Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 29, 2018 12:29 PM
Apr 2017
OverkilledRed said:
Modernoir said:

Really? The animation and art seemed pretty damn good to me. Really great combat and character-acting especially.
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/66403
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/66404
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/66401
That Purple Haze beatdown on Illuso was so fucking good, unf.

Well, a few seconds of good animation is not a proof of overall quality. I also found it off, with a strange pacing and some not so well animated scenes.

But, idk, there's something fascinating about the direction. The soundtrack (and also the lack of it) really helped to create a suspenseful atmosphere and the idea of an isolated place (and world).

But the overall quality is good, buy new glasses
Dec 29, 2018 4:35 PM
Aug 2018
The deaths have been so gruesome. I am surprised none of it gets censored.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Dec 29, 2018 9:50 PM

Feb 2017
This episode was more funnier than expected.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Dec 30, 2018 1:58 AM

Dec 2014
hmm the indepth dynamics of everyone personalities is awesome to explore...hmmm
Dec 30, 2018 4:30 AM

Nov 2015
Goddamn that Purple Haze stand rush was so damn satisfying. PLUS we had based DP blessing us with more Risotto <3

Shame that Fugo essentially completely falls off in terms of relevance after this point though :(
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Dec 30, 2018 2:42 PM
Aug 2018
The amount of plot armour in this episode though
That enemy could have killed both fugo and abbachio( just a split second was needed to end their life) but left them and went to pursue others in the last moment and what about killing the infected host instantly after 30 seconds ?, has not 30 seconds still passed yet for Giorno ?

Kinda disappointed
immortaluchihaDec 30, 2018 2:54 PM
Dec 30, 2018 6:58 PM
May 2017
immortaluchiha said:
That enemy could have killed both fugo and abbachio( just a split second was needed to end their life) but left them and went to pursue others in the last moment and what about killing the infected host instantly after 30 seconds ?, has not 30 seconds still passed yet for Giorno ?

Kinda disappointed

dude it's anime time, remember Dio can stop time for 5 seconds and yet he had enough time to do a buncha shit and through in a monologue for good meassure... With 2 seconds to spare lol.

but yea, this one fight was kinda bullshit, like most fights with OP enemy stands end up being.
Dec 31, 2018 8:39 AM
Apr 2017
immortaluchiha said:

Kinda disappointed

30 MINUTES no seconds
Dec 31, 2018 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
immortaluchiha said:

Kinda disappointed

Yeah, I never really cared for the Man in the Mirror fight for this exact reason. It's an even less restrictive version of Death XIII with pretty much no downside or weakness to exploit, and the Stand User only loses because he spends all of his time monologuing rather than doing things.

I guess that's kind of the issue of making the enemy Stand too strong. Giorno and Abbacchio had no way of knowing what was happening until they were already in the mirror, more or less, so they couldn't even start counterattacking. And even if they did, Illuso could just remove their Stands like he did with Moody Blues and overpower them anyway.
Dec 31, 2018 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
RabidFish said:
immortaluchiha said:

Kinda disappointed

dude it's anime time, remember Dio can stop time for 5 seconds and yet he had enough time to do a buncha shit and through in a monologue for good meassure... With 2 seconds to spare lol.

but yea, this one fight was kinda bullshit, like most fights with OP enemy stands end up being.

I think situations like DIO's time stopping and the eternal 30 seconds in this case work fine in the manga but don't translate well in a timed format like anime. I haven't read the DB manga but I bet ''Namek will explode in 5 minutes'' wasn't nearly as bad as in the anime. If I had to give it an explanation, I'd say Illuso died almost instantly because the capsule burst right at his side while in Giorno's case the virus was still spreading from his hand. But yeah, it definitely felt like plot armor.
Overexplanation is another thing that doesn't translate very well. The author may considerate it necessary in the manga, but in anime format where everything is much clearer it feels redundant.
Dec 31, 2018 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
Never really liked the antidote bit, but I still admire it for the sheer absurdity of it.

Hobgoblin2099 said:
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
Illuso showed that he's dedicated enough to cut off his own hand to survive too but what awaited him was the exact same thing he tried so desperately to avoid all thanks to Giorno's really thorough and reckless planning. Not only was he being fully devoured by the death virus, he was also being pummeled with fists lined with broken glass before he turned into a gooey paste. Definitely one of the most agonizing deaths despite it's relatively short kill time.

Not only that, there's a shot that's obscured in the anime of what happens to Illuso right before he starts melting. It's shown more explicitly in the manga.

Purple Haze straight up punches his face off.

KanameYuuki said:
I was hoping Moody Blues would rewind itself to a state before cutting his hand so Abbacchio could be cured.

Bruno can zip it back on like he did with that other guy's arm.
I think they'll be a bit more gory in the BDs. Preferable to big black shadows at any rate.
Jan 1, 2019 5:05 AM
Oct 2017
Yumesaiko said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

Color changes for dramatic moments have been a staple of this series ever since Part 1. This isn't even the first time its happened in this part.

I want to say the earliest was probably Giorno vs. Bruno in Episode 2.

This is actually the 6th or 7th time there's been color changes in this part, so I'm not entirely sure what they mean.

Yes it has happened a lot in this series nothing out of the blue. It's just used as a shocking effect to ascertain the gravity of the situation.
Jan 2, 2019 8:06 PM
Oct 2007
This is one crazy episode and can't wait to watch the next arc, seeing how some comments are saying that it's going to be one of the best! hype train on board!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2019 1:02 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode! I kinda knew about the blackened part with the hand, but BD will fix this. It did fixed it on Part 4 BD after all.

Illuso is dead, but this is not the end of it. This is just the beginning!! I cannot fucking wait for the train scene. This is the arc where Part 5 truly shines. All the craziest stand users to date starts from here and it never ever stops.

Gonna be godlike for sure!
Jan 3, 2019 6:35 AM

Oct 2012
I'm going to pretend to be surprised because I already read the manga
But I actually forgot what happened, except... until the turtle appeared
That was a good way to refresh my memory

Everytime someone died, the ED is feeling so horny xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 5, 2019 3:42 AM
Jan 2016
In my viewpoint:

1. It's clear now how boring Abbacchio is as a character.

2. Illuso ended up with being just an idiot.

Incoherence: Illuso cut off his right hand but the one that appears cut off later is his left.
Jan 5, 2019 4:51 AM

Aug 2016
PedroBV96 said:

Incoherence: Illuso cut off his right hand but the one that appears cut off later is his left.

Yeah, it's because he's not in the mirror world anymore.
Jan 5, 2019 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
Once again, pure show. The clash with Mirror Man is to the death and the ingenious found to defeat the opponent do not disappoint the expectations.
Jan 5, 2019 8:34 AM
Jan 2016
Gorsch said:

Yeah, it's because he's not in the mirror world anymore.

Yeah I got it. Now, on the other hand, he could have just killed Fugo and he would have won.
Jan 9, 2019 6:11 AM

Sep 2016
Somehow the presentation of this ep made me a bit confused cuz I didn’t recall myself being this confused at the battle when I was reading the manga. I guess the pacing is better in the manga and the anime highlighted something that I neglected in the manga.

Firstly, the shard of the broken mirror stood on its own felt weird. But then I realized that it’s probably Illuso holding the shard inside the mirror. Also throughout the battle, I was checking out if there’s anything wrong with the direction of left & right for the world inside the mirror & the real world and thinking about the logic of how Abbachio sent the key to Giorno by rewinding Moody Blues, which really distracted myself from enjoying the battle. Anyway, double checked the manga and thought it through, there’re basically no problems with Abbacchio’s part.

As for Giorno’s part, I can see where Araki got the theory basis. There’re some loose logic here. But GE being able to do all these in one battle feels a bit too overwhelming. It is kinda at the edge of bullshit when all these things with loose logic are put up together. Giorno holding the key while posing was hilarious tho.
I was also confused about the half brick half snake thing. Then I read this comment said that the brick part was left by Giorno on purpose so that they can see the brick moving inside the mirror.
A side note, it’s omitted in the anime, but Fugo mentioned to Giorno that only Illuso can pick up the things inside the mirror and that’s why they cannot simply see what happened in the real world through the mirror.

Honestly I was a bit let down by Narita-san’s performance. He did a great job in ep# 10, but his voice acting lacked the feeling of despair & hysteria during the latter part in this ep (still good in the former part tho).
One of the things that I love about this battle is the contrast of determination between Abbachio & Illuso. The former was fearless to cut off his hand while the latter prided himself on how far he had sacrificed but only to find his lack of determination. As a stand user who’s used to attacking ppl inside the mirror, it makes sense.
Jan 24, 2019 7:14 AM

May 2016
What an episode. Glad to be back watching this masterpiece anime once more after my hiatus in 2018 coming to an end, tho i wish Abby still keep his hand.

10/10
Feb 18, 2019 2:03 PM

Feb 2012
All this self-amputation and the brick snake, this is what makes JoJo great. Individual ideas of Fugo, Abbacchio and Giorno relying on assumptions all worked together in the end.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 14, 2019 7:23 PM
Apr 2016
Giorno sure is clever, what a masterful plan! Well, all of them did good, fine resolve, even the enemy had powerful resolve. Good episode.
May 19, 2019 1:45 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was simply fantastic! Full of well animated action, mind games, tension, drama, manliness and friendship! :D

Abbacchio sacrificed his hand to fullfill their mission and Giorno risked his own life (even if he said differently).

GioGio is truly somebody I can call as "a hero". His way of thinking, loyalty and sensitiveness towards his companions is something special. To think he is that vile DIO's son, lol.
Aug 4, 2019 6:42 PM

Mar 2012
It made no sense that Illuso's hand started melting off to the bone before Giorno's. That's some Narancia doing math type of fuck up.
Aug 5, 2019 3:16 AM
Jun 2016
Damn, did they base Pannacotta Fugo's personality off of mine.

Jokes asides, Abbacchio was really cool in this episode. I thought the part where he was strangling Man in the Mirror was just him being stubborn, lol. Also loved that scene Iluso's stand made him half himself, and half his own stand. It looks quite cool in a bizarre way.

Yeah, Iluso getting out of the mirror world was a bad idea. Purple Haze and all. At first, I thought its virus ability was a passive one in a form of a violet shroud surrounding the stand at all times. Which explains why Abbacchio was so afraid of it. Turns out it wasn't (which is good since that'll just make Purple Haze too OP).

Pretty cool how Giorno complimented Abbacchio right after Fugo complimented him. Still, I'm a bit confused how Abbacchio's hand went flying. I'm guessing it has something to do with his Moody Blues' "replay" ability.
Aug 6, 2019 2:48 AM

Mar 2015
This show never ceases to amaze, another great encounter!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 1, 2019 5:07 AM

Jul 2015
That was some crazy shit, felt satisfying seeing Illuso being beat up like that. Giorno is some crazy bastard, risking his life like that, with the snake and all

Nov 6, 2019 2:51 PM
Feb 2018
Great episode. Giorno's stand is actually very useful. Can't wait to see more fights with it.
Jan 23, 2020 9:56 PM

Jul 2013
The key was just there lol not even hidden, the crack is in the middle of the room and like 2 inches deep and also there just happened to be a big piece of broken glass right beside it. Lol.
Feb 20, 2020 4:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Abbacchio was so much of a mastermind in this episode, great use of Moody Blues and Purple Haze
Mar 8, 2020 1:32 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Purple Haze is real scary!
Mar 15, 2020 1:35 PM

Mar 2010
Bro... What giorno did is not something you can predict... like All other fights to a extent you could make a slight prediction.. but this is science at its peak.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 21, 2020 12:27 AM

Aug 2018
Gold Experience is more powerful than I thought. Poor Abaccio. I wonder if he's gonna get an artificial arm like Joseph.
Jul 19, 2020 5:51 PM

May 2011
The mission: get the key

Reality: the clusterfuck of everything that just happened

I've been gauging these characters and trying to determine who my favorite is. Currently, I'm not sure I can really say yet, it's just too early. They're changing quickly, and they end up being just a little bit more complex every few episodes. I thought Abbacchio was becoming my least favorite because of his bad attitude, but things might be different now.

Abbacchio's level of self-awareness is admirable. Often, when someone is content being a cog in a machine, taking orders, they aren't aware that they've accepted for themselves less than they're capable of with regard to leadership. Not only has Abbacchio come to understand this, he's also aware of the trauma that has lead him to this version of who he is.

I thought Giorno was a bit "too soft", and not the leader that Bruno is, but I'm seeing now that he might even have a deeper display of leadership characteristics than Bruno. It's hard to tell.

For now, I'm just gonna sit back and let the rest of it unfold before I decide.

Fugo is dope though!
Dec 7, 2020 6:51 PM

Aug 2018
God damn when are we gonna get a new ed.... I cant stand this anymore.

EVERY TIME I CLOSE MY EYES. WAKE UP FEELING SO HORNY

Jul 28, 2021 8:37 PM

Apr 2018
Well they managed to get the key and defeat the stand user.
Giorno went extreme lenghts just to defeat him, what a man.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 14, 2021 8:07 PM

Jan 2021
Giorno’s plan was awesome Fugo’s stand was also really cool and I think Sticky Fingers should be able to reattach Abbacchio’s hand
Dec 5, 2021 11:40 AM
Nov 2020
the sound effects in this episode were awesome,
Apr 1, 2022 5:15 PM

Sep 2015
Wait, how was it that the Villian was able to grab Abbrachios other half stand? I thought people couldn't touch stands.

And Fugos way of defeating the dude with one of his virus infection without needing to punch without explanation put me at a confusion here.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 27, 2022 5:20 PM

Mar 2021
I didn't understand a lot of what was going on, but hopefully this will change the dynamic between Giorno and the rest of the gang.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Dec 15, 2022 12:56 AM

Aug 2019
Hmmm, we get a glimpse of the boss in the ending credits.
Jan 2, 2023 11:02 AM
Feb 2021
This show has become so dumb, I love it
Apr 28, 2023 5:35 AM

Jan 2021
I don't understand all the fights, but they are fun to watch
May 9, 2023 6:15 AM
Apr 2020
Great episode, loved the mind games and the relationships between Giorno, Fugo, and Abbacchio
May 18, 2023 2:13 PM
May 2020
Once again, a JoJo is still more clever than a dude with a high IQ.
May 20, 2023 10:13 AM

Nov 2010
Illuso was so tricky to beat. However, Giorno's strategy to beat him was good! His quick thinking supplemented Leone's strategy after he had failed. What a gruesome way to die for Illuso.
Jun 16, 2023 4:08 AM

Jan 2023
Giorno risked everything! A very complicated and cunning plan!
Jun 25, 2023 4:44 PM
Aug 2022
Very convenient immunity.
Nov 26, 2023 4:25 PM
Aug 2023
No words for the genius Hirohiko Araki, completely unpredictable.

Each episode of Jojo is unique and I am increasingly surprised by the number of skills that appear and how they are used
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Nidhoeggr - Feb 8, 2019

99 by Deethone5555 »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

265 by Doutor_Sopa »»
Jun 1, 5:40 PM

» Do you feel like Jojo became boring after the first 3 parts?

removed-user - Dec 5, 2019

48 by antblobber »»
May 30, 12:09 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

abystoma2 - Aug 10, 2018

234 by CAESAR_lover14 »»
May 10, 8:33 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.