.

That said, the girl's desire to be turned into a chair isn't entirely unheard of, even if it is insane. There have been cases of "consensual cannibalism" meetups in reality that are just as fucked up as this.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

146 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

70 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Takuan_Soho - Jul 30, 2015

235 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

137 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

206 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.