Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 5, 5:11 PM

Apr 2024
do you have a good with both of them or a bad with one or even the two?

Personally i have a very good relationship with my mother but with my father i can't represent it better than the Red hood/Batman relationship in comics , that's why i love Red Hood so much , we literally have the same relation with out fathers figures and i can easily identify to him
Aug 5, 5:15 PM

Jul 2013
Well, my relationship with both my parents is OK.
Aug 5, 5:54 PM

Sep 2016
I've got mommy issues, the Brazzers type 😏
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Aug 5, 6:01 PM

Dec 2021
I make it no secret that I have some similarities and differences with my father.

Pros:

• He's a Linux user
  • He actually gives a shit about OPSEC

Cons:

• He's an anti-5Ger
  • He's an alien truther
  • He's an anti-vaxxer
  • He's a flat-earther
  • He's a smoker and drinker despite actively dealing with organ failure
  • He thinks my mother scammed him (Somehow?)
  • He indoctrinated my oldest sister into believing all the same shit as him, converting her into the same type of lost cause

Yeah, those two can stay the fuck in Maine, for all I care. 👋
Daviljoe193Aug 5, 6:06 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Aug 5, 9:34 PM

Feb 2020
Well, I only have my mother now but I have a good relationship with her.
Aug 5, 9:35 PM

May 2016
I just love how daddy issues is an option.. yeah so my parents actually disowned me for being gay. So I'd say I have both daddy and mommy issues. They were bad parents though... not the good parents obviously.
Aug 5, 11:34 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I have a good relationship with both of my parents.
Aug 6, 12:15 AM

Jul 2024
My relationship with my parents are Like best friends..
Aug 6, 2:12 AM

Feb 2020
Got on great with my parents when I had them.

They did extraordinary things to keep me safe and fight for my treatment as a kid, with little-to-no help & support.
Despite the odd circumstances of my childhood, they tried to make it appear normal and fun, and reassured me when needed.
The only thing that wasn't so great about my parents was they were overprotective of me for way too long, and didn't prepare for life without them.
Aug 6, 2:28 AM

Dec 2015
Mother - Good
Father - He's dead since 2009 or 2010 my memories are no longer that accurate. When he was alive it was good relation.
Aug 6, 2:38 AM

Aug 2014
My mother died and I more or less don't talk to my father...
Aug 6, 2:56 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Daviljoe193
I make it no secret that I have some similarities and differences with my father.

Pros:

• He's a Linux user
  • He actually gives a shit about OPSEC

Cons:

• He's an anti-5Ger
  • He's an alien truther
  • He's an anti-vaxxer
  • He's a flat-earther
  • He's a smoker and drinker despite actively dealing with organ failure
  • He thinks my mother scammed him (Somehow?)
  • He indoctrinated my oldest sister into believing all the same shit as him, converting her into the same type of lost cause

Yeah, those two can stay the fuck in Maine, for all I care. 👋
@Daviljoe193

Aliens okay cool

Flat earther eh extreme skepticism is sometimes cool but it's just stupid and lazy to not look into how easy it is to test yourself to see it isnt flat

Aliens + flat earth...WUT?..where are the aliens supposed to come from?

About the scam thing. Are your parents divorced? He means he thinks she never loved him.
Aug 6, 2:58 AM

Jan 2009
good but not close since they are too conservative and religious while im not
Aug 6, 3:04 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to traed
@Daviljoe193

Aliens okay cool

Flat earther eh extreme skepticism is sometimes cool but it's just stupid and lazy to not look into how easy it is to test yourself to see it isnt flat

Aliens + flat earth...WUT?..where are the aliens supposed to come from?

About the scam thing. Are your parents divorced? He means he thinks she never loved him.
@traed Maybe the aliens reside in the 5G towers.

And yep, you guessed it. She really did give him a lot of chances, but from what I can gather, he was pretty conspiracy-pilled by the end of their marriage, and my mother just had enough of it. But no, he really means scammed, as in he claims that my mother stole some large chunk of money from him (No evidence, of course, but "Oh, you just don't remember the money she took from me" and other such gaslighting). Him and my oldest sister (The one living with him in Maine) just can't stop casually mentioning it (And also just being toxic pricks in general), to the point where me and my other sister (Who thankfully turned down the conspiracy-pilling) cut all contact with the both of them.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Aug 6, 3:21 AM

Mar 2008
Daviljoe193 said:
Maybe the aliens reside in the 5G towers.

And yep, you guessed it. She really did give him a lot of chances, but from what I can gather, he was pretty conspiracy-pilled by the end of their marriage, and my mother just had enough of it. But no, he really means scammed, as in he claims that my mother stole some large chunk of money from him (No evidence, of course, but "Oh, you just don't remember the money she took from me" and other such gaslighting). Him and my oldest sister (The one living with him in Maine) just can't stop casually mentioning it (And also just being toxic pricks in general), to the point where me and my other sister (Who thankfully turned down the conspiracy-pilling) cut all contact with the both of them.

Ah so maybe a delusion but also might have been something that actually is just a distorted perception of an actual minor thing blown out of proportion.
Aug 6, 5:37 AM

May 2024
It's fine. I don't have anything in common with either of them and I find it hard to have conversations since I'm just not interested in anything they're into, but I'm not cold or distant towards them regardless.
Aug 6, 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
I assume it is much better than other people's relationship with their parents. I don't know why I make this assumption.
Aug 6, 6:35 AM

Jan 2009
"Good but not close" is a fairly adequate description. I have done the following test:

https://quiz.attachmentproject.com/

Green dot symbolizes where I am with my father, but my mother is in the exact same position. There is comparatively little anxiety for me and I neither go too much out of my way to avoid my parents nor do I overly confide in them

Aug 6, 6:49 AM

Feb 2024
I stopped thinking of my parents at the age of 17. I maintain some social/secular relationships with my mom, but neither I nor she need more than 1 family dinner per year.

My kids really enjoy staying at her "high castle", but I personally hate it that much so it's easier to lie saying I'm busy and call a taxi than giving em a ride there.

Strange enough, when we were living together, we had no issues and were very happy family. It all changed in one day, and, well, you can't step the same river twice lol.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Aug 6, 6:57 AM

Oct 2017
I have only had my mother since 2019, my relationship is great, she is retired and 64yo so she is just chilling and enjoying the rest of her life. We live almost 2000 miles apart but we visit each other regularly.

My relationship with my dad before his passing was also great, there is nothing to complain about. My parents invested in every opportunity that could prop me up once I reached adulthood and I'm grateful for that.

As for their political views, my mother has some disagreements with me but we can just let it go, she is a strong Trump supporter, as she believes in extreme discipline and she is extremely patriotic as well as she supports Israel because the church said so that Israel is a sign of the coming of the kingdom of heaven, but she is Canadian and don't vote in the US and she is a Canadian patriot. We are both anti-Chinese imperialist though.

My dad was left-wing leaning and we agreed on most things when it comes to social democracy, social programs, and state-sponsored healthcare.
Fate_Saber88Aug 6, 7:06 AM
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Aug 6, 7:04 AM

Jan 2023
I get along well with my mother. I usually visit her twice a month. Or for a birthday or something. Or when she invites me to lunch at vegan restaurants, hehe. Anyway, she does everything, is 63 years old and continues to work as a lawyer, and has more social life than all of us combined. So between obligations and others it is also difficult to combine to see each other.

My father passed away in 2018. Except for some occasional arguments, more political (?), we got along well.
Aug 7, 12:57 AM

Dec 2013
Not closed to family members since my chronic pain and depression happened

Aug 7, 1:16 AM
Oct 2019
Strained with my mom because of 10 years of abuse from her and my dad got aizheimer so I say it's pretty bad.
Aug 7, 1:33 AM

Mar 2021
Since I grew up as the only child in the house (I have a half-sister from my dad's previous marriage who is 17 years older than me), I feel like I'm a lot like both my parents. We have a good relationship, but I cannot wait to live on my own.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Aug 7, 7:27 PM

Jul 2024
I love my father but I feel he wasn't around as much as he needed to be, my daddy issues is still so terrible to this day and he's present more now than he was when I needed him the most. Still dk why I didn't get therapy.
i love it when you look at me baby <3

⋆ GROTESQUE - lynch. ⋆
Yesterday, 4:11 AM

Nov 2009
Parent issues. I always wanted to leave and get a second family. But i still love them. But theyve done me more harm than good. It felt like i had abusive kids and not parents.
"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

- HP1 forever fave quote

//This was quoted in the year of 2009
4 hours ago

May 2013
Just issues in general.

My father I'm cooler with nowadays but things will forever be awkward between me and my parents.

I got horror stories about my mother but yeah.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
4 hours ago

Mar 2008
I am not close to anyone in my family. My dad was always more distant keeping to himself and short tempered and my mom always has been a helicopter parent and has become increasingly unstable over the years.

More topics from this board

» What do you decorate your bedroom with? ( 1 2 )

JaniSIr - Aug 8

51 by JaniSIr »»
3 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer??? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

53 by ZakuF_ »»
16 minutes ago

» What kind of car do you drive?

ZakuF_ - Aug 3

37 by Dcyber »»
50 minutes ago

» Whats your goal in life

godsavemeplease - Aug 6

38 by zoeanime13 »»
1 hour ago

» Do you like broccoli?

GinIonSui - 2 hours ago

3 by deg »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.