Forum Settings
Forums
New
Live a life with no pain
Mar 28, 2014 1:18 AM

Feb 2014
Not talking about emotional pain i'm talking about real pain.Will you accept a life without any pain if you do what kind of life will you expect without any pain

[center][center]

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2014 1:20 AM

Sep 2012
I expect a lot of "IMA BIG BADASS MANLY MAN HURR HURR" in this thread.

OnT: I'd rather not have pain. You know, like any rational human being would.

Or wait a sec. Can I still get physically hurt, just not feel it? Or by "no pain" you mean I can't get hurt. Cause if my body is in danger I'd obviously want to be made aware of that.
Mar 28, 2014 1:20 AM

Sep 2010
No. They're some people that were born without feeling pain and look at how that turned out for them. But it would be nice not to feel anything.
Mar 28, 2014 1:22 AM

Dec 2013
Depends on what you are into.

"After I finish fucking you. I am going to kill you."

Mar 28, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2011
I want to say yes but... pain is there for a reason. It's sometimes necessary to warn your body of danger.
Mar 28, 2014 1:36 AM

Feb 2012
Topic name "yes" = you are okey with pain while pool "yes" = no to pain.
And because of this I voted wrongly >.>
Mar 28, 2014 1:40 AM

May 2012
We feel pain to warn us as children from things that are dangerous to us, no? So if I could choose to live a life without pain (as of now), of course I'd do it, since I've already got the pain warnings as a child and the rational thinking of an adult to tell what's dangerous and what not.
Mar 28, 2014 1:44 AM

Oct 2009
no pain

then i can keep going even after a girl aims down low after i accidentally cop some feels on a crowded subway train and get caught
Mar 28, 2014 1:45 AM

Jun 2007
I have an extremely high pain tolerance and I can tell you feeling no pain is fucking dangerous and not something you want. My body has paid the price plenty of times (including permanently in multiple ways), and I've very nearly died from it as well on several occasions because my insides were horrible yet I simply didn't notice.

I'd want pain only for the simple fact that I've had a life almost devoid of it, and it is not only dangerous but scary because of the fact you can't monitor your health properly at all. If that's how it feels just from a high pain tolerance I don't think I could handle my life without being incredibly paranoid about my physical health conditions if I felt absolutely no pain. Not 'a life full of pain' - but the ability to feel it and have a normal amount of it certainly - I'm no sadist.
TallonKarrde23Mar 28, 2014 1:49 AM
Mar 28, 2014 1:46 AM

Mar 2008
Emotional pain is real pain. Its processed i the same part of the brain as physical pain. You can ignore emotional pain the same level as you can physical pain.

Physical pain is actually needed to help us know when damage is being done to our bodies. Of course the pain levels probably do not have to be on the high end of the spectrum though really. Limited pain is livable but no pain is not well.
Mar 28, 2014 1:50 AM

Jun 2013
How would we grow without pain? Pain teaches us what to do and not do..
"Say it again, but sexier." - TRQ

Mar 28, 2014 1:53 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know. I have a low pain tolerance. I hate pain, I can't take that much... but it's important to feel a degree of pain. It'd be nice to have a higher tolerance to pain, but to not feel it at all? Eh....I can't say.
Mar 28, 2014 1:56 AM

Mar 2008
Actually when I think about it more. Less pain levels also means less empathy for harming others.
Mar 28, 2014 2:07 AM
Nov 2008
i'd be breaking world records every day.
Mar 28, 2014 2:14 AM

Sep 2011
The pain you feel after a good workout is always satisfying.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Mar 28, 2014 2:17 AM

Mar 2008
Kritzkingvoid said:
traed said:
Actually when I think about it more. Less pain levels also means less empathy for harming others.
you mean torturing? that may be true
I mean physical harm in general. There are plenty of people who would like to stab someone but they know it would hurt them ad they really cant handle bringing that on someone but without that pain they will go for it more likely. Although for torturing the violence would become more extreme since torture relies on pain sometimes so it would go more into psychological torture like mutilating a persons body to have permanent damage or killing others in front of them that they care about.
Mar 28, 2014 2:23 AM

Apr 2012
I can live without pain. MCL tears suck

Mar 28, 2014 2:26 AM

Jan 2014
Everything would probably be a lot more dangerous without pain, so I say no (to the question in the poll, that is, which has the answers reversed from the thread title for some reason!).
Mar 28, 2014 2:35 AM

Mar 2014
I m fine with pain. it is good as it is.
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Mar 28, 2014 2:50 AM

Mar 2008
There is rare condition where there is no functional pain reception. I recall seeing a special on tv about some little girl with it before. She was constantly getting injured.
Mar 28, 2014 3:12 AM

Mar 2014
Well. Um. without pain. we would have a bad time. alot of body functions would not be right if we did not have pain receptors
Mar 28, 2014 3:22 AM

May 2012
Assuming you don't mean being invulnerable, I'll keep the pain. That show Blacklist had an episode where a character had a rare condition called Congenital Anhidrosis(or CIPA) who could be injured but didn't actually feel anything. Was genuinely creepy to watch.
Mar 28, 2014 6:07 AM
Dec 2013
No, I'll just learn to live with pain.
Mar 28, 2014 6:37 AM

Apr 2012
Feeling no pain is stupid. Sure, being a bit more resilient to pain would be good, but not completely lacking pain.

Also, the newfegz of MAL are having fun it seems. It would be really bad if somebody would butt in, am I right now?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Mar 28, 2014 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
A big no. I heard about a girl with a condition where she couldn't feel pain, and she walked around with a broken leg once and didn't notice until someone told her. That's fucking messed up. Pain is what keeps us from doing reckless stuff, and the body's way of telling us that something is wrong. It's super important.
Mar 28, 2014 7:07 AM
Jan 2013
It's what keeps us alive, to some extent I guess. I wouldn't want my life to be painless. Sometimes you gotta experience pain to know that you've done something wrong or what you did was very stupid.
Mar 28, 2014 7:12 AM

May 2013
Obvious answer is obvious, unless you are not including body damage, death, and all the other things associated with pain, in which case my answer would be the opposite.
Mar 28, 2014 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
Physically, it can't be done. Without pain, you literally cannot walk. If you can't experience pain, you can't experience the slight feeling of having your foot on the ground. Your legs will become a noodle. You cannot operate precise, lethal machinery.

Otherwise, I would wish too, even if it meant sacrificing other feelings, as well. I'd gladly surrender my humanity for a life of neutrality and overall aloofness. That way I can focus on other things, rather than the frailties of man.
Mar 28, 2014 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
Physically, it can't be done. Without pain, you literally cannot walk. If you can't experience pain, you can't experience the slight feeling of having your foot on the ground. Your legs will become a noodle. You cannot operate precise, lethal machinery.

Otherwise, I would wish too, even if it meant sacrificing other feelings, as well. I'd gladly surrender my humanity for a life of neutrality and overall aloofness. That way I can focus on other things, rather than the frailties of man.
Mar 28, 2014 8:53 AM

May 2012
LadyRenly said:

There actually are people who don't feel pain although it's extremely rare. They can still feel pressure so they can walk without issues.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_insensitivity_to_pain_with_anhidrosis
Mar 28, 2014 9:00 AM

Apr 2011
Kritzkingvoid said:
Not talking about emotional pain i'm talking about real pain.Will you accept a life without any pain if you do what kind of life will you expect without any pain

if there was no pain, bad thing could happen to you without out you noticing. That's the whole point of pain.
ValaskjalfMar 28, 2014 9:30 AM
Mar 28, 2014 9:02 AM

Nov 2012
Evolution says yes to pain.
Mar 28, 2014 9:05 AM
Jan 2014
tiro_finale said:
Evolution says yes to pain.
Evolution says yes to wisdom teeth.
Mar 28, 2014 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
No pain at all? No. Pain is a good thing to have, else you won't know you're on fire, stabbed, etc etc.
Mar 28, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
A real man feels no pain.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 28, 2014 9:20 AM

Jun 2008
Emotional pain is pretty real to me.

Biologically, physical pain is necessary for survival. Without it, you can keep harming yourself and not knowing it's painful. Those born with such genetic disorders usually die very early.

Also the poll question and the topic question are in opposites... I'd say yes to pain and no to "live a life without pain".
Well this is a lame poll indeed.
TachiiMar 28, 2014 9:23 AM
Mar 28, 2014 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
LadyRenly said:

*stab stab stab stab stab*

Don't mind me :3

Would you be upset if I said I would love to smash your head into a wall like a bug I find at my feet?
Mar 28, 2014 11:01 AM
Jan 2014
No, pain makes me feel alive.
Mar 28, 2014 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
I want to live a life without any pain. That means my life will be lonely. However, I got so many hobbies I can distract myself that I don't mind. I can barely keep up with them right now lol.
Mar 28, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Cleaned of abusive posts, baiting/trolling and spam. Reopened
rodacMar 28, 2014 8:15 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 28, 2014 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
If you can't feel pain, you have very little gain.
I'd love to feel nothing, but it would take apart any new experiences and sensations.

Moog- said:
A big no. I heard about a girl with a condition where she couldn't feel pain, and she walked around with a broken leg once and didn't notice until someone told her. That's fucking messed up. Pain is what keeps us from doing reckless stuff, and the body's way of telling us that something is wrong. It's super important.

Somehow I'm just thinking of that House episode with that exact same girl walking around with a mess - without feeling it.
Mar 28, 2014 9:29 PM
Feb 2014
I'm not emo or a masochist, but not all pain is bad. For example, I like it when my muscles are sore after I work out. Also, as an American, I do occasionally enjoy myself an ice cold Coca-Cola from time to time. That fizzy sensation of carbon dioxide bubbles hitting my mouth is actually pain. Like with spicy foods, the pain is part of the flavor.
Mar 28, 2014 9:31 PM

Jan 2014
I assume that we're talking physical pain here.

I'm kinda torn on this, so I picked yes.

If I push myself too hard physically I will usually get an intense migraine. A migraine so intense that it results in physical effects. If I could circumvent this weakness, I feel I could push myself to achieve things nearly without limit. But then maybe I'd just end up pushing way, way too hard and die. That would be kinda counterproductive.

Pushing against pain moves your limits further back, and thus it takes more exertion to trigger that pain. I literally used to be at the point where being outside too long in intense heat and sun would cause a migraine, my tolerances have greatly improved.

So I guess, pain exists to be overcome?
Mar 28, 2014 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
Kritzkingvoid said:

No. First and foremost, feeling pain is a clear sign that I'm alive. Secondly, I'm a masochist. So pain to me is also pleasurable for me. Third, no pain would cause people to ignore hazardous situations that a normal person would know better to avoid, since they've felt the pain that encompasses said situations. It wouldn't be long before someone does an impossible stunt, transforming their life into a pool of crimson regret.
Mar 28, 2014 11:25 PM
Nov 2008
Aylaine said:

No. First and foremost, feeling pain is a clear sign that I'm alive. Secondly, I'm a masochist. So pain to me is also pleasurable for me. Third, no pain would cause people to ignore hazardous situations that a normal person would know better to avoid, since they've felt the pain that encompasses said situations. It wouldn't be long before someone does an impossible stunt, transforming their life into a pool of crimson regret.
it sounds like you discount basic human intelligence, really.

there are better reasons relating to disease if you want to argue in favour of having pain.
Mar 29, 2014 12:19 AM

Oct 2012
neither i dont care for it but i think pain is weakness
RRRRRRRRRR
Mar 29, 2014 12:26 AM

Oct 2009
No, pain is there to tell you something is wrong.
Mar 29, 2014 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
Yes because I'd like to know if my hit points are decreasing.
Mar 29, 2014 6:30 AM

Jul 2012
yes to pain

emotional pain is horrifying to me

physical pain reminds me i am alive
Mar 29, 2014 7:09 AM

Jun 2008
Heredity said:
Aylaine said:

it sounds like you discount basic human intelligence, really.

there are better reasons relating to disease if you want to argue in favour of having pain.
There's a reason people with the genetic disorder of not feeling any pain don't last long. If they don't know what pain is, they cannot learn the necessity to avoid it. It has barely nothing to do with basic human intelligence. They either need to live in a completely sheltered life or is completely obedient and remember what something is painful even though they have no idea what pain is. That's asking more than a lot than basic intelligence.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

679 by Hitagi__Furude »»
31 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

47 by beazy12 »»
41 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

48 by perfectlyquiet »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

45 by MasterTasuke »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.