New
May 1, 6:53 PM

Apr 2018
Would you support AI generated Anime?
DragevardMay 1, 8:07 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 1, 7:10 PM

Oct 2023
Ugh, what a dumb question. Perhaps MAL should be hidden from some certain people...

What would be the point scores are subjective anyways.
MogKnightMay 1, 7:24 PM
May 1, 7:30 PM

Jul 2021
Protect the anime from what exactly?
May 1, 8:01 PM

Feb 2016
"Should anime rated below 7 have their scores hidden to protect them?"

"Are Girls that like BL a Deal Breaker for you?"

"Would you support AI generated Anime?"

I will post each question OP asks as I encounter it.
LucifrostMay 1, 8:47 PM
その目だれの目?
May 1, 8:05 PM

Oct 2023
Reply to Lucifrost

I will post each question OP asks as I encounter it.
@Lucifrost Much obliged, thank you.
May 1, 8:09 PM

Dec 2021
Stop editing the title and content of the post! First it was "Would hiding Low MAL Scores protect the Anime?", and now it's "Would you support AI generated Anime?"?!
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
May 1, 8:09 PM

Oct 2023
Maybe Dragevard is an AI bot with the sole purpose of being annoying and probably a sociopath who gets reactions out of others...
May 1, 8:21 PM

Mar 2024
Should I interact with this obvious troll post?
Probably not if I want to keep the scant remains of my sanity
May 1, 8:22 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to Toooooooooohru
Should I interact with this obvious troll post?
Probably not if I want to keep the scant remains of my sanity
@Toooooooooohru Thirty-six minutes later, the question is again edited to something else.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
May 1, 8:26 PM

Oct 2013
I'm going to cover my bases since apparently it keeps changing topics.

No.
Yes.
Maybe.
Only on weekdays
Only on weekends
I like them big
I like them small
I like them all
Eww that's nasty
I find that highly erotic
pancakes with a side of bacon
A triangle is not a square
No, shut up, you're stupid
A little to the left..no too far, back to the right a bit. Perfect
I prefer to do that with my pants on
I'll make my own, with blackjack and hookers
That doesn't go in there
"Hug guys"
"Ed, you're in your underwear"
"Ok, I feel loved now"

I dunno...is that enough answers? Have I future proofed this?
May 1, 8:46 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to Daviljoe193
@Toooooooooohru Thirty-six minutes later, the question is again edited to something else.
@Daviljoe193
I didn't study the right books for this test, no I studied the right book but the wrong chapter, no I studied the wrong subject entirely but I used a book with the same title as the right book, no I should have read the class notes instead of focusing so hard on the literature, no I have the right book, no I'm not even in the right classroom, no, sir, this is a Wendy's, crazy? I was crazy once
May 1, 8:56 PM

Oct 2019
I would not cause It would suck ass.

now would I support the artists USING AI as a TOOL to do even cooler stuff? yes, yes I would.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 1, 9:02 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to APolygons2
I would not cause It would suck ass.

now would I support the artists USING AI as a TOOL to do even cooler stuff? yes, yes I would.
@APolygons2 But you didn't answer the previous questions this thread was asking, before OP edited (Because OP is a broken bot) them. In order...

(contents and title replaced)

"Would hiding Low MAL Scores protect the Anime?"

Yes, these were all this thread, before OP edited it.
May 1, 9:07 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Daviljoe193
@APolygons2 But you didn't answer the previous questions this thread was asking, before OP edited (Because OP is a broken bot) them. In order...

Daviljoe193 said:

Those are similar enough that I didn't notice the 1st change. Or if you're referencing my earlier comment, it was paraphrased. I wrote it after he changed the title and I forgot the exact words he used.
その目だれの目?
May 1, 9:20 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to Daviljoe193

@Daviljoe193 BRUH, I did not know this lol

Let's answer them I guess:

- no, that's dumb, we would know they are below 7 by the fact that we can't see the score anyway

- again, no it would be counter intuitive at best

- no, I think yuri is hot, so who am I to judge if they feel the same for BL instead?
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 1, 9:33 PM

Feb 2020

Sure.
May 1, 9:35 PM

May 2022
Reply to MogKnight
Maybe Dragevard is an AI bot with the sole purpose of being annoying and probably a sociopath who gets reactions out of others...
@MogKnight maybe he really is... a sociopath that is. Feels strangely similar to what a diagnosed friend of mine used to do.
May 1, 9:40 PM

Mar 2023
"Should anime rated below 7 have their scores hidden to protect them?Would hiding Low MAL Scores protect the Anime?"

Scores are useless anyway

Not at all. We have all our preference

Most anime that comes out nowadays feels like they are A.I generated, so would it really matter?
May 1, 10:49 PM

Jul 2023
Aww sweet there's another schizo thread!
May 1, 10:59 PM

Sep 2018
Question atm would you support ai made anime?
Yes if the girls are good looking and the anime is not overly woke political sermon on why capitalism is bad. Also needs some ecchi to prove the ai is not some corpo prude machine.
May 1, 11:27 PM

Jun 2016
If it's a small project made by 2 dudes on their spare time then yeah if it's any good. I don't think that's much different from an independent producer using a DAW or even a vocaloid because they can't play or can't afford all the instruments.
I don't think I'd support a fully AI generated production by a bigger company though. They have the means to do better and they should utilize them. I said "fully" because there are AI based tools already used in Hollywood for stuff like mocap or paint outs and I don't mind those.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 1, 11:36 PM

May 2023
No.. I would not support Artificial Intelligence generated anime.. I may support Augmented Intelligence supported anime though..
May 1, 11:41 PM

May 2018
Depends on the level of AI involvement I guess.
Always Breaktime was written, animated and voiced by AI (aside of some general directions I guess) and was unwatchable in the regular sense: the whole point of the experiment...but quite entreating for the fact how bad it was. Give the reins to an AI and you will get a bunch on nonsense.

PS
Wait, "was" is inaccurate, it is still active.
alshuMay 1, 11:57 PM
May 1, 11:43 PM

Oct 2018
Yes, I love Kimetsu no Yabai and Jujutsu Kaisen, these 2 were written by AI. The Jujutsu's AI is a little more advanced, but still lacks the competence to write good characters and emotional moments.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 2, 1:37 AM

Sep 2016
Support with what?

Money? No

Encouragement? Yes
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 2, 1:56 AM

Feb 2010
if i microwave my food am i a professional chief?

also most a.i animation i've seen are slop.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 2, 1:57 AM

Feb 2024
Yes, I'm all in. I believe AI post-processing marks the beginning of a new era in animation and visual arts overall. However, I still hope there will be space for human artists and their innovations.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 2, 2:04 AM
Dec 2021
No. I want to see what humans come up with not machines.

May 2, 2:07 AM

May 2021
Nah AI is very soulless to me in my opinion.
Echidna best waifu :D
May 2, 2:26 AM

Nov 2023
No because they must be a barrier to entry so stuff don't get crowded
May 2, 3:33 AM

May 2021
Dragevard said:
Would you support AI generated Anime?

Two veeery simple words... FUCK. NO.
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
May 2, 5:32 AM
May 2012

AI is gonna be better at anything human can do and you may not like it but you can't stop it either, the generations that will come after your will look back at this perplexity and ostracism and just think how closed minded you were.
May 2, 5:34 AM

Mar 2018
Yaoi Shota Incest animation is urgently needed so of course I will definitely support AI generated Anime
May 2, 5:39 AM

Jul 2013
AI-generated anime would be an epic failure imo...
May 2, 5:46 AM

Feb 2023
I wish MAL would prevent topic owners from randomly changing the question. This is so dumb.
May 2, 6:20 AM

Jul 2015
We already have several identical isekai trash airing every season.

May 2, 6:47 AM
Apr 2022
It all depends on the most important and vital jiggle physics.
May 2, 7:09 AM

Sep 2011
Well, I think it would be great to have an AI that turns a manga or a light novel into an anime. There are a lot of mangas/LN that will never have anime adaptations, so in this case , the AI could be an alternative IMHO.
May 2, 7:22 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Oh yeah I'd watch an anime made by AI, I feel as though it will be a normal thing a few years from now.
May 2, 8:56 AM

Nov 2019
Depends on what AI generated means. If it's script/story/chars etc then no but if it's art and animation that genuinely looks convincing then by all means yes.
May 2, 8:58 AM

Oct 2017
Hell no. AI has no creativity and in an era of everything being so corporate, that is the absolute last thing we need.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 2, 2:40 PM

Jan 2020
I would rather quit watching anime forever

May 2, 10:20 PM

Jul 2014
Absolutely the fuck not. Part of what makes animation special is creativity that's unique to human artists.

I might just go full Uncle Ted if that happens.
Take care of yourself

May 3, 12:34 AM

Apr 2012
Depends on the nature of the artificial intelligence and what sort of anime it can make. But the current large language models are not at all worthy of being called "AI" and have no ability to tell a story.
May 3, 1:49 AM

Jan 2013
The fantasy genre is already AI generated.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 3, 2:16 AM
Jan 2017
If an anime is AI generated, and if you can't see the difference, does it even matter?
Most of the generic trash like Isekai are better off being AI generated, as they just go through the motions and do nothing creative. Throw them to AI generator.
But some series (eg: Monogatari) need careful crafting by real people.

OTOH, it might be a good idea to go with the hybrid approach. For boring scenes like characters talking, use AI. Almost every anime has scenes where we just see a panning shot over a still image. You can probably use AI to generate filler content for those slideshows.
May 3, 2:53 AM

Jul 2016
I'd be interested in what it could make in the future, just morbid curiosity.
May 3, 3:20 PM

Jan 2021
If it's good I would watch it

It would be nice if AI could at least take a lot of manual labor out of animating, that requires not much talent or skill just time waster
May 4, 5:23 AM
Jun 2020
nope absolutely not. it would be slops
May 4, 6:57 AM

May 2018
Haha. Sus question from a bot himself. AI generated topic about AI generated anime lol.
The future is now, old men.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do your irl friends watch anime? ( 1 2 )

coolyfruity - May 24

60 by Usapz »»
2 minutes ago

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - 10 hours ago

19 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» Misconceptions about anime in general or specific titles that continue to spread despite everything

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

13 by mshfqtny »»
12 minutes ago

» Seeking Feedback from Female Anime Fans: Creating an Inclusive Environment in Our Club

devil2 - 6 hours ago

7 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
18 minutes ago

» Who are the "Four Beauties" of Anime?

Catalano - 3 hours ago

7 by Serafos »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.