Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
May 1, 2020 9:58 AM

Sep 2017
Really nice short manga , 9/10 I loved the chara developpement of Kurosawa and of the relationships .
yikes
Jul 3, 2020 11:47 AM

Feb 2019
Lmao what a beautiful ending Sugawa best girl...9/10 for sure might change it to 10/10...this one's is the best romance manga I've ever read thanks for this masterpiece.
Jul 4, 2020 11:44 AM

Aug 2019
A great manga, loved it. This is the perfect example of "not judging a book by its cover". This turned out to be much more than I expected even though I knew its reputation as a good psychological manga. Absolutely loved the character development of Kurosawa and the growth of other characters as well. This made me feel so many emotions despite being so short. I laughed, smiled, felt disgusted, sad, even teared up but I'm glad that it ended on a positive note, though I think that Kitahara's situation should have been resolved better.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 15, 2020 1:03 PM

Jul 2016
The ending was meh IMO but it was still a good read. This last chapter felt really unnecessary because I never really cared about that Sugawa girl anyway.

I related to Kurosawa a bit and he had some interesting moments.

I'll go with a 7/10 as it is quite hard to find manga set on high school that doesn't suck ass.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Aug 30, 2020 7:27 AM

May 2018
This is my first tine loving a male character.
What a fucking well done character, 10/10
Sep 1, 2020 9:48 AM
Jun 2020
The ending we always needed.
Sep 1, 2020 9:49 AM
Jun 2020
BegoneTH0T said:
This is my first tine loving a male character.
What a fucking well done character, 10/10
that's a nice way to use "fucking"
Oct 12, 2020 2:08 PM

Aug 2017
A chapter full of Kurosawa x Sugawa!!! That's Exactly what I needed.

I was a bit sad considering how chapter 31 ended but then I saw that a special chapter , 31.5 was there and read it. I'm no longer sad and feel completely satisfied now!!

I have to say that was a fitting end.
A perfect happy Ending!!!! Totally Loved it!!

This manga is a hidden gem. I hope more people read it. It's just that amazing!!

Oct 14, 2020 2:53 AM

Aug 2018
What an ending :')
One of the best coming-of-age manga :')
Nov 3, 2020 3:13 AM

Sep 2017
Goes from being an ironic, meta satire of Death Note to a clichéd romcom with no punch or staying power. Worst transition...evah!
Jan 26, 2021 10:25 AM
Jan 2021
Great ending!!!! One of the best reads.
Feb 7, 2021 6:59 PM
Dec 2012
Looking back, I wanted to like this because it does transition nicely from a "Light but he's a coomer" comedy to an interesting coming-of-age story. But it ends up focusing too narrowly on Kurosawa himself. Kitahara - and by extension the relentless bullying she suffered - was the force behind the "agreement", yet there's never any confrontation or resolution for it.

Why in the fuck would Kitahara ever want to see the people that made her life a living hell? Wait, don't stop there - why would the man who's painfully aware of how much she suffered - have sudden amnesia and tell her it's just a matter of going out there? Why didn't he tell the bullies he was bringing Kitahara to the reunion and for them to have a real good fucking apology and attitude change ready? Hell, why did eminent empaths Nagaoka and Takigawa ever bring up the bullying if they valued Kitahara's presence?

Christ, why does the manga end with Kurosawa -Sugawa shipping and again, her bullying of Kitahara is never brought up? The last one is particularly bothersome because Sugawa is unaware the cum-prank was commissioned by Kitahara and she only apologizes to Kurosawa for the beating over the incident, yet despite clearly knowing how damaged Kitahara was by Sugawa's action and having the perfect opportunity to tell her how much her shitty behavior fucked up Kitahara, he never brings it up again.

This isn't just a major plothole, it ruins the essence of the manga for me. Kitahara even makes it clear to Kurosawa that she simply can't get over abuse like him, the bullying she received was by all accounts unwarranted (unlike Kurosawa's) and if the characters behaved with any sort of consistency, it's impossible that Kurosawa or even Takigawa would let the bullying go unaddressed, let alone end with Kurosawa dating one of Kitahara's tormentors without dealing with the white elephant first.

Disappointed for sure.
Mar 22, 2021 2:15 PM
Jun 2014
Very nice, but also very rushed
Mar 25, 2021 2:19 PM

Aug 2020
Wow! What an ending! Kurosawa really turned his life upwards now. I wanted to see a kiss between him and Sugawa in the last page, but I liked the way it was anyway.

This manga gave me lots of emotions and feelings, like empathy and surprise. I hope this story gets adaptated soon.

Apr 4, 2021 12:41 PM
Apr 2016
If I could change two things about this manga, they would be these: Kitahara killing herself and that being the third major twist (first one those two going out and the second one him suddenly confessing). While it's a dark route, it would've really felt fitting and the resolution wouldn't feel artificial like right now. And the second change would be our final pair — I don't think that inserting Sugawa at the last few chapters like that is a good decision on the author, especially given we've had other characters built up for much longer; very contrived pairing in my opinion, as if a last second call just to give him someone rather than no one.

Still a solid and awesome manga, really enjoyed it.
Jul 1, 2021 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
Meh. Disappointed with the ending. Should have focused more on Kitahara's side too on why she got bullied and what happened to her.
Aug 5, 2021 3:44 AM
Jun 2021
this manga is amazing.
Sep 14, 2021 8:45 AM

Sep 2017
mtgowns said:
Looking back, I wanted to like this because it does transition nicely from a "Light but he's a coomer" comedy to an interesting coming-of-age story. But it ends up focusing too narrowly on Kurosawa himself. Kitahara - and by extension the relentless bullying she suffered - was the force behind the "agreement", yet there's never any confrontation or resolution for it.

Why in the fuck would Kitahara ever want to see the people that made her life a living hell? Wait, don't stop there - why would the man who's painfully aware of how much she suffered - have sudden amnesia and tell her it's just a matter of going out there? Why didn't he tell the bullies he was bringing Kitahara to the reunion and for them to have a real good fucking apology and attitude change ready? Hell, why did eminent empaths Nagaoka and Takigawa ever bring up the bullying if they valued Kitahara's presence?

Christ, why does the manga end with Kurosawa -Sugawa shipping and again, her bullying of Kitahara is never brought up? The last one is particularly bothersome because Sugawa is unaware the cum-prank was commissioned by Kitahara and she only apologizes to Kurosawa for the beating over the incident, yet despite clearly knowing how damaged Kitahara was by Sugawa's action and having the perfect opportunity to tell her how much her shitty behavior fucked up Kitahara, he never brings it up again.

This isn't just a major plothole, it ruins the essence of the manga for me. Kitahara even makes it clear to Kurosawa that she simply can't get over abuse like him, the bullying she received was by all accounts unwarranted (unlike Kurosawa's) and if the characters behaved with any sort of consistency, it's impossible that Kurosawa or even Takigawa would let the bullying go unaddressed, let alone end with Kurosawa dating one of Kitahara's tormentors without dealing with the white elephant first.

Disappointed for sure.
Thank God someone fucking said it.
Nov 20, 2021 7:55 PM

Jul 2019
Well that was something. Really enjoyed reading that, but I wish they digged a little more on Kurosawa's past because I dont know why he was already like that in the beginning. I liked his character development though, especially the moment that triggered it when he realized how good of a person Takigawa after he saw her painting.

Ah and also I liked how Kurosawa ended up with Sugawa, they're cute together. Didn't see that coming as I expected a cliche romance starting between Kurosawa and Kitahara as they both has found their peace.
Nov 28, 2021 6:27 PM
Feb 2021
Fucking amazing last chapter, also the bonus chapter was so sweet. What a crazy ride this manga was and mc still managed to end up with the best girl.
Dec 29, 2021 2:14 PM
Dec 2012
0cceanMan said:

Yeah... a lot of my friends highly recommended this and I don't blame them, but the foundation does fall apart at the end. Could've used a couple of extra chapters and some serious call-outs.
Dec 31, 2021 4:34 PM

Mar 2021
This of course started a few chapters ago, but if I were Kurosawa, I don't know if I'd be fraternizing with Sugawa so quickly. In middle school, she was such a cruel person, and it's not like that changed the moment they graduated. Oh well - I guess the message is that people are people and everyone is capable of change.

This was a pretty interesting read. I didn't really feel the second half of it as much as the first; I know that it was a great turnaround for Kurosawa to really take a look at himself and start to become a better person, but something seemed a little strange about it. That said, I'm definitely glad I decided to cave in and give this a try.

Jan 4, 2022 1:47 AM
Feb 2021
3:46 1/4/22
Blow my expectations out of the water, amazing manga
9/10
Feb 5, 2022 6:39 AM

Oct 2021
I couldn't be more happy, this is the first time I really liked ending of a romance manga. I gave it Instantly 9/10.
Kurosawa X Sugawa is the best outcome however sometimes It felt like he was gonna end up with glasses girl or takigawa.
Feb 14, 2022 6:31 AM
Dec 2015
Man, I haven’t read this in years. How nostalgic.. well kind of. I’d forgotten most of it. I wish I had the level of growth in maturity that Kurosawa had.
Feb 14, 2022 6:34 AM
Dec 2015
0cceanMan said:
mtgowns said:

Disappointed for sure.

This is so true. Something didn’t sit right with me about the story, and now I know why. Well, I still like it overall.
Feb 28, 2022 11:41 AM

Mar 2018
mtgowns said:

Disappointed for sure.
Indeed bro thats what i was thinking like wtf suxh a great manga but somehow there is not a good resolve for kitahara who's been bullied from the beginning of the manga and doesn't even gets an Apology face to face. She has spend most of her Middle school being bullied by sugawa and other girls and the Mc the only person whom she talks to somehow Ended up with da bully Girl like Wtf? And how tf Our Mc which is Quiet a good character but somehow he didn't even bring the talk of suffering of kitahara by bully Sugawa and the others, I just wanted to see a Big apology of all the people in school who caused her harm then it could have been my Fav manga tbh but well The Author F somehow.still i enjoyed the manga specially in the beginning.
HERO123456Dec 29, 2022 2:17 AM
Feb 28, 2022 12:03 PM

Mar 2018
removed-user said:
Meh. Disappointed with the ending. Should have focused more on Kitahara's side too on why she got bullied and what happened to her.
ya i wanted to see a Big apology in that Reunion with middle school chapter 30 this feels a** tbh such a good manga but plotholes, despite MC Knows about her suffering he didn't even bring that up to the Bullies and now he be like being end up with sugawa who was a bully to kitahara.. Well F it
Feb 28, 2022 12:05 PM

Mar 2018
creepypasta666 said:
I couldn't be more happy, this is the first time I really liked ending of a romance manga. I gave it Instantly 9/10.
Kurosawa X Sugawa is the best outcome however sometimes It felt like he was gonna end up with glasses girl or takigawa.
same should have end up with her somehow it suits them right since we don't see sugawa that much in the manga other than bullying kitahara
Mar 3, 2022 5:52 AM
Nov 2017
I also thought it was kind of weird that Sugawa did such a hasty 180 in personality, after spending most of the story being the nasty chain smoking bully. When you think about it though, that change in personality is definitely intentional by the author. That people can do horrible things yet still be forgiven and have nuance beyond those things is the central theme of the entire story. Of course she would be forgiven, and of course we would see her good side despite her awful outward appearance. That's what we did for our main character, isn't it? That's the lesson we were being taught by him the whole time.
The actual mechanics of how she was forgiven by Kithara are fuzzier because they aren't shown, but a lot of time is skipped in the last few chapters and the interactions between Kitahara and Sugawa are never actually shown even though we know that they do happen. It's entirely possible that there was a heartfelt apology like the one our main character gave, and it's entirely possible that Kitahara didn't accept it at first and had to come around to it with time. I don't think it's a stretch at all, and the themes of forgiveness throughout the story are so strong that that's what I unconsciously accepted as the implication of that last scene with Kitahara without really even thinking about it.
Apr 2, 2022 10:14 PM

Mar 2020
shit was so irritating to read goddamn these characters are mentally challenged. How they "resolved" the bullying stuff was the dumbest shit ever, there was no consequences they just pretended that nothing happened cuz dude wants to fuck the blonde girl now, "people can change" lmao nah bitch foh

mtgowns said:

Disappointed for sure.

+1
BlufaceBabyApr 2, 2022 10:52 PM
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 4, 2022 5:08 AM
Nov 2017
BlufaceBaby said:
shit was so irritating to read goddamn these characters are mentally challenged. How they "resolved" the bullying stuff was the dumbest shit ever, there was no consequences they just pretended that nothing happened cuz dude wants to fuck the blonde girl now, "people can change" lmao nah bitch foh

Yeah they should have just never forgiven each other and never changed and remained bitter with a grudge for the rest of their lives. That would have made for a way better story amirite! No cap, fr fr lmaoooo!
Apr 6, 2022 8:34 PM

Mar 2020
Ackackack said:
Yeah they should have just never forgiven each other and never changed and remained bitter with a grudge for the rest of their lives. That would have made for a way better story amirite! No cap, fr fr lmaoooo!

damn you right, who cares about good realistic writing that dives into the lasting effects of mental and emotional abuse & isolation when you can just simply push all that shit to the side because “you don’t wanna be a bitter bitch that holds grudges lolz yolo” and then everyone lived happily ever after!

Forget that the girl got abused for the entire story with no resolution whatsoever just give me that sweet pandering Kurosawa x Sugawa forced shipping i’ve been asking for and it’s 10/10 cuz omg that means growth & forgiveness! soo deeeeep
Apr 6, 2022 9:01 PM
Nov 2017
BlufaceBaby said:
Forget that the girl got abused for the entire story with no resolution whatsoever

speedreader moment
"WTF implied storytelling??? you mean to tell me the several year time skip had things HAPPEN DURING IT???? this is UNREALISTIC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Apr 15, 2022 5:29 AM

Mar 2020
ah yes when you can’t write good explanations and flesh out what actually happened just use the good ol’ timeskip excuse that magically solves all the problems. this isn’t a training arc lil bro

“you read it too fast!” lmao stop talking to me you dork
Apr 26, 2022 7:21 AM

Mar 2020
mtgowns said:

Disappointed for sure.

I don't see what problem you could have with Kitahara being relegated to the position of a secondary character since, as you said, she only ever served the purpose of advancing the plot for Kurosawa. There isn't much nuance to her aside from that, nor is there a high likelihood of her receiving any closure to her bullying through having a timid personality. If anything, I think leaving her bullying unresolved is the more believable way of handling her character, as it was something she could only take responsibility for herself. The only time Kitahara ever posed any opposition to her bullies (aside from when she shanked one of them) was through a roundabout means that was sporadic and near impossible to pin to her, so it was only natural that those who bullied her would keep on keeping on.

It's hard to fully understand what Kurosawa's objective was in getting Kitahara to come to their reunion, though it's easy to speculate as to why. All of the people who had picked on Kurosawa for an understandable reason had long since moved on by the time of the reunion, so it would only make sense for him to believe that the handful of people who picked on Kitahara for no reason whatsoever would have moved on as well since, from his own perspective, he could see the disparity between the people who made his life hell and the overwhelming majority of people who didn't do anything.

I'm with you on the silent agreement between Sugawa and Kurosawa to forget about ever having fucked with each other being too far out of place, though. I get that it's in line with the whole redemption theme and showing each other the benefit of the doubt, though it's too far detached from the audience's perception of Sugawa for it to be believable. It's definitely a rushed ending, though I don't think it's a bad one.
Jun 4, 2022 9:38 AM

May 2020
This was a pretty interesting read; although I do have a few a gripes with it.

First of all, Kurosawa gets off waaaaaayy too easy. What he did was inexcusable and should’ve resulted in an expulsion, if not actual jail time and or some time in a corrective institution or therapy or something. Yes he gets relentlessly bullied until the end of the year but pretty much everyone just forgives him afterwards, so it feels like his actions led to very little consequences.

Secondly, I wish Kitahara was developed more. I feel like stuffing her story into the final 3-4 chapters was a disservice, especially since I feel like the author could’ve done something more with her shut-in situation, not just have it be resolved because she just suddenly decides she’s fine.

Overall, a very interesting read with very interesting characters for the most part, although the story is a bit of a let down.
Jun 7, 2022 7:48 AM

Jul 2016
Well this definitely went in a direction that I never would've expected from the first few chapters.

For someone I hated for 'enacting justice' without ever recieving it, I'm surprised by how much I like tsundere Sagawa, let alone her eventually getting together with Kurosawa.

Pretty worthwhile read.
Aug 15, 2022 3:34 PM
Oct 2020
Forgot why I liked this so much so I reread it. I don't reread or rewatch ever but I'm glad I did reread this. 10/10 manga
Sep 11, 2022 6:41 AM

Jul 2021
Finished Onanie Master Kurosawa. Definitely not for everyone but to me it's quite grim with a so well-written character from an "If you're on their shoe" point. It is an excellent school story overall, which is expanded by the sudden turn in the mood, and I like the pacing of it.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 19, 2022 11:32 AM
May 2021
Nice read!! Didn’t know what the story was about but it had a slow start, but It got really interesting as the I read more chapters!! 8/10.
Oct 9, 2022 9:40 PM
Mar 2021
Insanely Good and honestly surprised me with the insane character development
Oct 28, 2022 12:58 PM

May 2021
I must admit that this got me interested a lot more than usual for a romance/comedy/parody manga, I even liked it at some parts and I share some traits with Kurosawa but I am not a pseudointellectual, I am not going to say this changed my life, that Kurosawa felt so close to me that I was crying when he was suffering, that this made me open my eyes and change my ways to aproach people, it took my depression off or whatever stupid sh*t they say, I dont care how close a manga hits you or
how much a character was like you and the manga reminded you events in your life, you shouldn't let personal bias blind your judgement and analysis.

So yeah, even when I thought this manga was interesting I must admit that there were some flaws, this was a 5/10 but if after some time the plot and the events are still in my mind, it will go up to a 6, staying effect of a show is very important to verify if it was good or not or at least if it was memorable enough.
-Xenophon-Oct 28, 2022 1:05 PM
Nov 18, 2022 7:17 AM

Sep 2021
this was actually a good story that im glad i read. viewing things in different perspectives never fails to amaze.
Nov 30, 2022 1:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally fixed his life and got a girlfriend, things were much more heartwarming than I thought in the end
Dec 14, 2022 7:35 AM

Jun 2015
Several users have already pointed out major flaws with this overrated manga, and I recommend you read them for more information, but I'd like to add a few more.

The manga relied heavily on time skips and frequently failed to convey character development through showing instead of telling; major examples are failling to build the chemistry between Takigawa and Nagaoka, the author expects the reader to fill the void of said development that supposedly happened during the 40-day summer vacation; it doesn't matter whether the author intended to withhold the information about their relationship for the sake of 'plot twist' reveal, it's still a lazy writing and forced, and cheap plot progression for the sake of shock value.

Another example is the author conveniently placing that two-dimensional bully tsundere bimbo; Sugawa, in a situation where she seeks help, and Kurosawa happens to be there at the right moment, and coincidentally with the girl with whom he arguably had the worst relationship, and what a coincidence that she broke up with her boyfriend who beat Kurosawa and being available at the right time. Yet people think it's cute and natural. I'll return later to talk about Sugawa.

The manga contains a number of contradictory double standard messages, such as the author comparing Kurosawa's situation to Kitahara's because both were bullied. Are we supposed to forget how Kurosawa was ostracised as a form of retaliation? And how several other students began to sympathise with Kurosawa and assisted him in overcoming bullying, such as by providing emotional support or cleaning up his desk. Yet we are expected to be proud of Kurosawa for overcoming his own adversity while pitying Kitahara for not adopting Kurosawa's mentality and perspective on bullying.

While the manga effectively depicted the negative consequences of child bullying, it failed to maintain a sense of authenticity; we have Kurosawa's friends who supported him, such as Nagaoka, Takigawa, Pizza-ta, and Kobayashi and Erika (who were both presented as the class leaders and mediators), that's nice and all, but they all did absolutely nothing for Kitahara! All they did was watch the girl being constantly hurt and abused, the only one who noticed this was Kurosawa, who also did nothing but preach to the victim, this is an outright double-standard and makes the entire cast hypocrite.

And now back to Sugawa and her minions, who were constantly bullying Kitahara to the point of worsening her social anxieties; skipping school and being shut-in, and developing suicidal tendencies, yet Sugawa and her group, like the rest of the class, did absolutely nothing to show remorse and responsibility by reaching out to Kitahara, visiting her house, and self-admitting to that they were fully responsible for the way she acts, yet we are supposed to disregard all of that with an off-screen apology and believe that they have matured. What happened to "show, don't tell"?
DeagoFeb 20, 2023 3:07 PM
Dec 26, 2022 9:13 PM

Aug 2018
This Manga is fucking retarded on a second read. Your whole perspective really changes when you mature.
I think it was hyped because most people who read it were underage back then.
Dec 29, 2022 2:08 AM

Mar 2018
KanYeeT said:
This Manga is fucking retarded on a second read. Your whole perspective really changes when you mature.
I think it was hyped because most people who read it were underage back then.
True my bro, it was good at start but how they handle the ending Chapter's pretty badly
HERO123456Dec 29, 2022 2:12 AM
Jan 28, 2023 9:39 AM

Dec 2022
Great manga. I think Kitahara should've been given some better cards in life besides the (admittedly successful) pep-talk from Kurosawa, who ended up being a very fortunate guy in contrast. On the other hand, I understand that there would be no benefit in it for her to be depressed forever, so it's comforting to see her cheer up in the end.

It was also very entertaining, and didn't skimp on the interesting conversations when they did happen. The time skip development was probably just a symptom of the comparatively short length of the manga, because I think the high school portion would've been even better if it started a bit earlier. The 4-koma strips were neat too; always love to see little extras like that.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 30, 2023 7:01 AM

May 2015
Hooked me with bitter and kept me with sweet! An enjoyable read indeed.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Animyers - Jul 23, 2009

55 by astoneon »»
Apr 15, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Deadrocks - Jul 27, 2009

73 by Saintnatti »»
Dec 12, 2023 1:23 PM

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

skygtr - Jun 30, 2009

129 by MH93 »»
Nov 11, 2023 10:51 AM

Poll: » Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 2 Discussion

sifma - Aug 24, 2008

32 by Joel77 »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:04 AM

» Onani Master Kurosawa (Bullying)

Deanomac2010 - Nov 1, 2023

5 by Euroqean »»
Nov 2, 2023 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.