Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2008 11:54 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Guess no one watched it yet since it is RAW. First thing to say: great episode for doing almost all the way a nice solo of Friender! Fans of Friender rejoice this one is for you! I like personally more Casshern so I will be honest I liked Casshern fighting in the beginning excellent fight once more but found it pathetic that he got crushed under the huge green block.

I know as well as am aware that it was mostly for Friender and that if he would get crushed under that block he would die. Still I believe logically they could have made Casshern use his rocket boosters to fly out. Guess they made so to show how Friender can be in such a situation. Well, I adored Friender and now he has a higher opinion of me about him.

Nice new characters:
1.Jin------------>I like him! Great personality. Cares for humans very surprised but happy he cares. Has two others he refers to a Dai and Tets (need subs to be sure).
2.Toro-------->cute kid! I like that he is there (is it a guy or girl, sometimes so hard to tell). Will correct this with subs once again). Also Toro's mother is cute.
3.Guido---------->Don't like him cause he went with those Robots that tried to attack Jin. Looks like a little betrayal to me.

Some details I liked: the design of the shelter where the humans took refuge. The music was nicely placed. Best episode that features almost all the way Friender and the fact he howls a lot more as well as he actually helps Casshern more than ever so far in this series Friender even helps Casshern from not killing all and losing his self. Very nice indeed.

Another thing in details would be the fish like line Dai and Tets use at the orders of Jin to blow up the green block keeping Casshern trapped. Best was when they link the line and it goes BOOM! I like that I like all things going BOOM!

Another thing that I did not see much in movies nor nearly in anime since I started is the fact you see a mother giving milk to the baby. Good feature that shows about life and survival from the mother/child relation.

Even though Casshern fought and all, he went berserk and good thing Friender stops him. Still they wanted to kill Casshern and here is where it shines! Jin said not to and Jin does not die so I guess another character that survives.

1.Liked the new character Jin and his compassion to protect.
2.Time to fall for another female character in this series, So far I liked many of them but recently it has to be Uta Hime Janine and Nico.

Friender you were damn good this episode!
slayer545-samaDec 11, 2008 12:06 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 13, 2008 8:29 PM
Sep 2007
Haha yeah, Casshern getting trapped under that huge block was appalling.

Was an alright episode, didn't have much feeling to it unlike the others, but nice seeing more humans around xD.

Damn Friender! Shouldn't have stopped berserk Casshern, wanted to see a proper fight between Casshern and Jin, he seemed to be capable of handling casshern's attacks well.

Next ep looks promising as always. :0
Dec 14, 2008 1:24 AM
Dec 2007
One of the best episodes so far, great even as a standalone, and the insert song at the end was so old school ;) !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 14, 2008 4:42 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode,it was nice to see humans and robots live together,and Jin is an interesting character.
Dec 14, 2008 9:13 AM
Dec 2007
I enjoyed the different characters this episode introduced. Jin is definitely an interesting character. I hope we get to see more of him later on in the series? And yippee for Friender! :D
Dec 14, 2008 10:21 AM

Apr 2007
great episode, jin ftw and the music was epic as always.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 14, 2008 2:38 PM

Oct 2007
I thought it was interesting meeting essentially a robot traitor(and a high one at that since he was obviously arounc Casshern's level in fighting skills). They also raised the interesting idea that the robot who aren't ruining might be custom made robots such as Casshern, Jin, and Friender. This show has been truly a work of art in it's examination of post-apocalypse mind set, action, and just the artwork in general.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 14, 2008 2:52 PM
Apr 2008
nice ep featuring some great music, and a cool new character. also some luna rumours. cant wait to see how that ends up playin out.
Dec 14, 2008 4:32 PM

Feb 2008
back ground music was epic. there are some humans too...it seems.

im thinking there is some big conspiracy somewhere. luna probably was never human to begin with.
Dec 14, 2008 11:02 PM

Jul 2008
this episode was somewhat refreshing since the ending didn't became tragic like some of the episodes.

fight scenes were still nice as usual and I adore the new character, Jin. x3

Dec 15, 2008 11:48 AM

Aug 2008
This is the best episode if only because it gave a metaphor for ruin. This episode wasn't nearly as formulaic as almost every other one has been, and <gasp> no one died, and there is such a thing as hope in this series after all. Plus I didn't feel sleepy at all through the episode...and did anyone else feel reminded of George from Paradise Kiss as they watched Jin on this episode (that's not a bad thing at all)?
Dec 15, 2008 1:41 PM

Feb 2008
....that was something like a "happy end", wasnt it?

How oddly refreshing! :]

Throughout this episode I got the feeling that Jin is the main character of the show, and Casshern is just a fighting machine side character. ^^
Dec 15, 2008 7:05 PM

Aug 2008
nice to see a robot see Casshern & exhibit some sense & self control. I'm sure we'll see him some more.
Dec 15, 2008 10:05 PM

Aug 2008
Happy ending, for a change. Sadly, I doubt we'll be seeing Jin again; so far none of the 'episode' character have made a reappearance. (Sophita :,( )
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 16, 2008 8:44 AM

Jan 2008
Another epic episode from Casshern. I liked the rather happy ending, it would be boring to see everyone trying to "devour" Casshern, then getting beaten by him. And I don't know if it's good to see humans. I mean there are only a few of them. They are an endagered species.
Go Jin!
Dec 17, 2008 8:12 AM
Nov 2008
Nice episode! I thought Casshern would be able to save himself, but it's nice to see Friender display his loyalty, something that we had not seen yet. Interesting idea raised regarding custom-made robots and not succumbing to the Ruin. I also liked Jin; it's rare to see a robot willing to interact and bother to care for humans.
The insert song was a little out-of-place to me though...
Dec 17, 2008 3:29 PM

Apr 2008
Great ep. Finally the new character doesn't die in the same ep his introduced xD.

Breath||
Dec 18, 2008 3:48 PM

Sep 2007
Monsta said:
Great ep. Finally the new character doesn't die in the same ep his introduced xD.

The guy didn't die last episode either, though. :x

New trend?
Dec 19, 2008 5:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Come on... the episodic nature of this series is pretty unique...

And Luna might still be alive. After we NEVER saw Casshern really kill her... The opening sequence of each episode reveals a bit more on what happened. And up to now, it is NOT confirmed that Casshern did kill Luna....

Or it could be that Luna's essence is left somewhere...maybe in Casshern?

And the robots don't realize that only humans can save them. They apparently lack problem solving skills and innovation that humans have.....If only human civilization was not driven to extinction, they could have figured out something to counter the ruin....

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 19, 2008 8:16 PM

Sep 2007
This was a rather good episode. It showed the bonds between both humans and robots living together to reach one goal. However, I'm started to get disappointed with the episodic feel. I was hoping they'd do more with this group of people since there was a lot of potential material to work with there.
Dec 23, 2008 11:35 PM

May 2008
Wow, Jin is a beast... it's good to know that someone else is joining the search along with Casshern.

Again, fabulous animation... Never can get enough of it.
Jan 17, 2009 6:25 AM

Dec 2008
Wow that was a nice episode
Friender ftw

Had anyone recognized some similarities in the backround music with the terminator theme.
it was at minute 10:45
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2009 8:38 AM

Jan 2008
This series will definitely turn out to be a classic in the long run. Friender getting the spot light was great, good episode
Jan 2, 2010 12:41 AM
Oct 2009
Fabienne said:
Wow that was a nice episode
Friender ftw

Had anyone recognized some similarities in the backround music with the terminator theme.
it was at minute 10:45

ya for a few sec's i thought an android was going to randomly kill people or something
Jun 18, 2010 12:35 PM
Sep 2009
Yay! The awesome acoustic guitar sponsorship music FINALLY appeared in the song!! ^_^
Sep 27, 2010 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode, the music in the middle sounded like the Terminator main theme.
Nov 6, 2010 5:28 PM

Dec 2008
I just love Friender!!
Oh, Jin!!!
Aug 6, 2012 10:00 PM

Oct 2011
humans witrh robots!!!!!!!!!
Jan 21, 2013 11:25 PM

May 2009
Alright im becoming a big friender fan!
May 17, 2013 12:01 PM
Aug 2011
Jin was certainly a refreshing character as far as this series goes.
Bonds with humans, Friender and he didn't even try to kill Casshern...fantastic.
Feb 21, 2014 11:14 AM

May 2012
Another episode where the focus is changed and well it wasn't bad but it could have been more interesting, I wonder what's next!
Feb 28, 2014 11:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That Jin guy is quite the fighter to be able to block Cassherns punches like that. OK episode I guess. I wonder how Cassher ended up under that rock though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 27, 2014 8:35 AM

Nov 2011
awwwww sheeeeeeeit come oooooon
And Jin was such a cool character too. Reminded me of Akihiko.

The things the people around the world say are interesting. Makes you wonder whether Casshern really did kill Luna or not (since she can't die, according to someone in an earlier ep). You get to really respect Casshern more since he's everyone thinks he's only a rumour.
Jan 4, 2016 9:07 PM

Jan 2013
Great ending song and new OST track.
Another very good episode.
Jan 7, 2016 11:27 PM

Jan 2010

A Friender episode, how about that.

I'm starting to think that the mystery of Casshern's past has, some ways, turned into the anime's lore. Even Casshern's own existence is a rumor, which is something I never really considered. Since we've always seen Casshern, it's difficult to tell how rare his sightings are. Though, it might be due to the high mortality rate associated with meeting him.

Also, we finally have humans, a first since episode 3. I'm surprised food still exists in the world, as there doesn't seem to be anything but dirt, rocks and ruins for miles on end. It's a wonder how they've managed to survive for so long. Perhaps its related to the idea of faith, just as it seems with robots. In fact, this has been brought up many times before, but this episode solidified it. The Ruin may be a test of faith, where if you have a strong enough conviction for something, anything, you'll be able to survive it. Those whom are rusting away have long since lost that conviction, and are merely living out their days as remnants and ghosts. The idea that robots succumb to the Ruin when they've given up on living serves as a nice metaphor to the human condition, essentially humanizing these robots.

The robot/human dichotomy hasn't been touched on yet, but it's almost an underlying theme of the show. Robots should be inherently immortal, as they'd continue to function so long as they're maintained. However, in the case of this show, they're capable of dying out, lending to characteristics such as desperation, fear, and a general lust for life. It's almost fatalistic, if not depressing to think that death is a necessary characteristic to be human. Then again, using faith as an way to extend life is fascinating commentary by the show, or at least I assume that was the intent. Regardless, it makes the show not entirely gloom and doom, which is something I appreciate.
Apr 17, 2016 9:44 AM

Sep 2013
I love the soundtrack of this anime *-*
Jul 26, 2016 4:58 AM
Dec 2014
Dogs are robot's best friend.
Jun 1, 2019 8:24 AM

Jul 2016
Fine episode, not much to say
Aug 26, 2020 3:41 PM

Feb 2020
An episode ending without anything heartbreaking ? Is that really Casshern Sins ?
Just kidding, it made me happy to see some real hope in this show. I really thought someone was going to die by the end but fortunately, it didn't happen. I really liked this little group.
It's also nice to have some hints at what the ruin is supposed to symbolize : basically, a broken self who's gradually losing faith.
Overall a great episode as usual, I keep loving how each episode introduces characters dealing with hardship a different way. It's always interesting and very touching.
Dec 25, 2022 7:17 PM

Dec 2014
thank god no one died. Jin is one of my favorites so far

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.