Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2014 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I gotta say, the girls are incredibly brave in this episode and show. They still have feelings of despair and I think even Yuuki has a bit of a hard time holding it in..

Great action though with the girls fighting together with all they've got. OST remains top notch.
Dec 18, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
Yuna :(

NOO KARIN :'( Both deaf and blind now..

Finally Yuna emotionally stable enough to fight...fended off the attack on Shinju-sama.

Too intense.. not sure what else to say..
Dec 18, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2012
In this week's episode Karin lost just about everything to going Mankai several times, and Togo was willing to attack Itsuki and Fu, who had already tried to stop her, in her quest to destroy everything. In the end it'll come down to her vs. Yuna, but regardless of the outcome there can't be a happy ending right? Well the finale is next so we'll see...Another very bleak episode to be sure.
Dec 18, 2014 12:00 PM
Dec 2013
This is the one time I'm not happy for a show delivering what it promised. All this was too much. I don't know what to think
Dec 18, 2014 12:01 PM
Nov 2012
What an episode..... Karin's fight was incredible.
Dec 18, 2014 12:03 PM

Nov 2007
I am not looking forward to Christmas this year...
Dec 18, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2010
It was really painful to watch Karin fight like that, sacrificing herself to help protect the things she believes in. The club's tenets and her feelings.

I honestly feel like I am starting to dislike Tougou which would only increase if she gives up her cause. She being unable to understand how her friends would never give up on the world and are willing to go through great sacrifices to be together again. If Tougou is just filled with half=assed resolve then I would be really mad. The damage cannot be undone so why not just end everything then? Either way, I think I am disliking Tougou tbh...

Cried a little again seeing Karin in that state, Yuna facing off against Tougou. I really do wonder what the outcome will be like...
Dec 18, 2014 12:19 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode again,
intense fighting and so emotional.
Dec 18, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
Watching karin, who has not lost anything until this episode, use mankai so many times was just so freaking depressing. She lost her vision, hearing, use of her limbs… just depressing

10/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Dec 18, 2014 12:23 PM
Nov 2012
I would probably take the same route to despair Togo did. Look at how outmatched the "world" is.... Everything around them is a blistering hell scape filled with what can only be described as cosmic horrors hungry to devour the last bit of human life that has been preserved.

The cause that she and her friends have been tasked with is extended suicide.... one that will leave them further crippled until they fall below a certain threshold and succumb to their enemies or stay preserved as helpless religious relics while others are selected to fall into the same cycle.

There is no hope for the future, humanity is in the equivalent of a glass bottle rolling down an endless rocky hillside. One of the bounces is going to shatter the whole thing. It's insanity to try and fight back and attempting to end it all in one fell swoop by killing the Shinju-sama is, in my opinion, the right move.
Dec 18, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2010
Seems that Karin lost a lot in that battle, and i hope for her that her vision and hearing is something temporal.
Not having any hearing and not being able to see sounds like a terrible nightmare.
You can live with hearing or without vision but losing both that would be very hard.

Togo is really angry and it will be very hard to calm her down the question is what will happen after all this is over.
How will the girls be treated in particular how will Togo be treated.
I doubt Taisha will be happy with the current events.
Dec 18, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2013
I feel really bad for Karin. She lost both hear sight and hearing and even the use of her limbs. This was really an emotional episode.
Dec 18, 2014 12:46 PM

Mar 2014
And I thought episodes 5 and 9 were intense...this was even a few notches beyond those. Another terrific episode, though.

Poor Karin! Still, it was one hell of a crowning moment of awesome for her, screaming the five tenets at each vertex as she destroyed them. And yet at the same time you're cheering her on, it's breaking your heart too because you know exactly what she's doing to herself.

Interesting that the app denies shinju-power to Yuki based on her emotional state, and yet still works for Togo, who's ready to destroy everything. Obviously that means the app can't read the girls' actual thoughts, only the stability or fluctuation of their emotional state at the moment. Otherwise Togo would have had her phone yanked away before she ever had a chance to destroy the barrier. That means that emotionally her feelings must be very stable right now because she's convinced that she's doing the right thing and resolved to see it through. I hope Yuki is able to get through to her.
Dec 18, 2014 12:48 PM

Dec 2013
Takahiro is now officially a soulless monster douchebag scum.

fucking faggot do this to best girl Karin.

Fuck this shit, fuck everything.

(still rate this ep 5/5 tho)
Dec 18, 2014 12:52 PM

Aug 2010
How the hell can nxt ep be called "Smile at you"??? How can there ever be smiling after all this depressing shit T^T

My eyes were blurry during Karin's fight. WHY U DO THIS?!?! Not only 2 limbs but also vision and hearing?! D: Poor Karin T O T Her battle part was so BA!

I was honestly rooting for Togo when she was guiding that huge ass vertex to destroy Shinju. That bastard needs to be erased! Bot ofc Yuuna to the rescue! She's the only hope man. But WTH can she do in this hopeless situation anyway??

And how the hell did this series get so good XD
Dec 18, 2014 12:54 PM

Jul 2014
Watching Karin going all out Mankai was just brutal. damn that was depressing.

Anyway, Great episode as always. not sure if i should be looking forward to the finale man, it just screams " ah hell no, i'm so fucking done". I really hope for finale to be well handled.
Dec 18, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
This episode was AMAZING! The action, feels, character development. It was all there. 10 out of 10. GREATNESS!
Dec 18, 2014 1:11 PM
Aug 2014
Ahhh too bad, mankai 4 times. I guess they're all gonna go mankai =/ So should we expect some happy ending such as the gods who want humans dead, to have a change of heart after seeing the girls fight?
Dec 18, 2014 1:14 PM

Jul 2014
derprume said:
should we expect some happy ending such as the gods who want humans dead, to have a change of heart after seeing the girls fight?

I honestly fear that they might pull something like this. Or Yuuna does some nakama power up, saves the day, and resets everything or something like that.
Dec 18, 2014 1:22 PM
Jul 2014
Yuuna and Karin follow Togo through the barrier and they learn the truth of the world, along with Togo telling them she destroyed the barrier. Itsuki protects her sister who is still in despair over the events that are occuring, but she snaps out of it after she sees Itsuki protecting her and comes to her senses and helps her sister out. Yuuna, who is usually the one to keep standing through turmoil falls into despair and can't transform because shes mentally unstable due to the fact that she blames herself she couldn't save a friend. Karin charges the Vertexes to protect the Hero club while shouting the 5 tenets of the hero club and defeats the majority of the invading force due to her efforts. Unfortunately, she constantly went Mankai and sacrificed a lot of her body and is in a vegetable state. Itsuki and Fuu try to stop Togo from destroying the Shinju-sama. but Togo goes Mankai and defeats them both and allows the big boss Vertex to shoot at the Shinju-sama and destroy the world and humanity along with it. Except Yuuna is now out of her slump and pulled herself together and destoryed the ball with a hero punch.

Man this show is so much worse than Madoka Magica. I wonder how Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero is gonna end. After all thats happened, if the ending is a bleak one, this show is gonna be one of the most super depressing shows I've seen in a long time. After all, prior to this, the only thing thats happened is high school girls are forced to sacrifice their bodies to protect the remnants of humankind and the gods while suffering a great deal and falling into despair. A fate much worse that death. I personally hope it ends on a good note, otherwise I would never ever watch this show again or read any material related to it due to it being so depressing. I'm not saying this is a bad show, its a great one. Its just something I would only "enjoy" watching once and never again.
Dec 18, 2014 1:27 PM

Mar 2014
Kinda predictable that this would happen to Karin, doesn't make it any less intense or sad though.
This show keeps proving itself week after week, too bad last week is the last one, one can only hope it keeps it up and delivers an amazing finale.
Dec 18, 2014 1:36 PM

May 2012
game8910 said:
I am not looking forward to Christmas this year...

D:

That was pretty intense. I knew Karin was going to eventually use her Mankai, but not that much. Yuuna finally broke down after all.

Looking forward to next week cause I've no clue how they'll wrap it up. Don't hurt Yuuna ;-;

Dec 18, 2014 1:49 PM
Aug 2009
Somebody said it earlier, this is one Christmas I approach with great apprehension...
Hopelessness seems to be this seasons main stay...
Dec 18, 2014 1:59 PM

Sep 2012
Still waiting for the drama tag.

Karin ;(
Dec 18, 2014 2:30 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, this show keeps on getting more and more and more depressing every single week. It was really sad to see Karin sacrifice her sight, hearing and use of her limbs to fight and protect everyone.

However, I am disappointed (but not at all surprised) that Yuna is going to stand against Togo. I don't like it at all, and find it hard to like Yuna as a character either, but it will at least be interesting to see how they fit in the personal conflict with the wider conflict.

I have absolutely no idea how this will end, but I am dreading that there will be some kind of stupid, unjustified asspull in the last episode to get a happy ending (cos really, a happy ending should be impossible by this point).
Dec 18, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2007
I really hope they make an ass pull on the final episode and create a happy ending out of nowhere because this shit is way too depressing. I seriously didn't expected any of this when I started it. Just the slice of life would be enough :(

Kariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin. Fuck man FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Dec 18, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2012
Why does this show hates me? Will I have to cry on Christmas day also?

There is no way this show can have an happy ending.

KARIN why? Let the world be destroyed, don't sacrifice yourself for a cause that only makes you suffer.

Karin, her is body is a prison now. Not able to see or hear. Unable to move. She can't even die to end her suffering :(

No more mankais pls
Dec 18, 2014 3:14 PM

Mar 2014
Cloudy-Sky said:
I really hope they make an ass pull on the final episode and create a happy ending out of nowhere because this shit is way too depressing.

And then instead of complaining that this show is ripping off Madoka, people will complain that it's ripping off a certain Key Visual Arts/KyoAni series instead.

That said, there hasn't been a single asspull in this entire series so far - everything has been set up pretty carefully (even the Mankai was mentioned by Karin in episode 3, two episodes before we saw it in action), so I'm trusting them not to get lazy on us now with the finish line in sight. The tone of the ending doesn't matter as much to me. What I want it to be is both a satisfying resolution, and an appropriate one to the story they've told, that doesn't betray the themes of the show. As long as they succeed with those two things, then I can live with whatever the tone of it is - happy, sad, bittersweet, or whatever.
Dec 18, 2014 3:15 PM

Jan 2012
Karin/10

It broke my heart, seein' her fightin' till endin' in that state... :( At least she went out with a Bang.

Still cant believe that this is lower rated than even teh worst possible adaption of Grisaia, welp. True despair. Teh music is alone 10/10 as a Nier fan lol

Not sure what to expect from "Smile at you", but im trustin' that i will like teh endin' :) Its gonna be an interestin' Christmas this year again for sure.
Dec 18, 2014 3:46 PM
Sep 2011
I had so much to say, and then I went to the page and realized this was written by the guy who wrote Akame ga Kill...wait...seriously? Honestly I find it difficult to believe but...okay...
After that I realised that this show actually has a pretty low rating, only just holding a 7/10, which is really low on MAL, which really surprises me considering how good the show has gotten. I guess a lot of people rated it after the first two episodes.

I could rave about the episode, but I'd just be parroting what others above have said. But to be quick:
>Oh my god Karin.
>Oh my god Togo.
>This series has great action.
>I didn't sign up for this...
>Oh my god the ending!
Dec 18, 2014 3:52 PM

Mar 2012
Cloudy-Sky said:
I really hope they make an ass pull on the final episode and create a happy ending out of nowhere because this shit is way too depressing. I seriously didn't expected any of this when I started it. Just the slice of life would be enough :(

Same here. I think this is the first time I actually want a "reset everything" kind of ending (even though I hate when shows do it).
Nevertheless, I'll probably be satisfied with whatever ending we get.
This episode confirmed AOTS for me. Also, OST is great.
Dec 18, 2014 4:02 PM
Aug 2009
This show is in a bit of damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Give it a happy ending and it'll be strange (unless the author is a fucking god at spinning a good end) give it a bad end and he will have ruined Christmas for a good number of people and them Madoka feels to boot.
Either way this show is just a heart breaker, and I'm torn between wanting a good end or a bad end.
Dec 18, 2014 4:04 PM

Jan 2012
edl01 said:
this was written by the guy who wrote Akame ga Kill...wait...seriously? Honestly I find it difficult to believe but...okay...

Wait what :o Thats quite a suprise
Dec 18, 2014 4:07 PM

Dec 2014
Awesome episode 5/5

Sucks to be karin, blind and deaf. Like jesus she became Harriet Tubman in 3 minutes.

Anyways im with Togo on this, Shinju sama hid from them the truth. Who knows? Maybe with shinju sama gone maybe there will be a better world with all the gods working together.

EDIT: Just noticed some what could be a context clue. Remeber in one of the episodes that sayed the other gods wanted to "Cleanse" Shinju-Samas world?? Maybe their only trying to get rid of all the bad that Shinju makes happen to the Human world
zygisrkoDec 18, 2014 4:47 PM
Dec 18, 2014 4:30 PM

Mar 2012
I didn't even know it was made by the same person as Akame. Uh oh.
Dec 18, 2014 4:34 PM

Jan 2011
Oh my goodness, Karin really shined in this episode!! She stole the spotlight and also broke my heart. She's now blind and death and seems like she can use he legs and one of her arms too by the looks of things. ;~; It was great to see Fuu come back to her senses and fight alongside Itsuki. Yuuna came in just in time at the end. Great action and quite the emotional episode yet again~ Last episode next week, this has been so good.
5/5
Dec 18, 2014 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
Karin's battle was so bad-ass. She lost her two limbs, her hearing and her vision.
Dec 18, 2014 5:00 PM

May 2013
GOD DAMN THIS EPISODE.

Karin... I was super scared that they would take her sight away, and yet they had to take more.

I don't know what to say. I'm desperate to see what they'll pull off in the end... hopefully it won't be BS, 'cause this is a really good development at the moment.
Dec 18, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2013
Holy fucking shit. So much blood-boiling and depressing at the same time. The last scene with Yuuna standing firmly...

It's so sad that the next episode is the last. It's definitely gonna be one of my top anime only if they don't pull a BS ending.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 18, 2014 5:41 PM

Oct 2010
This episode just give me the impression that this anime going to be the best anime for this year and the most underrated anime of this last 3 years for me if they manage to put a very satisfying ending.
Dec 18, 2014 6:59 PM

Dec 2014
Real people's tragedy: war, discrimination, addiction, poverty.
Otaku's tragedy: Cute lolis got fucked by screenwriter.

Could have been more interesting if the creator put more effort in the "drama", the first 6 episodes is just a waste of time since clearly the screenwriter was playing with the expectation of the audience, and we are likely to get a broken ending like some of the anime in this season.
raveninthemuddleDec 18, 2014 7:17 PM
Dec 18, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2014
SH*T!!!!!! Poor karin T_T God damn feels. Karin lost both her eyes and ears, wtf? this is just too cruel >.<
Depend on nxt episode it's going to be 9/10 or 10/10.

KARIN >.< GOD DAMMIT!!!!
Dec 18, 2014 7:12 PM
Sep 2014
hudson15983 said:
I would probably take the same route to despair Togo did. Look at how outmatched the "world" is.... Everything around them is a blistering hell scape filled with what can only be described as cosmic horrors hungry to devour the last bit of human life that has been preserved.

The cause that she and her friends have been tasked with is extended suicide.... one that will leave them further crippled until they fall below a certain threshold and succumb to their enemies or stay preserved as helpless religious relics while others are selected to fall into the same cycle.

There is no hope for the future, humanity is in the equivalent of a glass bottle rolling down an endless rocky hillside. One of the bounces is going to shatter the whole thing. It's insanity to try and fight back and attempting to end it all in one fell swoop by killing the Shinju-sama is, in my opinion, the right move.

I agree with you. But its still unclear to my why some Gods are trying to erase humanity and some are preserving it. Well, what heroes do seem to be necessary for the survival of humanity but imo the whole hero system is messed up. Beside being cruel how long there are going to continue this, how many young girl they are going to sacrifice just to keep on living without any future. I honest believe if it was me I'd have say f$$$ U and destroyed every this, life like this not worth living.
Dec 18, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2013
AaaaaaKun said:
Real people's tragedy: war, discrimination, addiction, poverty.
Otaku's tragedy: Cute lolis got fucked by screenwriter.

Could have been more interesting if the creator put more effort in the "drama", the first 6 episodes is just a waste of time since clearly the screenwriter was playing with the expectation of the audience, and we are likely to get a broken ending like some of the anime in this season.

Yeah, fuck Shakespeare and every other fiction writers. Their "playing" was foreshadowing and a build-up. It was never a waste of time.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 18, 2014 7:53 PM

Dec 2014
DawnJ said:

Yeah, fuck Shakespeare and every other fiction writers. Their "playing" was foreshadowing and a build-up. It was never a waste of time.

Foreshadowing and build-up to an end that we have already seen and done better in other anime, like Itsuki's voice, Mimoris's disability and memory loss, Karin's change of heart even though the outcome is the same, and Mimori's great logic of "end all suffering by ending all". And they don't even bother to explain how this world functions, I thought they live in the world just like the one we live in, especially in one episode when they go out into space, but turns out episode 10 we get a few line describing the setting( not the world ), this reveal is too late to leave any emotional impact even on the characters, especially when they are supposed to be the heroines to protect this world if the audience don't know what kind of world and people they are protecting.

The one thing I can kind of praise about this anime is it's handling of Fuu's emotional conflict, it's good drama, but just like the rest it builds up to nothing but a predictable outcome.
Dec 18, 2014 8:19 PM

Aug 2013
WHAT AN EPISODE!! 5/5

KARIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Her battle is so epic but the side effect so sad..
once again, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FEELS and EPICNESS in one episode!
Dec 18, 2014 8:34 PM

May 2010
Itsuki's character development... This sisterly bond is really something.

Karin's development too... Those 5 tenets, man the feels... She lost both her eyes and ears... The despair...

I would want a happy ED but I don't see the signs of one. With Karin like that, no way it could have one. Expecting more feels-giving screams next episode.
Dec 18, 2014 8:46 PM
Sep 2014
Fu - Great.
Itsuki - Wonderful.
Yuna - Strong. Resilient.
Togo - Resolved. Understandable. Angry.
Karin - WHY?! Sight AND hearing?! The repeated Bankai sequence was one of the best things I've seen all year.
Dec 18, 2014 8:48 PM
Sep 2014
Does anyone else besides me think that they chose the perfect way to animate the Vertexes (Vertices?)?
Dec 18, 2014 9:15 PM

Jan 2011
The despair never ends ;_;
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

188 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 23, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

142 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.