Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, I swear this anime wants to showcase Livia in every chance possible. Now, the episode wanted to make a figure based on her likeness. Funnily enough, she's not as embarassed as in the first episode.

It's fun watching her life evolve in the real world tbh. If it wasn't her origins, it's hard to tell she's different from normal people.
May 9, 10:22 AM

Dec 2021
The leader of a religious group, Noa Minakami, hires a detective to find the whereabouts of the savior, Livia.

Livia is asked by Nozomi to "allow her whole body to be scanned in 3D to create an image of Livia." Livia agrees and visits Noa's house, eventually being employed as a product development advisor for the religious group.

May 9, 10:29 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like livia is getting in contact with the wrong people again.
At least she didn't have to live in the street which is a good thing, let's hope the band work out for them.
Livia should at least have a place to stay in preferably one that's her own.
We also got some service of her this episode.
May 9, 10:40 AM

Mar 2019
Oh god, why she always getting close with those kinds of people?
Anyway, I hope they release her model on internet.
May 9, 12:23 PM

Aug 2022
It always feels good when it's with Livia.

I don't know what was on Noa's mind that made her worship Livia so much like that. Whatever her request she will definitely follow it if it's Livia. A strange girl but I don't mind, she's pretty cute for me anyway.

No Sara this time, but next episode will be her turn.

May 9, 12:46 PM

Jul 2021
I find it funny how Livia has way more scenes than the main duo.
Better than last week's ugly slideshow episode.
May 9, 1:19 PM

Apr 2022
So it's an idol anime now? It's such a weird mish-mash of different themes, and like a jack of all trades - none of them are very good.
May 9, 3:01 PM
Nov 2018
This show doesn't feel like it's going anywhere, but I still like it.
May 9, 3:08 PM

May 2019
Glad to see that the character designs/visuals are much improved compared to last week's episode (I guess a different company handled that ep. or it was rushed).

Regarding this episode, it was nice to see Livia again and while she's not homeless (for now) she's involved with another questionable line of work regarding the statue and dolls although the band gig sounds fine.

Also, it looks like Sara is a brunette in the next episode for some reason.
May 9, 3:34 PM

Sep 2023
She truly believes that Livia is some sort of goddess since the latter was able to heal knife wound just in a second. I mean who wouldn't believe after seeing something like that. And ofc this means that Noa basically found gold mine from garbage.
May 9, 5:12 PM

Aug 2017
Moppit said:
This show doesn't feel like it's going anywhere, but I still like it.

Halfway through the season and still no idea what direction the series wants to take.😅 There doesn't seem to be a real plot or I just don't recognize it.
A bit of detective series, a bit of reverse isekai, a bit of social study, a bit of comedy, a bit of social criticism - now also the idol aspect - it's really like a big salad bowl with a little bit of everything in it.🥗

This show really reinvents itself every time.
Cestlavie_ said:
I find it funny how Livia has way more scenes than the main duo.

Quite remarkable that after episode 3, where Sara and Sōsuke were completely absent except for a short guest appearance, we are now treated to another episode that is completely without the two main characters.

RafaBryan said:
It always feels good when it's with Livia.
Livia is a character who could easily be the main character in another anime. I just like her open, carefree - and unfortunately sometimes a bit gullible, but still kind-hearted nature.🤗

Generally an aspect that makes this series unique for me. Everything is presented very calmly and - as far as you can put it that way - "closer to reality". I would have expected a huge drama about clans, exploitation, etc. - instead just a normal episode where Livia and Noa get along together, and later Priketsu: people from completely different backgrounds who would otherwise never have found each other, act together and we watch how the whole thing develops.

It almost seems as if Yomi Hirasaka just started writing and letting the characters develop themselves.
A show that doesn't have a lot of screaming or action, but can still be entertaining and - for fantasy characters - can have very human and relatable characters like Levia.

“Henjin no Salad Bowl” is my absolute “hidden gem” of the spring season so far.🤗

Apparently Sara and Sōsuke again next week. I'm curious to see what direction the title will take again.😄
May 9, 6:01 PM

Feb 2022
Boy if I had a penny for every gay long haired green eyes Noa I've seen in anime, I would have two.
Which isn't much, but it's weird it happened twice.

Also that is the craziest 3D scanner I've ever seen.
May 9, 7:48 PM

Jan 2008
"3D Gifu Max 2024" Lol, I see their lawyers left no stone unturned with a potential copyright lawsuit by accidentally listing it as the real "Autodesk 3D Max 2024". I'm surprised the scan was already in a T-pose, when they scanned her with her arms down. Those full body 3D scans would normally pick up every single detail, every small bump, and be in the exact pose it was scanned as, typically requiring some cleanup by making a secondary 3D model over that with cleaner 3D polygonal geometry, a time-consuming task. That would be an animation mistake here, but probably not one most people would notice without more technical know-how on the software or 3D modeling process.

2,000,000 yen, or roughly 20,000 dollars...that would be a lot of money for most people, but when you're selling your likeness rights away, it would be chump change, especially for a nude scan. Considering the size of their cult and multiple buildings, they probably rake in millions of dollars every month, so I would have negotiated a much bigger cut. That being said, Livia should have just taken the money, but I guess with a new apartment and "job", she's living the mooching dream now, so she ended up with a much better deal. It'd be pretty funny if they used the exported 3D model .stl file to make IRL figures of Livia.

Uh oh...Liva might be getting addicted to gambling in the pachinko parlor...

Cult leader Noa is quite the multi-talented content creator, if she knows how to 3D model, and produce music with all that professional equipment. I was wondering who made all those subliminal messaging videos, so it was Noa after all. Although I didn't expect her to come outright and just admit it to the mind control.

Noa seems to really buy into her own BS with her obsession with Livia, even though she knows she's running a scam. Well, it's good that they have a common goal now. I hope Puriketsu's band succeeds. Noa can even handle the marketing and merchandising, knowing her skillset.

Next week...we're off to the horse races. Great, now Sara might be getting addicted to gambling.
Estoy_GordoMay 9, 7:54 PM
May 9, 10:57 PM

Dec 2022
This was a pretty funny episode with Livia having a nice adventure being not homeless, although it was sad we didn't get any cute Sara noises!

May 9, 11:45 PM

Jul 2015
This show is at it's finest when Livia is on screen. Easily the best character in this show.
Can't wait for that Livia merch to come out.
PiromyslMay 10, 2:09 AM

May 9, 11:51 PM
Apr 2024
Livia fans are eating good this episode.

I need a life-sized version of that Livia figure, make it nice and soft. I'd spend all night with her, every night.

This may be the show of the century for me.
May 10, 12:06 AM

Feb 2016
I love how Livia is more of a protagonist than Sara lol
Stop sexualizing her, she is too pure 😭
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 10, 12:20 AM

Feb 2019
Gooners ate so good with the Livia model fanservice oh my god I need that figure NOW. Don’t blame Noa at all for being so down bad for Livia, she’s best girl and carries the show. Episodes like today I genuinely forget Sara exists.

I do still feel bad because I feel like at this point we’re just watching Livia get pimped out on a daily basis man 😭 sex clubs, scalping, now this. At least we finally have some direction she and Pukiretsu can go in. Livia’s in need of a job so she won’t free load on and get taken advantage of by Noa, Puriketsu needs new bandmates and Noa is an excellent manager/producer. Who would’ve thought the solution was right in front of us this whole time.

6 episodes in and this show definitely lives up to its title. It really is just a hodgepodge of characters, themes and situations that make for a very enjoyable watch. It doesn’t have a solid focus, but that’s ok because the characters are so good
Marinate1016May 10, 12:41 AM
May 10, 7:53 AM

Apr 2012
With each new episode, this show turns more and more into a nuclear satire on modern Japanese society, while at the same time forgetting that this is a reverse isekai in the first place. I have a feeling that this is what the author originally wanted to write, just using isekai as a cheap excuse to add magic and characters ignorant of modern life. I mean, replace isekai with something more realistic and you'd still get your typical black comedy about a naive man getting caught up in the crazy world of a big city. Hell, Livia in this episode even repeated a number of poses and scenes of the protagonists from some manga of this topic (which makes me wonder what the author's inspiration was).

Also, Noa's VA really delivers on their bread 100 percent. Although, without a website, I didn’t even immediately realize that she was Sagiri's VA.
RobertBobertMay 10, 8:18 AM
May 10, 9:23 AM

Dec 2020
Livia best girl
They fuckin' overdid it this episode. Ironic how this series doesn't have an ecchi tag...many ppl gonna get in trouble bc of that. And they fully skipped out on Yoshida and Sara.

Welp, Livia's juicy heav– *cough *cough sacredness makes it up for that
May 10, 10:06 AM

Jun 2016
livia side episode is always interesting and enjoyable
May 10, 12:35 PM
Sep 2023
Noa and I have something in common: I would club a baby seal to death in front of her mother if Livia Sama asked me to (for context I'm vegan and donate to PETA)
May 11, 4:32 AM

Jul 2019
I swear I'm watching two separate anime here... the way they so single mindedly focus on only of set of characters each episode is giving me major whiplash. I wish there was more overlap between our main characters.
May 11, 7:14 AM

Mar 2024
LIVIA BEST GIIIIIRL!!!

Great episode.

But tbh all the girls here are so cute.

And finally, there is yuri.

I think Livia's lifestyle getting better - what could be better than living with a rich and kawaii girl like Noa?

And they starting a music band! Im a bit of musician myself so many of the music related moments in this episode were really familiar to me.

P.S.
May 11, 10:15 PM

Jul 2017
Once again, Livia is put on the spotlight thanks to Noa Minakami, who wants to create statues of her for their cult. A literate 3D scanner of creating small dolls and various Barbie-like clothing, Livia doesn't really question Noa and goes with her requests like naivete, even if on a full fanservice palette. At the very least, Livia is no longer a homeless girl, and living the life of a product development advisor for the cult, she's really living the high life, even trying her hands on Pachinko, which she lost some. Livia coincidentally meeting Puriketsu to clear her "work", she's basically living off Noa as a mooch.

Puriketsu's band split up, and Livia took it upon herself to play the guitar, since it's close to a biwa. And since Noa plays the keyboard, her critique of Puriketsu's old band is rather harsh. And Puriketsu bring treated like she's the same as Noa that Livia is her saviour, trying to make it big by going pro. In this case, Noa is their saviour instead, and the jusic may be subliminal, but it works...to get her in a band as well.

All's well...that ends well?
May 11, 11:22 PM
Apr 2023
This really became quite a relaxing anime adaptation with some quite nice SoL elements and a good dash of fanservice through Livia and the other cute and waifu-material characters.

Trivia: You can really see the common tropes the author Hirasaka Yomi uses in his works like Haganai and Imouto Sae Ireba ii - like the loli-looking adults and the imouto main characters.
May 12, 5:53 AM
Sep 2021
Livia's life continues very well after Noa is with her. It's sort of a blessing & a curse
May 12, 2:40 PM

Nov 2016
Noa is wilding, lol. I swear almost every situation, character quirk or aspect of this series is something you've already seen somewhere and almost 1 to 1.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 12, 9:43 PM

Sep 2013
Livia is the LEAST interesting character... yet she gets more screen time than everyone else combined?
The "homeless" trope is... disgusting. So poorly portrayed. Do better!
One millimeter away from a hard drop... it's just so stupid.
May 12, 10:00 PM
Jan 2021
I want to join Livia religion as well
May 14, 6:13 AM

Feb 2016
I love how innocent Livia is. She's going to finish the show being a dictator or something worse.
May 15, 3:50 AM

Sep 2023
Livia is as clueless as ever but she is really the MVP of this show!
May 16, 9:00 PM
Mar 2023
A monty Python and Spy x Family reference in the same episode is baller.
May 17, 3:41 AM

Feb 2014
after seeing her 3D model i cant resist the temptation to ask if someone willing to share Livia's 3D model in Koikatsu Sunshine?
May 17, 6:51 PM

Mar 2008
Lucky Noa getting to see Livia all she wants. Maybe I should get into making figurines.
May 20, 9:34 AM
Nov 2022
I love how they make fun of the sect xd

I liked that the episode was full development for Livia.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16

52 by lampuiho »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2

46 by Inexplicable »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11

79 by Snowchan2 »»
May 20, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25

39 by Takata »»
May 19, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

95 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
May 12, 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.