Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 11:03 PM

Dec 2023
I have no friends I come on here to discuss my hobby after i finish unfinished business hehehe wink win.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 11:30 PM

Apr 2024
My whole class watches and reads anime and manga (with a few exceptions). However, our anime and manga discussions don’t last long because they’re interested in other things as well. I tried to invite them to join MyAnimeList or AniList, but it was unsuccessful
May 24, 11:31 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
yes they do, mostly anime tho...not much into manga
May 24, 11:45 PM

Jul 2021
literally 99% of my irl friends watch anime lol

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 24, 11:50 PM

Feb 2020
I have a couple of friends who watch anime.
May 25, 12:52 AM

Nov 2020
Pretty much all my friends have had some experience with anime as they have either watched anime in the past and stopped watching or they still watch anime. It's good to have friends who have similar interests as you especially regarding something like anime as there is so much you can talk about due to the absurd amount of anime out there and all the different genres.
“Maybe nothing in this world happens by accident. As everything happens for a reason, our destiny slowly takes form.” - Rayleigh

May 25, 12:53 AM

Mar 2023
Only my friends in highschool. My friends of todays have no interest in that.
May 25, 12:59 AM

Feb 2018
Some do, some don’t. I kind of have different friends for different things. I’d say the majority of them watch anime though. Or at the very least used to watch it.
May 25, 1:05 AM
Mar 2017
Got 1 IRL that is. More of a veteran viewer. While I'm not I go for more variety of old and new.

Other than that an online friend into a variety of some older particular series.

I usually watch whatever interests me in the slightest.

More so read manga these days so unless online friend has seen something I jump in or something they talk about and I get a better idea what some are from a season besides my own series I took interest in.

But otherwise mostly gaming. Even then I have a various game branching of series and genres or research I do on games. So only a few games come up in conversation.

I have my own music tastes so that goes no where.
May 25, 1:12 AM

Feb 2020
Don't have any so..... no is the answer.
May 25, 1:17 AM

Oct 2019
Yeah, I have seen the most anime out of them, but most of my friends are into it.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 25, 1:18 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to TsutanaiFuun
literally 99% of my irl friends watch anime lol
@TsutanaiFuun that implies you have at least a 100 friends. thats a LOT of friends.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 25, 2:40 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to APolygons2
@TsutanaiFuun that implies you have at least a 100 friends. thats a LOT of friends.
@APolygons2 lol i just said that to convey it that in a way almost all of my friends except a few watch anime and read manga. the friends i talk regularly too. and yeah 100 is a lot of freinds, i don't think i'm even close to having 100 actual friends.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 25, 5:31 AM

May 2018
"Do your irl friends watch anime?"

Only one of them.
May 25, 5:43 AM

Nov 2023
Real life?- N/A, because they got: https://myanimelist.net/anime/37779/Yakusoku_no_Neverland ed

I have herd a previous thread that discussed about if users on this site watched anime, and apparently its like about 40-60%, they mentioned that you can tell if most of their opinions are just rehasches from others
Ratris_DecisionMay 25, 5:59 AM
May 25, 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
Some do, some don't, but none watch as much and diverse as I watch. Those that do watch, focus on battle shounen mainly.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

OMFG THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE wOOt!! F YEAH LET'S F GOOOOOO!!!
May 25, 6:55 AM

Feb 2024
I have 1 friend who watches anime and 2-3 who watched it in the past, way before I got an interest to this niche. I also know one person who literally watched 0 anime but knows everything about it because of an art background, we had lots of funny conversations recently.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 25, 7:00 AM

Jan 2023
Like less than 4 people that I know do and that’s it.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
May 25, 7:13 AM

Feb 2022
Nah, because i dont have too many friends. And I've tried converting a few to start watching but unsuccessfully

May 25, 7:19 AM

Jan 2009
i do not think so they are more onto other things like sports and movies
May 25, 10:15 AM

Oct 2017
Most people in my age range do in my area
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 25, 10:31 AM
May 2016
A couple of them do. When I was at school I only had one friend who watched anime. At university I met a lot of people, and I know one guy in work who reads a couple of manga series but doesn't really watch anime much.

However, most of the people who I know that watch anime are mostly just into shonen action shows, or they only watch particular genres. I don't know anyone IRL who watches as much anime as me, or is open to watching as much of a variety.
May 25, 10:39 AM

Jul 2013
Yes, some of my irl friends watch anime, although I mostly use the Internet to discuss anime.
May 25, 10:57 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to Marsh37
A couple of them do. When I was at school I only had one friend who watched anime. At university I met a lot of people, and I know one guy in work who reads a couple of manga series but doesn't really watch anime much.

However, most of the people who I know that watch anime are mostly just into shonen action shows, or they only watch particular genres. I don't know anyone IRL who watches as much anime as me, or is open to watching as much of a variety.
@Marsh37 Same here my classmates only watch/read popular anime/manga like One Piece or My Hero Academia and fewer than I do. I'm afraid to discuss less popular things with them but at least I have people to talk anime/manga with that's something I guess ._.
May 25, 11:03 AM

May 2021
Sure a lot of my irl friends watch anime, some of them don't. A couple of my older friends watch anime with their spouses and that makes my heart happy. Goals lol

I am pretty open to most things in anime but my mainline genres aren't similar to what a lot of my friends watch. I've been able to share some of what I enjoy with them but most of the time it's lost in translation.
Marsh37 said:
Yeah this is pretty much it. I wouldn't say that I watch more than all of my friends, but I certainly have some that only watch action. I tend to stick with a good variety.
May 25, 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
I only discuss anime on the Internet btw...
May 25, 12:19 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to BitChilly
BitChilly said:

Pretty much the same so far, there may be more in the future.
May 25, 12:22 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, alot of my irl friends watch anime...
May 25, 12:42 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to CutieAnshin
My whole class watches and reads anime and manga (with a few exceptions). However, our anime and manga discussions don’t last long because they’re interested in other things as well. I tried to invite them to join MyAnimeList or AniList, but it was unsuccessful
@CutieAnshin

Ayo there is only one Haibara in these threads & that's me! Jk I like your profile pic.
May 25, 12:44 PM

Feb 2019
Many people in my circle consume anime, manga, light novels & other Japanese media. It's very popular. But few watch stuff that I enjoy.
May 25, 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
The majority of my IRL friends to watch anime yeah, though many aren't really passionate about it, it's still wonderful being able to talk about whatever anime either of us finished together, sometimes even watching them as a group.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
May 25, 12:47 PM

Nov 2017
Some of them do, so I can also talk to 'em about it
May 25, 1:04 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to -Kugeki-
@CutieAnshin

Ayo there is only one Haibara in these threads & that's me! Jk I like your profile pic.
@-Kugeki- Imposter! This is insulting! I'm the number one Haibara worshiper here!!! D:
May 25, 1:19 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to CutieAnshin
@-Kugeki- Imposter! This is insulting! I'm the number one Haibara worshiper here!!! D:
@CutieAnshin

Imposter? I think you're the real imposter around here. You're comparing yourself to me..Ha! You're not even good to be my imposter. You say you're the number one Haibara Worshiper? Pathetic. You don't even have her in your favorites. Who's the real imposter now?

Ha I win >:D (Self proclaimed Winner)

Here's some flowers to distract you from those burns ;)

May 25, 1:32 PM

Feb 2024
Reply to CutieAnshin
@CutieAnshin In Russia, for example, manga and anime became widely popular among schoolchildren up to university. Quite a few people seriously watch anime after 20 years. Maybe it’s our “harsh” mentality.
May 25, 1:46 PM

Jun 2020
My entire high school friend circle did (we were all hardcore fans lmao), and so did a few of the peeps in my college circle. Ever since becoming a teacher, though, I've had neither time for friends nor anime, sadly Dx But I came across another teacher earlier this year who was just starting out watching anime; the only downside is that she was getting into HxH, which I totally dislike lol.
May 25, 1:48 PM

Jul 2016
They do not. That's why I watch so many sports lol.
May 25, 2:12 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to -Kugeki-
@CutieAnshin

Imposter? I think you're the real imposter around here. You're comparing yourself to me..Ha! You're not even good to be my imposter. You say you're the number one Haibara Worshiper? Pathetic. You don't even have her in your favorites. Who's the real imposter now?

Ha I win >:D (Self proclaimed Winner)

Here's some flowers to distract you from those burns ;)

@-Kugeki- w-well i don't have her in my favs because my profile isn't complete yet... --'
anyway having haibara as my pfp is enough to prove that im her number one fan hmpf D:
May 25, 2:28 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to CutieAnshin
@-Kugeki- w-well i don't have her in my favs because my profile isn't complete yet... --'
anyway having haibara as my pfp is enough to prove that im her number one fan hmpf D:
@CutieAnshin

Fair enough. Glad to meet another Haibara enjoyer such as yourself :D

I wish more people liked her the same way we do so we can start a cult >:D
May 25, 2:30 PM
Apr 2024
Yeah, my friend is currently watching Berserk. He recommended I check out The Masterful Cat Is Depressed Again Today. He said it would make me laugh a lot.
May 25, 2:35 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to Swyzen
@CutieAnshin In Russia, for example, manga and anime became widely popular among schoolchildren up to university. Quite a few people seriously watch anime after 20 years. Maybe it’s our “harsh” mentality.
@Swyzen you remind me of a yt video i watched about an ep of dbz in russian dub where all the characters were voiced by only one person xD
May 25, 2:41 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to zedtronic
My entire high school friend circle did (we were all hardcore fans lmao), and so did a few of the peeps in my college circle. Ever since becoming a teacher, though, I've had neither time for friends nor anime, sadly Dx But I came across another teacher earlier this year who was just starting out watching anime; the only downside is that she was getting into HxH, which I totally dislike lol.
@zedtronic hope i'll have colleagues who watch anime as i do whatever their tastes are TT
May 25, 2:49 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to -Kugeki-
@CutieAnshin

Fair enough. Glad to meet another Haibara enjoyer such as yourself :D

I wish more people liked her the same way we do so we can start a cult >:D
@-Kugeki- it will be an honour to join this cult :3
May 25, 3:20 PM

Oct 2014
Yeah, they do. I've met most of my friends through anime in some way so they all watch anime, at least to some extent.
May 25, 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah, most of them just watch very specific stuff, like one of them is only a fan of Dragonball. But I have a couple who also follows seasonals.
May 25, 3:27 PM

Mar 2019
Yes, just significantly more casually than I do.
May 25, 3:29 PM

Feb 2024
Reply to CutieAnshin
@Swyzen you remind me of a yt video i watched about an ep of dbz in russian dub where all the characters were voiced by only one person xD
@CutieAnshin Dude, there are a lot of good dubbing studios in Russia now. Previously, things were bad with this.
What do you say to this: https://youtube.com/shorts/Eubr1L0YZuE?si=tWQZvWT9YO7OwP_L
May 25, 3:42 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to Swyzen
@CutieAnshin Dude, there are a lot of good dubbing studios in Russia now. Previously, things were bad with this.
What do you say to this: https://youtube.com/shorts/Eubr1L0YZuE?si=tWQZvWT9YO7OwP_L
@Swyzen I plan on learning Russian, so I'd be glad to watch anime in Russian. Thx for the info ^^
May 25, 3:59 PM

Oct 2022
Most of my friends do. The only ones that don't watch anime is either my older friends or people from my work.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
May 25, 5:51 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I have met people who have watched anime - some a lot, some just a few. The popular series are not niche.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» do you have a fap log?

slopgobbler - 6 hours ago

22 by BruhFunny69 »»
11 minutes ago

» What character has the strongest defense?

SilentAssassin88 - 19 minutes ago

1 by Guilmon1 »»
15 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7244 by Bogard087 »»
36 minutes ago

» morality indicators in anime ( 1 2 )

slopgobbler - Jun 20

88 by PeripheralVision »»
38 minutes ago

» Is fantasy now isekai?

louis1000 - 5 hours ago

14 by alshu »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.