Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this was scary, from Raelina's point of view. I'm seriously...the way she got kidnapped and having to escape herself. It's like being caught in a bad horror movie.

Thrilling episode though. I do like how Raelina isn't afraid to stand up for herself even it means using a gun. This episode does serve as a reminder to always be careful in that world so a repeat event like this doesn't happen again.
May 8, 2023 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
Raeliana being accosted by Francis being at the last wits of his own endeavor after witnessing his prior woman Sophie stab herself to death, there is no going back now for him. Though the guy that follows him, Jake Langston's the reason why Francis is here to begin with after the killing of his own sister, to kidnap the rich for money. And even though she managed to escape off the clutches of both men, it's Adam that manages to prevent him from reaching Raeliana.

Even then, it's not like Jake came without a backup plan: a secret drug that attracts monsters towards the people with the scent. Raeliana envisioning her death for a second time while falling off from a cliff, luckily there is Noah to save her. And though she's worried about Adam, she need not be since he's quite the skilled swordsman, and Jake didn't get very far as to get captured by the knights, leaving only Francis left. Though I kinda love the smirk that Raeliana glances on Jake, it's her use of Noah's gun to stop Francis in his tracks. And you know what they say, Karma bites back where it's hardest, and while Raeliana finally got the weight off her chest, she still hates Noah, but shows a subtle change of heart, and this is the same for the Duke himself.

What a thrilling episode though, the best so far.
May 8, 2023 6:47 AM
Sep 2021
Best episode so far, it was really like a fantasy romance anime coming to a good end. Raelina was saved by Noah and his knights at the end.
May 8, 2023 7:03 AM

Jul 2020
I just love how Raeliana is so self-assertive and capable, one of my favorite types of anime girls! Lol she almost shot Brooks in the balls, the dude must've pissed himself right then and there 
May 8, 2023 7:20 AM

Dec 2022
well raeliana got kidnapped but as expected noah came to her rescue literally 5 second late and she would have died from fall damage
May 8, 2023 8:38 AM

Feb 2019
Love how Raeliana isn’t just a damsel in distress and can actually handle herself quite well in such dire situations. Obviously needed the Taylor and Noah assist in the end, but she wasn’t just sitting there doing nothing.

Brooks finally off her back and looks like Noah realising he might have some feelings for her.. things are gonna get fun now.
May 8, 2023 8:50 AM
Sep 2015
Since Noah can't provide a safe environment for Raeliana by letting the kidnap happen, and since Raeliana threats, Brooks and Langston, are gone, she can finally stop a fake engagement with Noah and live as a single for the rest of her life.
May 8, 2023 10:54 AM
Nov 2020
Inexplicable said:
I just love how Raeliana is so self-assertive and capable, one of my favorite types of anime girls! Lol she almost shot Brooks in the balls, the dude must've pissed himself right then and there 

Actually in the manwha he pisses himself lol. Don’t know why the anime opted to skip that lmao
May 8, 2023 10:57 AM
Nov 2020
Zaxphred said:
well raeliana got kidnapped but as expected noah came to her rescue literally 5 second late and she would have died from fall damage

In the manhwa actually Taylor nods a little bit after looking down (the cliff) so pretty sure that he left her fall since Noah was already there preparing to catch her if necessary.
May 8, 2023 11:16 AM
Feb 2015
Man, Raelina was pretty killer this episode, imagine getting on her bad side 😂
I loved that even Jake feared her at the end too
May 8, 2023 12:17 PM
Jan 2017
Raeliana shows her wits and strength of character. And more shocking moments of surprise. Adam! Why are you pushing our gal off the cliff? Raelly! You really shot him in cold blood?
I guess not. We will give that job to Adam.
May 8, 2023 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
Having a strong female character, I'm in. Actually loved how she took the gun out and everyone was shocked lmao.
May 8, 2023 2:05 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It was pretty obvious that the captor was Francis Brooks, but I wasn’t expecting the person he’s working under to be there too, being Langston. The reveal that Brooks was being forced into murdering Raeliana was interesting but the fact he decided to keep going with it since he’s “in too deep” took away any chance he had at redemption, as well as what he said to Raeliana in the carriage before she bolted lol, she really zipped out of there despite the fact she was wearing high heels.

And thanks to Adam Taylor showing up our maiden was saved after the initial fakeout when he shoved her off the cliff lol, and damn that monster looked cool but sadly there was never a good full shot of it, just a lot of closeups, it wasn’t CGI tho so that was nice, and the fact Adam just solo’d it just goes to show how skilled he is. And then came the gun scene, that was pretty good lol, I’m guessing she played some Call of Duty in her past life with that aim, but Noah would be wise to never give her a gun again lol.

And that after credits scene, wowzers, the aftermath of that “morning after” will be great to see.
May 8, 2023 2:48 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Pretty good episode. Not bad at all.

*after-credits scene appears*

YO

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

May 8, 2023 3:20 PM

Dec 2013
It is so refreshing to see a female MC that is not just a saint, don't mess with Raeliana or else she is coming for your balls.
May 8, 2023 4:27 PM

Feb 2021
This conflict got resolved way too quickly. 
May 8, 2023 4:34 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril is really a Pauline The Duke wondered why he saved her he is actually quite ruthles
May 8, 2023 5:21 PM

Oct 2022
I really like Adam's face at all times. No expression whatsoever even when Raeliana shot the fires.
May 8, 2023 6:17 PM
Mar 2023
Cancel my meeting with the executives at 10 am, I have a novel to watch
May 8, 2023 6:29 PM
Jul 2021
IMHO … Episode 5 really pushes this anime towards the 8.x territory … tension, MC heroine’s character taking on complexity … interesting and twisted reverse harem.

Made for a much more interesting story!
May 8, 2023 6:32 PM

Dec 2022
Raeli is one tough chick fr. The way she spoke so wisely even tho she was kidnapped was admirable.
May 8, 2023 7:37 PM

Apr 2022
noah showing some goodness in him but that after credits was jokes lmao.
didn't know this show had monsters but i guess i should have expected it, being a fantasy isekai.
it's concerning how good raeliana is with a gun lol.
May 8, 2023 8:31 PM
May 2020
So much action, drama, and romance! Best episode of the season so far.
May 8, 2023 9:02 PM

Oct 2022
The gun shooting scene was really cool, love the reactions of the royal guards, Sir Taylor and even Noah lol.
UndefeatedBahamut
May 8, 2023 10:24 PM
Jan 2023
Shes a sharpshotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 8, 2023 11:30 PM
May 2017
That bit when she tried to threaten Jake Langston was funny. When it didn't work: "im showwy" 😂🤣realistic asf

But wow, i didn't know they had super powers in this world😮mc read the book but even she was suprised by this. Her rescue went simpler than i anticipated though, i underestimated the duke's guards it seems.

4.5/5
May 9, 2023 12:24 AM

Nov 2022
He definitely fell in love with her after that, which is evident in his mental dialogue. He was worried about Raeliana and of course both will deny it until they can't smh.
May 9, 2023 1:40 AM

Jan 2021
I thought I was crazy because I really liked hearing Noah's voice when he said "you're welcome" after Raeliana thanked him... I kept replaying that scene over and over lol. Maybe it's because after all the suspense that happened, it really felt special.

I didn't expect a monster to appear in this anime, but luckily we have Adam Taylor to finish off the monster. I really like him, my favorite character so far. No matter what, he's always expressionless, even when everyone is shocked at how tough Raeliana is with a gun lol. The only time he showed an expression was when he was mesmerized by Raeliana's beauty in the last episode, but that will probably only happen once in a hundred times :"D

Ehh, that last scene. Curious what Raeliana thought when she saw the two of them in the same bed lol. Probably because she just got kidnapped so to avoid anything unwanted... but yeah, I just want to see her expression and how Noah teases her for it hahah.

May 9, 2023 3:50 AM

Mar 2011
ok. I did not see this monster-thing coming but alright... it's just strange that even Raeliana was surprised by it despite reading the novel... What is going on there? Jack is a scary person but well written for a villain. Although I kind of called it that Brooks was behind this too.

Wow. The scene with Raeliana and the gun... Really love her sass. Don't get her to your bad side.
Interesting that Noah thought he'd benefit if she was killed and he still saved her :D

Still I appreciate Adam and Noah coming to her rescue.

Once again: I did NOT see that coming (referring to the after credits scene).
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

May 9, 2023 4:06 AM

Oct 2022
After this flashback, it seems a little hard to blame Brooks.
Even though Relianna didn't want to kill them, in the end Noah did. I didn't think he would be angry for her, because her death is really good for him, but yes, he probably has feelings for her now, and she has feelings for him.

May 9, 2023 4:29 AM

Oct 2015
bro i swear to god
if she had fcking sliced off her long hair for *character development*
would have fcking dropped the show
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
May 9, 2023 5:54 AM

Apr 2022
Okay so now that the guys that wanted to kill Raeliana are both out of the picture, does this become a romance? I can get behind this, but please let her show off her American side again, it's hilarious how good she is at shooting a revolver.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
bro i swear to god
if she had fcking sliced off her long hair for *character development*
would have fcking dropped the show

the fuck even hinted that this could be a thing??
May 9, 2023 6:31 AM
Aug 2013
So she's a badass at handling a gun, but didn't take her heels off when she needed to run away?

Ah well xD Love the interactions between her and Noah. ❤️

Also, this episode gave me Yona vibes.
AurakinMay 9, 2023 6:36 AM
May 9, 2023 6:34 AM
Aug 2013
Wildflower3 said:
ok. I did not see this monster-thing coming but alright... it's just strange that even Raeliana was surprised by it despite reading the novel... What is going on there? Jack is a scary person but well written for a villain. Although I kind of called it that Brooks was behind this too.

Wow. The scene with Raeliana and the gun... Really love her sass. Don't get her to your bad side.
Interesting that Noah thought he'd benefit if she was killed and he still saved her :D

Still I appreciate Adam and Noah coming to her rescue.

Once again: I did NOT see that coming (referring to the after credits scene).

She read the novel, yes, but she has already strayed from the path of the novel when she managed to escape from marrying Brooks. So it isn't strange she wouldn't know about other things appearing after that point - they never happened in the novel she read.
May 9, 2023 7:34 AM

Mar 2011
Aurakin said:
She read the novel, yes, but she has already strayed from the path of the novel when she managed to escape from marrying Brooks. So it isn't strange she wouldn't know about other things appearing after that point - they never happened in the novel she read.
Normally I'd agree with you but it should be part of the world-building, thus the reader should be aware of it at least to some extent. I'm currently writing a book where the characters are aware of the fact they are inside a book as well so it would only be natural and in this case it came out of the blue (well, I'm not sure how the manhwa explains it since I haven't read it - bot yet) but I hope it will be explained later on.

Btw I'm not criticizing this, just observing.

Plus I wonder what further consequences of her straying from the original plot of the novel will be. Brooks and the other guy kidnapping her (trying to force her original outcome) were one of them, I guess... but there should be more. I'm really interested in seeing how this will progress.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

May 9, 2023 8:34 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Raeliana and Noah at the ending with the sun rising is so wholesome.

Great episode.
May 9, 2023 9:30 AM

Oct 2010
Insane amount of 'plot convenience'. Feels like classic isekai. Wait, it is isekai. I forgot since protag was not overpowered.
I see. I see. Lack of reason and logic makes perfect sense then.
May 9, 2023 10:09 AM
Jul 2010
I think it makes sense that she forgot there were monsters. After all, most of her existence as Raeliana so far ended up being pretty “normal” when it comes to the magic/monster aspect. I feel as though I would also forget there are monsters because she has so much other crap going on and since she is a “side character”, I doubt she ever thought she would be involved with anything like that.

I read the manhwa a while ago and can’t remember too much of it. Did it mention anything in the first episode that might be a hint to her shooting ability? I’m wondering how Raeliana knows how to use a gun considering she lived in South Korea. After all, it’s not like ‘Murica with the gun use. 😆 

Edit: One thing that did really annoy me was her running in heels. Anyone see Jurassic World where the woman ran full throttle with heels on? Raeliana could’ve at least taken them off and tried to use one as a weapon. Those heels looked solid. 😛 
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?
May 9, 2023 10:18 AM

Jun 2016
great episode !!!

May 9, 2023 4:00 PM
Sep 2022
Loved seeing Raeliana stick up for herself this episode! Seems that Brooks finally got what he deserves.
May 9, 2023 4:59 PM

Oct 2022
Brooks just wont let it go that easy as he is a man thrown like a rat on a corner. Wonder whats the motivation of this damn kidnapper beside money. Lol its effin suicide mate!

May 9, 2023 5:40 PM

Dec 2022
That subtle jibe Noah made about Raeliana's weight... my man is savage as fuck lmao.

May 9, 2023 6:47 PM

Oct 2022
Raeliana and Noah are such awesome characters. A wonderful mix of smart, ruthless and badass.

It was a nice tense episode that was satisfying. Adam's awesome. When that monster showed up, my reaction was "he's got this" and I was right.
May 12, 2023 8:23 PM

May 2018
We have some interesting progression but lol I wasn't expecting any monster in this anime, a bit random ngl

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 12, 2023 8:46 PM

Nov 2022
Good episode. Liked that Raeliana was not prepared to just wait for rescue,  but actively tried to get herself out of the situation.

Also loved the looks of shock and surprise on the gents faces after she almost shot Brooks.

Noah is even more ruthless than I thought, with that instruction to Taylor to 'take care of them' after Raeliana fell asleep.
May 13, 2023 3:14 AM
Jul 2020
What an amazing episode!! My ship is sailing
May 13, 2023 9:05 AM
Aug 2013
It was way too much for me
May 16, 2023 12:56 AM

Mar 2008
Didn't expect there to be monsters in this world and seems Raeliana didn't think there were either so I guess this suggests the world she is in is a full world not limited to just the novel she read.
May 16, 2023 5:34 AM

Jun 2019
They both have started to have feelings for each other. I love that. I want more romance between both of them. Noah ain't fucking around with anyone who tries to hurt Raeliana.
May 18, 2023 4:04 AM

May 2015
Great episode. 

I absolutely love Raelina's smug smiles. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2023

80 by MeguriRapture »»
Oct 12, 8:42 PM

» more anime/manga/manwha like this?

Kitsune_089 - Oct 8

22 by Kalidechicle »»
Oct 12, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

96 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

51 by WolfWood37 »»
Sep 16, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

73 by WolfWood37 »»
Sep 16, 12:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.