Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2015 7:30 AM

Jan 2013
I see that Chopin is well loved, they showed the same piece I think in episode 15.

I didn't feel like this piece really fit in that particular scene, and overall I think if they were gonna put in a Chopin piece the ideal one for this scene would be Raindrop. Since the meaning behind Raindrop was inner confliction and the contemplation of one self...
Mar 19, 2015 7:49 AM

Sep 2011
Conflict feeling about this ep....should have let migi stay dead(how did he/she survive??) and let shinichi got the spotlight using his exp he learn through the entire show to beat gotou. I hope last ep have a satisfying ending.
Mar 19, 2015 9:35 AM

Oct 2011
Wonder how it will end next week ?
Mar 19, 2015 9:42 AM

Aug 2014
"Right now, what's moving me isn't courage, nor any sense of duty telling me to fight as a champion of the human race."

^ I really liked that line.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 19, 2015 9:44 AM
Mar 2014
Torrible said:
OMG, Migi being alive is NOT an asspull. It's a twist. Learn the difference. Considering the 2 events are like ONE chapter apart, it's obvious that the twist was planned beforehand.

I can't speak for others, but that's exactly why it annoyed me so much. Why have him fake death if you're just going to bring him back like 15 minutes later? It's ridiculous.
Mar 19, 2015 10:12 AM

Oct 2013
This episode felt a bit anti climatic. Good episode nontheless.
Mar 19, 2015 10:15 AM

Dec 2014
5/5 migi is back and be okay.
Mar 19, 2015 10:22 AM

Oct 2011
I just don't understand Gotou's reasoning. He wanted to fight Shinichi and Migi in a 1 on 1 deathmatch, yet he spares Migi? Why not slice it up and then have only Shinichi to worry about?

The fight had too many conveniences and it a lot of it was based on plot armor. Very disappointed.
Mar 19, 2015 10:37 AM
Oct 2010
Cunning said:
So was that an asspull or what.. can someone clarify that whole migi situation because i would just like to know, 1 why was migi even with gutou in the first place why did gotou let him on and 2 how did the scattered cells in shinichi know to re attach migi when they cant even respon to izumi.. idk someone explain it to me because im very confused.

1. Gotou let him in so he (Gotou) could be more powerful, remember how gotou works is by forcing the other parasytes in his body to sleep and then controlling them, this allows him to create more limbs and morph his body without stretching himself thin like the dog in episode 1 did. This why Gotou can make those legs among other things. It's also why he's much stronger and faster than a regular parasyte, he's using the power of 4 of them.

2. Parasytes can pull themselves back together if dispersed, it was shown several times prior to this and even in this episode. Migi's cells weren't enough to communicate to or help shinichi but since they were migi's cells, they reacted to him when he went to reattach himself to shinichi.
Mar 19, 2015 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
More than the fight itself, good as it was despite a few conveniences here & there, those final moments where Shinichi's trying to decide whether to finish Gotou off will stay with me long after the show end's.
Mar 19, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2012
Have read page 1-3 of this thread, found some people wondered why Shinichi chose to kill Gotou. I don't know if someone has replied in the following pages, don't have time to read them all, but here's my thought:

Shinichi chose to kill Gotou because Migi said something about people who tries to "protect Earth". It is actually naive because, as Migi said, Earth has no emotion so doesn't need to be protected. Before, Shinichi thought that by letting Gotou alone, he is like helping the Earth --"let the power decide"-- but after Migi stated its opinion, Shinichi realized how naive he is. Then, he chose to be 'pragmatic'; he killed Gotou because he wants to protect his "small family", discarding the naivete of "protecting Earth".
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Mar 19, 2015 12:10 PM
Oct 2014
I actually found this episode pretty bad. Even though the fight scene was really good, the pacing felt really awkward, and most of gotou's line were really ridiculous. The last arc was really disappointing for me, especially since the show started almost perfectly.
Mar 19, 2015 12:53 PM

Oct 2011
That was so EPIC!!! It felt so hopeless watching the fight, then migi just comes back like it was nothing. Epic.
Mar 19, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2014
honestly kinda a lame episode for 2nd last
Mar 19, 2015 2:18 PM

Dec 2013
The fight was pretty stupid. In the end it was just a one v one in the middle of nowhere and the so-called "Strongest" Parasite lost because of burnt plastic and toxins caused by humans polluting the earth. Hrm... Kinda anti-climactic if you ask me.

Then Shinichi trying to go all philosophical on us... only to change his mind in half a minutes time and proceeded to butcher the fack out of that mutilated corpse of Gotou. Hypocrite much?

Here's an interesting question: If Migi was mixed into Shinichi's cells when he fixed the hole in his chest, and technically Migi is in Shinichi's cells.... Does that mean when Shinichi banged Murano...... that Migi's cells have been transferred to her as well? Let's see if they come out with some impossible Super-Parasite-Baby, huhuhu...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 19, 2015 2:49 PM

Jun 2009
L-Ryoshi said:
The fight was pretty stupid. In the end it was just a one v one in the middle of nowhere and the so-called "Strongest" Parasite lost because of burnt plastic and toxins caused by humans polluting the earth. Hrm... Kinda anti-climactic if you ask me.

Then Shinichi trying to go all philosophical on us... only to change his mind in half a minutes time and proceeded to butcher the fack out of that mutilated corpse of Gotou. Hypocrite much?

The fight was pretty stupid, and Madhouse even removed the distraction that allowed him to hit gouto with the toxic spike :-/

Nope, did you ignore the conversation he had with Migi, the part of how the world doesn't have feeling, so why care about it? This lead to Shinichi understanding he can only protect those close to him, and decided that he had to kill him.
Mar 19, 2015 3:47 PM

Mar 2014
I'm glad to see Migi back, but I also feel a bit empty. The fight wasn't really anything special, and the way Gotou went down was also disappointing. The idea of toxins in a stick wasn't too bad of an idea, but it just isn't much for an anime like Kiseijuu. Compared to the heart-touching previous episode, this reunion was a bit predictable and lacking. I hope how Migi fused with Gotou will be explained next episode.
Mar 19, 2015 3:51 PM

Jun 2013
Here is where I see a problem with this anime - It didn't show enough elements of Kiseijuu being there to eradicate humanity because they are destroying Earth. I would have really liked that theme if it was followed right from beginning. However, it just suddenly appeared at the end. It is not a bad idea, but it was implemented too late.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 19, 2015 3:56 PM

Sep 2011
i was actually quite fine with the newest parasyte, i think the decision at the end could of been a bit less, no i wont.....fuck it i will, but overall even with a tad bit of a anti-climax it was enjoyable and fits well with shinichi's character development

Now to wait a week to see if the infamous final few chapters will really be as big a letdown as the hype, im on the borders of an 8 and its all gonna come down to what note it ends on

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 19, 2015 4:37 PM

Oct 2013
Well of course Migi was still alive. Welcome back.
Mar 19, 2015 5:45 PM

Aug 2013
Somehow, I felt the same melancholy toward Gotou than Shinichi. He did some awful and terrible thing, yet, he's just another species trying to survive. In fact, he showed a lot of emotions, mostly related to anger and hatred. He looked quite pityful at the end, but I don't know if showing pity toward such a dangerous organism is a good idea. It's way more develloped than it, but a bacteria could be then judged as an organism trying to survive and so we should drop vaccine and all? No, I think that in the end, human survival come first, for the worse or the best.

Also, I've seen a lot of debate around the ideologies shock at the end, between the will to fight for nature preservation or human preservation. A fight between science and nature, utilitarism and ecologism. The problem that I saw in that debate is this one : why not both? Why some people think that you either want the nature survival at all price or the human survival to whatever is the cost? Isn't there a between line? Of course there is. I won't go on to much on that, but that's why I tend to despise utilitarism, because a lot of their adepts seem to think that you are either with them, or against them. It's not as simple as that.

But you know, there was an episode otherwise, so why not talk about this? Alright, it was a fine episode, with a few flaws in my opinion. I think that it wrapped the fight a bit too quickly. On the other hand, I can easily imagine that fighting a parasyte without assistance play in a matter of seconds. But I don't know, it felt a bit... anticlimatic?

The fight in itself was well animated. I particuliarly loved when Shinichi kicked his fortune weapon, it was some fine moves :D
And you maybe noticed it too, when he was walking and talking to Migi, they dungoofed a few frames with Migi, I couldn't help but laugh :P

Now that it's practically over, what's next to conclude? There seem to be a bit of stuff to devellop, like Shinichi return, his relationship with his father after all the mess, with Murano too. There's also that killer that is still in liberty... But I guess with one episode left, that subplot is left to our imagination.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 19, 2015 5:53 PM
Aug 2013
Gotou looking crazy af this episode ._. I think Shinichi was kind of dumb for even having hopes to kill Gotou in his sleep. Although a stick killed him? Really? Couldn't they think of anything better? *sigh* I hope we'll still see some flamethrower vs parasytes action.
Migi is back! YAY!!
But what next? Is Shinichi going to tell everything to his father and Murano? Or did something bad happen to them while Shinichi was away? Aah the anticipation!
Mar 19, 2015 5:58 PM

Mar 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
lol that asspull when Migi came back

To all of you that thought Migi's being alive was an asspull... are y'all stupid? Seriously, stop throwing the word around if you don't know what it means. We already knew that relocation was possible episodes ago, which is what Migi did. And in the last episode we were told that the rest of Migi's cells could still detect his presence.
Mar 19, 2015 6:24 PM

Nov 2009
The fight could be done better. Still think it's a great series but the episode feels rushed, probably because they have only one more left and still need to wrap up the series.
Mar 19, 2015 6:38 PM

Aug 2014
adis said:
Still think it's a great series but the episode feels rushed, probably because they have only one more left and still need to wrap up the series.

The anime isn't rushed at all, this is exactly how it happens in the manga as well. Then again, when the source material feels rushed, I guess the anime adaptation will be the same way, so I get where you're coming from...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 19, 2015 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
Great final fight, had a brilliant message from Shinichi's thoughts, as well as his struggle over making a choice. Showed that in the end Shinichi was just a human who has trouble making the best choice.

Also loved the choice of music, really reflected the melancholic moment when Shinichi finally decided to finish off Gotou.

Overall I loved how they were able to present the message from this part of the story.
That is something the manga can't do as well in my opinion, so I really appreciate this faithful adaptation.
Mar 19, 2015 7:17 PM

Aug 2014
Migi... You dick.
Mar 19, 2015 7:19 PM

Jun 2014
OK ... next episode

Mar 19, 2015 7:40 PM

Sep 2013
vodall said:
Torrible said:
OMG, Migi being alive is NOT an asspull. It's a twist. Learn the difference. Considering the 2 events are like ONE chapter apart, it's obvious that the twist was planned beforehand.

I can't speak for others, but that's exactly why it annoyed me so much. Why have him fake death if you're just going to bring him back like 15 minutes later? It's ridiculous.

The answer is easy. Migi's 'death' and subsequent 'revival' serve several narrative purposes.

1) It's a sad scene.
2) We get to witness Shinichi's true feelings for Migi and what life without Migi would be like.
It was a classic "realizing how much I like her only when she's gone" moment for him.
3) To make Shinichi's fight with Goto seem even more bleak and hopeless with the odds even more stacked against him without Migi.
4) To make Shinichi appear courageous (fighting a seemingly lost cause).
5) To show Shinichi fighting without Migi (using stealth and tactics).
6) For the sake of a twist later on and the relief that comes with it.
7) To show how Migi would choose Shinchi even if it meant forsaking a blissful symbiosis with others of her kind.
TorribleMar 19, 2015 8:19 PM
Mar 19, 2015 8:12 PM

Oct 2012
MIGIIIIIIIII! ♥
I loved to see Shinichi wondering about humans and parasytes. This part and the mayor speech were so awesome.
Mar 19, 2015 8:16 PM

Mar 2014
Torrible said:
vodall said:

The answer is easy. Migi's death serves several narrative purposes

1) It's a sad scene
2) We get to witness Shinichi's true feelings for Migi and what life without Migi would be like.
It was a classic "realizing how much I miss her only when she's gone" moment for him.
3) To make Shinichi's fight with Goto seem even more bleak and hopeless with the odds even more stacked against him without Migi.
4) To make Shinichi appear courageous (fighting a seemingly lost cause).
5) To show Shinichi fighting without Migi (using stealth and tactics).
6) For the sake of a twist later on and the relief that comes with it.
7) To show how Migi would choose Shinchi even if it meant forsaking a blissful symbiosis with others of his kind.

Nicely put.
Mar 19, 2015 9:23 PM

Apr 2009
Why did Migi get lightning powers though? lol

Rated this episode a 2. Stupid. Shinichi's tree hugger crap at the end was ridiculous.
Mar 19, 2015 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
Next ep really doesnt feel like the last.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 20, 2015 12:29 AM

Jun 2013
Really great episode, the piano ost fit in perfectly. Shinichi has an A+ personality, and his decision making was spot on while still making him feel for it.

Let's not forget about that murderer that got away ;D
Mar 20, 2015 3:15 AM

Oct 2014
Such a philosophical episode
Mar 20, 2015 3:28 AM

May 2013
Wow so Migi really did get absorbed. Didn't really understand the whole lightning that was coursing through them there.

The scene where Shinichi decides not to kill Gotou and then just change his mind was most likely due to what Migi said, that he hates humans who brazenly say they're doing something for "Earth." Pretty much told him to get real.

But still it's really great to have Migi back.
Mar 20, 2015 3:31 AM

Oct 2013
Basically, what I got from the episode's message was that if you’re someone like Shinichi, a.k.a. pretty much a normal person(and I don't mean in terms of parasite enhanced body, but in terms of just one guy without vast quantities of wealth or contacts that could potentially do something for the world in any shape or form) is simply to defend yourself & your close ones, rather than trying to play hero – whether it’s as an environmentalist or a savior of humanity. Killing Gotou off might’ve helped humanity but Shinichi did it mainly to protect himself & his close ones from harm.

Of course since he's human himself his choices will generally benefit humanity as well. If he'd be a parasite, Murano would be a parasite, his dad would be a parasite, etc and all parasites would be capable of the same emotions then his choices would undoubtedly benefit that side more.
Mar 20, 2015 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
I like Gotou's final form a lot tbh, the final battle between them went by too quickly for me but apparently it was how it went in the manga so okay. The only episode where I actually liked the ost, 1 more to go.

lucidbrandon said:
Let's not forget about that murderer that got away ;D
Mar 20, 2015 4:22 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So, Gotou is actually a Hollow, no wonder he was so strong :)

Very nice message in this episode.....This show is really unexpected

That grandma, she is the best character in the series, her personality was very likable :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 20, 2015 4:34 AM

Sep 2014
Migi ma nigga.
Mar 20, 2015 4:47 AM

Nov 2011
What the hell was that
Mar 20, 2015 4:51 AM

Oct 2011
jreginald said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
lol that asspull when Migi came back

To all of you that thought Migi's being alive was an asspull... are y'all stupid? Seriously, stop throwing the word around if you don't know what it means. We already knew that relocation was possible episodes ago, which is what Migi did. And in the last episode we were told that the rest of Migi's cells could still detect his presence.

"are y'all stupid?"

*Opinion completely ignored.*
Mar 20, 2015 5:15 AM

Apr 2010
the episode was extremely exciting and shocking!!
i didn't expect migi to come back (honestly i didn't want him to revive, for me, the story would be amazing if shinchi could think about a strategy to eliminate all the parasites by himself, that would be great)
but unfortunately the upcoming events may be expected
but in the end, would they manage to kill all the parasites? and if they can, would migi stay alive? or both of them would die together?
Mar 20, 2015 7:57 AM

Feb 2012
what an idiotic asspull
stop getting butthurt, fanboys
Mar 20, 2015 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Well done, Shinichi.
Your courage wasn't bad. Looking forward for the final ep for the Parasites hype.
Mar 20, 2015 9:41 AM

Oct 2011
Saturate said:
what an idiotic asspull
stop getting butthurt, fanboys

That is what I been saying the entire time man. The block from Gotou was an asspull plain and simple.

When you ask them about the blue lightning they say "but but it is effects!". Absolutely dreadful how the fight turned out.

Gotou needed to take a couple more steps fast and all of this would be for nothing but that writing staff couldn't have that. So they dumbed Gotou down and made him act like an idiot.
Mar 20, 2015 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
What a glorious episode! SoSO SO SO HAPPY MIGI'S ALIVE.

That was one amazing fight...love the struggle and the ost and just perfect. Can't wait to see it wrap though I'll def miss it
Mar 20, 2015 11:29 AM

Oct 2009
Eh. Again another very weird episode after last week's..
The pacing was once again weird. Also this episode just screamed shounen and yes whatever anyone else says that was a asspull. Pretty disappointing tbh, it's like the author couldn't bother to drag it out or ran out of ideas and decided just to end it like this. As for the 'deep' meaning in the last few minutes, it wasn't executing well either, I am not sure, they did so well with Reiko and her underlying message but this just uuhh...well I wish he left Gotou alive after all, at least that would've been interesting I guess..

I might have to lower the score by 1 depending on the ending..
Mar 20, 2015 12:45 PM
Feb 2015
Yay migi is back!! That was a pretty intense fight. I wonder that will happen in the next episode....
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Mar 20, 2015 3:48 PM

Mar 2014
Borgov said:
jreginald said:

"are y'all stupid?"

*Opinion completely ignored.*

Tell me, how was it an asspull?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AssPull

"An Ass Pull is a moment when the writers pull something out of thin air in a less-than-graceful narrative development, violating the Law of Conservation of Detail by dropping a plot-critical detail in the middle, or near the end of their narrative without Foreshadowing or dropping a Chekhov's Gun earlier on."

We knew relocation was possible a long time ago so Migi's being alive shouldn't come as a shock.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

655 by Akkumakira »»
Apr 25, 9:23 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.