Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
This episode started pretty serious but it turned somewhat into a meme after Dot and Lance became...babies, literally. They managed to retain their ability to speak but it was hard at times to take the episode seriously. I do think it mixed into the episode pretty well given this show's style of humor.

Can't say I'm really surprised since this show can pull anything out of its trick. Also got to see some wicked time related magic this episode.

May 2020
Being the unwelcome guest he was, it was only obvious to see Wahlberg taking him on, and man was it not hype seeing those two with their colourful powers and quoting all kinds of magical nomenclature, lol. Though that being that, it wasn't just those two, as I mean all kinds of alien creatures who Innocent zero brought along with had other go through a lot as well.

Cell war making a return was as unremarkable as it could've been, and tbh, Mash treating him the way he did, was absolute perfection. Their fight is there to stay, but the sitter baby thing looked as goofy as I'd have imagined, I mean being a silly magic spell was one thing, but in the context of this serious fight, this was just... lol.

Anyways, we know Innocent zero had left his humanity long ago, so keeping them trying to make that fact obvious aside, this fight would only get worse from here on, for a few more episodes that is.
Softhenic03Mar 2, 7:08 AM

Dec 2021
Oh, hell yeah! It's Wahlberg's turn to shine!

Mash emerges victorious against Macaron, only to be interrupted by the sudden appearance of Innocent Zero descending from the sky, freezing time within the exam venue. Wahlberg takes on the challenge of confronting Innocent Zero, while Kaldo and other Divine Visionaries, along with the now unfrozen prefect Margarette, engage in a fierce battle against monsters to safeguard the students. Meanwhile, amidst the chaos, Mash finds himself locked in a battle with Cell War.

So, the bad guy can freeze time and has a wand named after the Greek God of Time. I don't think muscles alone can beat that. So Margarette is a woman? I kinda guessed that when she transformed, but I thought maybe some guys in the series just look girly. But Margarette makes sense for her name. And Mash, don't worry about not remembering every fodder. And Sitter Baby should've used Lance's sister's power instead – that would've ended things quick. Then you got Mash always coming up with craziest ways to fight magic.

I'm worried about Wahlberg right now, though.

Mar 2, 9:24 AM
May 2021
Mash showing how strong he is! Yessirr.
Mar 2, 9:33 AM

Feb 2021
Oh, the OP visuals changed a bit! There is a whole lot more characters going Bling-Bang-Bang-Born now.
11:11 だるま落とし (daruma otoshi) - toy consisting of vertically stacked wooden blocks that must be knocked away without letting the daruma doll on top fall to the ground.

12:07 Lmao the gasp

BABUUUUU
Lance going "babubabubabu" with a serious-ass voice is comedy gold. They must've retook this many times lmao.
Really good episode. Amazing how this can be both funny and intriguing. And the soundtrack is amazing too.
Mar 2, 9:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, Wahlberg-sensei vs. Mash’s dad is going to be some battle! Both disciples of the greatest mage, huh? A frontal assault now that the aggressor has a few forbidden spells under his thumbs, I can only fear for the worst.

Chibi forms of Lance and Dot were hilarious but it’s nice to see that they were able to get through that hurdle with relative ease. Even the visionaries couldn’t hold a lug by against that time control magic, eh? The power scale has gone a level or two above already, yikes.

Mash taking down an old foe by using the last fight as reference, he really has a knack for these kind of things. Curious about the whole father-son business too.
_MushiRock11_Mar 2, 10:02 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 2, 9:59 AM
Dec 2021
so many jojo references
Mar 2, 10:01 AM
Oct 2016
Innocent Zero has made his move by directly coming for Mash in the middle of this exam. Enacting a time spell that's frozen everyone in the arena. Walhburg being the only one to break free of the time spell having to come to Mash rescue. Walhburg has a soft spot for Mash so it's nice seeing his defense of Mash from Innocent Zero. We don't fully know Innocent Zero motives except some superficial reasoning of wanting to be the perfect human or something. But it must be nefarious to interpret this exam in front of everyone without caution, A very brazen way to go about things. Walhburg unfreeze of some of the main character students along with some Divine Visionaries we saw in attendance. They can deal with the fodder that Innocent Zero summons to kill everyone. Lance and Dot making a good team until they're turned into babies. Hilarious seeing them being little babies while trying to use their magic and not succumb to mental regression of being babies. Walhburg separating him and Innocent Zero from the rest so they can fight undeterred. Hes the only one that could stop Innocent Zero alone.
Mar 2, 10:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Less of a loving father and more of a being determined to become stronger by killing their own kin in the process more like. Gotta hand it to Wahlberg he hasn't lost touch at all. Nice of him to also unfreeze some backup as well. The divines via Kaldo and Orter really showed why they're the top tier in terms of mages. Their opponents though were far from being simple time wasters though. As ever Mash's melee shortcuts sure cut down on time. Sitter baby though was creepy as hell. His magic was troublesome but only for ambushes. Mash's fight against creative hairdo sure was fun. Overall an excellent ep that featured a good blend of top tier action and lore expansion regarding innocent zero.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 10:36 AM
Sep 2015
Mashle's soundtrack is Masaru Yokoyama's best work yet. In fact, it might even be his signature piece from now on.
Mar 2, 10:47 AM

Sep 2014
This show goes way harder than it has any right to.

A shame so much filler was in this ep and we didnt get to see Wahlberg and Innocent Zero fight.

The setup right now is crazy though, obviously its like the Voldemort vs Dumbledore fight but mixed with a lot of Jojo lol. Also the way Innocents sidekicks stood there... big "me and the boys" meme energy.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 2, 11:38 AM
Sep 2008
Thank god that in this anime the battles doesn't have flashback scenes each 5 minutes.
Mar 2, 11:40 AM

Jun 2008
Mash casually forgetting the face of the enemy. Cell was too stunned to speak.
Mar 2, 11:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well after the scissor guy as his ally, Innocent Zero use edo tensei?

Feel bad with black thorny guy. Not enough with Mash ignorance, but also his mocking tone toward his magic, shattered him into pieces i guess. Now you need to sleep, i frel bad with your panda eyes...

Oh don't forget about baby Lance and Dotto tho. Idk why but i feel like wanna carry them home ngl
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 2, 11:53 AM

May 2023
A great episode.. between the seriousness of Innocent Zero vs Wahlberg, them casting summons and personal magic.. to the hilariousness of Lance and Dot turning to babies.. bt the gem is Mash forgetting Cell War.. and the creampuff head lmao.. and him calling Cell's for using same trick twice.. while using the same punch.. epic.. so it's the clone's summons next..
considering Wahlberg Baigan & Mash Burnedead vs Innocent Zero & Necross Mance is the longest fight in the series I think it will take another whole episode.. hell, maybe ones and a half.. they haven't mentioned Amy yet when talking of Adam.. hope she is atleast introduced this season.. even if as a teaser..

The evil soundtrack that plays for Innocent Zero.. I dunno why I feel I have heard this exact tune before.. dunno when or where..
Mar 2, 11:58 AM
Jun 2019
fighting was pretty dope
Mar 2, 12:21 PM
May 2020
episode jam packed with action, and looks like mash's rate of improvement is scary
Mar 2, 12:58 PM

May 2019
So I'm wondering if Innocent Zero really is Mash's dad or is that just a figure of speech because why would he abandon him and also why would he need to take him to become "perfect?" Hopefully that will be answered in upcoming episodes but for now I'm looking forward to Wahlberg vs Innocent Zero.
Mar 2, 1:32 PM
Aug 2023
Waay too much time spent on the baby bit in this one I feel like. Everything else was quite solid, and the hip-hop style soundtrack hits every time. Hopefully Wahlberg & Zero’s fight will prove to be a spectacle
Mar 2, 1:47 PM
Dec 2021
The anime's 1st half was preety serious and interesting, but the 2nd half was not that great.
Mar 2, 1:54 PM

Mar 2023
sitter baby
innocent zero looked like slenderman
Mar 2, 1:56 PM

Jun 2008
The animation is really subpar in this episode.
Mar 2, 2:07 PM

Feb 2020
This spell from Mash's father summoning coffins...

Mar 2, 2:10 PM

Nov 2017
Someone die already 🫣🫣
Mar 2, 3:01 PM
Aug 2022
Comander-07 said:
This show goes way harder than it has any right to.

A shame so much filler was in this ep and we didnt get to see Wahlberg and Innocent Zero fight.

The setup right now is crazy though, obviously its like the Voldemort vs Dumbledore fight but mixed with a lot of Jojo lol. Also the way Innocents sidekicks stood there... big "me and the boys" meme energy.

why does mashle need filler if the manga is finished already? is a1 just milking it
Mar 2, 3:04 PM

Jul 2022
Wahlberg proves why he is one of the top sorcerers by standing up to Innocent Zero, scaring his followers, and freeing Mash and the other relevant characters from the paralyzing time spell. Each of the sorcerers showed their mettle.

The situation with Lance and Dot is surreal, having to fight while transformed into babies detracts from the seriousness of the moment but does not take away from the episode's entertainment value.

Mash encounters Cell War again, not remembering who he was, yet still defeats him easily since he doesn't fall for the same tricks twice.

Wahlberg and Innocent Zero share a past, and a certain Adam, who was a mentor to both, is mentioned. Innocent Zero is no longer human and is about to perform a forbidden spell, leaving me eager for the next episode.
Mar 2, 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
imagine if innocent zero actually created Mash and with that the saviour of the world. Now that's the definition of backfiring.

Wasn't a fan of this episode tho. I feel like they were just delaying hardcore to make sure they get the 12 episodes filled up.
removed-userMar 2, 3:34 PM
Mar 2, 3:22 PM
Oct 2022
Well there we go. Obviously Margarette isn't "Non-binary". The idea is literally foreign to the Japanese.
Mar 2, 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
So I'm wondering if Innocent Zero really is Mash's dad or is that just a figure of speech because why would he abandon him and also why would he need to take him to become "perfect?" Hopefully that will be answered in upcoming episodes but for now I'm looking forward to Wahlberg vs Innocent Zero.
@Alfredo-Sauce Well my theory is that he's basically a creation purely based on physical strength so IZ can have both godly magic and physical capabilities
Mar 2, 4:02 PM
Apr 2022
innocent zero lost his humanity to the point of being faceless, meaning he's less human than noseless voldemort
Mar 2, 4:57 PM
Oct 2023
Wahlberg sure seems op so does innocent zero though. Will be ineteresting to see how their fight will play out. Especially with Innocent zero using a forbidden spell. This episode was also very funny like every episode of mashle is. I love how Dot and Lance turned into babies
Mar 2, 5:36 PM

Apr 2016
Lance still managing to be super cool as a baby LOL the baby voices
Also Mash not even remembering Abel and then completely disrespecting him in battle was the best
It feels like there was lots of lore and progression in this episode, exciting!
Mar 2, 5:42 PM

Apr 2022
bro was just casually running on his magic.
Mar 2, 7:29 PM

May 2019
Reply to removed-user
@Alfredo-Sauce Well my theory is that he's basically a creation purely based on physical strength so IZ can have both godly magic and physical capabilities
@FoodstampDayo
Ok I can see how that is how IZ is interpreting becoming "perfect" but I'm curious about their relationship and backstory so maybe that will be answered later on.
Mar 2, 7:29 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
No surprise seeing how crazy strong Wahlberg is. I mean he literally made innocent zero’s guy cower in fear just from the bloodlust he was putting out and to add insult to injury he called him a speck 😂 I’m really excited to see the clash between these two since we know they are former students of the man who was quite literally compared to a god because of the power he had. I can’t help but fear that Wahlberg’s back is up against a wall here and he may not make it out of this fight alive 😰 it’s going to be a really hard week waiting on this next episode
Mar 2, 7:47 PM
Apr 2021
Ughhhhhh I was hyped asf bc I thought this episode was gonna be the Walberg Vs Innocent Zero fight but no we got blue balled mannnnnnnn, I guess next Saturday we’ll see then fight🙄

They changed the opening now we can see Innocent Zero’s face and there are more ppl dancing with Mash now🤣😭
Mar 2, 8:09 PM
Dec 2022
Wahlberg goat
Is bro actually Mash dad
WAHLBERG TRIPLE LINES
INOCCENT ZERO GUY QUAD LINES?
all the fellas are revived W
Mash forgor LMFAO
BABIEZ LMFAOOOO THE BABY SITTER GUY IS WEIRD ASF LMAOOOOO WHAT AM I WATCHING
Forbidden spells oh dear
Mash moment
Mar 2, 10:25 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, I already thought Wahlberg was not a one-liner, I wonder if he will die? I see that as likely but we'll see.
Dot and Lance as babies was pretty funny, why did Mash imagine the Innocent Zero member as a stuffed bun ? hahaha.

Interesting that he already overcame this member's attack after only one encounter, I hope he has more skills because if not, Mash will defeat him in the blink of an eye
Mar 2, 10:27 PM

Nov 2012
Innocent Zero just pulled out edo tensei. My guess is that Adam is in the coffin.
Mar 2, 11:22 PM

Jun 2023
I can't get over with that babu babu babu babu babu lol
Mar 2, 11:25 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to Treyv0n
Ughhhhhh I was hyped asf bc I thought this episode was gonna be the Walberg Vs Innocent Zero fight but no we got blue balled mannnnnnnn, I guess next Saturday we’ll see then fight🙄

They changed the opening now we can see Innocent Zero’s face and there are more ppl dancing with Mash now🤣😭
@Treyv0n lol yes the opening is all cast version lol
Mar 2, 11:27 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to Virtecek
Wahlberg sure seems op so does innocent zero though. Will be ineteresting to see how their fight will play out. Especially with Innocent zero using a forbidden spell. This episode was also very funny like every episode of mashle is. I love how Dot and Lance turned into babies
@Virtecek babu babu babu babu babu
Mar 2, 11:52 PM
Apr 2021
Matchappie said:
I can't get over with that babu babu babu babu babu lol

Ong the babies were too jokes in this episode🤣🤣🤣
Mar 3, 2:35 AM

Jan 2017
I was wondering why the pronoun "they" was used to address Macaron only to find out that she is actually a woman and that using"he/him" on her would sound not right in the translation. 😄 So that's why.
Mash and that yellow-haired guy's fight (that looks like a creampuff lol) was pretty cool. Cooler than Mash and Macaron's fight actually. His last line which said, "The same thing twice? Please." Now that's epic. 🔥🔥🔥

Oh and Lance was so cute and cool as a baby. 💙💙💙😂😂😂
Mar 3, 3:40 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
Well there we go. Obviously Margarette isn't "Non-binary". The idea is literally foreign to the Japanese.
@HyperlinkBlocked,
Are you serious?
Mar 3, 3:47 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to sakurasyinks
I was wondering why the pronoun "they" was used to address Macaron only to find out that she is actually a woman and that using"he/him" on her would sound not right in the translation. 😄 So that's why.
Mash and that yellow-haired guy's fight (that looks like a creampuff lol) was pretty cool. Cooler than Mash and Macaron's fight actually. His last line which said, "The same thing twice? Please." Now that's epic. 🔥🔥🔥

Oh and Lance was so cute and cool as a baby. 💙💙💙😂😂😂
@sakurasyinks,
«she is actually a woman» ???
You know it was a comic moment with Dot's misunderstanding, right?
Mar 3, 4:21 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Aba aba

I can't believe that stupid lump was negged by a baby.
Mar 3, 4:21 AM
Oct 2022
sakurasyinks said:

It's funny how in their scramble to make the series more woke, they still end up using the wrong pronouns for him, and in exactly the wrong context. They have people address him in this weirdly ungrammatical way before they get any answers from him for no reason other than the morons really wanted to push the pronouns thing. Then, when he finally explains himself, it turns out he very specifically thinks of himself as a woman, and anyone wanting to go along with that would have to refer to him as "Her", not "They". They're not satisfied erasing the gingers anymore; even the transes are getting erased for the agenda!

DarmagOxattee said:
Are you serious?

Yeah. He outright explains himself this episode.
Mar 3, 4:41 AM

Feb 2014
I was pleasantly surprised that the OP visual were changed a bit, so that Mash is now dancing with the other characters now. I like even more now! =D

The episode itself was amusing, with how Lance and Dot were turned into babies when dealing with the creepy caster enemy, but while he didn't do as much as I thought he would do, seeing Wahlberg unleash his magic skills was badass. His opponent is the Innocent Zero leader himself and the guy is rather chaotic enough to even use forbidden magic in his drive to become the "perfect" human being. I can only hope that Wahlberg can win this battle.

Meanwhile, Mash was still doing Mash things, forgetting about Abel before, in comedic fashion, runs on top on Abel's magic attacks before delivering a nice fist to Abel's face. Never change, Mash, never change... XD
Mar 3, 5:08 AM

Mar 2022
Fantastic Episode again truly was the start of an epic showdown!

So much happen in this episode was definitely a rollercoaster.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 13

99 by OfficeMouse »»
Yesterday, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

134 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Jun 2, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

154 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Jun 2, 4:30 PM

» New PV with Opening Song

Dbagas8 - Nov 11, 2023

6 by squidchianti »»
Jun 2, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30

118 by traed »»
May 31, 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.